PDA

View Full Version : Charge Balde Nerfed?

marbeano
08-23-2016, 12:38 PM
Did the charge blade get Nerfed? After the 99 problem update I went straight to a shadow war match, and the blade's lunge/angle seems to be off. It felt like it was reduced. I usually just press R1 and I would be able to catch up to a fleeing enemy but now I can only hit them once before they escape the lunge's radius, leaving me vulnerable, and open from hits because you can't cancel the blades animations.

Was the charge blade's lunge and angle reduced?
(Was using shanzifyo)

Johnny Gatt
08-23-2016, 11:41 PM
It was adjusted to make things more realistic. It is why you would not bring a sword to a gunfight in real life. Now you have to deal with the real limitations of a melee weapon in ranged combat... no more easy kills with sword.

Gaige12
08-23-2016, 11:58 PM
Yep. Party's over. No more blurring around hack-n-slashers.

Give it a few days tho. There will be a new 'flavor of the month' in pvp soon enough.

WhiteStrike
08-24-2016, 12:16 AM
It was adjusted to make things more realistic. It is why you would not bring a sword to a gunfight in real life. Now you have to deal with the real limitations of a melee weapon in ranged combat... no more easy kills with sword.

Can you provide a link to where it was mentioned that swords got their range adjusted?

Fallen_Aingeal
08-24-2016, 12:43 AM
Can you provide a link to where it was mentioned that swords got their range adjusted?

It was a ninja-nerf.

A lot of talk about this in zone tonight...Ppl have noticed their blades were "adjusted".

marbeano
08-24-2016, 01:07 AM

Yep. Party's over. No more blurring around hack-n-slashers.

Give it a few days tho. There will be a new 'flavor of the month' in pvp soon enough.

I only switch to cb to take care of perma cloaks and when players get too close because people whine when i do Surge Bolt at point blank , I'm not one those Blur runners so no worries lol.

Thanks for confirming tho.

WhiteStrike
08-24-2016, 01:38 AM
It was a ninja-nerf.

A lot of talk about this in zone tonight...Ppl have noticed their blades were "adjusted".

On PvE as well?

Aliasse
08-24-2016, 02:04 AM
You know the blades didn't need a dmg nerf or anything too seriously. It was just the range of the blade which was the main problem.

I didn't mind getting 2-3 hit killed but the range of the sword was like playing COD with commando pro perk

NullWolf
08-24-2016, 02:08 AM
Im guessing this is the cause of the sudden surge in carving knifes and virtues I've been seeing sold for under their usual price.

stoodakiss
08-24-2016, 02:20 AM
man the 25% nerf wasnt enough?

xRhino
08-24-2016, 03:14 AM

and yet here i am in FY smashing with the omec stun rod lol

Logain
08-24-2016, 04:24 AM

Nope too many BR users complained.

And I bet that they will regret these nerfs when the latest Bundle does not sell at all.

Ronin9572
08-24-2016, 04:36 AM
That's funny I was thinking the same thing about the BR users.

Fallen_Aingeal
08-24-2016, 09:13 AM
Nope too many BR users complained.

And I bet that they will regret these nerfs when the latest Bundle does not sell at all.

The blade nerf won't be the fault for bad sales.

The fact that they didn't include a pp will hurt them more than anything.

Logain
08-24-2016, 09:34 AM
The blade nerf won't be the fault for bad sales.

The fact that they didn't include a pp will hurt them more than anything.

True.

If the blade was better, it might get more sales as well.

stoodakiss
08-24-2016, 09:37 AM
True.

If the blade was better, it might get more sales as well.

the sword looks freakin cool as all hell but another sword nerf came with the patch, nope definitely not buying it now

Lamar Kendrick
08-24-2016, 06:37 PM
mm 2015 - the emancipator was released, slugger got "FIXED"

mm 2016 - virtue was released, swords got -25% dmg deduction pvp wise

aug bundle - cutting edge was released, swords got massive nerf

why not nerf every thing now shall we?

ninja this ninja that

then no patch notes about it? -_-

keptman
08-25-2016, 07:41 AM
This needs to be fixed. Sword is not working at all. It causes the secondary weapon to not work as well. Put a full clip in someone with a feaster and they didn't lose a bit of health. Has happened more then once. Have also noticed that person could be right in front of you and full swing they don't take damage.
Ninja nerfed to the point they don't work at all. What was the point of buffing melee awhile back only to set back the one thing that depends on it. Makes no sense.
As it stands in my opinion right now swords are useless.
So instead of fixing the jumping and dets. Let's make everything so nothing works right. That makes totally sense.

Lamar Kendrick
08-25-2016, 08:24 AM
also i noticed swinging any blade feels heavy compared back then or is it just me but still fix this

Destromathe
08-25-2016, 08:49 AM
Hey All,

Thanks for catching this! Unfortunately, it looks like this change, which was on our internal testing environment, made it live. This was simply something we were testing to see if it would make a good change. It will be reverted in the next hotfix.

DynastyKris
08-25-2016, 08:57 AM
Hey All,

Thanks for catching this! Unfortunately, it looks like this change, which was on our internal testing environment, made it live. This was simply something we were testing to see if it would make a good change. It will be reverted in the next hotfix.

Amen to that Destro!!

Lamar Kendrick
08-25-2016, 09:12 AM
Hey All,

thanks you destro!