PDA

View Full Version : Old syphon vs. New syphon

nick145
09-02-2016, 08:35 AM
Ok so I'd like to hear your guys thoughts on the new syphon update. After a discussion with destro I feel it's a rebalancing update including a nerf to the life steal and a buff to the damage.

Destro claims that syphon never had a constant life steal effect. Now I'm no expert on the game, I will never claim to be, but I remember constantly refilling my health and shields with any syphon weapon and getting a boost to my life steal when the visual/sound effect occurred indicating the nano had proced.

So it sounds like a ninja nerf that is being covered up by a damage buff. I personally can't wait for it to go live so I can test it out to see if the nano is better or worse than it was.

I'd like to hear your thoughts on the matter. If necessary I can quote destros pm where he said this, but I prefer to keep private messages private.

Rarnok
09-02-2016, 08:59 AM
Ok so I'd like to hear your guys thoughts on the new syphon update. After a discussion with destro I feel it's a rebalancing update including a nerf to the life steal and a buff to the damage.

Destro claims that syphon never had a constant life steal effect. Now I'm no expert on the game, I will never claim to be, but I remember constantly refilling my health and shields with any syphon weapon and getting a boost to my life steal when the visual/sound effect occurred indicating the nano had proced.

So it sounds like a ninja nerf that is being covered up by a damage buff. I personally can't wait for it to go live so I can test it out to see if the nano is better or worse than it was.

I'd like to hear your thoughts on the matter. If necessary I can quote destros pm where he said this, but I prefer to keep private messages private.

The constant life (10%) and shield steal(5%) that syphon has had will remain untouched. If there was some misunderstanding on this point, I apologize. Every part of the original syphon will still be present in the new version. It will have the shield/life steal values it always had; It will have the proc burst of damage/healing that it has always had; It will now have an additional damage/heal over time effect that also provides anyone damaging the target with Armor Pen(5%)/Plate Damage(15%)/Health Damage(15%)/Shield Damage(15%). Overall, it is a massive boon to syphon, especially when playing with groups of players using various nanos.

Destromathe
09-02-2016, 09:00 AM
Hey Nick,

This was a misunderstanding on my part in our PM conversation. I apologize for any confusion, but what Rarnok states is 100% accurate.

nick145
09-02-2016, 09:05 AM
Hey Nick,

This was a misunderstanding on my part in our PM conversation. I apologize for any confusion, but what Rarnok states is 100% accurate.

Ahh ok. Thanks for clarifying that guys. I appreciate it. I am still looking forward to testing out this update to what has always been my favorite nano. It reminds me of the syphon glory days... Ahh I remember going around to arkfalls with two syphon x3 mag saws with preparedness and my favorite purple roll. Good times, good times.

Destromathe
09-02-2016, 09:08 AM
No problem Nick, I hope you enjoy it. Word of warning though, please change your member picture.

DEATHBRINGER210
09-02-2016, 09:26 AM
has it been tested in pvp?

Johnny Gatt
09-02-2016, 09:29 AM
I cannot wait for this to go live. Syphon is still my favorite nano. Unlike a lot of players, I held onto all of my syphon toys. I look forward to dusting them off and having fun with them again.

I remember the glory days of syphon well. There were times I could not equip a few weapons or I would get spammed with trade invites.

nick145
09-02-2016, 09:29 AM
No problem Nick, I hope you enjoy it. Word of warning though, please change your member picture.

Oops I uploaded the wrong one. I have an edited one. My bad. Thanks for the heads up.

nick145
09-02-2016, 09:32 AM

I know old syphon was great in PvP. I can't wait to hit zero with my syphon nezumi once it goes live again or my sumi... Oh my goodness my 2x dmg 2x crit syphon sumi is going to shred people. -gigles insanely-

nick145
09-02-2016, 09:34 AM
I cannot wait for this to go live. Syphon is still my favorite nano. Unlike a lot of players, I held onto all of my syphon toys. I look forward to dusting them off and having fun with them again.

I remember the glory days of syphon well. There were times I could not equip a few weapons or I would get spammed with trade invites.

Me and you both. I imagine it will be similar with my misanthrope like it was back in the day. I can't wait to tell all those low ballers no.

Fallen_Aingeal
09-02-2016, 09:41 AM
Looks like my syphon CE BR will have relevance again. Stoked about this!

Farron
09-02-2016, 09:54 AM
Time to bring all my Syphon PS Weapons back into the mix.

Also, with the numbers indicated by Rarnok on old syphon, I understand completely why the Shield Steal felt so low. 5% of 4k is 200hp. Lol.

Finally some numbers to accommodate my concerns.

Ronin9572
09-02-2016, 10:28 AM
I am so glad to hear about this! I've always enjoyed syphon, and now even more so. Thanks for the great news. Hope this don't get nerf ed cause some of us liked and kept our gear. All the gear I did keep might be more relevant and easier to sell...

Sevrin
09-02-2016, 11:25 AM
This is good news. Any idea when this will come to live?

nick145
09-02-2016, 11:44 AM
This is good news. Any idea when this will come to live?

not sure. i believe it went to pts on the 31st so hopefully after a few weeks of proper testing. we'll see.

Mr Devlin
09-02-2016, 12:01 PM
I have played with some on the test server, but not in PVP yet (need a few more people for that.). So far it looks very good!

nick145
09-02-2016, 12:14 PM
I have played with some on the test server, but not in PVP yet (need a few more people for that.). So far it looks very good!

AWESOME! thanks for the update devlin.

DEATHBRINGER210
09-02-2016, 12:17 PM

pvp testing before it goes live. or its just going to get nerfed to dust again.

nick145
09-02-2016, 12:23 PM
pvp testing before it goes live. or its just going to get nerfed to dust again.

at this point everything seems to get nerfed. i view it as inevitable at this point. i cant wait for the nerf threads to start. i have more dbz abridged memes for certain individuals i have kept in reserve.

Johnny Gatt
09-02-2016, 02:01 PM
My syphon assassin Mazu used to rain terror down on my enemies in pvp. After nearly 3 years I may have to jump back into pvp.

nick145
09-02-2016, 02:06 PM
My syphon assassin Mazu used to rain terror down on my enemies in pvp. After nearly 3 years I may have to jump back into pvp.

if you hop on your 360 na character hit me up. im love rolling with fellow syphon lovers. oooh. someone needs to alert CrackerLV and Kristovo. two of the biggest syphon lovers i know besides myself on xbox 360 NA.

Johnny Gatt
09-02-2016, 02:09 PM
if you hop on your 360 na character hit me up. im love rolling with fellow syphon lovers. oooh. someone needs to alert CrackerLV and Kristovo. two of the biggest syphon lovers i know besides myself on xbox 360 NA.

My main toon on xbox is Howie Felt ( I am on right now as a matter of fact )

I know Kristovo... he is aware of the new change.

nick145
09-02-2016, 02:11 PM
My main toon on xbox is Howie Felt ( I am on right now as a matter of fact )

I know Kristovo... he is aware of the new change.

good. tell him nick will be online sunday with live and new controller backs. im going to have to redownload/patch but ya. i want to say the three of us have been in party together but i could be wrong.

Bentu
09-02-2016, 03:01 PM
Kind of makes you glad you kept hold of those old nuggets.

Johnny Gatt
09-02-2016, 03:31 PM
good. tell him nick will be online sunday with live and new controller backs. im going to have to redownload/patch but ya. i want to say the three of us have been in party together but i could be wrong.

I sent you friend request.
We have played together I am sure.

Johnny Gatt
09-02-2016, 03:37 PM
Kind of makes you glad you kept hold of those old nuggets.

When ark tech revolution dropped, most of my inventory of ojs became useless due to ego scaling. I got rid of a lot, but not a single syphon weapon was vendored. I have slowly brought them all up to 6k in the past 2 years with spare arkforge hoping the day would come when they could shine once more. It looks like that day is coming soon.

David Irwin
09-02-2016, 04:55 PM
i can not wait to see the results of this update as well, syphon seems to be the nano that drops for me most often, hopefully i will be able to find more or new uses for these weapons.

Bentu
09-02-2016, 05:55 PM
When ark tech revolution dropped, most of my inventory of ojs became useless due to ego scaling. I got rid of a lot, but not a single syphon weapon was vendored. I have slowly brought them all up to 6k in the past 2 years with spare arkforge hoping the day would come when they could shine once more. It looks like that day is coming soon.

I've not kept anything really old as at the time I didn't have a lot of storage but I think I've got a couple of nice things.

One's a BR 2x crit with oj dmg and mastered for recoil, thought about making the mastery crit but I'll see how it handles after the update.

r1p
09-02-2016, 07:08 PM

I used my Loyalty points today on a Corporate Espionage crate hoping to get an AR or SMG and against all odds I pulled an epic syphon Firewall VBI AR with good rolls. I honestly couldn't believe it because the odds of getting an AR with any nano and Firewall had to be astronomical given how I believe the loot tables are set up. I can't wait to upgrade it.

Spike Chaos
09-02-2016, 10:36 PM
Nice! I just pulled a purple Firewall FRC Big Boomer from that crate a couple of days ago.

nick145
09-02-2016, 11:54 PM
I used my Loyalty points today on a Corporate Espionage crate hoping to get an AR or SMG and against all odds I pulled an epic syphon Firewall VBI AR with good rolls. I honestly couldn't believe it because the odds of getting an AR with any nano and Firewall had to be astronomical given how I believe the loot tables are set up. I can't wait to upgrade it.

Beautiful pull. I'll be online sunday and I'll be sure to accept. Tomorrow I'll be a bit busy and I still won't have backs for my controllers. I haven't vendored a whole lot, however I gave away and sold a lot of syphon gear before I quit this last time. I kept my favorites though. I think i still have my partially t5d proliforator and my misanthrope, as well as the aforementioned sumi and nezumi. I'd have to look and see what else i have. I think i might still have a sovereign ar with syphon too. My collection dwindled a lot in my last two months of defiance. I look forward to the update but I have no plans on sticking around for too long.

Johnny Gatt
09-03-2016, 04:15 AM

Nice pull. I would have been pleased to get that as well. I have cores if you need help t5 modding it.

Hexthat
09-03-2016, 10:10 AM
i have 27 oj syphone weapons and 4 JP syphones.... I'll know if it is better or not

Johnny Gatt
09-03-2016, 10:12 AM
i have 27 oj syphone weapons and 4 JP syphones.... I'll know if it is better or not

That's it???

nick145
09-03-2016, 01:16 PM

That's it???

If I hadn't sold off a majority of my inventory I'd be at at least 3 times that many ojs and premes, probably the same number of jackpots if not one or two higher. But I'm in the same boat now hex. I think you're still on my list. My backs for my controllers got here a day early. Patching in now. Be playing when I'm 50. Lol.

r1p
09-03-2016, 01:43 PM
Nice pull. I would have been pleased to get that as well. I have cores if you need help t5 modding it.

Thanks. I upgraded it and got crit so I have to say I'm pretty happy.

Crack
09-03-2016, 08:39 PM

And people laugh at my hoarding...I never sold/traded any of my syphon gear. Guess the syphon pl8 blast rifle will take back its rightful place in a primary loadout. woot!

I have soooo much syphon gear...even kept my syphon Bloodhound (3x dmg). lol

Wonder how my og syphon Clustershot will do. :cool:

Crack
09-03-2016, 08:43 PM
Oh, I forgot I have a firewall syphon VBI AR as well...muah ah ah

nick145
09-04-2016, 02:22 AM
Just because I have an entire character filled with epic syphon gear to be built does not make me a hoarder... You can't prove anything! Lol. Btw cracker hit me up tomorrow. I just traded for an amazing pl8 natural syphon vbi SMG. It's not for sale but I know you'll appreciate it.

Johnny Gatt
09-04-2016, 01:17 PM
Going thru inventory.... found x3 dmg syphon Crimefighter I forgot I had.

nick145
09-04-2016, 03:06 PM
Going thru inventory.... found x3 dmg syphon Crimefighter I forgot I had.

Ya I have one of those too. Trolling observatory is going to be even more fun!

xXxDSMer
09-06-2016, 05:16 AM
Kinda funny the number of people in this thread talking about dusting off their old syphon gear when I've been using syphon all along lol. Even in pvp.

Which makes me rather curious about this bit:

The constant life (10%) and shield steal(5%) that syphon has had will remain untouched.

Are those percentages for without DLC5 perk?
If so, then I think bloodsucker might need fixed - because I've extensively tested syphon ingame with a 5000 capacity rhino (intentionally LOW ego for better accuracy on figuring syphon's effect on non-proc shots), and I remember the result being 10% with that dlc5 perk. If syphon's supposed to be 5% "shield steal" without DLC5, then the DLC5 bloodsucker perk is missing a % on its effect.

Lordofbattle
09-14-2016, 05:41 AM
With the update will Syphon weapons still do -20% base damage while other nano weapons do -10%; or has that been addressed in a previous patch?

Johnny Gatt
09-14-2016, 07:43 AM
With the update will Syphon weapons still do -20% base damage while other nano weapons do -10%; or has that been addressed in a previous patch?

It used to be 25% reduced dmg compared to other nanos. A while back they patched it and reduced penalty by 10%.
The buff is going to increase dmg when nano procs. The card dmg will not change.

KILLSHOT707
09-15-2016, 08:35 AM

No one really plays on PTS. So there is no pvp on pts. There has to a a pts pvp event for that to happen. If you don't like it, help on on pts...

DEATHBRINGER210
09-15-2016, 08:51 AM
No one really plays on PTS. So there is no pvp on pts. There has to a a pts pvp event for that to happen. If you don't like it, help on on pts...

no wonder things make it live. and players get mad when they get a fix or nerf to syns and gear. yall dont be upset if syphon gets nerfed backed down to dust . because of not testing it pve or pvp. a yes we as community dont like things making live . only to get a" fix" because it slipped thru testing. i.e the purgatory .

xXxDSMer
09-16-2016, 11:53 PM

For more than a year syphon's only been -10% dmg, same as rad bio fire and electric.

Bloodbath82
09-18-2016, 12:48 AM
We all know why all these nerfs happen.......its real simple.........pts is the only testing done which is PC ........which is incompatible with Xbox or PS
So these never recieve a test which is why i say this game never left beta. They live test on the main server which is horrid and a very poor development practice and ill prolly get banned for saying this since i got a warning for speaking the truth before