PDA

View Full Version : Real open world pvp

Chuck Zitto
02-22-2013, 09:27 AM
What would you guys feel about this. I really want to roam around killing people and not have to queue up for anything. Any chance at all we can get faction wars going atleast 2 dif ones like rift had where if your a defiant and saw a guardian out and about farming mobs or something you could attack them. I know my clan of 60+ would jump on this game in a heartbeat if it worked just like rift did with 3rd person shooting. Just thinking about pvp arkfalls makes me drool.

Krazee DD
02-22-2013, 09:32 AM
Im a PvE guy. Although the thought of a PvP/Hellbug Arkfall is NUTS. I dont like to be killed, so I figure the other dude doesnt either. "Due unto others bro".

HAHA

Super_Jagerman
02-22-2013, 09:37 AM
I can't imagine being in a Arkfall while somebody is blasting everyone with Rockets from the Outskirts, be crazy.

Archangel
02-22-2013, 09:38 AM
What would you guys feel about this. I really want to roam around killing people and not have to queue up for anything. Any chance at all we can get faction wars going atleast 2 dif ones like rift had where if your a defiant and saw a guardian out and about farming mobs or something you could attack them. I know my clan of 60+ would jump on this game in a heartbeat if it worked just like rift did with 3rd person shooting. Just thinking about pvp arkfalls makes me drool.

Open world pvp leads to griefing which leads to less people playing.

If you set up pvp servers this is still the case. You need to then set up safe zones where you can't be attacked unless you attack first type thing.

But people still abuse this by just standing in front of you while your trying an Ark fall or a quest. Then getting killed, loosing scrip because someone is griefing and there you go. you successfully got rid of all the casual players who hate pvp.

So i am loving this idea of a shadow war.

You can que up for it and even be in the middle of it and not be que'd up. If your there and not in the shadow war you can watch whats going on, and even decide to join the fight mid way through!

So i am loving this no open world pvp because the fact you can run someone over with your vehicle would make it to easy to grief.

Dekar
02-22-2013, 09:42 AM
Maybe if there was some way to just be flagged as pvp, and anyone else flagged could get into a fight. Maybe some kind of bounty system. *shrugs*

SRod1706
02-22-2013, 09:46 AM
There is also the shadow war.

See this post.
http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?2470-PvP-Without-boundries-question

My 2 cents. I would have never even given this game a thought if there were open PVP. The idea of constant sniper griefers would turn me off any game where PvE was the main goal. I have played the heck out of the BF series so I am not against snipers, but I believe they would make the any PvE game not worth playing.

Chuck Zitto
02-22-2013, 09:47 AM
Maybe if there was some way to just be flagged as pvp, and anyone else flagged could get into a fight. Maybe some kind of bounty system. *shrugs*

Ya I was thinking something along these lines. Like you go to somewhere and sign up for a specific faction. Then you can go hunt down people that joined a different faction. That way the pve dudes won't be bothered.

Archangel
02-22-2013, 09:49 AM
Sounds like the Shadow war to me.

Dekar
02-22-2013, 09:49 AM
Ya I was thinking something along these lines. Like you go to somewhere and sign up for a specific faction. Then you can go hunt down people that joined a different faction. That way the pve dudes won't be bothered.

Maybe at some point they can actually add a new ZONE for pvp. Honestly as much as I love shooting other players, it wouldn't fit in the mood of the world which is right now co-survival.

Scrablor
02-22-2013, 09:50 AM
[Removed Post Information]

Chuck Zitto
02-22-2013, 09:51 AM
Sounds like the Shadow war to me.

The difference is it sounds like the shadow war are only gonna be at specific times and places. If a shadow war is only going on at like 8pm est what are the pvpers gonna do the rest of the day. The 16v16 matches are gonna get old.

Scrablor
02-22-2013, 09:56 AM
[Removed Post Information]

ZurkaFiend
02-22-2013, 10:01 AM
I think their current pvp model is great. Shadow War allows players the ability to fight each other and the pve players don't have to bother unless they want to.

Fiancee
02-22-2013, 12:09 PM
Hopefully they do something like Rift's Conquest. Just remove NPCs and put some objectives and let the PVP begin, attack, defend, etc.

Someone wanted that bounty hunting system, if two players accept PVP, game is on, one is the hunter and one is hunted, little cat and mouse open world pvp. For example, hunted needs to get behind the hunter to win or then just add some objective whos there faster wins.

Midniteryu
02-22-2013, 12:15 PM
Shadow wars may be more often that once a day though.

Fiancee
02-22-2013, 12:18 PM

Hmm, I thikn theres multiple going on. 50 vs 50, there must be at least couple.

Chuck Zitto
02-22-2013, 12:19 PM

I hope this is true. However nothing would get atleast my clanmates I been playing pvp games with forever excited more than. Just being able to log in group up and go out and find enemy clans to fight wherever and whenever like we did in rift.

Midniteryu
02-22-2013, 12:24 PM
Well I think in today's live stream they might go more in depth about shadow war, as of right now we now you can queue up for it, maybe if enough people do it starts sooner and more often.

Migrayne
02-22-2013, 12:27 PM

That is kind of what a shadow war sounds like. They said you join a shadow war (flag for pvp) then fight others that have joined the shadow war (flagged for pvp).

Mental Riot
02-22-2013, 03:43 PM
I love PvP, always role on PvP servers. But, open world PvP in this game just wouldn't work like standard MMOs. All it would be, is cloaking Snipers picking people off. Would get annoying really quick.

Chuck Zitto
02-22-2013, 04:05 PM
I would think since the shadow wars and battlegrounds are larger snipers are gonna be the go to class/role whatever.

lPATT
02-22-2013, 04:55 PM
I would think since the shadow wars and battlegrounds are larger snipers are gonna be the go to class/role whatever.

not true ... if it objective to capture like we saw in live stream it will be easy win vs sniper class

Chuck Zitto
02-22-2013, 06:40 PM
Just watched the stream of some shadow wars. Looks like there gonna be up most of the time to go to. Still wish there was just like a two faction system that you could join if u want then fight anybody in the opposit faction at anytime anywhere.

Lamaking65
02-22-2013, 08:08 PM
I'm not a big fan of small pvp instanced matches, I do love open world pvp with a purpose. I'm not usually a fan of being griefied every 5 minutes by some random player.(breaks my immersion) I am in favor of open world guild vs guild pvp though. Guilds declaring war on each other and the players of the opposing guild are marked.(imagine ambushes and the like) They could fight over certain arkfall relics that grant bonuses? Idk. Those who don't want to pvp can easily stay out of it, those who want large scale pvp yet don't want to join a guild can do shadow wars.

War Master Degan
02-22-2013, 08:11 PM
I don't want pvp mixed with my co-op mmo action. Since I left the MLG scene I don't do pvp and would hate if it were forced on me in anyway. Although pvp only shards could solve the problem.

Desidus
02-22-2013, 08:14 PM
I don't want pvp mixed with my co-op mmo action. Since I left the MLG scene I don't do pvp and would hate if it were forced on me in anyway. Although pvp only shards could solve the problem.

Or just the choice to be flagged once you enter.. if you don't flag your just a spectator.

War Master Degan
02-22-2013, 08:16 PM
Or just the choice to be flagged once you enter.. if you don't flag your just a spectator.

Yeah a system like that would work well. Only thing you'd have to worry about are hacks that toggle that....

Maelstrom
02-22-2013, 08:27 PM
Yeah based on today's stream it seems like the shadow wars will be a near constant thing. They were able to join in quite frequently, so chances are there will at least be one an hour, if not more. There's the chance that when one ends, another one begins somewhere else.

krazymuffinman9
02-22-2013, 08:39 PM
Apply for the USRRC and get a leg up above the rest of the people that start. go to forums.defiance.com and go to Guild Recruitment and go to the USRRC thread to apply.

Price of Ambition
02-22-2013, 08:50 PM
If they had PvP in the open world, I would quickly cancel my preorder and never look at the any about it again.

ZurkaFiend
02-22-2013, 09:20 PM
I still think how they are doing PvP is pretty good. If it was faction PvP all the time it would mean 1 faction steam rolling most of the time because people usually don't like being on a losing faction.

Eviscerator
02-22-2013, 09:50 PM
I love PvP but I agree with acrhangel.

Desidus
02-22-2013, 10:45 PM
Yeah a system like that would work well. Only thing you'd have to worry about are hacks that toggle that....

Always gotta worry about hacks...

Chirimo
02-22-2013, 10:59 PM
I can just imagine someone about to reach their mission objective then BOOM HEADSHOT!!!! xD

Vin
02-23-2013, 12:33 AM
I'm a huge fan of open world pvp; but as a pvp server. Don't force others into it if they don't want to. One or two pvp servers does the trick. Makes everyone happy without having to effect the gameplay of others.

Fiancee
02-23-2013, 05:33 AM

Hmm. I doubt, if you watch some videos, the landscape isnt just plain flat, actually quite "pumpy" and lots of stuff, like cars, walls, etc.

I thought to go with sniper myself but imho close range weapon and overcharge is the way to go!

Desidus
02-23-2013, 05:36 AM
Hmm. I doubt, if you watch some videos, the landscape isnt just plain flat, actually quite "pumpy" and lots of stuff, like cars, walls, etc.

I thought to go with sniper myself but imho close range weapon and overcharge is the way to go!

Didn't know pumpy was a word...

Fiancee
02-23-2013, 05:44 AM
Didn't know pumpy was a word...

Dont think its...

Started to think about this, I think this game has great potential to be awesome PVP game, so many things you can do. Vehicles are probably the best for shadow PVP...

Duskguy
02-23-2013, 07:04 AM
i think if they were to implement a more WoW approach, it could work. although in WoW you could lock onto a target and this is a shooter, so you cant do that, so perhaps that isnt a good idea at all as people could easily just jump in front of you.

as stated, if there is a option where you can turn on PVP and then just continue going around the PVE world looking for anyone else flagged for PVP..... although that seems like it would be boring, and personally, i would just jump into either the deathmatch mode or shadow war.

Chuck Zitto
02-23-2013, 07:36 AM
I'm a huge fan of open world pvp; but as a pvp server. Don't force others into it if they don't want to. One or two pvp servers does the trick. Makes everyone happy without having to effect the gameplay of others.

I perfectly understand pvp is not everybodies cup of tea and it should not be forced on anyone. For those of us who do enjoy it though I just think there should be something a little more. The shadow wars seemed very brief from the stream and deathmatches will get boring doing them 1000+ times. Maybe just a 24 hour free for all zone somewhere added in or a pvp server of some kind. Or some way to make clan warfare happen if we choose to.

ItISLupus
02-23-2013, 11:00 AM
I hated the pvp servers on 2moons when I played, being pked in the first place available area when you spawn in by someone at cap was irritating

Phaius
02-23-2013, 04:03 PM

Great idea if you like the idea of big zergs rolling through to Arkfalls where their only purpose is to pick off anyone trying to complete them. No dude, this is a terrible idea. The very thought of being forced into PvP because PvPers dislike having to queue up for it is ridiculous and it will just cause a whole lot of people to vacate the game.

lPATT
02-23-2013, 04:19 PM
Great idea if you like the idea of big zergs rolling through to Arkfalls where their only purpose is to pick off anyone trying to complete them. No dude, this is a terrible idea. The very thought of being forced into PvP because PvPers dislike having to queue up for it is ridiculous and it will just cause a whole lot of people to vacate the game.

exactly and since nobody other then the PK would be left . they will have less victim and the game will get boring , they will leave and the game will die =/ ... go play WarZ ,it made for those =D

Chuck Zitto
02-23-2013, 05:21 PM

You guys havn't been reading the thread Ive stated atleast twice. I know pvp isnt for everybody and should not force any single person to pvp that doesn't want to. This thread is about those of us though that do want as much pvp variety as possible. Right now there are 2 forms of pvp battlegrounds which are the same as every other shooter out there and shadow wars. While s wars looks ok it looks from there streams to be only once in awhile and only a few minutes long.

Price of Ambition
02-23-2013, 05:50 PM
But it has been known for a long time that the game focuses more on Cooperative and PvE play. So to expect more PvP seems a bit silly.

Chuck Zitto
02-23-2013, 06:02 PM
But it has been known for a long time that the game focuses more on Cooperative and PvE play. So to expect more PvP seems a bit silly.

Every game since wow focuses on pve. Hoping for one of the big teams like trion to try to support more than just the standard pve crowd isnt to much to ask is it. I dont see how anybody here could be against something as easy to implement as the ability to perma flag yourself for pvp if you choose to. It doesn't hurt the pve crowd at all. It only gives the rest of us something else to do.

Mr666
02-23-2013, 07:00 PM
If you want this then just make a clan and start war with as many others clans as you want so you can basically have what you want

Chuck Zitto
02-23-2013, 07:09 PM
If you want this then just make a clan and start war with as many others clans as you want so you can basically have what you want

Is that actually possible to war other clans? If so that would be great and would probably get my entire clan to come play.