PDA

View Full Version : About thieves

Kuroro
09-12-2016, 09:41 AM
I have a question: if I avoid being robbed,is that person who attempt to steal me free of guilt? is not him a thief?

I told this story some time ago,the day it happened and here is the thread about it http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?247414-Another-dude-stealing-on-trades-PS3-NA

Months ago before of it,a dude stole me in trade,he is already a known thief on ps3 NA because he stole from a lot of people and here is the thread about that one http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?244873-A-person-stealing-on-trades-PS3-NA

So I know how they steal and I accept first so the other person cannot change the item,the point is that today the clanmates of the dude of the first link started to defend him,which is fine because they are his clanmates and friends but that does not change the fact he is a thief.One of his clanmates,maybe his leader or founder I dont know,has been saying that if he does not stole me then he is not a thief,what if he tried to? well he tried twice,the first time he failed he said "my controller is bugged",so we tried again and he failed at it again so he ran away.Half hour after that I asked him about the gun he was suposed to sell and he started to say lies "I sold it","a friend is holding it",when I saw it equiped before of grouping him up.I had a friend grouped that day because I knew that the dude tried to steal me, zayne if you read this maybe youŽll remember.Anyway,someone who tries to steal without success is not a thief? that is the main question here.Take a look at the thread I shared with the first link,that is the person Im referring to.

r1p
09-12-2016, 10:07 AM
Why would bother to trade with someone that you personally kicked out of your clan for being a thief?

But to answer your question the answer is: yes, if you someone attempts to steal something but does not succeed then they are still a thief. It's no different than someone who cheats in a game and then portray's themselves as a martyr in public forums because no proof can be given due to "naming and shaming" rules. In both cases no proof can be presented but the acts have still been perpetrated. We just have to accept that this stuff happens in MMO's all the time not deal with the people that do it or everyone in their clan if the problem is more widespread.

Sir Oliver
09-12-2016, 10:09 AM
i have a question : I have a question: if I avoid being robbed,is that person who attempt to steal me free of guilt? is not him a thief

If you attempt a suicide and fail, are you dead?

Grandpa Ace
09-12-2016, 10:12 AM
I have a question: if I avoid being robbed,is that person who attempt to steal me free of guilt? is not him a thief?

I told this story some time ago,the day it happened and here is the thread about it http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?247414-Another-dude-stealing-on-trades-PS3-NA

Months ago before of it,a dude stole me in trade,he is already a known thief on ps3 NA because he stole from a lot of people and here is the thread about that one http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?244873-A-person-stealing-on-trades-PS3-NA

So I know how they steal and I accept first so the other person cannot change the item,the point is that today the clanmates of the dude of the first link started to defend him,which is fine because they are his clanmates and friends but that does not change the fact he is a thief.One of his clanmates,maybe his leader or founder I dont know,has been saying that if he does not stole me then he is not a thief,what if he tried to? well he tried twice,the first time he failed he said "my controller is bugged",so we tried again and he failed at it again so he ran away.Half hour after that I asked him about the gun he was suposed to sell and he started to say lies "I sold it","a friend is holding it",when I saw it equiped before of grouping him up.I had a friend grouped that day because I knew that the dude tried to steal me, zayne if you read this maybe youŽll remember.Anyway,someone who tries to steal without success is not a thief? that is the main question here.Take a look at the thread I shared with the first link,that is the person Im referring to.

We had a similar issue with a person the stole/scammed one of our clanmates--an 11 year old young man that did not know better got his first ever jackpot, a Virtue stolen, and it is only TRION's rules that keep me from saying the thief's name here. However, this is what TRION said:

"We have outlined all specifics related to Scamming on our support site, as well as ways that you can prevent these kind of incidents from occurring. You can find that support article here: https://support.trionworlds.com/hc/e...ng-in-Defiance "

While I do understand that TRION can't really do anything, read it closely because they (TRION) empowers us as follows:
"We fully empower players in game to be judge and jury for others who break the in-game laws, and encourage you to pursue these options, however the support team cannot get involved."

We used this empowerment!! We played Judge & Jury and found him guilty, so every time we saw that player trying to trade or buy something from anyone at all, we would plaster it all over Zone Chat that this individual was a Scammer and a Thief and that he had stolen from an 11 year old kid. Eventually no one would deal with him and we have not seen him on the game in months.

Sorry you had to run into a jerk like we did, but hopefully this will help. Remember the old adage--"Buyer/Trader beware!!" Good Luck!

GPA

CotySky
09-12-2016, 10:25 AM
If you attempt a suicide and fail, are you dead?

If you attempt a suicide and fail, are you *suicidal?

Kuroro
09-12-2016, 10:40 AM
Why would bother to trade with someone that you personally kicked out of your clan for being a thief?

The dude I am referring to is not my ex clanmate,it is another person.And that ex clanmate stole me when I tried to buy an ar he stole to give it back to the victim by the way.

Kuroro
09-12-2016, 10:41 AM
It is on trionŽs end.Years ago I suggested adding 3 seconds countdown before a trade ends to avoid things like that happening.Trion does not do anything with that kind of thieves so all we can do is pointing them out in zone,which I always do when I see some of those 2 thieves.

r1p
09-12-2016, 11:53 AM
The dude I am referring to is not my ex clanmate,it is another person.And that ex clanmate stole me when I tried to buy an ar he stole to give it back to the victim by the way.

Removed. I doubt that you would understand.