PDA

View Full Version : Encryption Patch Needs to Go

Valani
09-17-2016, 04:59 PM
After looking through all the hidden vendors and faction vendors (excluding Echelon), I started to wonder why there were still blue weapons still hanging around. Considering that recently the ability to take a purple gun and bump it to top the highest rarity was put into effect...why wasn't this Encryption nonsense just removed entirely? The freedom to build your own guns shouldn've left the game. If this was all to balance the game (no more x3 DMG/Crit/Reload), then why implement the rarity bonus reroll system and let old guns become said rolls? Given that this hasn't been removed, I take it that it sits fine with everyone...or does it?

missmar
09-17-2016, 05:20 PM
Fairly certain it's because the gap from blue rarity to purple rarity is a huge leap in damage, and to increase it even further is just excessive.

Although, I wish it was unlocked on all MISSION REWARD weapons, so those can be made supreme. Or at least rewarded as purple.

Ea Rapture
09-17-2016, 07:26 PM
I dunno why they don't remove it. Not like it affects guns anyhow.

Johnny Gatt
09-18-2016, 01:16 PM
I was playing when you could take a white gun and upgrade all the way to legendary.
My Xbox main toon still has a x3 dmg syphon sumi that was once blue.

While the unlimited upgrades were in effect, gun sales became nearly non existant. You could not even give away ojs.
Scoring was still dmg based. A dark matter major could net you 50 forge or more. Everyone was grinding sieges and majors and using forge to build Uber guns out of what used to be blue vendor food. Nobody gambled on bit boxes.

The great ninja nerf of late summer 2014 took care of all that. Weapons were encrypted. Scoring was changed from dmg based to what it is now. Drops from majors were nerfed so ojs were extremely rare.

I do not think they will reverse those changes.

Sevrin
09-18-2016, 07:28 PM
^^^^^^^^^^ Pretty much this.

Hexthat
09-20-2016, 09:56 AM
Remove it!

Horrible horrible horrible, everything blue and lower is useless in all ways possible.