PDA

View Full Version : Seriously, can we slow down the events production line please!

Ronin9572
09-12-2016, 04:57 AM
Hey don't get me wrong, I enjoy a good event! (Empathise on the good part) Sure all the new goodies for the NVF look interesting, but enough already. I know events bring ppl back to the game but a week in between the events is getting a little ridiculous. I know it's all about bit store sales now and you need to make money to keep the game going. MM and IC were decent enough, but other than the event pursuit for 30 inventory spots the AA event was the worst by far for me. C'Mon 5 OJ's the whole time and 4 were nanoless! The only 2 that were any good and I kept were in my pack toon at 700 ego. Don't even get me going on the JP's, seriously it's like every other toon I see playing has 2 in their loadouts. How about instead of pumping out major after major we work on connection issues...

r1p
09-12-2016, 06:12 AM
I want them to run 4 events at once and call the synergy Bread & Circuses! Imagine 4 separate event pursuits each with 15 majors & 25 minors and you have to complete all 4 to get a sword called the Wooden Pickle of Infinite Lameness. The major and minor ark falls spawn in on top of each other and cause the current one to disappear just like what occurs with the Bath House incursion & Warmaster just to add to the difficulty of completing the pursuits. The weekly boxes would have a 0.00000000001% chance to drop a Blast Rifle that combines all 4 nano's and comes with a special synergy called Moar Damage, but would also have a 50% chance of removing something valuable from your inventory as well.

Tanqueray
09-12-2016, 06:49 AM
maybe have a synergy stay the same for the next event with just a change up of jackpots?

but then i dont know how much your inv slots bit store item has been selling since starting to steam roll events...

TOLAK
09-12-2016, 07:11 AM
Hey don't get me wrong, I enjoy a good event! (Empathise on the good part) Sure all the new goodies for the NVF look interesting, but enough already. I know events bring ppl back to the game but a week in between the events is getting a little ridiculous. I know it's all about bit store sales now and you need to make money to keep the game going. MM and IC were decent enough, but other than the event pursuit for 30 inventory spots the AA event was the worst by far for me. C'Mon 5 OJ's the whole time and 4 were nanoless! The only 2 that were any good and I kept were in my pack toon at 700 ego. Don't even get me going on the JP's, seriously it's like every other toon I see playing has 2 in their loadouts. How about instead of pumping out major after major we work on connection issues...

I agree with less work on events and more on getting things working properly. I also agree that we need a break from events to just enjoy the game and not deal with event chores. I'm sick of this 99 event that seems to constantly give me t3-t4 cankers for rewards. I don't do 99 except for the tarr rep and gave away or scrapped most of the AA stuff I got except for my 2 oj's. Until 2 days ago I haven't had crazy connection problems (we all crit here n' there, its tolerable). The patch screen was locked at 0 seconds. I tried deleting updates and it didn't patch. I deleted EVERYTHING, re-downloaded the game and still stuck at 0 seconds. On a second 360 in the house, the same deal at 0 seconds, but I didn't delete anything. I'll be submitting a ticket after I post this. Curious if anyone else has been unable to get on, so I posted on here before the ticket. The real kicker is that I have patron at the moment being wasted, keeping me further from one day acquiring a virtue from loyalty vendor.

Kuroro
09-12-2016, 07:21 AM
I am so tired of the events...at least the next event wont affect pvp so I wont be missing anything good,because I dont want to play it -_- I want time for expeditions and pvp

WhiteStrike
09-12-2016, 07:21 AM
So sick of events. I can't even do other content in the game properly such as PvP due to the low amount of players interested in those activities during events. Not to mention the serious overstressing of the servers that cause terrible stability.

I'd rather have them buff the original syns so that there was a reason to do the regular Arkfall than just spam event after evnmt.

PithHelmetIrath
09-12-2016, 09:41 AM
I want them to run 4 events at once and call the synergy Disconnects & Rage!

Fixed that for you..

r1p
09-12-2016, 09:50 AM
Fixed that for you..

That's a good one as well although they could have used it for this last event.

BTW, just in case some of you didn't get it my post was done with tongue firmly planted in cheek.

Hexthat
09-12-2016, 09:54 AM
i love events often, much nicer then pvp and expos

Crack
09-12-2016, 11:25 AM
Totally disagree...as a day one player, its the events keeps this game alive for me and other multi-year vets. I hate the week in between events...back to the same old that we have been doing for four years. yawn, wake me up when the next event starts. :cool:

Need a break from events you say? Avoid them...easy enough.

Ronin9572
09-12-2016, 11:58 AM
So sick of events. I can't even do other content in the game properly such as PvP due to the low amount of players interested in those activities during events. Not to mention the serious overstressing of the servers that cause terrible stability.

I'd rather have them buff the original syns so that there was a reason to do the regular Arkfall than just spam event after evnmt.

^This exactly! I'm not much of a PvP guy, but i'd love to go on some co ops for AF. Like you said the stress on the servers is ridiculous right now. Last night in 4 hours I had 4 hard freezes, 3 crits, and 2 server timeouts. All while doing AA majors. So I lost out on all that gear!

Bentu
09-12-2016, 01:39 PM
If they made something of the existing Major Arkfalls sieges and incursions they wouldn't need to create new ones.

clay marrow
09-12-2016, 03:29 PM
Seriously! No one is making anyone do anything you don't want to do in game..
Just because events are a constant thing now doesn't mean you can't PvP or expo at will...

Keep em coming trion.

WhiteStrike
09-12-2016, 03:32 PM
Seriously! No one is making anyone do anything you don't want to do in game..
Just because events are a constant thing now doesn't mean you can't PvP or expo at will...

Keep em coming trion.
It kinda does considering that PvP instances take multiple people to start.

Smokey Black
09-12-2016, 03:34 PM
It kinda does considering that PvP instances take multiple people to start.

that's because trion added +1 players to the minimum to que up a match because people complained of unfair grouping in pvp. Gotta love changes.

Kuroro
09-12-2016, 03:48 PM
that's because trion added +1 players to the minimum to que up a match because people complained of unfair grouping in pvp. Gotta love changes.

Do they did it already? I have not seen any difference in pvp.If the change went live then it is not working

WhiteStrike
09-12-2016, 03:54 PM
Do they did it already? I have not seen any difference in pvp.If the change went live then it is not working

It did and it showed the finger to smaller servers. I mean, it makes sense for Capture & Hold but it makes no sense for Deathmatches. Especially Waterfront.

Fisherman Joe
09-12-2016, 03:56 PM
I like the frequent events. For me they add some freshness to the game. I like the week off between the events too. The break lets me catch up on projects so the wife doesn't get too mad, lol.

Chump Norris
09-12-2016, 04:12 PM
Wow PvP getting weapons nerfed wasn't bad enough now PvPers want to ruin events because they are having to wait for matches smh.

Please remove PvP from this game already and keep the events coming.

Kuroro
09-12-2016, 04:20 PM
I know this game is not call of duty but,pvpers always had to wait until the match is full to play it and 8 has never been a long wait.If all those players were joining the match by themselves there would not be any problem,but it seems that some players cannot play without joining in group.
Anyway,I did not noticed any difference in matchmaking.What IŽd like to know is what is that hotfix about,it says a problem with the superiority jackpot shields,I wonder what the problem is

WhiteStrike
09-12-2016, 04:27 PM
Wow PvP getting weapons nerfed wasn't bad enough now PvPers want to ruin events because they are having to wait for matches smh.

They'll never kill a major part of their income.

Chump Norris
09-12-2016, 04:50 PM
They'll never kill a major part of their income.

The income generated by PvP can't be too high if so few people are playing it we have PvPers trying to kill events.

PvE, new synergies, new jackpots things that come with events are their major income.

Nova_Force
09-12-2016, 04:54 PM
I'm all for more frequent events. Logged in today and got bored pretty quickly after completing daily and weekly contracts.

Kuroro
09-12-2016, 04:57 PM
I think that they would have stopped making new events if it were not their major income,and I think defiance will last just until next year,that would explain why they are making a lot of events

LOOKxATxTHISxI
09-12-2016, 06:02 PM

Lol. Agree with this ^

You people calling for one of the best things to happen to the game. (New activities/events). That you don't have to pay for and you guys are *****ing because you can't farm forge or cloak/blur pvp spam. Here's an idea group up with like minded players who despise "chasing" events add them to your friend list and stop trying to remove even more **** from the game.

Pvp has never been the selling point of this game. You guys get enough gear nerfed, now at nearly anytime I jump on I have several clan members in various activities. Events have breathed life back into the game.

STOP THE NERFS...off soapbox now you may resume normal activities :)

NullWolf
09-13-2016, 10:18 AM
as long as the af and key rewards are decent for the new event im all for it, gotta get dem keys for that turmoil.

Im afraid to see the next armsitce event through if they decide to include all the events.
SS, CC, HH, NFH, MM, AA, IC, and now NVF all dropping at the same time, it'll be a mad house trying to mod anything

just remember they can potentially squeeze another 2 in between HH and NFH and one between SS and CC

gethyper
09-13-2016, 10:28 AM
i agree with this c'mon guys theres 3weeks of an event then 1 week break its kinda rediculous atleast give us 2 weeks break bc we get more crud than we can sell so give us time to sell stuff and then do another event

HyperionG
09-13-2016, 10:37 AM
maybe instead of 3 week long events perhaps add a weekend event with a bit sale added

Ronin9572
09-13-2016, 01:16 PM
This was never meant to be a I/you hate/love PvP thread. Like I said in original posting I enjoy a good event. The last few have been disappointing to say the least. I'm not saying I I want to get every JP every event, I'm not entitled to. But only 2 or 3 decent OJ's the last few is ridiculous. Than to top it off the botched rewards for AF and keys for the 99'er event. Let's get it right Trion, maybe you'll make more money...

Ridly
09-13-2016, 02:17 PM
Keep the events coming. The game is boring with out them. A week between is good to organize inventory and prepare for the next one.

PS. Add more/new vehicles :p

Johnny Dbag
09-13-2016, 02:27 PM
Was just talking about this yesterday. I think the events should slow down a bit, and be better. Quality always trumps quantity in my book. The last three events have all been poor with one problem or another. To me it would be much more enjoyable to play a good, polished event every other month instead of a sub par one every month. And i would hate to see them use all this energy up and then have the big four holiday events (halloween, thanksgiving, christmas and valentines) fall short. At the very least let us earn decent forge from the events if the drops are gonna remain nerfed.