PDA

View Full Version : Masteries affect pricing

stewartlittle81
09-05-2016, 06:21 PM
So here is my gripe. So many people buy and sell on here regularly. And there are some that just plain rip people off regardless. But overcharging and expecting people to pay their price with a crap mastery? The mastery is as important as any roll on the gun. And if you have played any time at all you know what Masteries are good for each weapon type. Or if you have played long enough to charge 100m for a gun than you should know what mastery needs to be on said weapon. So if you're going to charge more than a gun is really worth. Put your big boy pants on and master it. Would you buy a car with 3 wheels? I think not

konstantinov
09-05-2016, 06:45 PM
So here is my gripe. So many people buy and sell on here regularly. And there are some that just plain rip people off regardless. But overcharging and expecting people to pay their price with a crap mastery? The mastery is as important as any roll on the gun. And if you have played any time at all you know what Masteries are good for each weapon type. Or if you have played long enough to charge 100m for a gun than you should know what mastery needs to be on said weapon. So if you're going to charge more than a gun is really worth. Put your big boy pants on and master it. Would you buy a car with 3 wheels? I think not

If you don't like their price then just don't buy it?

Greybush
09-05-2016, 06:47 PM
You're not obligated to buy something if you don't like the mastery, or the price for that matter. You could also take your own advice and "put on your big boy pants" and master it yourself. Thanks for calling Stew.

stewartlittle81
09-05-2016, 07:10 PM
Lol.. 1st of all I'm not buying anything..2nd I master everything I sell. No matter how hard it is or how much af it takes me. And I have never overpriced something and expected someone else to master it. So thanks for calling..lol. point is it's ridiculous to ask crazy prices and expect this

Greybush
09-05-2016, 07:29 PM
Lol.. 1st of all I'm not buying anything..2nd I master everything I sell. No matter how hard it is or how much af it takes me. And I have never overpriced something and expected someone else to master it. So thanks for calling..lol. point is it's ridiculous to ask crazy prices and expect this

Are you sure? Cause it sounds a whole lot like someone wanted to sell you a gun you wanted with a mastery you didn't like. Then ya got mad because they wouldn't come down on their price. I mean, that's what I'm hearing..."blah, blah, blah. You want me to master my own weapon? With my own arkforge?"

Quicksilver1492
09-05-2016, 08:46 PM
It's not like the Mastery is set in stone. If you don't like it, change it. You have the means. Or better yet, don't buy the weapon in the first place if it's not what you wanted. Some guns go for the same price whether they are mastered or not. If it is a weapon worth having, a good one, you won't mind spending the AF to get it just how you want it. It won't come out perfect every time.

stewartlittle81
09-05-2016, 08:50 PM
Who are you trying to argue with? Lol because it sounds to me like you have taken offense to this and must be guilty of it. I've bought and sold nearly every gun in this game at least twice over the last 3yrs. If you read, it's about ppl "IN GENERAL" who expect other people to pay out the --- and still have to master it correctly. You obviously either don't get the point or are just sore because you do this. It doesn't take much thought to realize a mastery is another roll on a weapon. It's like asking top dollar or more for a gun without mods. I also realize people reserve the right not to buy. My POINT is it should be considered in the price b4 you ask embarrassing prices. I'm done explaining..

Bentu
09-05-2016, 09:20 PM
There are players in this game charge an exorbitant amount of scrip for thier gear and there really is no need for it.

DEATHBRINGER210
09-06-2016, 02:09 AM
they make cars with 3 wheels , they get over 50 mpg

AXXA
09-06-2016, 05:08 AM
Why should I invest AF for a weapon that I want to sell anyway ? I would say if you dont like the mastery, its your problem...

Ryan Anthony
09-06-2016, 05:56 AM
I sold a longbore to a clanmate who knew full well if he didn't like the mastery he could change it.

You should figure that out.

Ronin9572
09-06-2016, 06:19 AM
Why should I invest AF for a weapon that I want to sell anyway ? I would say if you dont like the mastery, its your problem...

^Exactly this. If you need the person selling the item to you and change the mastery before, shouldn't they charge you more?

r1p
09-06-2016, 06:25 AM
Masteries are one of the main reasons that it is hard to set prices in this game because the cost is random and the value is subjective. So how much is the mastery worth compared to the cost of the gun as a whole? It's subjective because the cost is in the eye of the beholder. The buyer expects the cost to be a fixed amount of scrip based on what they believe it's worth and the seller wants it to be in line with how much AF it took them to master it properly.

Most people aren't going to go blind wasting AF on a gun that they plan on selling. They may try to re-master it once or twice but the bottom line is that a 100 mil gun costs that much because it is highly sought after and hard to obtain so most buyers don't care if it is properly mastered or not. It's just simple supply and demand - if a seller can't sell stuff for the price that they are looking for then they will lower the price but they aren't going to put more into it if they don't have to.

Spike Chaos
09-06-2016, 06:46 AM
I agree with r1p, there is no point on remastering a gun that you plan on selling. You might as well add 500k or so to your price everytime you remaster. Arkforge is too valuable to waste on guns you're going to sell. I usually give small discounts if the gun is not mastered properly, or better yet, I leave it unmastered. The buyer will pay as much as you want if he really wants the weapon and he will be willing to put arkforge in it, that shouldn't be the sellers job.

Skiller115
09-06-2016, 07:03 AM

Lol you master everything you sell? That's a complete waste of arkforge tbh all of that arkforge you could have used to make your weapons better waste to make someone else's guns better. If i get a gun with a perfect mastery I'm keeping it, but i must admit I don't sell guns I've invested arkforge into, scrip is worthless to me...

konstantinov
09-06-2016, 09:23 AM
So was this thread created with the only notion to get attention? This isn't 2013 where you're stuck with the mastery.

Fallen_Aingeal
09-06-2016, 11:11 AM
My question is, who's the arbiter on what a "correct" mastery is? I know that I have several guns that have a mastery that I aimed for, that may not be what someone else wants.

I don't understand the purpose of this topic.