PDA

View Full Version : So... undo inquisitors buff?

Kuroro
09-02-2016, 12:19 PM
The fundament to make them hardest was because of keycodes and arkforge,the rewards are the same and it is very difficult to complete a major arkfalls at some hours, morning for example, when there is not so much people online.Also,the low amount of arkforge and keycodes rewarded are making the people go afk until the major arkfalls end (including myself sometimes,I wont deny it) without helping while a few poor souls are fighting the inquisitors,inquisitors that 1 shot people and make them discconect because of the bad server stability.

In conclusion,the changes have been in vain,only becoming a problem.

PithHelmetIrath
09-02-2016, 12:26 PM
The confusion is real..

DEATHBRINGER210
09-02-2016, 12:27 PM
i like the buff. they need to buff all the event majors. blackout, new frontier .

Ronin9572
09-02-2016, 12:38 PM
I like the buff, but please more AF and keys. It was quite an adventure trying to do the event pursuit with my 500+ ego toon. When it came to the final I had to snipe from a distant. But that was good for the sniper levels.

Kuroro
09-02-2016, 12:42 PM
I like the buff, but please more AF and keys

There is the contradiction,because the buff was suposed to increase the arkforge and keycodes rewarded.I like the inquisitors being that badass,but that is in vain if people goes afk and other disconnect due to it and the reward is 8-11 keycodes being at first place for a major that takes 40 minutes to complete it

Ronin9572
09-02-2016, 12:59 PM
There is the contradiction,because the buff was suposed to increase the arkforge and keycodes rewarded.I like the inquisitors being that badass,but that is in vain if people goes afk and other disconnect due to it and the reward is 8-11 keycodes being at first place for a major that takes 40 minutes to complete it

I understand what your saying. But it's tough to score high enough when your on the ground invisible. I know I need to try harder...

Johnny Stranger
09-02-2016, 01:09 PM
I like the buff, but please more AF and keys. It was quite an adventure trying to do the event pursuit with my 500+ ego toon. When it came to the final I had to snipe from a distant. But that was good for the sniper levels.

I've raised semi and ba snipers from 3 to 12 on my 2 3k ish toons as well

Ronin9572
09-02-2016, 01:19 PM
I've raised semi and ba snipers from 3 to 12 on my 2 3k ish toons as well

Just pick and choose your targets, some of them have quite the range...lol

Bentu
09-02-2016, 01:22 PM
Too many low ego or un educated hi ego's on at those times, that's why you're having difficulty.

Kuroro
09-02-2016, 01:41 PM
Too many low ego or un educated hi ego's on at those times, that's why you're having difficulty.

Dont get me wrong,I have not problems to complete those majors,I can end at the top of the scoreboard without dying.But still,it takes a lot of time because the 90% of players are being 1 shotted by inquisitors,I can handle up to 4 shots before of dying.
The problem is the reward,the buff was suposed to increase and it did not.What is the point of the majors taking half hour more of time than before to complete them for the same amount of rewards? the intent of increase rewards has failed,so there is no point to keep the buff on inquisitors

Johnny Gatt
09-02-2016, 01:54 PM
The buff was added to prevent the arkfalls from ending too quickly so people had time to arrive at final. Before buff inquisitors were dead before they hit the ground. The major was over in a couple of minutes.
I do not recall the devs saying the intent was to add more forge.

I like the buff for one reason. These bad boys can one-shot my 6k toons. Not much out there in the game world beyond high tier expos that can do that.

The majors can drag on I admit during certain times. It is mainly due to heavy hitters offline during those time periods, leaving a high population of players using bmgs and noob cannons. This is just added fun for me as I like to stop firing thus causing a bmg mass extinction.

Kuroro
09-02-2016, 02:00 PM
I would have to search the thread but I remember people saying they were not getting arkforge or keycodes and destromate said he was working on something to make them last longer

DEATHBRINGER210
09-02-2016, 02:07 PM
Dont get me wrong,I have not problems to complete those majors,I can end at the top of the scoreboard without dying.But still,it takes a lot of time because the 90% of players are being 1 shotted by inquisitors,I can handle up to 4 shots before of dying.
The problem is the reward,the buff was suposed to increase and it did not.What is the point of the majors taking half hour more of time than before to complete them for the same amount of rewards? the intent of increase rewards has failed,so there is no point to keep the buff on inquisitors

how you take four shots from a inquisitors?

Kuroro
09-02-2016, 02:10 PM
how you take four shots from a inquisitors?

6 armor plates

DEATHBRINGER210
09-02-2016, 02:25 PM
6 armor plates

that dont help in expos .

The Lady
09-02-2016, 08:41 PM
that dont help in expos .

Your forgetting who your talking too.

Quicksilver1492
09-03-2016, 01:12 AM
Your forgetting who your talking too.

The Savior of Defiance, as Kon would say.

Sir Oliver
09-03-2016, 01:42 AM
The Savior of Defiance, as Kon would say.

And also the best player in all of defiance.

WhiteStrike
09-03-2016, 04:29 AM
Black Cat + Brawler Stim can take care of them pretty easily.

Smokey Black
09-03-2016, 04:45 AM
At first I hated the buff, but it's pretty fun with the right weapons. High critical lifesteal guns get the job done. I used to think viscera were the toughest enemy but I will be having nightmares about jumping inquisitors for some time. Also killing everything twice is no joke.

Mrdr
09-03-2016, 10:22 AM
The buff was added to prevent the arkfalls from ending too quickly so people had time to arrive at final. Before buff inquisitors were dead before they hit the ground. The major was over in a couple of minutes.
I do not recall the devs saying the intent was to add more forge.

I like the buff for one reason. These bad boys can one-shot my 6k toons. Not much out there in the game world beyond high tier expos that can do that.

The majors can drag on I admit during certain times. It is mainly due to heavy hitters offline during those time periods, leaving a high population of players using bmgs and noob cannons. This is just added fun for me as I like to stop firing thus causing a bmg mass extinction.

Exactly...buff does not equal giving players more arkforge. Buff means making something stronger...and they did. Increasing payout equals giving more arkforge, etc.

I love going after the inquisitors. Hit them with bio to shred plates then follow up with rad (to the face for the crits) to allow everyone else shooting at them to do more damage. I can drop one by myself with no one else firing at it without too much trouble...just takes a bit more time but not overly difficult. Just keep moving while firing and watch for the little guys hitting you from other angles. If he jumps your way you gotta haul ***. You'll get knocked down but you may not die depending on if you moved fast enough.

Hexthat
09-03-2016, 10:48 AM
I love going after the inquisitors. Hit them with bio to shred plates then follow up with rad (to the face for the crits) to allow everyone else shooting at them to do more damage. I can drop one by myself with no one else firing at it without too much trouble...just takes a bit more time but not overly difficult.

if your already taking off pl8s try fire crit builds for the inquisitor face.... way more dmg

Mrdr
09-03-2016, 11:11 AM
if your already taking off pl8s try fire crit builds for the inquisitor face.... way more dmg

True, but fire doesn't grant everyone else extra damage per shot. In a team environment, rad helps others and you can bypass 4 plates so you can start helping others do more dmg before the plates are completely gone.. If solo, fire rules the day once plates are gone.

Hexthat
09-03-2016, 11:51 AM
True, but fire doesn't grant everyone else extra damage per shot. In a team environment, rad helps others and you can bypass 4 plates so you can start helping others do more dmg before the plates are completely gone.. If solo, fire rules the day once plates are gone.

your taking off pl8s so that 4 plate bypass is useless, i can remove all pl8s on an inqu in less then 45sec

Mrdr
09-03-2016, 12:06 PM
your taking off pl8s so that 4 plate bypass is useless, i can remove all pl8s on an inqu in less then 45sec

With bio I usually strip all plates in seconds, so the plate bypass is useless for that yes. Difference though is that you can start the rad damage before the plates are stripped and the rad grants everyone else shooting extra damage per shot, which fire does not. Fire also doesn't bypass plates and takes longer to start doing damage to health unless the plates and shield are stripped.

I'm a big supporter of fire and bio loadouts, don't get me wrong, but in a team environment, I like granting others extra damage too. It depends really on the situation for me. Don't know why, but I like running bio and fire on hulkers, bio and rad on viscera and inquisitors. It's weird, but for some reason it's how I typically approach these enemies.

Crack
09-03-2016, 09:20 PM

Its not just those times...nothing makes me want to log off and go find something else to do more than dealing with a long drawn out fight with several deaths, only to see the top ten scorers being max ego mitches that did nothing more than go afk with the bmg healing. Why Trion has not changed that garbage lazy selfish (exploit tbh) play-style baffles us all. Ive muted entire clans because its a common practice for all of them...

Back on point though, I agree that the inquisitors dmg is way to strong. Nothing should be able to one shot kill me or any other e6k that running a good high cap shield in open world pve. And why increase the toughness in the first place? The subject that brought on the enemy buff was to point point out how low the scoring was and the lack of keys/af that was being rewarded...the buff resulted in LESS of said rewards! Who came up with THAT solution??? lmao

Kuroro
09-03-2016, 11:06 PM
The subject that brought on the enemy buff was to point point out how low the scoring was and the lack of keys/af that was being rewarded...the buff resulted in LESS of said rewards! Who came up with THAT solution??? lmao

^ that, destromate

Belle Starr
09-03-2016, 11:45 PM
Being mostly a PvEer and having three 6000 level characters and a fourth on the way (5800), I LIKE having a foe that can really challenge my 6000 level character! As to not enough ark forge, I tend not to worry about that anyway, because the rewards are not the main reason I play! As Homer said, "The journey is its own reward!" :)

Besides, its not like ALL the foes have been jacked up! If a skitterling comes up and kills my 6000 level character in one bite, then I'll get upset! :eek:

If you really like helping other players though like I do, play with a complete "firewall" synergy! Maybe I'm imagining it, but it REALLY does help other players in a firefight! Anyway, I like to think so because it makes me feel good! :D

http://24.media.tumblr.com/be5b04def70d38619a9991df5de00f34/tumblr_n0a524O3b71shqc7jo1_500.gif

Mrdr
09-04-2016, 05:27 AM
If you really like helping other players though like I do, play with a complete "firewall" synergy! Maybe I'm imagining it, but it REALLY does help other players in a firefight! Anyway, I like to think so because it makes me feel good! :D

I'd love to, but, I've never even seen firewall gear nevermind finding any to use (perhaps I'm just not doing something right...never stop learning, eh?). Also, as I'm not a beneficiary of trade or scrip glitching I sadly do not have the 100+ million it would cost to purchase 3 firewall items of any decent worth. I do not sell very often to people I don't know and I give away anything I have to friends and clanmates if they need something. I am not a merchant in this game, so I never have more than 2 million at any given time. Mods are selling for this much now for some reason.

Earning scrip in game is a joke. At one point in time prices were reasonable...it might have taken you awhile to amass a few million but it was possible. Now I see full on noobs selling 6k guns I could never get for tens of millions of scrip. How the hell are they getting so many 6k guns and able to get the scrip to buy them in the first place? I'm not talking about alt toons either...like people who know nothing about the game are swimming in scrip and jackpots.

upper
09-04-2016, 09:14 AM
A "buff" :confused: You mean a nerf right? Just like they nerfed the Bulwarks.

Now, if people were saying it was easy, finishes fast blah blah blah. Take 1 white weapon and head to +40 expedition maps. Do not make it even harder for the rest of us.

It might have been easy on your platform/server but not on others'.

#selfishness

Ronin9572
09-04-2016, 11:58 AM
I'd love to, but, I've never even seen firewall gear nevermind finding any to use (perhaps I'm just not doing something right...never stop learning, eh?). Also, as I'm not a beneficiary of trade or scrip glitching I sadly do not have the 100+ million it would cost to purchase 3 firewall items of any decent worth. I do not sell very often to people I don't know and I give away anything I have to friends and clanmates if they need something. I am not a merchant in this game, so I never have more than 2 million at any given time. Mods are selling for this much now for some reason.

Earning scrip in game is a joke. At one point in time prices were reasonable...it might have taken you awhile to amass a few million but it was possible. Now I see full on noobs selling 6k guns I could never get for tens of millions of scrip. How the hell are they getting so many 6k guns and able to get the scrip to buy them in the first place? I'm not talking about alt toons either...like people who know nothing about the game are swimming in scrip and jackpots.

Wow your reading my mind! Seriously though the 2nd part of this I feel exactly the same way. I have seen so many of these ppl as of late. Sure I only play an 1-3 hrs a day an I expect to be behind the curve. But this crap is getting ridiculous. The sad thing is I've had to take a "I dont really give a damn attitude" about the game to enjoy playing.

OneBadClown
09-04-2016, 12:16 PM
So what I'm hearing is 6k's need a challenge. So why not make an event
or major with just those requirements? My main toon is 5954 so yeah I
understand. My other toon is just 3100 and gets mugged. Seems most are
silly, especially when there there is a wall of Blacklungs standing down the
street near happy pow that event is crazy.