PDA

View Full Version : Returning player seeking advice

Cathulhu
08-30-2016, 10:37 AM
So, after a few years of absence, i decided to give the game another run.
I'm gonna start with a new character.

What is a good PvE oriented build? I'm looking for something reliable that can take a punch. Doesn't have to be flashy. I know it's vague. Back when i was first playing, i was playing with Overload. Is that still viable? I stopped when the castithan DLC was released.
By the way, i did buy the Season Pass. So any stuff in it is available to me. And i have absolutely zero interest in PvP.

Fallen_Aingeal
08-30-2016, 10:42 AM
Think you mean Overcharge. Overload is a perk that allows you to reload faster while overcharge is active...

If you did, indeed, mean overcharge then the answer is yes. I use overcharge on my pve loadouts.

Go for it, and welcome back!

Cobra Crusher
08-30-2016, 10:59 AM
Save up about 300 million scrip then you will be ready to buy a gun lol.

Spike Chaos
08-30-2016, 11:07 AM
Why start with a new character? If you have good weapons on your old character they could possibly be really old prepatch weapons that can possibly go for a lot...you're going to need a lot of scrip if you want a good gun especially if you're on the Xbox NA Servers...

Bentu
08-30-2016, 03:22 PM
If you're stating a fresh toon I'd go with overcharge and get bio rad/fire ars/smg/lmg weapons.
Enemies now have armour plates that need breaking down with bio and rad or fire weapons will deal more dmg.
Should you go with your existing character don't sell up your inventory too quickly as you could have some little gems there that will fetch a pretty good price especially if they are mastered with self revive refresh roles.
If you do have these weapons do a price check on your respective systems need want forums.

WhiteStrike
08-30-2016, 03:35 PM

What is a good PvE oriented build? I'm looking for something reliable that can take a punch. Doesn't have to be flashy. I know it's vague. Back when i was first playing, i was playing with Overload. Is that still viable? I stopped when the castithan DLC was released.
By the way, i did buy the Season Pass. So any stuff in it is available to me. And i have absolutely zero interest in PvP.

Overcharge is still the best EGO power for general PvE. A Rhino or Ironclad shield can take quite a few hits. However, they have low sustainability once they're depleted. Luckily, this flaw can be bypassed by using Syphon weapons / Lifesteal synergies.
Threat levels are a thing now so your EGO level is much more important.
Visceras no longer follow people for 2 hours.

Johnny Gatt
08-31-2016, 03:11 AM
Welcome back.
I agree with the other posts. I also run overcharge in pve.
To expand on threat levels, your toon ego is important. Your weapons also now have ego levels. It is critical that you maintain them at your toon's ego so they are effective when scaled at high threat levels. For that reason, keeping blues and purples will make it easier to maintain inventory given the limited arkforge being gained lately. Oj and supreme guns can be acquired later once your toon is at a higher ego.

And yes... the volge are a bunch of wimps now.

Logain
08-31-2016, 04:37 AM
Welcome back. I recommend reading this on DD as it will help: http://www.defiancedata.com/returning

ColapsN7
08-31-2016, 05:03 AM
Welcome back. I recommend reading this on DD as it will help: http://www.defiancedata.com/returning

For All The Newbies. how to play this game ( Read the instructions to the game "Defiance") here (defiancedata.com) there are all described in detail.
Good luck :)

...N7 .

PithHelmetIrath
08-31-2016, 05:12 AM
And i have absolutely zero interest in PvP.

Sounds like something I would say.. as far as Defiance goes.

Bentu
08-31-2016, 05:15 AM
Another source of information are the links in this thread from the sticky at the top of the General discussion forum.

http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?113026-Great-List-of-Forum-Game-Guides

Sevrin
08-31-2016, 06:20 AM

Welcome back. One change that may not be obvious is that you can now level to the ego cap by only gaining XP without doing the pursuits. It is not the best way to enjoy what this game has to offer but it is an option. Another is that decoy has changed and doesn't behave the way it used to. I find the new decoy much less useful, but whatever. Also if you are starting a new toon, I wouldn't worry too much about equipment or loadout -- just use what the game gives you and you will be fine. But you probably already know that.