PDA

View Full Version : Fix Defiance

blinded by mass cannon
09-11-2016, 03:37 PM
Defiance got 99 problems and Trion ain't going to fix one

* quick menu clan list only shows 16 members in abc order so we can only port to members who's in the upper part of alphabet

* quick menu clan list is in abc order but friend list is not

* quick menu often has lag resulting in accidently muting a player an no way to find out who you muted

* mass cannons, bmgs, purgatory and other guns fill screen with bright light so players can't see what they are shooting, also causes some players to have headaches.

* warmaster arkfall site gets wiped out by incrusions or other major arkfalls spawning on top of it

* warmaster invite system only the invite friends option works. Private warmasters nobody can send out group invites including the person who started it, kind of makes it pointless.

* expedition auto extract issue caused by taking too much damage still not fixed

* can't send clan invite to players in other phases

* if u have 2 players on same account in different clans what you type shows up in both clan chats

*no way to jump pages in master clan list we all love clicking the mouse 100+ times

* no way to view map of other phases to see what events are going on without porting to players

* no in game timer on patron pass

* no inventory management system to sort items similar to what the exchange had

* when shooting blast rifle if enemy crosses in front of your the bullets change direction and go after that enemy and miss

* enemies getting stuck in terrain so event can't get finished

* enemies rubber banding back and forth

* at event arkfalls when there are too many players to load we can't see fallen players

* clan welcome message character limit is way too low, increasing limit has only been discussed for about 2 years now maybe more.

* no way to search for player 1 missed letter and then player not found

* new decoy does not really "decoy" just runs in circles around you and still attracting the enemies to you

* porting after taking damage causes shield to get stuck in drained state with that really annoying sound

* last but not least the lag and the dc issues

Mrdr
09-11-2016, 04:16 PM
Strong 2nd post...

Johnny Gatt
09-11-2016, 05:00 PM
Excellent post.
Most issues gave been around since launch.
Noob cannons now more annoying than bmg effects.

As far as enemies stuck in terrain, it seems players draw inquisitors outside of final crystal. The crusaders spawn at feet so seeing more instances of stuck enemies, especially at one near fork.

blinded by mass cannon
09-11-2016, 05:09 PM
Excellent post.
Most issues gave been around since launch.
Noob cannons now more annoying than bmg effects.

As far as enemies stuck in terrain, it seems players draw inquisitors outside of final crystal. The crusaders spawn at feet so seeing more instances of stuck enemies, especially at one near fork.

enemies getting stuck happens everywhere not just in 99 finals, don't matter if it's a hellbug arkfall or a expo or whatever. The game gets vary annoying at times with all the work arounds we have to do because they wont fix the game.

nick145
09-11-2016, 05:48 PM
* quick menu clan list only shows 16 members in abc order so we can only port to members who's in the upper part of alphabet

True, I would love to see a fix for this for some of my friends who are in massive clans.

* quick menu clan list is in abc order but friend list is not

Kinda curious why this is an issue. I mean I understand it can be annoying but is it really something that needs to be fixed?

* quick menu often has lag resulting in accidently muting a player an no way to find out who you muted

This is horribly annoying, as is being forced to mute people if you desire to run an expedition by yourself. If we had a mute list we could access that would be awesome. That way when were done at the end of the day we can unmute those who don't deserve to be permanently muted.

* mass cannons, bmgs, purgatory and other guns fill screen with bright light so players can't see what they are shooting, also causes some players to have headaches.

You can change certain visual settings to avoid this. I have. I recommend everyone does so. The devs have shown this isn't something that can be fixed since it was supposedly adjusted but it is almost as bad as it once was.

* warmaster arkfall site gets wiped out by incrusions or other major arkfalls spawning on top of it

True, and quite annoying. I honestly couldn't care less about this though and would love to see more pressing issues like server stability being worked on.

* warmaster invite system only the invite friends option works. Private warmasters nobody can send out group invites including the person who started it, kind of makes it pointless.

This is massively annoying and cs refuses to refund hrs used to do this or if you crit out while joining a private warmaster you created.

* expedition auto extract issue caused by taking too much damage still not fixed

Is it really? This is getting ridiculous. A clan mate told me they are no longer refunding hunter requisitions from this either. Is that true?

* can't send clan invite to players in other phases

I was under the impression you had to be close to them as well. I didn't even realize this was something that bothered people.

* if u have 2 players on same account in different clans what you type shows up in both clan chats

Not always but sometimes. It's pretty funny. We got to watch part of an argument in another clan. Ahh good times. It would be nice if this got fixed, but I wouldn't consider it a priority.

*no way to jump pages in master clan list we all love clicking the mouse 100+ times

Well as a leader in a smaller clan this doesn't bother me, but I can see it being an issue for larger clans.

* no way to view map of other phases to see what events are going on without porting to players

Honestly I see no problem with that. I can't think of a single mmo that does that. Not to mention the amount of server strain that would cause. No thanks.

* no in game timer on patron pass

I wasn't aware there was one at all unless you played on pc.

* no inventory management system to sort items similar to what the exchange had

Goodness your second post and you go after one of our biggest problems that was supposedly fixed (favoriting weapons option) I would love to see a solution for this. I would even start spending money again if something like that occurred.

* when shooting blast rifle if enemy crosses in front of your the bullets change direction and go after that enemy and miss

... Do you have auto aim on in your settings? If so disable it. That should fix this issue, and it will make you a more skilled player.

* enemies getting stuck in terrain so event can't get finished

The sad thing is this is a daily occurrence to the point i am not even bothered by it anymore. It needs a fix though, especially in expos since they messed with our work around (decoy)

* enemies rubber banding back and forth

This is caused by lag either on your end or theirs or both. Run a speed test, Hardline your equipment, and reset every 24 hours. It won't fix it but it will help.

* at event arkfalls when there are too many players to load we can't see fallen players

This is horrible. They did this to alleviate server lag. So removing it isn't a good idea. Better servers would be the only solution I can think of for this problem. But I do not foresee that happening ever.

* clan welcome message character limit is way too low, increasing limit has only been discussed for about 2 years now maybe more.

This is annoying as all hell. Please fix this now!

* no way to search for player 1 missed letter and then player not found

You'd be surprised at the number of results you'd get if they adjusted that. I say leave it be and write stuff down so you can be more accurate if need be.

* new decoy does not really "decoy" just runs in circles around you and still attracting the enemies to you

While I noticed this in the beginning it no longer appears to be an issue.

* porting after taking damage causes shield to get stuck in drained state with that really annoying sound

Hmm I have never had that happen, maybe a platform only issue?

* last but not least the lag and the dc issues

Better servers would be the only solution I can think of for this problem. But I do not foresee that happening ever.

blinded by mass cannon
09-11-2016, 07:21 PM
nick145, its not just me a lot of players have issues with enemies rubberbanding. and as far as the blast rifle no i do not use aim assists and it is also an issue a lot of other players have. During the major event arkfalls, yes i understand why you cant see other players its too much to load but my point was it would be nice if we could see the enemies and the fallen players, and not just enemies hope that makes sense.

nick145
09-11-2016, 07:34 PM
nick145, its not just me a lot of players have issues with enemies rubberbanding. and as far as the blast rifle no i do not use aim assists and it is also an issue a lot of other players have. During the major event arkfalls, yes i understand why you cant see other players its too much to load but my point was it would be nice if we could see the enemies and the fallen players, and not just enemies hope that makes sense.

Never once did I say or imply it was just you. It happens toe all the time. It is a lag issue and is most likely on their end however the things I listed are things you can do to help on your end.

Not many people actually know but in your settings in game there is an aim assist option. That is what i am referring to not am extra thing or anything like that. I have met and informed many players who didn't know this even 2 day one players (like myself) in 2016 who didn't know about that.

I completely understand everything you said I actually agree with a majority of what you said which is not common when it comes to other people.

I agree it would be great if we could have both of those things (even though we only partially get one currently) but like i said that's the solution and I can't imagine a company like Trion spending the kind of money required to do a complete overhaul of their servers.

blinded by mass cannon
09-11-2016, 07:46 PM
yeah, your right i have turned off the aim assist option in settings along time ago, i find it annoying but vary true many others may not know about it

FistPumper
09-11-2016, 07:58 PM
On the clan invite, On console if you use the "/claninvite" command it doesn't seem to matter what phase they are in.

nick145
09-11-2016, 09:36 PM
yeah, your right i have turned off the aim assist option in settings along time ago, i find it annoying but vary true many others may not know about it

Double check. Certain settings have a habit of turning off or back on on their own.

JustAmule
09-12-2016, 12:31 PM
pretty sure only destro and rarnok are left since trion moved em to Houston and we havent seen/heard of morticus or average joe in months so don't expect anything getting fixed if it hasn't been fixed after 3 years or any new content that requires more than copy/pasting code
game is officially in life support mode

WhiteStrike
09-12-2016, 12:56 PM
Double check. Certain settings have a habit of turning off or back on on their own.

*cough* double-tap to roll *cough*

Mudscale
09-12-2016, 02:45 PM
So many events are burning older players out and they have left in huge numbers. It is impossible to keep up with the inventory. Quarterly events is more than enough. Three weeks on and one week off is too much. Farming events has become a hassle instead of a motivation.

Trion does not play their own game or most of these problems would be fixed a long time ago. Friends list, clan list, inventory lists are all ****ed up.

PvP is either feast or famine. Trion does not play PvP. Sometimes I am indestructible, sometimes I cannot kill anyone.

Screen shake and bright lights from weapons should be able to be toggled. But they have been broken since the game started.

Inventory management is terrible and currently my biggest complaint.