PDA

View Full Version : The best LMG you've seen so far? "Daddy needs a new toy"

swatti
04-07-2013, 09:30 AM
Those episode-missions gave me a mighty nice purple assault-rifle to replace my old LMG, sadly its calling me again but i keep finding junk that never reaches as far as a vendor...

So, what is the best LMG you've seen so far? And, where did you get it?

Avenger
04-07-2013, 09:41 AM
I can reliably find a green SAW in the Mount Tam area vendor, but apart from that it's nearly always random drops.

Fiancee
04-07-2013, 09:44 AM
Buy some bits and open lockboxs!

ExpiredLifetime
04-07-2013, 09:53 AM
Grind out 200 faction and buy the purple SAW from toolworks. It has near ideal innate mods, and an excellent synergy.

Kettlewell
04-07-2013, 09:55 AM
Top Notch Toolworks reputation 200 - Frontier SAW with full synergy mods and 10% behind damage on full level. Perfection.

swatti
04-07-2013, 12:22 PM
Top Notch Toolworks reputation 200 - Frontier SAW with full synergy mods and 10% behind damage on full level. Perfection.

Sounds like a winner there!
Do i have to collect/kill X-type of mobs to grind the rep or what?

Oddly i havent seen the saw for sale or did i just miss the right spot?

Exes
04-07-2013, 12:25 PM

It's on the rep vendro box/vehicle whatever it is. You always have a regular shop, rep shot and lockbox shop in the most "towns".

alienoid
04-07-2013, 12:26 PM

You need to be over 250 EGO to unlock reputation contracts (pursuits tab, secon icon).
You also need to be of a certain EGO level to have the purple and later orange weapons show up at the rep vendors.

Madcat
04-07-2013, 12:28 PM
Pretty much any SAW is the best LMG. You can buy ones that Might have a nano effect from some of the non-quick travel vendors. I always get mine from the one that is east of Iron demon ranch. Also, that Top Notch one is kinda meh, not worth having to grind out to get. Its ok if ya just have the points laying around, but there are better saws you can find as drops.

Mirimon
04-07-2013, 12:28 PM
best lmg I have stops at 606 base dmg, orange, 90 rd mag, electric nano, run n gun set bonus

Jevonski
04-07-2013, 01:19 PM
all I know is the EMC LMG's are pure junk.

swatti
04-07-2013, 01:31 PM
You need to be over 250 EGO to unlock reputation contracts (pursuits tab, secon icon).
You also need to be of a certain EGO level to have the purple and later orange weapons show up at the rep vendors.

393EGO atm if im not mistaken... Ive seen some items being collected by killing certain mobs. I take it thats the rep-grind? And it just so happens they are the big ugly mofos you have to pummel a while and search for an hour.

While i understand RNG is part of all MMOs i do hate it and every MMO should have a "grindable" way to get very good gear as long as it aint tradable currency like money or farmbots will invade soon after and kids stealing moms Visa wtfpwn everyone.

Ps: i was hoping i'd see the last of rep-grinds when i quit wow. Thanks, all that therapy wasted...

Munx
04-07-2013, 01:37 PM
Im 1200 currently and i generally just stock up on the frontier saws from the vendor north east on the map, theres no quick travel there though.

Once i max lmg skill ill likely trying get a frontier saw with syphon and one with acid or fire.

xSkan
04-07-2013, 04:47 PM
Those episode-missions gave me a mighty nice purple assault-rifle to replace my old LMG, sadly its calling me again but i keep finding junk that never reaches as far as a vendor...

So, what is the best LMG you've seen so far? And, where did you get it?

I'm currently using an LMG with 404 base dmg with radiation and 111 ammo per magazine. Its pretty boss, I dont think I'm ever going to be able to replace it lol

Dinova
04-08-2013, 01:04 AM
I'm currently using an LMG with 404 base dmg with radiation and 111 ammo per magazine. Its pretty boss, I dont think I'm ever going to be able to replace it lol
That kind of gun i've seen seen so far, radiation nano.

I've had all the others already, but never a radiation one :( My original 404-base one does 419 now :)

Taaltos
04-08-2013, 01:06 AM
My blue FRC SAW.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aB4Mg5hKICo

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j211/lovablejoe/SAW.png

Pruney
04-08-2013, 01:18 AM
I have a 444 Damage LMG with those slowing bullets. Really nice accuracy too, I use it as a sniper most of the time. 85 round mag

KadenLag
04-08-2013, 01:44 AM
i have a green 50 ego LMG that i would love to swap for something better but since the game has a color coding system and ego rating system on weapons that doesnt make sense being there, even a orange and multiple purple 400+ ego LMG's have not even been close to better.

Hummy
04-08-2013, 04:50 AM
all I know is the EMC LMG's are pure junk.

In terms of stats yeah sadly, but it looks amazing when fully modded. I personally use the SAW LMG 404 base damage, mod them out whenever I find them for a nice 444 damage and 128 clip. I have a fair few now, 2 syphon, 2 radiation, I have never come across incendiary or electrical for this lmg sadly :(

bwar
04-08-2013, 05:04 AM
I tried to use the EMC's but they are just so horrible. I think the starter assault rifle is even vastly superior to them.

Double SAW's with the auto-reloaded your stored weapon perk anyone? Now if only I could figure out to get infinite ammo to supply these bad boys.

Also just found a nice purple SAW on one of the secret vendors, will be on a major mod hunt today I think.

Xtheoneandonly
04-08-2013, 06:30 AM
I found a green FRC Saw that I named the Golgothan as it's got the Bio nano on it.

KodiakX
04-08-2013, 06:41 AM
The best SAW I have currently is a 1.15x Crit Multiplier bonus and 2% crit modifier while crouching bonus SAW with a Fire Nano Proc. The crits are a beastly 750+ in most cases. I currently use a Rank 2 Recoil Stock, Rank 2 Power Barrel, and Rank 2 Ammo Capacity for it. I have a Rank 3 Ammo Capacity that I'm sitting on as well.

I've noticed ranking up in EGO that the vendor SAWs naturally upgrade. For example at 500 they were blank SAWs with no nano effect on the vendor. At 750 they turned to Biological (including the Frontier SAW in Toolworks). At 1000 they went back to blank nano effect SAWs. I imagine they will change again at 1250.

The most ideal SAW I could imagine would be:

1.25x Clip (base mod)
1.xx Crit Modifier (base mod)
15% Grenade Refresh on Kill OR 25% of stowed clip on kill. (special base mod)

Preparedness Synergy (base synergy) (1% ammo regen)
Preparedness Power Power Bore (modification) (2% ammo regen)
Precision High Capacity Magazine (modification) (10% accuracy)
Precision Recoil Stock (modification) (20% accuracy)

If I went with a Scope I'd probably want it to be Grenadier for the -10% recoil as well.

The toolworks one will work for now (waiting to see if there's a new proc at 1250 and hoping it isn't biological cause the noise is super annoying), but the 200% melee after revive is a huge waste and the rest of the base modifiers are fairly mediocre. The only really redeeming value is the 1% ammo regen synergy.

Shismar
04-08-2013, 06:42 AM
I may grab the Toolworks' purple SAW when I have the faction creds even though I do not like the synergy. Until I happen on a purple+ SAW with assasins# synergy and electrical or sypon, I'll just grab a green one from one of the vendors.

Dinova
04-08-2013, 07:05 AM
Is there any alternative for the 2 scopes? I dont like the massive zoom on the weapon, believe called Tactical and Commando (assault?), but there isnt any other scope-mod that doesnt change the zoom?

KodiakX
04-08-2013, 07:36 AM
Is there any alternative for the 2 scopes? I dont like the massive zoom on the weapon, believe called Tactical and Commando (assault?), but there isnt any other scope-mod that doesnt change the zoom?

Commando doesn't actually increase the zoom very much and is the most basic zoom type. The problem I had with it was that it didn't zoom enough and I ended up seeing nothing but gun fire out of it while aiming lol...I really hate the scopes in this game. Wish they'd add in a basic rail or something that doesn't obscure 80% of the screen.

Remag Div
04-08-2013, 07:41 AM
I'm almost at 400 EGO and still use my starter LMG as a Machinist. lol

I haven't grinded rep yet for contracts but so far I haven't looted anything better.

Braneric
04-08-2013, 08:34 AM
Call me crazy but i actually like the EMC LMG. It doesn't have the raw damage output of a SAW but the bloom is MUCH smaller than the SAW which makes me more accurate.

Now with that said if I find some decent LMG mods I'll probably go back to the SAW.

Munx
04-08-2013, 09:01 AM
the EMC can really only compete if you are unable to control the recoil of the saw, which tbh isnt that difficult.

Shismar
04-08-2013, 09:08 AM
Commando doesn't actually increase the zoom very much and is the most basic zoom type. The problem I had with it was that it didn't zoom enough and I ended up seeing nothing but gun fire out of it while aiming lol...I really hate the scopes in this game. Wish they'd add in a basic rail or something that doesn't obscure 80% of the screen.
Stabilisation sight is similar to Commando and works quite well too. The bad ones are Precision and assault, they have the blue clutter and high zoom.

I'm almost at 400 EGO and still use my starter LMG as a Machinist. lol

I haven't grinded rep yet for contracts but so far I haven't looted anything better.
Make sure to use a fresh LMG as soon as your current one is max level. You can buy green ones from vendors that are at least as good as the starting one.

Drekor
04-08-2013, 10:09 AM
The best SAW I have currently is a 1.15x Crit Multiplier bonus and 2% crit modifier while crouching bonus SAW with a Fire Nano Proc. The crits are a beastly 750+ in most cases. I currently use a Rank 2 Recoil Stock, Rank 2 Power Barrel, and Rank 2 Ammo Capacity for it. I have a Rank 3 Ammo Capacity that I'm sitting on as well.

I've noticed ranking up in EGO that the vendor SAWs naturally upgrade. For example at 500 they were blank SAWs with no nano effect on the vendor. At 750 they turned to Biological (including the Frontier SAW in Toolworks). At 1000 they went back to blank nano effect SAWs. I imagine they will change again at 1250.

The most ideal SAW I could imagine would be:

1.25x Clip (base mod)
1.xx Crit Modifier (base mod)
15% Grenade Refresh on Kill OR 25% of stowed clip on kill. (special base mod)

Preparedness Synergy (base synergy) (1% ammo regen)
Preparedness Power Power Bore (modification) (2% ammo regen)
Precision High Capacity Magazine (modification) (10% accuracy)
Precision Recoil Stock (modification) (20% accuracy)

If I went with a Scope I'd probably want it to be Grenadier for the -10% recoil as well.

The toolworks one will work for now (waiting to see if there's a new proc at 1250 and hoping it isn't biological cause the noise is super annoying), but the 200% melee after revive is a huge waste and the rest of the base modifiers are fairly mediocre. The only really redeeming value is the 1% ammo regen synergy.

That would be a drool worthy weapon.

Fenric
04-08-2013, 10:31 AM
Ahh how I love the SAWs. I just wish killing stuff would drop more items than how it is in game currently. I don't like the lockbox mechanic for getting weapons at all. I hope they make major arkfalls give any type of item as well, instead of just grenades and shields.

SAWs are just so good. Whenever I find a new one it's maxed out on exp. again in a couple hours at the most. Best one I've found so far was just a 404 damage one with incendiary effect. On mobs with tons of health the burning damage is really nice.

Heisenburg
04-08-2013, 10:36 AM
First LMG drop I got was a white FRC Saw, With flame attribute. Have fully tricked it out and still use it. What can I say, it's fun burning stuff.

Remag Div
04-08-2013, 11:50 AM
Make sure to use a fresh LMG as soon as your current one is max level. You can buy green ones from vendors that are at least as good as the starting one.

What's max level again?

swatti
04-08-2013, 04:20 PM
i strongly suggest NOT to buy the lock-boxes, just sucks getting 3 green pistols and a lame shotgun. Intead i suggest to buy the "mods lockbox" for far less key-codes as it gives you lvl3 mods that cant seem to find as drops or at any vendor atleast. Do correct me where to find these if there is a solid way.

So far mods seem far more usefull then 4 random items and the price aint bad.

Reiji
04-08-2013, 04:58 PM
Any SAW with a burst fire mod = winner. Burst fire makes it ridiculously more accurate.

Munx
04-08-2013, 05:29 PM
Also makes it slower, and more of a pain to fire.

I have no problem hitting 90-100% of my shoots with saw at full auto, even unmodded.

Though I could imagine it being a decent addittion for my secondary saw as a long range wep.

KodiakX
04-08-2013, 05:34 PM
Yea base SAW is beastly without need for bursts.

Also at 1250 the vendor SAWs went back to being biological. Going to be a long time till I hit 1500 without them fixing pursuits to check the next rank.

swatti
04-08-2013, 06:45 PM
Kinda torn between fire or health-steal if i had the choice...

Are the saws still 400 dmg at 1250E?

Gonna farm some rep and get the first fire OR siphon purple i see. Should last me a while, well, patch comin so cant say that for sure tho. I dont see any usefull happening from a bio gun, fire has a nice dot if not a bit rare to proc but good when it does. If hp siphon gives shield-hp it would be awasome, if only health im fine with that too.

Munx
04-08-2013, 06:47 PM
well theres the frontier which is 404 and the frc which i belive is 416

KodiakX
04-08-2013, 06:47 PM
Kinda torn between fire or health-steal if i had the choice...

Are the saws still 400 dmg at 1250E?

Gonna farm some rep and get the first fire OR siphon purple i see. Should last me a while, well, patch comin so cant say that for sure tho. I dont see any usefull happening from a bio gun, fire has a nice dot if not a bit rare to proc but good when it does. If hp siphon gives shield-hp it would be awasome, if only health im fine with that too.

Most SAW's stay around the same damage it depends what mods are in the weapon. 416 is usually a 404 with a 1.03 dmg mod.

I haven't seen a single Rep SAW outside of the Echelon and Toolworks SAWs both of which are the same Frontier SAW. Both have the same modifiers each time and both are terrible to acquire:

That "Prepared" bonus also requires you to have a "Prepared" mod to slot into the weapon. That means you need to get 200 Rep for Toolworks just to buy the SAW and then start gambling 100 Rep for a mod with the Prepared Synergy on it that actually fits into the SAW to gain the 1% ammo regen. Then you need to gamble for another mod for the 2 set bonus. You can gain around 100 per week if you do the daily every day and the weekly.

Honestly it isn't worth the time or effort for a poor base weapon with a decent Synergy bonus outside of casually trying to acquire it because the stop and wait nature of the daily.

Linx
04-08-2013, 06:50 PM
I got an orange level LMG from a tier 3 lockbox that seems pretty good. Not too interested in using it but here are the stats:

VBI LM-43 Thunder
Ego 358
Stock and Barrel mod slots
Synergy: Survivalist
[2] +2% Damage to targets with full health and shields
x1.10 Mag
15% Self-Revive recharge on revive other player
x1.25 Mag

DMG: 202
Fire Rate: 10.0
Mag: 101
Reload: 5.0
Crit: 1.1x
Bloom: 0.20

The neat thing is the reticule starts kind of big but with sustained fire accuracy improves greatly, almost to that of a zoomed in pistol.

exxcess
04-08-2013, 11:23 PM
best lmg I have stops at 606 base dmg, orange, 90 rd mag, electric nano, run n gun set bonus

May I ask where you got this godly item :D

Dinova
04-09-2013, 01:20 AM
The neat thing is the reticule starts kind of big but with sustained fire accuracy improves greatly, almost to that of a zoomed in pistol.
Thats a EMC LMG, never really liked those. Any decent AR has higher ROF and more dmg (220), it lacks massive on crit (AR with mod can hit 1.5-1.6) and got a really stupid reload timer.

Mr Badger
09-04-2013, 10:57 AM
Thunder LMG all the way. High rate of fire and I almost ALWAYS rank between 1st and 3rd in Arkfalls due. Radiation nano curently but would LOVE a fire nano thunder. DPS anyone? Oh and 161 rnd mag and other 2nd tier mods.

Lindrei
09-04-2013, 12:28 PM
Damn, you dug deep to find this thread. It's 5 months old.

Mr Badger
09-04-2013, 01:00 PM
Damn, you dug deep to find this thread. It's 5 months old.

Searched for LMG info and brought me here. Also I like dead things

Lindrei
09-04-2013, 01:04 PM
What info are you looking for?

Mr Badger
09-04-2013, 01:12 PM
Was looking for opinions on LMGs. Im building for DPS and right now the core of one of my builds is a thunder lmg.

jazz
09-04-2013, 01:26 PM
Was looking for opinions on LMGs. Im building for DPS and right now the core of one of my builds is a thunder lmg.

you would be better off searching for info on LMGs newer than 5 month old threads imho since patches have included nerfs/buffs to LMGs since this thread was written

Lindrei
09-04-2013, 01:36 PM
Thunder is your fastest fire rate at 15bps, largest natural clip size at 120 bullets, is more accurate the longer you fire for and 200~ damage a shot.

SAW is a slower(at 8bps), has a natual clip size of 85, and is about 300~ damage a bullet.

Rocker is a 5 round burst fire, has a natural clip size of 75, a large amount of recoil, and 350~ damage a shot.(please correct me if this is wrong)

Disrupter is a 3 round burst fire, has a natural clip size of 60, and is 110~x3 damage a shot. It is also underapreciated but that is manly because it used to do 1/2 the dps of a SAW.

Last is the Volge LMG which is alot different with a fire rate of 1.5bps, natural clip size of 15, exremely accurate at any range, and is about 950~ danage a shot.

Telemachus
09-04-2013, 04:03 PM
The EMC LMG from the rep vendor is decent now , maybe better than the Thunder. Large clip higher damage high rate of fire low recoil and fire nano with plus 1.10 to mag for 50 rep.

Kibblehouse
09-05-2013, 07:02 AM
Personally, I still love my Saw's I just got a decent Orange and a Purple, Modded them up with full synergy mods and they are a blast. Slightly less awesome than they used to be, but for my playstyle I like them better than the last Thunder I tried. (maybe if I had a fully modded Purple Thunder I'd feel different?)

2 other notes.

Lately I have been having fun with the VOT Disrupter, I always just scrapped them before, but I gave them a try and they can be fun. They may not top the damage charts, but its like running around with a full auto shotgun with a big magazine. If you like to spray with fire rather than go for precise headshots, this is a good LMG for you.

The Volge LMG, FUN used them alot when they came out, tiny bloom and recoil means you can just put the X over the target and hold the trigger down. The rounds either "Splash" or just have a big "hit box" either way targeting dosent have to be too precise to get hits. Low ROF means its an Ammo Sipper, High damage shots means you can see the enemy's hit bar go down with each shot, very satisfying. Plus IT SHOOTS BLUE FIRE!!! If you want more Sci-Fi in your game this can make it extra fun. Drawbacks, yes you can get better DPS with other things. And for me, the big one, Its a weapon you can blow yourself up with. If you forget what your doing and fire on a close target, or if your trying to shoot from cover, you can be dead in a cpl shots if your not careful, or over excited. And the explosive radius is pretty large, I think larger than something like a CS-X. So keep something else on hand and remember to switch off when the targets get in close.

Mess7739
09-05-2013, 02:48 PM

Same here, I maxed out the LMG weapon skill and I'm currently using a White SAW with Rad nano since I first picked it up in May. The DMG was around 425 with the mods and skill bonuses, I forget what DMG it does now since the nerf but I shred through Volge with it. I'm not replacing it until I find one with a decent synergy like Grenadier, Run-n-Gun, or Rolling Thunder.

Smokey Greenleaf
09-08-2013, 03:52 AM
best LMG i've seen is my legendary VBI LM-43 Thunder.
synergy run n gun 4 set mod bonus,
x0.75 recoil (mastery bonus),
-0.10 recoil yellow bonus,
25% of stowed weapon clip reloaded on a kill,
x1.10 fire rate,
180 round clip.
radiation nano.
you guys can keep your ugly SAWs with your low rate of fire, this thing fires like the tacmag pulser's big brother, holds 180 rounds, has absolutely NO RECOIL, and it cuts through the volge like a hot knife through butter! sure the base damage is lower than a saw at 216, but the rate of fire is three times that of a saw, and with no recoil, every single shot is a crit. just wish it didnt cost 25K arc salvage to remaster it, found myself resorting to green EMC LMGs from the supply vendors to build my weapon skill up then switching to this baby for sieges, arc falls, co-op and anything else serious i do.

Mess7739
09-09-2013, 06:37 PM
best LMG i've seen is my legendary VBI LM-43 Thunder.
synergy run n gun 4 set mod bonus,
x0.75 recoil (mastery bonus),
-0.10 recoil yellow bonus,
25% of stowed weapon clip reloaded on a kill,
x1.10 fire rate,
180 round clip.
radiation nano.
you guys can keep your ugly SAWs with your low rate of fire, this thing fires like the tacmag pulser's big brother, holds 180 rounds, has absolutely NO RECOIL, and it cuts through the volge like a hot knife through butter! sure the base damage is lower than a saw at 216, but the rate of fire is three times that of a saw, and with no recoil, every single shot is a crit. just wish it didnt cost 25K arc salvage to remaster it, found myself resorting to green EMC LMGs from the supply vendors to build my weapon skill up then switching to this baby for sieges, arc falls, co-op and anything else serious i do.

Dude, thats pretty sweet!
Anyway you can take in-game pic of stats and post?

Smokey Greenleaf
09-11-2013, 02:41 PM
here we go, hope this pic works better than the last one did, took me a week to find all the mods i needed to remod it, but heres proof the volge melting beast really exists :-D