PDA

View Full Version : Thank you for the Purgatory fix :)

Squint_421
09-08-2016, 02:56 PM
Works geat now but could use a small (3-5%) minimum damage & damage radius boost then it would be perfect :)

IGN Rukia Lynx
PSN Squint421
6k the hard way
1965 ego pursuit rating
Clan leader Eternal Souls
NA region

WhiteStrike
09-08-2016, 03:02 PM
Yep, loving the new Purgatory. Now it is no longer spamable in PvP.

Johnny Stranger
09-08-2016, 05:49 PM
Not sure why they had to touch it , functions like a pos Det now . What could you possibly like about it now .. I crit 70-100 k with a boomer on inquisitors , with purg , zero crits ... Beauty job trion !

doctordabs
09-08-2016, 06:08 PM
the new purgatory sucks for crits - crit dmg trumps all - way to ruin it, trion.

Squint_421
09-08-2016, 07:21 PM
Thats why i'm suggesting a dmg radius boost.......... The increase will give back critical hits on most enemies

Johnny Stranger
09-08-2016, 07:40 PM
Thats why i'm suggesting a dmg radius boost.......... The increase will give back critical hits on most enemies

Ok , because the way it is now , a lot of people wasted a ton of resources for a gun that is awful . No crits equal useless imo .. I need yellow numbers popping up more often than not ... Trion , let's put the thinking hats on ...

r1p
09-09-2016, 05:23 AM
the new purgatory sucks for crits - crit dmg trumps all - way to ruin it, trion.

Did Destro or Rarnok say that they purposely removed crit damage from it? I just assumed it was a bug.

Bloodbath82
09-09-2016, 06:54 AM
Did Destro or Rarnok say that they purposely removed crit damage from it? I just assumed it was a bug.

It was working like a mass cannon so if you take away the primary explosions dmg you take away the crit because this is the only explosion you can aim. Mass cannons do the same thing the initial "aimed" shot is all that does crit dmg the clusters recieve none. Hope this clears up the crit you got robbed for because someone cried about a gun when expos ARE STILL PHASING and have been FOR YEARS

daniel lk
09-09-2016, 07:11 AM
Purgatory has become a common weapon, spoiled the best weapon for shipment , meanwhile the pvp continues with ones that should take nerf as the DC11 and UD

r1p
09-09-2016, 08:09 AM
It was working like a mass cannon so if you take away the primary explosions dmg you take away the crit because this is the only explosion you can aim. Mass cannons do the same thing the initial "aimed" shot is all that does crit dmg the clusters recieve none. Hope this clears up the crit you got robbed for because someone cried about a gun when expos ARE STILL PHASING and have been FOR YEARS

Interesting, I never really paid that much attention when using ground pounders so I never noticed. Also since dets can roll crit shouldn't it be removed from the Purgatory rolls? I would hate to waste a ton of AF re-rolling the OJ or Supreme roll because Crit kept coming up.

BTW, if you think bug fixes should be prioritized based on date then there a plenty of bugs that would need to be fixed before expos could even get looked at.

Hexthat
09-09-2016, 08:45 AM
Purgatory has become a common weapon, spoiled the best weapon for shipment , meanwhile the pvp continues with ones that should take nerf as the DC11 and UD

I agree BR should be nerfed to where they were before being super buffed.... BR just too good for spraying, killing, and without aiming.

Johnny Stranger
09-09-2016, 09:27 AM
just nerf everything...for god's sake....**** pvp ....get rid of rigs....that is your biggest problem in pvp , not weapons...imo

thumb
09-09-2016, 09:47 AM
Sticks and marshmallow guns only in pvp, nothing else no rigs no shields no perks.

Wagner Serrato
09-09-2016, 11:02 AM
What you need to improve is the speeds of projectiles that they fall faster in the enemy and nanoeffect in initial explosion

Bentu
09-09-2016, 12:37 PM
Well I've learnt my lesson, real world money is very hard to come by for me to invest in the game and that being the case it was a difficult decision to buy arkforge to invest in upgrading my Purgatory and BHR AR.
The Purgatory isn't an improved version of the one I upgraded and 500 arkforge bits I will never see again.
Yep Trion you taught me good n proper never to invest real world money on arkforge again and I will shout it from the roof tops whenever a noob broaches the subject to warn them off from making the same mistake.

stayloc
09-09-2016, 01:55 PM
Have to agree with you on this Bentu. There are so many good places to put real money. I cannot trust that any future weapons won't be nerfed at any time. This was done after all the money was spent. It is like buying a corvette and when you take it in for maintenace they put a four cyl in it. That does not work in any business model, at least not one that survives.

Johnny Stranger
09-09-2016, 02:26 PM
Well I've learnt my lesson, real world money is very hard to come by for me to invest in the game and that being the case it was a difficult decision to buy arkforge to invest in upgrading my Purgatory and BHR AR.
The Purgatory isn't an improved version of the one I upgraded and 500 arkforge bits I will never see again.
Yep Trion you taught me good n proper never to invest real world money on arkforge again and I will shout it from the roof tops whenever a noob broaches the subject to warn them off from making the same mistake.

Have to agree with this statement...

kronzilla
09-09-2016, 02:36 PM
ohhhhh so they create an all new detonator class basically, its VERY strong when used properly. And then they quickly go an turn it into a run of the mill ground pounder.... yaaaay. R.I.P monies. Good to know that I can spend a bit of money like Trion wants on something cool. But as soon as the minority pipes up, they nerf it without real investigation. Proooobs not renewing

Mrdr
09-09-2016, 04:29 PM
It's possible they did this intentionally. They released the purgatory as a desirable purple gun knowing full well that people will want to upgrade it to OJ then supreme. After lots of people started getting them and loving them and upgrading them with earned or purchased arkforge they drop the hammer and nerf it. And since the TOS/EULA states that they can do whatever they want with your toon and gear whether you spent money or not she nice you don't own anything, thank you; come again $oon!

Or, it was just them listening to a very select FEW again...

Chonchan
09-09-2016, 04:37 PM
If you think Trion didn't know that the purgatory was "broken" for 5 months than your a fool. They let the community buy af to supreme it, buy rigs for it, ECT. Then nerf it. Thanking Trion for doing the job they should have done 5 months ago just encourages this greedy behavior. This is the most toxic community for a game ever. "Thank you for ****** me Trion. Your the best!"

Mrdr
09-09-2016, 04:42 PM
If you think Trion didn't know that the purgatory was "broken" for 3 months than your a fool. They let the community buy af to supreme it, buy rigs for it, ECT. Then nerf it. Thanking Trion for doing the job they should have done 3 or 4 months ago just encourages this greedy behavior. This is the most toxic community for a game ever. "Thank you for ****** me Trion. Your the best!"

Did they at least buy you a drink first?

Bentu
09-09-2016, 04:51 PM
Did they at least buy you a drink first?

Those kind of manners are long gone.

Johnny Stranger
09-09-2016, 06:34 PM
I guess introducing the original purgatory was foreplay , than 5 months later came the expletive ...ing. :)

LOOKxATxTHISxI
09-09-2016, 07:13 PM
Yup. Straight horse****. Have wasted a ton of cash on this game. Gave up a lot in a trade for one of these and now you neuter it? Gotta agree with everyone above. My 50-100 bucks of bits every week or two can easily go to other games rather than this. Hard to support a company when they pull crap like this that is starting to become more regular.

how about fixing the lag/crits/disconnects (inventory cap/claims timers/removal of exchange was all supposed to fix) or fix my RESPARKS that you guys have assraped. Still have several resparks in my inventory that are now rebels.

BRs are overpowered how about nerfing them again too. No reason not to ruin them too. People have spent tons on them as well. Maybe after that nerf people will find something else to ***** about being op'd and you can make another super powered weapon that will end up nerfed.

You guys are making it easier by the day to walk away

Squint_421
09-10-2016, 02:07 AM
What you need to improve is the speeds of projectiles that they fall faster in the enemy and nanoeffect in initial explosion

Good suggestion :)

Sevrin
09-10-2016, 08:37 AM

I agree totally with this. The decision to upgrade a weapon (in my case to a supreme purgatory) was based on the weapon's performance in my hand. I put a ton of good AF into supreming this weapon. The Purgatory was a fine weapon as it was and now it is just average, if that. The decision to unilaterally nerf it is total BS and just plain wrong. And, frankly, it is just a flat rip-off by the developers. In my opinion, players should be reimbursed for the AF they put into these weapons.

* PS And what about the hours and hours many players spent to get this weapon in the first place? I know some who put weeks into obtaining this drop based on its performance. It's just all wrong.

Corner Store
09-10-2016, 08:50 AM
Over 1800 in arkforge to sup and roll purgatory. You know if it was fixed within two weeks of coming out I understand it was a mistake. Months later is BS. People spent af and in many cases real life money for af to upgrade these.

Trions reaction to devs "glitch" not being fixed for months.

http://www.fitness-101.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/obeseman.jpg

scierwojad
09-10-2016, 12:29 PM
just make normal damage main grenade now moobs hit for 0 and move before clusters explode (viscera / hulkers /grid)

Hexthat
09-10-2016, 12:51 PM
just make normal damage main grenade now moobs hit for 0 and move before clusters explode (viscera / hulkers /grid)

probably cant get a mass cannon to do dmg ether?

missmar
09-10-2016, 02:28 PM
sounds like ya'al haven't actually tried the new purgatory because that thing is without a doubt the strongest detonator in the game....

ya'al tried running with blur through mobs and shooting straight down with purgatory??? it's actually pretty damn fun.

Johnny Stranger
09-10-2016, 03:00 PM
sounds like ya'al haven't actually tried the new purgatory because that thing is without a doubt the strongest detonator in the game....

ya'al tried running with blur through mobs and shooting straight down with purgatory??? it's actually pretty damn fun.

Obviously you haven't .... There's no criticals dude ... I've run it damn long enough before and after fix/nerf , not even close to same without crit hits

Sevrin
09-10-2016, 03:56 PM
It was never the best or strongest detonator but had some most excellent special uses. Now not so much. And shooting down with the Purgatory is nothing new. It has always been one of the best ways to use it. But that's all just opinion. The point is that making major modifications to a weapon months after it came out is really the issue -- especially one that many, many players have put a lot of time, effort and resources into crafting.

Smokey Black
09-10-2016, 04:14 PM
It was never the best or strongest detonator but had some most excellent special uses. Now not so much. And shooting down with the Purgatory is nothing new. It has always been one of the best ways to use it. But that's all just opinion. The point is that making major modifications to a weapon months after it came out is really the issue -- especially one that many, many players have put a lot of time, effort and resources into crafting.

according to destro it has the highest damage per second in the game even after the "fix"

Sevrin
09-10-2016, 05:06 PM
Ok. Well I guess I'll take destro's word for it although that's not my experience with various dets in this game. Still not my my point though.

Mrdr
09-10-2016, 05:36 PM

I was grinding control grids to get one. Was...not now.

Infinity Eagle
09-11-2016, 01:36 AM
Crap like this nerf is why I have not played for months.

Gaige12
09-11-2016, 02:04 AM
The problem is trion can be too heavy handed with the nerf bat. If they kept it critting as normal and just turned down the dmg a little to get it inline with other wep's, not many would complain. Instead they took a gun that many people spent money on and nerfed it into uselessness.

Cygnus
09-11-2016, 09:55 AM
A nerf is when they make an adjustment to the values. This was a complete redesign. We should be able to get a refund. Notice our complaining goes nowhere. I need to learn how to force a tear out or something. Lol

Mrdr
09-11-2016, 02:25 PM
A nerf is when they make an adjustment to the values. This was a complete redesign. We should be able to get a refund. Notice our complaining goes nowhere. I need to learn how to force a tear out or something. Lol

Just gotta be friends with the right people...they seem to be able to convince Trion of changes somehow...

xXxDSMer
09-11-2016, 06:05 PM
ohhhhh so they create an all new detonator class basically, its VERY strong when used properly. And then they quickly go an turn it into a run of the mill ground pounder.... yaaaay. R.I.P monies. Good to know that I can spend a bit of money like Trion wants on something cool. But as soon as the minority pipes up, they nerf it without real investigation. Proooobs not renewing

It's actually still not a "run of the mill" ground pounder. GPs are manual dets with a 2.x fire rate. Purgatory breaks apart on impact with a 3.x fire rate, and is still exceptionally high dps so long as the user has the brains to figure out that the shield and armor plates are in the way of the weapon they're trying to use.

BRs are overpowered how about nerfing them again too. No reason not to ruin them too. People have spent tons on them as well. Maybe after that nerf people will find something else to ***** about being op'd and you can make another super powered weapon that will end up nerfed.

responding to this and all of the comments about blast rifle that are getting quite old:
Blast rifle has a LOW base crit multiplier. It was INTENTIONALLY AND METHODICALLY set to be 10% higher noncrit dps than other full auto ARs.
Many people think the addition of x3 on the card dmg of a blast rifle meant that they tripled the weapon's damage. They didn't. The x3 was just an addition to the weapon card to more accurately show damage the weapon had been doing all along. I'm surprised they didn't add an x3 to disruptor lmg at the same time (the old disruptor, not the mazu disruptor).
FTLOG stop complaining about blast rifles. Even if the making blast rifles 10% higher noncrit dps was reversed it would still be an effective weapon in pvp because of the "blast". And even if it weren't.. a new 'favorite' would rise to the top then all of you that have been whining about blast rifle would start whining about that until the new favorite got changed. It's a slippery slope that I'm damn glad trion is not going down. & they're not going down it for exactly the reason I stated: blast rifle was intentionally buffed to be where it's at, and it's really NOT overkill.

I agree totally with this. The decision to upgrade a weapon (in my case to a supreme purgatory) was based on the weapon's performance in my hand. I put a ton of good AF into supreming this weapon. The Purgatory was a fine weapon as it was and now it is just average, if that. The decision to unilaterally nerf it is total BS and just plain wrong. And, frankly, it is just a flat rip-off by the developers. In my opinion, players should be reimbursed for the AF they put into these weapons.

* PS And what about the hours and hours many players spent to get this weapon in the first place? I know some who put weeks into obtaining this drop based on its performance. It's just all wrong.

If purg is so "average" now, then sell it.
It's actually still the highest DPS det in game, especially when used correctly. Like: don't walk up to a shielded 8 plate inquisitor expecting to automagically kill it without removing shield & armor first

Obviously you haven't .... There's no criticals dude ... I've run it damn long enough before and after fix/nerf , not even close to same without crit hits

crits are not the only way to do damage lol.
& of course it's not doing the amount of damage it was before the fix. Prior to the fix it was doing roughly card x4.
Which we all knew was going to happen.

Being fire nano it is a special purpose weapon. Same as would be a fire nano blast rifle or anything else fire. And it excels at that special purpose: doing high DPS to bare health targets.

The problem is trion can be too heavy handed with the nerf bat. If they kept it critting as normal and just turned down the dmg a little to get it inline with other wep's, not many would complain. Instead they took a gun that many people spent money on and nerfed it into uselessness.

All that really needed done on the damage front was turn the damage down to get it in line with what it's supposed to be (which happens to be the total damage its putting out right now on live)... but a turn down would have left it with some of the damage on the initial explosion, and retained the actual crash boomer ground pounder hybrid feel

If it were a complete redesign, the card would have said dmg x4 from day one - as if it were intended to do that initial full damage in addition to 3 clusters doing full dmg.

Hexthat
09-11-2016, 06:31 PM
responding to this and all of the comments about blast rifle that are getting quite old:
Blast rifle has a LOW base crit multiplier. It was INTENTIONALLY AND METHODICALLY set to be 10% higher noncrit dps than other full auto ARs.
Many people think the addition of x3 on the card dmg of a blast rifle meant that they tripled the weapon's damage. They didn't. The x3 was just an addition to the weapon card to more accurately show damage the weapon had been doing all along. I'm surprised they didn't add an x3 to disruptor lmg at the same time (the old disruptor, not the mazu disruptor).
FTLOG stop complaining about blast rifles. Even if the making blast rifles 10% higher noncrit dps was reversed it would still be an effective weapon in pvp because of the "blast". And even if it weren't.. a new 'favorite' would rise to the top then all of you that have been whining about blast rifle would start whining about that until the new favorite got changed. It's a slippery slope that I'm damn glad trion is not going down. & they're not going down it for exactly the reason I stated: blast rifle was intentionally buffed to be where it's at, and it's really NOT overkill.

Unless the bloom is 0.00 or negative the spread should continue opening up infinitely... why can you hold down the trigger and it locks on a set amount of spread if the bloom is not 0? same goes for all weapons....

Id like to see people forced to shoot AR/SMG/LMGs in bursts......

Cygnus
09-11-2016, 06:32 PM
Regardless of the developers intent and the card stats, I would not have invested the resourses on this incarnation of the purgatory. This was not a minor adjustment or fix. The weapon had to be completely remade to in order for developers to accomplish the "fix". In my opinion they completely redesigned and changed it to a completely different weapon. Because it had been out so long and so many had used lots of resourses ( spamming control grid for drop or scrip to buy plus arkforge ) that those in possession at the time of the fix going live should be compensated with arkforge at the least or a loyalty crate and arkforge if it was supremed. To change it this late after so many invested so much is wrong and we need compensation at the very least. Selling this weapon after its been devalued wouldnt make any sense

Mrdr
09-11-2016, 07:04 PM
Unless the bloom is 0.00 or negative the spread should continue opening up infinitely... why can you hold down the trigger and it locks on a set amount of spread if the bloom is not 0? same goes for all weapons....

Id like to see people forced to shoot AR/SMG/LMGs in bursts......

Utterly senseless...you want burst firing "automatics" then get yourself some TACCs. I don't shoot those because I hate them. They are more accurate and they (usually) crit higher than a regular ar or smg. I refuse to use them because I don't feel like getting carpal tunnel syndrome sooner than I need to. If every gun in the game was burst only then I'd be looking for a new game. I think lots f others would feel the same. I don't think anyone should be forced to play how you or anyone else eats them to play.

Hexthat
09-11-2016, 08:58 PM
Utterly senseless...you want burst firing "automatics" then get yourself some TACCs. I don't shoot those because I hate them. They are more accurate and they (usually) crit higher than a regular ar or smg. I refuse to use them because I don't feel like getting carpal tunnel syndrome sooner than I need to. If every gun in the game was burst only then I'd be looking for a new game. I think lots f others would feel the same. I don't think anyone should be forced to play how you or anyone else eats them to play.

have you ever fired an automatic in real life? i fired a tiny smg and its is impossible to keep on target unless your a cyborg

DEATHBRINGER210
09-11-2016, 09:25 PM
im glad i never ojed the purgs i had, and traded them for jps :)

Mrdr
09-11-2016, 09:43 PM
have you ever fired an automatic in real life? i fired a tiny smg and its is impossible to keep on target unless your a cyborg

Have you ever fired a BMG in real life? Have you ever jumped over a cube van in real life? How about met an insect the size of a house? Ever been able to teleport to a friend in real life? No? Odd...

I fail to see the relevance to real life when it comes to this game.

Edit: technically our toons are cyborgs...they've all been implanted with cybernetic ego device...so we should be able to handle the smg without issue.

stayloc
09-12-2016, 05:37 AM
Ok, I have used the nerfed Purgatory for a while now. Yes, the initial detonation is gone (must be spring loaded) but this is still my favorite det. I always felt that the scoring on it was bugged (and it was). The scoring seems better (higher). Yesterday in coop, someone asked what kind det it was - still pretty impressive. While I am still unhappy with the nerf, don't under estimate it's value. BTW had or have every decent det but apex and rot. My two cents.

r1p
09-12-2016, 06:48 AM
Ok, I have used the nerfed Purgatory for a while now. Yes, the initial detonation is gone (must be spring loaded) but this is still my favorite det. I always felt that the scoring on it was bugged (and it was). The scoring seems better (higher). Yesterday in coop, someone asked what kind det it was - still pretty impressive. While I am still unhappy with the nerf, don't under estimate it's value. BTW had or have every decent det but apex and rot. My two cents.

I agree. There are too many people over-reacting to the changes to the gun and acting as if it is now worthless when in reality it is still one of the 2 best dets in the game. I own the Purgatory, Rot Fissure, Apex Sludgehammer, Dawn's Light, & Milking Maid and in my opinion the Purg & Rot are the best. The only 2 nitpicks that I have with the changes are that the cluster's drop to0 far away from the target zone and that they need to detonate twice as fast as they do now.

So if there is anyone on PS3/NA that now thinks that their Purgatory is worthless feel free to look me up and I'll be happy to give you 10x what the vendor is offering.

Johnny Stranger
09-12-2016, 08:08 AM
I agree. There are too many people over-reacting to the changes to the gun and acting as if it is now worthless when in reality it is still one of the 2 best dets in the game. I own the Purgatory, Rot Fissure, Apex Sludgehammer, Dawn's Light, & Milking Maid and in my opinion the Purg & Rot are the best. The only 2 nitpicks that I have with the changes are that the cluster's drop to0 far away from the target zone and that they need to detonate twice as fast as they do now.

So if there is anyone on PS3/NA that now thinks that their Purgatory is worthless feel free to look me up and I'll be happy to give you 10x what the vendor is offering.

Already traded mine ... Not missing it ...

Hexthat
09-12-2016, 08:55 AM

some of what you say i agree with but, if a weapon has any bloom it should continue to bloom

a pre-patch Radiant Solstice Pulser with a blue roll of -0.20 recoil makes it have -0.10 bloom, that's with a t2 melee stock.... as i fire it the reticle should decrease in size not stay the same size

thumb
09-13-2016, 09:16 AM
Just to clarify my position on the purgatory "fix",
Regardless of it's usefulness or specialty uses, it is not the weapon I sank af into and furthermore had it been at that time what it is now I would never have, most likely I would not have spent the time to even get one.

DEATHBRINGER210
09-13-2016, 10:05 AM
all of yall that are unhappy with the purgatory "fix" . should go back a search for the zagger nerf threads . this isnt first time this has happen or the last

ronbo191
09-13-2016, 10:53 AM
I hate the nurf on the purgatory too, but its not trion that is to blame. We all know who the one person that they listen to is, and he is the one to blame.

Gaige12
09-13-2016, 02:30 PM
I hate the nurf on the purgatory too, but its not trion that is to blame. We all know who the one person that they listen to is, and he is the one to blame.

This^^

Sevrin
09-13-2016, 03:47 PM

So who? PM me I'd like to know who they listen to. No players that I know of -- that's for sure.

Johnny Stranger
09-13-2016, 05:46 PM
So who? PM me I'd like to know who they listen to. No players that I know of -- that's for sure.

I would also like to know ... Pm please

Cygnus
09-13-2016, 06:27 PM
As you read you will see im attempting to be refunded for a fraction of my currencies I spent acquiring, upgrading and changing rolls on the purgatory. Here seemed as good a place as any to post . Please comment!!!

Customer support recommended that I share this on the forum to get customer feedback and maybe a developer will see it. I chose to personal message you instead.

As you read you will see I am polite with my request even though no real customer support is offered. The 2nd and 3rd reply from CS seem intended to escalate the experience rather than find a solution that keeps the customer playing, spending money, happy with the experience, and saying nice things about CS. Im not sure if CS is improperly trained or if they are instructed to treat customers in this manner instead.

My request was to be refunded the currencies I used to aquire, upgrade, and change rolls on the purgatory. The reason I believe I should be reimbursed is this, the purgatory was not operating as advertised, but I was unaware and invested real money for arkforge and ingame currencies to aquire. I would not have pursued or invested in the current version of purgatory. Because the purgatory was not as advertised, its faulty digital content. Most ethical companies would agree and offer the customers unhappy with the replacement a refund or a discount of some sort.*

The purgatory fix is much different than the supernova fix. In the case of the nova, owners were left with a crap gun but were never really out any currencies because legendary was the highest teir at the time. Because the purgatory came purple you had 2 rarity teirs and one was a gamble. I mention the supernova because this is the last instance I recall that a specific weapon was changed after its released live.

I spent more money on purgatory than any other item since the beginning of the game. Ive spent more on this game than any other ive ever played. Experiences like this make me question that decision. I dont intend to make threats as to quitting the game or not spending any more money on defiance. But this experience definitely doesnt sit well with me, and has tainted my feelings toward CS and the game itself.

I dont see how frustrating a customer is good customer service. Most of the players who've share their CS experience really just wanted a little concession so they could feel good about continuing to play, and get back to spending money supporting the game. We shouldnt feel compelled to seek out consumer protection agencies to prevent our rights from being trampled on. Good customers deserve good customer service. I think youll find a much more receptive community if you treat us with more dignity and respect.

Refunding or crediting my chactacter Volans 25million scrip and 3000 arkforge would solve this for me. I would like to continue to play and enjoy defiance and continue to spend money supporting defiance but im waiting to see how this works out.*

Trion Worlds Support Center**My activities

REQUEST #xxxxxxPURGATORY

Sunday at 18:43

Hello, I am a day one player and patron pass holder. I would like to have my resourses refunded. I would like the 25 million scrip and 3000 arkforge I used to aquire, upgrade, and change rolls on the purgatory. It was wrong to change it after it had been in game and so many invested so much. I would not have pursued or used my resourses for the current purgatory. I can not sell it to cover my cost because it has been devalued after the fix went live. Please refund my resourses.

Thank you

Senior GM SoulwalkerSunday at 19:05

Hello,

Thank you for contacting us regarding Defiance.

I apologize for this inconvenience and any frustration you have experienced. Defiance is constantly evolving, and game updates may change what content is available from time to time. Due to these changes, unfortunately we will not be able to assist with this request.

If you have any additional questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to let us know. Thank you for your continued support of Trion Worlds and for playing Defiance.

Your reference number for this ticket is xxxxxx.

Sincerely,

Senior GM Soulwalker

Trion Worlds Inc

Yesterday at 18:17

Under the consumer rights act regarding faulty digital content the consumer has the right to a refund. I purchased 3000 arkforge from the bit store over several purchases and used ingame currency totaling 25million scrip to aquire the item before it was declared faulty. It is my right as a consumer who bought this digital content deemed faulty and i am entitled to a refund.

Because the purgatory was not as advertised when released and trion deemed it needed to be fixed qualifies as faulty and I am entitled to a refund.

Senior GM SoulwalkerYesterday at 18:19

Hello,

Thank you for contacting us regarding Defiance. Unfortunately, we're unable to assist with your request. I apologize for the inconvenience, as we try to make every effort to correct any issue our players may have.

If you have any additional questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to let us know. Thank you for your continued support of Trion Worlds and for playing Defiance.

Sincerely,

Senior GM Soulwalker

Trion Worlds Inc

Yesterday at 20:14

Your response to my request is not a resolution to the problem. If we cannot come to a resolution I will file a complaint to my states attorney general, the FTC, the BBB, and my local consumer protection agency. I a wait your response.

Thank you.

Senior GM SoulwalkerYesterday at 20:14

Hello,

Regrettably, as you have indicated an intent to pursue a legal claim in an effort to resolve this customer service issue, we are unable to continue to address your concern without including our legal counsel. Please have your attorney transmit a copy of your complaint (including your relevant ticket Reference Number(s) and contact information) to our legal team.

Should you wish to resolve this issue without resorting to the legal system, please resubmit your request for assistance and include the reference number listed below.

Thank you for your continued support of Trion Worlds and for playing Defiance. Your reference number for this question is xxxxxx.

Sincerely,

Senior GM Soulwalker

Trion Worlds Inc

Yesterday at 22:21

I did not mention legal action in my message. I stated, if we dont come to a resolution I will seek assistance through consumer protection agencies. Are you offering a resolution? Because the first two of your responses said, sorry cant help.

Yesterday at 22:39

The right thing to do to resolve this matter would be to refund or credit my account 25million scrip and 3000arkforge. I would continue to be a happy customer. You may remove the purgatory from my inventory. I will use those currencies on other items and resume my normal game play. That would resolve this matter for me.

Senior GM NordToday at 00:02

Hello,

Thank you for contacting us regarding Defiance.

Unfortunately, as previously stated, we are unable to assist with your request. As you are unhappy with this policy, I would recommend submitting feedback regarding the issue at our official forums at forums.defiance.com, so that it can be viewed by our development team directly.

Sincerely,

Senior GM Nord

Trion Worlds Inc

Mrdr
09-13-2016, 06:49 PM
I think anyone wanting a full refund should lose the gun itself. Only because it wouldn't be fair to Trion for you to get all your resources and still keep the gun that is now otherwise "perfect" except for the damage #s. You'd have the perfect purgatory (at least as perfect as the newly nerfed one can be) and an additional (in your case) 25M scrip and 3k arkforge for you to do whatever you want with.

That said, you advised them that you are fine with them removing your purgatory from your inventory as long as they return your scrip and forge. To me...that seems fair.

Another thing that would go a long way for players would be some form of compensation to those affected by the nerf (like they've done in the past where they gave out the BHF Durango...even though it wasn't a great vehicle, it's the principle). It could be something as simple as a patron for a month, or a different named gun, etc. But, again, if you want something else, it only makes sense to lose the purgatory you have (or at least have it rolled back to plain purple purgatory) because again, cake and eating.

Another argument for keeping the purgatory you have and not lose it completely or have it rolled back to plain purple, is that regardless of scrip, real money spent, or arkforge you used to get it and make it perfect, you had to invest lots of time to get it in the first place by grinding. I'm not sure if Trion can make you whole with a replacement of time spent no matter how hard they try.

Cygnus
09-13-2016, 07:20 PM
Wow MrDr,
I didnt think anyone would read to the bottom. if they did, I figured theyd liken it to my experience with CS, a complete waste of time. Thank you for reading and commenting.

Before the "fix"'purgatory was a point and shoot weapon that could be upgraded and perfected. Now, even though people state its still a high DPS weapon, its no longer effective under normal circumstances. I have no intention to make a 2 weapon loadout to get it to work. Its no longer enjoyable.

I am fully aware devs can modify items and it can increase or decrease their value. BUT, in the case of purgatory more players spent more resources because it came purple, to make it supreme rarity, and supreme damage, with a damage mastery took a ton of arkforge. And many players went all out. Which means more players were out more resources and lots of real money. That is why I am attempting to be refunded. I would have never wasted time, resources, or the money on the current version of purgatory.

Because when it was released, it was not as advertised, makes it faulty digital content. Under consumer protection, if faulty digital content is purchased the consumer is granted a replacement or a discount. If the customer is not happy with the replacement they are given a refund. This is what an ethical company would do.

Bentu
09-13-2016, 07:25 PM
@Cygnus I think you should of done what support suggested here, I've highlighted it in bold. They implied a resolution to the matter if you replied.

Hello,

Regrettably, as you have indicated an intent to pursue a legal claim in an effort to resolve this customer service issue, we are unable to continue to address your concern without including our legal counsel.
Please have your attorney transmit a copy of your complaint (including your relevant ticket Reference Number(s) and contact information) to our legal team.

Should you wish to resolve this issue without resorting to the legal system, please resubmit your request for assistance and include the reference number listed below.Thank you for your continued support of Trion Worlds and for playing Defiance.

Your reference number for this question is xxxxxx.

Sincerely,

Senior GM

SoulwalkerTrion Worlds Inc

Edit. I hadn't considered the support option until now as for one I'm still majorly annoyed at the devs for this and two the run around I'd of expected from support.

The reply I highlighted above gives me some hope but I'd want the 500af I'd spent on it returned and the weapon reduced in rarity.

Mrdr
09-13-2016, 07:41 PM
Wow MrDr,
I didnt think anyone would read to the bottom. if they did, I figured theyd liken it to my experience with CS, a complete waste of time. Thank you for reading and commenting.

Before the "fix"'purgatory was a point and shoot weapon that could be upgraded and perfected. Now, even though people state its still a high DPS weapon, its no longer effective under normal circumstances. I have no intention to make a 2 weapon loadout to get it to work. Its no longer enjoyable.

I am fully aware devs can modify items and it can increase or decrease their value. BUT, in the case of purgatory more players spent more resources because it came purple, to make it supreme rarity, and supreme damage, with a damage mastery took a ton of arkforge. And many players went all out. Which means more players were out more resources and lots of real money. That is why I am attempting to be refunded. I would have never wasted time, resources, or the money on the current version of purgatory.

Because when it was released, it was not as advertised, makes it faulty digital content. Under consumer protection, if faulty digital content is purchased the consumer is granted a replacement or a discount. If the customer is not happy with the replacement they are given a refund. This is what an ethical company would do.

I'm not in any way disagreeing with your assessment of the situation. I was merely thinking of your issue from an outside perspective for anyone else who is seeking some sort of recompense. I think you asking for your resources back in exchange for the weapon itself (because the gun you originally spent time and resources on no longer exists as when you acquired it in that Trion changed it completely after you spent said resources, yet you are still out those resources and you are out that gun) is a perfectly fair suggestion. However, had you spent the resources after Trion changed it, then I think you should not be entitled to any sort of compensation as you would've spent those resources knowing that the gun is what it is.

I was thinking that it would be good of Trion to show some good faith to the players who got the gun before the nerf and provide them with some sort of good will...we shall see.

Oh, and I agree with Bentu...you should resubmit as directed. Otherwise, your matter is considered closed by CS.

Cygnus
09-13-2016, 07:42 PM
Thank you bentu.
I did continue talks, they continued to not assist in finding a resolution. Seeking assistance with your states attourney general ( who is your states consumer advocate in the US ) is nothing like seeking legal consel. Its the only alternative consumers have before they retain legal counsel and attemt to force trion to comply legaly. After 2 replies of "nope cant help" leaves you with no other alternatives to assert your rights as a consumer. It was not a threat. CS isnt giving me any other alternatives either. They double dared me to follow through. If they saw how much time I have to waste on this game then theyd know I have plenty of time to pursue this.

Cygnus
09-13-2016, 07:44 PM
Thank you MrDr, I agree with your assesment and perspective.

Mrdr
09-13-2016, 07:44 PM
Thank you bentu.
I did continue talks, they continued to not assist in finding a resolution. Seeking assistance with your states attourney general ( who is your states consumer advocate in the US ) is nothing like seeking legal consel. Its the only alternative consumers have before they retain legal counsel and attemt to force trion to comply legaly. After 2 replies of "nope cant help" leaves you with no other alternatives to assert your rights as a consumer. It was not a threat. CS isnt giving me any other alternatives either. They double dared me to follow through. If they saw how much time I have to waste on this game then theyd know I have plenty of time to pursue this.

I noticed that they called your bluff, but they also gave you another chance by asking you to resubmit your issue under a different ticket # and reference this one. You should do it..you might get what you're looking for this way.

Cygnus
09-13-2016, 11:21 PM
im not bluffing. Its ridiculous in this circumstance that it would come to that. But I think it would be interesting to explore gamers rights and how digital content can be marketed and sold. All of us should. As a gaming community we should educate ourselves on our rights as consumers of digital content so we may be better aware when we have to take it, and when we dont. I have no problem writing letters, filing complaints, or making phone calls to consumer protectin agencys if I had to. I didnt say i was retaing legal representation.

But before all that I will resubmit another ticket and see if it gets different results.

samemmy
09-14-2016, 01:46 AM
Works geat now but could use a small (3-5%) minimum damage & damage radius boost then it would be perfect :)

IGN Rukia Lynx
PSN Squint421
6k the hard way
1965 ego pursuit rating
Clan leader Eternal Souls
NA region

ya thanks for destroying the perfectly good weapon

WhiteStrike
09-14-2016, 03:04 AM
ya thanks for destroying the perfectly good weapon

Last I checked the gun isn't shooting marshmallows.

Smokey Black
09-14-2016, 04:41 AM
I think the new purg is alright.. it's still a great weapon. The new shot trajectory gives it double the range it had and with the shot exploding on impact with enemies it is much more useful imo. I had no problem with it in expos yesterday. The gun is still very good.

stayloc
09-14-2016, 05:59 AM
I agree with you Smokey, different is not worse, in this case just different. Preferred blast on impact but the exploding on impact is good.

AXXA
09-14-2016, 06:10 AM
Im on your way... The new Purgatory is absolutly great, i love it...

r1p
09-14-2016, 07:55 AM
FWIW I know that I wasn't happy when they nerfed the Piper shields even when they knew about it for 2 years before doing so. So if people have an issue with the changes made to how the Purgatory functions now (excluding the damage) then I understand.

I'm more or less fine with the Purg as it is but I am concerned that clusters do not register crits which means that it has a completely useless roll in the pool. Maybe a way to resolve this issue would be to allow the initial node to do damage/crit and lessen the damage done by the clusters to compensate for it. So if the 3 nodes currently do 30k damage each then change it so the node and clusters each do 23k. This way the crit roll would no longer be useless and the amount of damage could remain the way that Destro intends it. I also wouldn't mind it if they tightened up the spread of the clusters and shortened the amount of time that it takes for them to detonate.