PDA

View Full Version : Is higher score relevant now?

Lithova
08-27-2016, 04:24 PM
Heya, I asked this in another thread in response to Destromathe's post. But I'm curious if score is relevant now since this post was made.

Hey All,

We know that downtimes can be frustrating, and rest assured that we avoid them whenever possible. However, going into the weekend, we feel it is going to be best for us to alter the scaling for these events, so that a higher score can be obtained. The alternative would have been to wait until after the weekend, which we felt was a worse option.

We really appreciate your patience and understanding.

http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?247540-at-least-two-downtimes-during-event...&p=1953824&viewfull=1#post1953824

To highlight and directly quote to what I'm referring too

we feel it is going to be best for us to alter the scaling for these events, so that a higher score can be obtained.

So why should players obtain a higher score now, did the increased difficulty to the event and does having a higher score mean better rewards? What is the relevance to having a higher score during this event mean?

Johnny Stranger
08-27-2016, 04:39 PM
people complained about the lack of keys/af being earned in these major arkfalls and the shortness of the minors (as per pursuit for inv slots) I was one of them . So in Trion's wisdom , they thought by upping the enemies strength , that we would be able to earn more keys/af and I am clueless what they did with the minors because round 4 is non existent ...:confused: So what has happened, everyone for the most part is scoring less , Major arkfalls are taking upwards of 20 minutes not including the crystals, and we are still earning 2-5 keys , 1-3 af per major arkfall ..and still collecting blues upon blues ..minor arkfalls are completed at the same rate ,no change I observed . also , t4 ar mods are not dropping very often (go figure, 3 jp's that require these, not dropping ).. I have so many pistol/infector/shotgun and a few sniper mods , but only almost a handful of ar mods...something is wrong , if the weapon base is 3 to 1 ratio , the mod drop base should be equal ...or at least improved...:confused:

so in short , the relevance of a higher score would be to garner more keys/ark forge , not better rewards as in guns/mods ..rng is working on that ..or is it :confused:

Johnny Gatt
08-27-2016, 04:48 PM
The rewards have nothing to do with the recent changes. Rewards are at the mercy of RnGesus, regardless of score. AR mods are the most sought after , so most likely weighted to drop at lower frequency than all other mods. You can still buy A A boxes from the bit store. Maybe RnGesus will smile favorably if you gamble a little real money.

The difficulty was scaled to make the arkfalls last a little longer. The enemies are harder to kill but still worth the same points, so you won't see much of a change in keys or forge gained. The good news is that you can still purchase forge from the bit store.

snoglobe81
08-27-2016, 04:53 PM
Arkfalls are lasting but score is still not the greatest. Factor in if you go down that's a lost of points. Especially at night when chances of going down is greater so to me nothing really changed.

Smokey Black
08-27-2016, 05:13 PM
The way to score high is to rush to the major and solo 3 or 4 of the minors. Easier said then done.