PDA

View Full Version : 99 overpowered

Meee
08-29-2016, 03:25 PM
These 99er major arkfalls are getting a bit on the silly side . Ppl have stopped playing these cause most have their 30 inventory slots . Now it's 10 ppl trying to go around picking ppl up cause all you see are bodies on the ground and most of the time you can't even see them to pick them up . This needs to get toned down to a manageable level

PS
Thank you for fixing the purgatory to its proper form

DEATHBRINGER210
08-29-2016, 03:27 PM
they go down cause ,they dont have a good bmg

Ryu Soba JP
08-29-2016, 05:46 PM
Or, most players are just shooting a few enemies then standing outside the final spawn doing nothing because score and skill doesn't mean anything in defiance. Pretty funny coming from you though OP.

Meee
08-29-2016, 05:58 PM
Or, most players are just shooting a few enemies then standing outside the final spawn doing nothing because score and skill doesn't mean anything in defiance. Pretty funny coming from you though OP.

Hey if things aren't going smoothly I'll shoot some stuff and actually help . But if they are then yes you'll see me at the top of the board

Ever since they took away damage as the leader board there is zero incentive

reciprocate
08-29-2016, 06:13 PM
Hey if things aren't going smoothly I'll shoot some stuff and actually help . But if they are then yes you'll see me at the top of the board

Ever since they took away damage as the leader board there is zero incentive

They took that away quite a long time ago though if I recall. That being said, this current event is just flat out poorly executed. Score scaling is messed up.

Cobra Crusher
08-29-2016, 09:44 PM
I think they should change it so enemies are more aggressive toward players who are bmg healing.

Ronin9572
08-30-2016, 04:27 AM
I think they should change it so enemies are more aggressive toward players who are bmg healing.

LOL there'd be a mass exodus of players from Defiance

r1p
08-30-2016, 05:31 AM
they go down cause ,they dont have a good bmg

They go down because of the people using the BMG's.

People complained that they weren't getting enough AF from the major's because they weren't lasting long enough so Trion made the enemies more difficult. Now the people that are actually shooting are aggro-ing even tougher enemies that do even more damage and going down more because of it. Couple that with the the higher tier enemies now being able to 1-2 shot kill and we end up with multiple extracts which means no points or ark forge while doing all of the work. Meanwhile the leeches with BMG's are reaping all of the rewards.

If we needed anything else to demonstrate that points for healing should be nerfed into the ground then this event is it. People will continue to use BMG's as long as there are free/easy points to be had and it really isn't fair to the rest of us that are actually contributing.

doctordabs
08-30-2016, 07:03 AM
LOL there'd be a mass exodus of players from Defiance

in that case..
bye felicia

stoodakiss
08-30-2016, 07:18 AM
in that case..
bye felicia

yall couldnt live without bmgs. more people need to use them at arkfalls, that's why people are dying

Mr B
08-30-2016, 09:21 AM

People complained that they weren't getting enough AF from the major's because they weren't lasting long enough so Trion made the enemies more difficult. Now the people that are actually shooting are aggro-ing even tougher enemies that do even more damage and going down more because of it. Couple that with the the higher tier enemies now being able to 1-2 shot kill and we end up with multiple extracts which means no points or ark forge while doing all of the work. Meanwhile the leeches with BMG's are reaping all of the rewards.

If we needed anything else to demonstrate that points for healing should be nerfed into the ground then this event is it. People will continue to use BMG's as long as there are free/easy points to be had and it really isn't fair to the rest of us that are actually contributing.

+1
What could be a good idea to balance things out would be to let bmgs users get points the way they want, and bring back the damage leaderboard, while keeping the points leaderboards too, and reward players accordingly to their contribution. win/win.
(but please nerf the bmgs vfx lol)

Hexthat
08-30-2016, 09:28 AM
if your getting hit by anything at an arkfall your probably standing still, I run around the arkfall using bmg picking up green-purp off ground before they disappear. If i run in a predicable pattern i get hit, but if i switch my path up as travel around I TAKE ZERO DMG THE WHOLE ARKFALL!!!

sometimes i do something stupid like run towards a guy that is about to get pounced on by an inquisitor and i take dmg cause they got a range of over like 10 metters..... but yeah AI in defiance are extreamly easy to dodge even in tier 36 expos...... unless they use the old fashion bullets instead of dets....

tAsHiNkA
08-30-2016, 09:46 AM
- you can't heal a corpse
the minority actually damaging these tough enemies become their priority; i don't hide, but i do spend a lot of time running for my life
- the only way to reduce the mass bmg use is to lower the reward for doing so

upper
08-30-2016, 09:49 AM
if your getting hit by anything at an arkfall your probably standing still, I run around the arkfall using bmg picking up green-purp off ground before they disappear. If i run in a predicable pattern i get hit, but if i switch my path up as travel around I TAKE ZERO DMG THE WHOLE ARKFALL!!!

So you use a BMG and expect enemies to attack you? Nice one.

Hexthat
08-30-2016, 09:59 AM
BMG and tasm, tasm when nobody to heal

clubside
08-30-2016, 10:09 AM
I think people are only seeing their own experience and can't imagine 99 Problems Majors play differently depending on a few factors.

On PC NA there's almost always 100+ players. Sure there are the jackpot miners with a bunch of AFK characters on the outskirts, but for the most part there are plenty of powerful players mopping up the mobs. It's always Threat Level 11. I'm in a big clan on my main so there's almost always a Major, one after the other, thanks to share jumping.

On Xbox 360 NA there's almost always 100+ players. A lot less jackpot mining since you need multiple consoles. It's always Threat Level 11 and plenty of powerful players to end the event quickly. I'm not in a clan because of my website project and often wait hours for a Major to pop.

On PS3 NA I've only been at one major with 100+ players. Of the ten I've done most only have around 30 players and only Threat Level 10. You die constantly, no one can revive you because the players are outnumbered five to one. Everyone stays outside the circle hoping to deal with just a few enemies leading to a giant web of death. No one is there to revive you. It's PS3 so the likelihood of critting on extract is high, then you have to quit and relaunch the game and hope you can get back into the same Major. With so few players comes lots of low EGOs. I've seen results boards with people having 60+ deaths. In Zone I've heard of people critting three or more times through the single Major, even worse if you try to run the whole event.

The event can be easy, but it can also be punishing. It's all about circumstances, something PTS can't help with.

Ryeno
08-30-2016, 10:11 AM
I think they should just make healing draw aggro as well. I mean the first thing I'd shoot is the one healing my enemies so they can keep trying to shoot me.

el joshie
08-30-2016, 10:17 AM
So you use a BMG and expect enemies to attack you? Nice one.

I use pl8 bmg almost 20k dmg 0% charge & whatever br/ar I'm trying to get some godawful mastery on before I junk it. Point is yes enemies attack me a lot.

ARB82
08-30-2016, 10:18 AM
I think they should just make healing draw aggro as well. I mean the first thing I'd shoot is the one healing my enemies so they can keep trying to shoot me.

+1 well said that man.....or woman

Hexthat
08-30-2016, 10:18 AM

I love this idea, would make BMGing so much more fun using blur.... that isn't sarcasm by the way. I love run so fast. Would allow all the overchargers to shoot enemies continuously without ever being knocked down.

You can BMG but you can't BMG AFK.

Squint_421
08-30-2016, 10:23 AM
I like the difficulty scaling....... Takes strategy to stay alive now. Heres a tip...... Don't go in the middle of the final cause its a "killbox"......Stay on the outside of the red ring & fire into it........ Stay on the move & use your expo loadouts........ BMGs & Infs won't work btw lol I've run 200-6keg toons np this way.

IGN Rukia Lynx
PSN Squint421
NA region
100% Trophy completion (DLC too)
1965 pursuit rating XD
6k the hard way

Grandpa Ace
08-30-2016, 10:25 AM
Similar conversation when they moved the scaling up...See comments @

http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?247540-at-least-two-downtimes-during-event.../page3

OneBadClown
08-30-2016, 10:31 AM
I do know this the ,mjrs near happy pow you literally get run out
of the map.Blacklungs standing half way down the road and I'm not
talkin one either. I dont know what the bmg attraction is I'd rather
use an infector. My 2nd toon has virtually no affect most of the time
I used a mass cannon on just a smelter empty clip twice and just kept
coming hardly any damage

Grandpa Ace
08-30-2016, 10:33 AM
I try to stay on the outside too. Primarily use my UD & SA--but what gets me is how the Inquisitor's can shoot shots that curve better than a professional baseball player and take you out with 1 or 2 shots & you are using an EXL shield and a decent defensive rig. Then shoot at a Crusader, only to have his shields refill while you are reloading...give me a break!!!

Hexthat
08-30-2016, 10:36 AM
Have you guys tried Cupid's Arrow on them? that thing is like crazy good now days, used mine i got for 600k back in the day, it's like Kaboom, Kaboom, Kaboom, Kaboom, Kaboom.... "OMG look at the chunk of health i just took off"

Ryan Anthony
08-30-2016, 10:37 AM
Personally, I like the new grenade launcher... fully modded, you can just empty your whole magazine in the general area of an Inquisitor while moving around for massive points. But I agree that something about the BMG needs to be changed. It's practically impossible for someone with an unmodded PS3 to see anything when all players' BMG links are sucking up system resources.

No one sees anything=no one sees you=no revive in either direction=harder AF.

Trion really needs to make it so a player can only see their own BMG.

Mr B
08-30-2016, 10:44 AM
Have you guys tried Cupid's Arrow on them? that thing is like crazy good now days, used mine i got for 600k back in the day, it's like Kaboom, Kaboom, Kaboom, Kaboom, Kaboom.... "OMG look at the chunk of health i just took off"

Wait.

Whaaaaaat?
Ok,i get it, you're trolling right?

Hexthat
08-30-2016, 10:44 AM
Wait.

Whaaaaaat?
Ok,i get it you're trolling right?

for reals i think guided rl got a huge buff

Cobra Crusher
08-30-2016, 10:46 AM
On xbox NA there are so many people at arkfalls all the enemies die quick and the worst you get is an inquistor smacking you but that doesn't do much damage.

Mr B
for reals i think guided rl got a huge buff

Hey, as long as you're having fun :)

DEATHBRINGER210

lol the get arggo from all the spikes

DEATHBRINGER210
08-30-2016, 10:48 AM
the infectors bug damage isnt scaling up again. just like the broken hatchlings

Johnny Stranger
08-30-2016, 10:52 AM
You boys need to man up ... Few black lungs , some big 4 legged creatures .... Get your damn bio / rad /fire hp , st , purge weapons armed and ready and shoot the buggers where it hurts , in da head !!!

Ps , my bmg for the most part has been put to rest :)

r1p
08-30-2016, 11:13 AM
lol the get arggo from all the spikes

Lol, speaking of spikes that reminds me...

The other day I was at a major south of the Fork and after it ended you could see at least 40-50 spikes in the middle of the field all with 8-10 meters of each other. I couldn't believe that the server didn't crash.

Trogathorna
08-30-2016, 11:21 AM
I like the difficulty scaling....... Takes strategy to stay alive now. Heres a tip...... Don't go in the middle of the final cause its a "killbox"......Stay on the outside of the red ring & fire into it........ Stay on the move & use your expo loadouts........ BMGs & Infs won't work btw lol I've run 200-6keg toons np this way.

IGN Rukia Lynx
PSN Squint421
NA region
100% Trophy completion (DLC too)
1965 pursuit rating XD
6k the hard way

Exactly what i do. I do tend to stay in the center during the first half tho...but as soon as Inquisitors drop i cloak and head for higher ground or find some kind of cover to fire from.

clay marrow
08-30-2016, 11:55 AM
theissue may have not been that the 99 afs were too weak. it was so many people doing them at first and the call to buff them (im guilty as well). Now with fewer players grinding these events they are still buffed without what i believe is the core issue being addressed .. Oportunist points....
Ive noticed these are not working the way i think they normally do. So instead of only increasing the damage these enemies take scoring on the enemies should have been increased as well..

Bigger score higher payouts happier players