PDA

View Full Version : When did they stop giving named's when u finish a holiday event weekly?

Hi Im Factor
08-30-2016, 02:33 PM
Finished the contract and all I got was a purp and 20 forge :(

WhiteStrike
08-30-2016, 02:37 PM
Finished the contract and all I got was a purp and 20 forge :(
A year ago.

nick145
08-30-2016, 02:49 PM
A year ago.

You sure it was only a year? It seems like longer for some reason.

FallenFireLucio
08-30-2016, 02:58 PM
If my memory is correct, the last event with jps from weeklies was the Heartbreaker CC.

Bentu
08-30-2016, 03:06 PM
I don't suppose it counts but the Armistice DF rep box worked out to be a weekly sort of.

keptman
08-30-2016, 07:44 PM
I don't suppose it counts but the Armistice DF rep box worked out to be a weekly sort of.

I'd say it counts I got 32 jp's with four toons. A third of which were pistol doubles. All non trade but I wouldn't sell anyway.

With the way the weekly boxes are set like you were buying a bit box. The RNG sucks so bad the last event I would of spent over 40$ and not gotten a single oj from then. Part of the reason I don't but bit boxes. My RNG sucks in this game.

nick145
08-30-2016, 09:35 PM
If my memory is correct, the last event with jps from weeklies was the Heartbreaker CC.

That's what I thought, which I guess from a certain perspective is only a year but I prefer to be a bit more technical than that. 1.5yrs+...

PithHelmetIrath
08-31-2016, 05:22 AM
My RNG sucks in this game.

Take comfort in the fact that you're not the only player in-game saddled with crappy RNG..

Johnny Gatt
08-31-2016, 05:37 AM
Based on the drops I get from the weekly reward on 6 toons I am hesitant to spend $$ on bit boxes.
RnGesus does not smile upon me.
I am a video gamer not a video gambler.

Bentu
08-31-2016, 05:50 AM
Based on the drops I get from the weekly reward on 6 toons I am hesitant to spend $$ on bit boxes.
RnGesus does not smile upon me.
I am a video gamer not a video gambler.

Same here, I did buy some boxes from recent events but the drop rate was just the same as in game as in rubbish so I've stopped again.
For a game that has clearly gone pay to win it's very similar to BetFred.

Sevrin
08-31-2016, 06:00 AM
The weekly reward has become mostly useless. I don't understand these kinds of changes that basically are aimed at reducing the quality of the player experience -- including this one and nerfing the AF rewards at event majors. These kinds of changes don't make sense to me and I am betting that the player retention numbers are reflecting these bad decisions on the part of the developers. I for one have almost no interest in this event. Last night, I spent my game time in expos and made more AF in an hour than I previously made in six hours grinding event majors. So sad. I hope you all are listening.

Ryu Soba JP
09-01-2016, 01:38 PM
Ugh I wouldn't even mention player retention. Lots of reasons players leave and I can almost certainly say it's not because of next gen consoles or other games. When I started playing the game in 2014 a lot more Arkforge was dropping from arkfalls and incursions. Then it was nerfed. People left. Multiple bonus rolls were a thing then in Feb. of 2015 that was changed. People left.
Bugs that are not being fixed. Stability, hard locks (ps3), pay to win, broken promises, pvp changes, staff changes, things that don't need changed being changed..... All reasons why people left. Lately, Defiance has had multiple events and I am almost sure it's for 2 reasons. A: Player retention between events B: Rake in as much $$ in bit store sales before the servers for console go offline (which is rumored to be end of year). There is no real challenge in the open world and expos are mostly pay to play.

On topic: They stopped giving named because players were farming Jackpots. That's also why they made them untradable.
And now why they removed them completely and just give you a supply crate with a chance of a jp. Another two change why players left. Farming apparently is exploiting and RNG for Jackpots.

Johnny Gatt
09-01-2016, 01:48 PM
Ugh I wouldn't even mention player retention. Lots of reasons players leave and I can almost certainly say it's not because of next gen consoles or other games. When I started playing the game in 2014 a lot more Arkforge was dropping from arkfalls and incursions. Then it was nerfed. People left. Multiple bonus rolls were a thing then in Feb. of 2015 that was changed. People left.
Bugs that are not being fixed. Stability, hard locks (ps3), pay to win, broken promises, pvp changes, staff changes, things that don't need changed being changed..... All reasons why people left. Lately, Defiance has had multiple events and I am almost sure it's for 2 reasons. A: Player retention between events B: Rake in as much $$ in bit store sales before the servers for console go offline (which is rumored to be end of year). There is no real challenge in the open world and expos are mostly pay to play.

On topic: They stopped giving named because players were farming Jackpots. That's also why they made them untradable.
And now why they removed them completely and just give you a supply crate with a chance of a jp. Another two change why players left. Farming apparently is exploiting and RNG for Jackpots.

This also backfires on them another way. Players see the horrible rewards from that weekly box and are hesitant to buy the boxes with bits. Who wants to spend money on a lot of persistent thrusters, strain reloaders, guerilla buttstocks, power retention chokes, munitions interchangers, and perimeter overthrusters ??

Sevrin
09-01-2016, 02:06 PM
Making the weekly JPs non-tradable should have been sufficient to stop any exploiting. I can't even fathom the reason for the current weekly reward system. Regardless of the reason, there really is no incentive anymore to take part in the events. This one had good potential with the syn and listed JPs but the drop rate and AF reward rate and the crate rewards are so measly that none are having fun. The events have turned into just a boring grind -- for what? I don't even know for what. I know I am not alone in this thinking.

missmar
09-01-2016, 03:12 PM
Rake in as much $$ in bit store sales before the servers for console go offline (which is rumored to be end of year).

They addressed this rumor in the Livestream. They said they have no intention of shutting down Defiance for consoles, and that if that happened, it would be the choice of Microsoft/Sony, not their's.

Ea Rapture
09-01-2016, 03:34 PM
They addressed this rumor in the Livestream. They said they have no intention of shutting down Defiance for consoles, and that if that happened, it would be the choice of Microsoft/Sony, not their's.

They also said that the Piper Shields were working as intended, but we all know how that worked out.

reciprocate
09-01-2016, 07:34 PM
Making the weekly JPs non-tradable should have been sufficient to stop any exploiting. I can't even fathom the reason for the current weekly reward system. Regardless of the reason, there really is no incentive anymore to take part in the events. This one had good potential with the syn and listed JPs but the drop rate and AF reward rate and the crate rewards are so measly that none are having fun. The events have turned into just a boring grind -- for what? I don't even know for what. I know I am not alone in this thinking.

Agree 100%. It would be great if people can get or earn jackpots that only they can use for their own account thru the weekly. But it'd never happen. We know that Trion wants us to waste our $ for a small chance of getting said jackpot. Or a fraction of a percent via RNG in hopes of even seeing one drop.

The last time I actually got a named jackpot was over a year ago, and it was Heartseeker sniper rifle. If I recall that came literally on the last MAF I did during Heartbreaker event too and not a weekly box. The weapon itself was pretty underwhelming, so that deflated the hype of one of the only JPs I ever got playing this game.

Right now, dev's priorities is to crank out an event no matter how bugged it is while at the same time putting out the event supply crates so people buy them. There are other F2P games whether with RPG elements, or shooter elements that don't necessary try to gouge their playerbase out of their money each and every event. Too bad this isn't one of them, look how many bugs go through for how long. Despite all the seemingly positive changes they had (Loyalty Vendor, tiny chance of getting event jackpot item off Elite Lockboxes), the truth is unavoidable. They seek profit over everything else, and they are a business which is understandable, but shouldn't be their only focus.