PDA

View Full Version : Event madness.

marty1954
09-19-2016, 12:00 PM
Hi
So this is what as become of the events now as I see it.With so many people using bmgs a player is blinded by them. With so many players using infecters the enemies die before you can even get within range to get a shot in. Any new player can pick up a bmg or inf and run around blindly shooting, score points and possibly get rewarded a jp weapon the disappear after the event is over. They appear like a cloud of gnats under the lights at a gas station and then just go away leaving dedicated, patron pass players with little or no rewards. So I have no choice but to run around blindly with a stingray in one hand and a predator in the other but these are guns i dont really like to use and you dont often see them used in the pve game since they're only effective en masse. I'm not saying people cant use whichever weapon they like I'm saying why should Ibe forced to join em if i cant beat em?

KILLSHOT707
09-19-2016, 12:07 PM
Use what ever weapon you want, but some weapon combo's have always given more score. It does not have to be a BMG.

MasterProtector
09-19-2016, 12:15 PM
ive scored first place in events before with a courier, ar/vot fragger, corruptor, blast rifle, even a pistol on a couple ocassions.... believe you me there are ways, sometimes its just the right placement of rounds and how its all used, sometimes it comes down to right place right time. but as a point hoarder there are plenty of ways, if you want my recommendation use weapons with heavy nano proc rate or wide range weapons that can strike multiple enemies in a short amount of time. oh and as for what pistol i used to get first place... it was an ultimag.

marty1954
09-19-2016, 12:25 PM
Thanks friend

r1p
09-19-2016, 12:58 PM
I've placed first using all kinds of different weapons but it is much easier with a BMG. Just to see how easy it is during the last event I used a purple Stingray with T3 mods at 5 consecutive majors and placed in the top 5 every time. In 2 of those I came in 1st place and in one of those I doubled the 2nd place score. All it took was running around looking for green numbers as I held the trigger for healing.

gulac
09-19-2016, 01:09 PM
Well you just know that in this NVF event its going to be harder than ever.

The trapper cellular shield is bad enough in fog and at night

but particularly hateful in the yellow shrill fog usually reducing visibility to ZERO

so good luck to all the heroes stumbling through it.

r1p
09-19-2016, 01:20 PM
Well you just know that in this NVF event its going to be harder than ever.

The trapper cellular shield is bad enough in fog and at night

but particularly hateful in the yellow shrill fog usually reducing visibility to ZERO

so good luck to all the heroes stumbling through it.

I used to see the Shrill minors littered with bodies at TL10. I can only imagine what it will be like at this event given that the last couple of events have been TL11+.

Ea Rapture
09-19-2016, 01:46 PM
I use a bmg cuz I'm lazy. You can't see 90% of the time at AFs anyhow, so no point in using anything else if I'm incapable of actually seeing them.

WhiteStrike
09-19-2016, 01:47 PM
I use a bmg cuz I'm lazy. You can't see 90% of the time at AFs anyhow, so no point in using anything else if I'm incapable of actually seeing them.

Is your BMG blinding you? If you are using a Protector, the bubble-of-doom can blimd you as well.

Gaige12
09-19-2016, 02:04 PM
Show up, toss a few bio nades around, and go hide that toon. Repeat with the next toon, until your whole battalion is there. Collect jackpots and move to next event. :)

Ea Rapture
09-19-2016, 03:23 PM
Is your BMG blinding you? If you are using a Protector, the bubble-of-doom can blimd you as well.

No, I use a stingray, but I care less if others can see or if I can see. Luckily, don't need to aim if I am healing.

WhiteStrike
09-19-2016, 03:32 PM
No, I use a stingray, but I care less if others can see or if I can see. Luckily, don't need to aim if I am healing.

Too bad people dealing damage do. **** everyone actually contributing, right?

Ea Rapture
09-19-2016, 04:29 PM
Too bad people dealing damage do. **** everyone actually contributing, right?

Yes. That is my mentality.

I stopped caring.

stoodakiss
09-20-2016, 12:21 AM
bmgs for life

Bentu
09-20-2016, 03:23 AM
Well you can't shoot what you can't see or shoot something that can stay alive long enough for you to shoot it to so you may as well try to heal someone.

thumb
09-20-2016, 08:47 AM
We just need 4 or 5 monoliths added to the end of each major, I mean these things are far too easy right ? And the smg is way op that should be nerfed asap.
Truth be told your score is supposedly not related to your JP drop rate that would be your friendly RNG.

Johnny Gatt
09-20-2016, 09:07 AM
My zero heal charge bmgs have been deployed for this event. Enjoy the bubble.

Ea Rapture
09-20-2016, 10:23 AM
My zero heal charge bmgs have been deployed for this event. Enjoy the bubble.

Go bubbles!

xXxDSMer
09-20-2016, 11:40 AM
And the smg is way op that should be nerfed asap.

I'd wager that opinion is solely based on DMG.
Go have a look at the weapon card and look at the equally important fire rate stat.

DMG x Rate = DPS. That's how you measure a weapon.

Because it don't matter if a weapon's doing 20k damage... if that weapon's doing that 20k damage only a half a time in a second (0.5 fire rate). Not that said weapon exists - purely an example.

thumb
09-20-2016, 12:52 PM
I'd wager that opinion is solely based on DMG.
Go have a look at the weapon card and look at the equally important fire rate stat.

DMG x Rate = DPS. That's how you measure a weapon.

Because it don't matter if a weapon's doing 20k damage... if that weapon's doing that 20k damage only a half a time in a second (0.5 fire rate). Not that said weapon exists - purely an example.

No that's me jumping on the band wagon, I actually like the smg just the way it is therefore a nerf must be in the works

WhiteStrike
09-20-2016, 12:55 PM
No that's me jumping on the band wagon, I actually like the smg just the way it is therefore a nerf must be in the works

Why would it be nerfed? It's numbers are pretty standard so it should be just fine.

thumb
09-21-2016, 10:00 AM
Why would it be nerfed? It's numbers are pretty standard so it should be just fine.

Because it's fairly popular and it does decent damage, I mean why "fix" the purgatory the piper shields ect.ect. the easiest way to explain why is " because Trion"

Skullsuku
09-21-2016, 12:04 PM
Hi
So this is what as become of the events now as I see it.With so many people using bmgs a player is blinded by them. With so many players using infecters the enemies die before you can even get within range to get a shot in. Any new player can pick up a bmg or inf and run around blindly shooting, score points and possibly get rewarded a jp weapon the disappear after the event is over. They appear like a cloud of gnats under the lights at a gas station and then just go away leaving dedicated, patron pass players with little or no rewards. So I have no choice but to run around blindly with a stingray in one hand and a predator in the other but these are guns i dont really like to use and you dont often see them used in the pve game since they're only effective en masse. I'm not saying people cant use whichever weapon they like I'm saying why should Ibe forced to join em if i cant beat em?

Man u left out blowing yourself up because of some nit wits invisable car.

WhiteStrike
09-21-2016, 12:23 PM
Because it's fairly popular and it does decent damage, I mean why "fix" the purgatory the piper shields ect.ect. the easiest way to explain why is " because Trion"

Because:
The Piper shields were clearly bugged. They had 50% more capacity than an equivalent OJ Shield.
The Purgatory made everything else irrelevant. It was an explosive weapon that outDPSed ballistic weapons against Single targets.