PDA

View Full Version : Ps3 server issues!!! Any advice?

Ipavco90
09-06-2016, 06:56 AM
So I bought defiance a while back and have recently started playing and I really enjoy the game. I even bought all the DLCs and spent 50 bucks in the bit store too, but the server issues ive been having are just ruining the game for me. I just spent nearly 30 mins in an incursion and was scoring high and with less than a minute to go on the vaccine synthesizer incursion the server went down on me. So I missed out on all the rewards and the time was wasted. This is a recurring theme for me and I feel like I need to avoid all the major arkfall events and special events because this happens so frequently for me.
Now just so everyone knows I live in the eastern US with Verizon fiber optic internet, which is amazingly fast and reliable internet, 100 mbs down and up (more realisticly though I get 50-75mbs on my speed tests). I used to use the wifi with my ps3 but the servers would crash so often that I went to direct connection with my ethernet cable directly from my router to the ps3 and yet I still have server issues timing out. Ill see like 20-50 people at these arkfalls events and my question is everyone having issues? Is it just me? And is there anything I could do to have a more stable connection?

Please any help would be much appreciated

Kuroro
09-06-2016, 06:59 AM
Advices listed according to your tolerance:

1)hold ps and exit from the game when you are lagging,logging again fixes the lag for half hour
2)get used to it because that is how the game is
3)move to another game

AXXA
09-06-2016, 07:05 AM
the reason is the PS3 server, i play on the EU Server and live in germany. We have also a fast internet connection, but its the same ****. the PS3 trion servers are grab, i dont know why. All my clanmates has the same problems. 2 - 3 teleports = diconnect. On PC plattform they are not often problems with disconnect or freeze...

Fallen_Aingeal
09-06-2016, 10:03 AM
Welcome to Defiance PS3.

As mentioned above, this is the console curse that is one of the many plagues of this game. Been dealing with it for 3+ yrs.

Best thing to do is make sure you're console is hardwired and not using wi-fi. Reset after any major event. Keep a balance of $150-200 stashed to replace controllers broken from throwing at walls.

This is an issue that is always "currently worked on". They try to blame it on our internet service. Unfortunately, that excuse doesn't work when you consider all the different internet providers being used....The problems are on Trions end, and they sacked those that may have been able to fix it a long time ago. Now, they are in the "patch and bandaid" mode.

It is what it is...

Johnny Dbag
09-06-2016, 10:16 AM
So true, broke a controller in half yesterday....

Johnny Gatt
09-06-2016, 11:09 AM
I have been playing Defiance on Ps3 for over 3 years.
Server stability has always been an issue. As an added bonus for playing on Ps3, you will also receive hard freezes at least twice daily.

As a few others have stated, quitting game after every major event and logging back in fresh will usually keep things going for 30 mins to several hours depending on how many times you jump shards.

If you enjoy the game, keep playing. After a while the bad stability begins to feel normal and you will be able to log out and back in so many times it will become as natural as breathing.

At a major event arkfall i can get disconnected, hard freeze while getting disconnected, reset Ps3, restart ps3, wait for diagnostic scan, log in, patch in, and jump back to arkfall before it ends.

Ipavco90
09-06-2016, 08:53 PM
Wow thats kinda bull****. You mean its been this way for 3 years!!! I will try quitting after events anf maybe ill be able to complete one... one day. I played tons of online games and never seen anything quite this bad.

Kuroro
09-06-2016, 11:39 PM
Wow thats kinda bull****. You mean its been this way for 3 years!!! I will try quitting after events anf maybe ill be able to complete one... one day. I played tons of online games and never seen anything quite this bad.

Yeah I know your point of view but once you like the game you see my point of view,its a free game and I keep playing it for the 30+ persons online at any hour of the day in the clan I am in,to be honest.Of course I play to get better gears and kick ***** in pvp,but the only thing that makes me keep playing this game instead of chasing gears or playing pvp in another game is the latin american community.
Yesterday I have been out playing other games because I got tired of getting t3s from the event,and today I logged in and noticed how trash Defiance is (some parts of it at least)...full of glitches,there is something wrong with the rng (I dont get any jackpot since 3 events ago and I have spent like 8 hours per day playing the events) and the zone chat is so "toxic" sometimes like today when I logged in and an idiot was insulting everybody...