PDA

View Full Version : NVF major & minor arkfall scaling

Squint_421
09-19-2016, 03:12 PM
Again the major & minor arkfalls go way too fast with low scoring. Most enemies die so fast you can't even get 1 shot in on them. Please reintroduce the enemy difficulty scaling as it was during the "99 Problems" event. If not yall might as well bring a pillow & just shoot 1 enemy then take a nap dead center of the NVF final location. :)

Ronin9572
09-19-2016, 03:15 PM
I hear ya on these. But don't use the 99'er scaling, that was broken too even after the fixed it. Let's go back to before Armistice scaling. The last few events have been rubbish as far as scoring and rewards!

Ea Rapture
09-19-2016, 03:19 PM
Use a bmg, problem solved.

Several someone's can see fine which is why things die so fast, so maybe you should just join the dark side.

Johnny Gatt
09-19-2016, 06:57 PM
I have turned to the dark side. First major jumped to final. I ran around for five minutes trying to shoot something. Nothing. Arkfall ended and I got no credit.I then equipped my spanner protector and have had no issues the rest of the evening. Enjoy the hamster ball.

r1p
09-20-2016, 06:14 AM
This always happens when a new event starts. The first couple of days the majors end at the 24-25 minute mark and by the end of the first week they will be ending at 20-21, and by the end of the event it will be at 10-15 minutes. It is fine just give it time.

thumb
09-20-2016, 09:52 AM
It needs monoliths, and it should scale to tl15, and the enemy should be intentionally invisible..just red arrows everywhere.....yeah thats the ticket

xXxDSMer
09-20-2016, 11:48 AM
Minor arkfall duration really doesn't matter now because they're not required for the event pursuit.

& major arkfall duration is actually in a good spot. We really don't need another 99 problems. Which is, btw, the first time anything like this happened:

<snip>
The first couple of days the majors end at the 24-25 minute mark and by the end of the first week they will be ending at 20-21, and by the end of the event it will be at 10-15 minutes. <snip>

the scaling was done in 99P because of the minors. It also happened to affect the majors. It was said that it would help the scoring, but it didn't do much in that area.

The issue with the score, is the score available within the targets theirselves. Has nothing to do with the kind of scaling that was applied to 99p.

Remember shrill siege in sv when it first came out? At least one mob type wasn't even giving any score at all. The shrill just suck for score - till the devs actually adjust their score values. No amount of scaling is going to fix score.

r1p
09-20-2016, 12:32 PM
Minor arkfall duration really doesn't matter now because they're not required for the event pursuit.

& major arkfall duration is actually in a good spot. We really don't need another 99 problems. Which is, btw, the first time anything like this happened:

<snip>The first couple of days the majors end at the 24-25 minute mark and by the end of the first week they will be ending at 20-21, and by the end of the event it will be at 10-15 minutes. <snip>

the scaling was done in 99P because of the minors. It also happened to affect the majors. It was said that it would help the scoring, but it didn't do much in that area.

The issue with the score, is the score available within the targets theirselves. Has nothing to do with the kind of scaling that was applied to 99p.

Remember shrill siege in sv when it first came out? At least one mob type wasn't even giving any score at all. The shrill just suck for score - till the devs actually adjust their score values. No amount of scaling is going to fix score.

The times that I posted are ballpark for pretty much every event on PS3/NA (mileage varies depending on time of day) and I posted them to illustrate that the majors get flooded the first few days of the event and by the end of it there are a lot less people participating. The last event trended towards the bottom of the time ranges that I posted probably due to the increased difficulty having a bigger impact on the decreasing number of participants and it's the reason why I said to give it time because it will eventually sort itself out.