PDA

View Full Version : Karma. What it is, how it works.

Altras
09-20-2016, 02:25 PM
In the last few days we've gotten a lot of new information about the karma system, spread across different threads. Here is the collective of that information, summarized and with sources.

What is it?
-Karma, is a "get around" from RNG, granting a jackpot.
-Karma is patron only.

How does it work?
-Karma collects from participating in Event Arkfalls.
-There is a separate karma for purchasing lockboxes.
-Accumulates across events.
-Getting a jackpot resets your Karma.
-There is no visible way to check your Karma, the item will either be sent to claims, or appear in your inventory seconds later.
-Jackpots from elite lockboxes doesn't reset Karma.

Per event = per major arkfall. Yes, karma carries over between events. It only resets when you get a jackpot.

Karma will not reset if you lapse on patron, it will just not increase anymore until you grab another patron pass.

The Jackpots will show up in your inventory, about 10 seconds after an event ends.
In regards to Karma resetting, as I have stated in other posts, it will not reset for any reason other than obtaining a jackpot.

Yes, we have tested extensively and Karma is operational.

The Karma system currently only applies to Synergy boxes and Major events. If you get a jackpot from an elite or premium elite box (or the Time Piercer), it will not reset your Karma.

Nova_Force
09-20-2016, 02:31 PM
Karma is the devs way of saying "pay more and we will improve the "randomness" in your rng.

Mrdr
09-20-2016, 03:21 PM
Karma is the devs way of saying "pay more and we will improve the "randomness" in your rng.

Nailed it!

KILLSHOT707
09-20-2016, 04:28 PM
Proof or not legit.lol

Ronin9572
09-21-2016, 03:19 AM
It's cool they did this. But sad to see all these ppl complaining cause they haven't got a karma JP in 2+ days of it being active...smh. Seriously just play and enjoy the game!

LOOKxATxTHISxI
09-21-2016, 09:44 AM
In the last few days we've gotten a lot of new information about the karma system, spread across different threads. Here is the collective of that information, summarized and with sources.

What is it?
-Karma is patron only.

How does it work?
-Karma collects from participating in Holiday/Special Arkfalls, and purchasing their Synergy Boxes.
-There is no visible way to check your Karma, the item will either be sent to claims, or appear in your inventory seconds later.
This should be stickied. Good post

Lordofbattle
09-21-2016, 10:13 AM
People are not complaining because they have played two days without a jackpot, they are beginning to ask questions because they were given expectations that have not been met. A lot of said "complainers" are getting close to 100 majors without an Oj let alone a jackpot while other players both patron and non-patron already have multiple jackpots with less majors completed. So yes people are going to start becoming skeptical and "complain"....and thank you Altras for spending the time to collect this info. and post it.

Crack
09-21-2016, 11:17 AM
Being that Karma is account based, does that include both regions? I jump on the EU early in the morning for 30+ minutes then on to the NA servers for 6~8 hours throughout most days. If the systems counts for both as same account, then its going to put me in the position of avoiding my EU play.

Altras
09-21-2016, 11:19 AM
Being that Karma is account based, does that include both regions? I jump on the EU early in the morning for 30+ minutes then on to the NA servers for 6~8 hours throughout most days. If the systems counts for both as same account, then its going to put me in the position of avoiding my EU play.

I believe it would be different from server to server.

Bloodbath82
09-22-2016, 01:50 AM
People are not complaining because they have played two days without a jackpot, they are beginning to ask questions because they were given expectations that have not been met. A lot of said "complainers" are getting close to 100 majors without an Oj let alone a jackpot while other players both patron and non-patron already have multiple jackpots with less majors completed. So yes people are going to start becoming skeptical and "complain"....and thank you Altras for spending the time to collect this info. and post it.

Id have to agree here been to 155 mjrs and not even an oj but my nonpatron clanmates have already pulled jps. I think we need more info from the devs because it doesnt seem to be working as advertised

clay marrow
09-22-2016, 02:04 AM
pulled a B6 with karma yesterday.... it works!!!!

xXxDSMer
09-22-2016, 05:44 AM
yeah.. starting to have my suspicions.

I've been on as long each day as several other clanmates, hit as many arkfalls, and watched them get at least 3 jackpots - while I'm still at zero.

Oh & I've had a patron pass the entire event aside from about an hour lapse yesterday.

Smokey Black
09-22-2016, 06:16 AM
Pulled a zodiac with karma it does work.

Ronin9572
09-22-2016, 07:20 AM
Pulled a zodiac with karma it does work.

Glad to hear of ppl getting these! Alot of ppl are running around complaining about karma and than come to find out they're not Patrons. So that's why their not receiving one, lol.

Rhettro
09-22-2016, 07:23 AM
Karma is definitely working. I have seen a significant increase in JP drops.

FreshCakes
10-05-2016, 08:00 AM
Had to dig deep for this, wish it was on the front oage. Thank you for the information!

Bentu
10-05-2016, 09:18 AM

What is it?
-Karma is patron only.

How does it work?
-Karma collects from participating in Holiday/Special Arkfalls, and purchasing their Synergy Boxes.

And then changed half of what was said with this.

Hey All,

I wanted to clarify a statement I said earlier in this thread that was incorrect. When looting a jackpot, both the standard jackpot roll and the Karma roll appear 15 seconds after the event ends. When we created the Paradise Karma system, we had to move all jackpot wins to this type of distribution. Currently, there is no way for players to discern whether their jackpot was a Karma win, or a regular jackpot win. However, the overall amount of jackpots that players are receiving should be substantially higher, and we are definitely seeing that across the board.

I do apologize for this confusion, and I hope that this clears up some concerns players had of non-patrons getting karma jackpots. Thanks again for all the feedback on the system, and we hope you continue to get good drops!

Having a system where you cannot differentiate between a normal rng drop and a Karma reward is plain and simple wrong.
We know why it's done this way so we're not able to know when and how to farm the event and let's be honest it must be reasonably easy to do if they've had to hide how it works.

Also what wasn't explained is why people are getting karma drops straight off the bus when the event started.
This lead some to believe that the karma has an rng element where it shouldn't as they stated that the more you play the more you'll get.

Well if people did get karma rewards straight away then there's something wrong with that also.

Now we also have multiple rewards for zz and beta jps.
Yes I've heard of multiple cc and gg drops but from the rewards I've seen in chat zz and beta far exceed them.

DEATHBRINGER210
10-05-2016, 09:25 AM
And then changed half of what was said with this.

Having a system where you cannot differentiate between a normal rng drop and a Karma reward is plain and simple wrong.
We know why it's done this way so we're not able to know when and how to farm the event and let's be honest it must be reasonably easy to do if they've had to hide how it works.

Also what wasn't explained is why people are getting karma drops straight off the bus when the event started.
This lead some to believe that the karma has an rng element where it shouldn't as they stated that the more you play the more you'll get.

Well if people did get karma rewards straight away then there's something wrong with that also.

Now we also have multiple rewards for zz and beta jps.
Yes I've heard of multiple cc and gg drops but from the rewards I've seen in chat zz and beta far exceed them.

i have see more aa and zz drop more than anything

doctordabs
10-05-2016, 01:23 PM
Karma works for arkfalls - it doesn't work for bitstore boxes, which I was lead to believe from reading destro's post... maybe i misunderstood it but i thought you had one karma wheel for event AF's and one for Bitstore event boxes - so getting a karma drop from majors wouldn't reset your bitstore karma wheel... yet i've spent over 150, .. closer to 200usd on THIS event (let alone the ****-load of money spent over the last few years), and still no bitstore box jackpot...

Destromathe
10-05-2016, 01:28 PM
Karma works for arkfalls - it doesn't work for bitstore boxes, which I was lead to believe from reading destro's post... maybe i misunderstood it but i thought you had one karma wheel for event AF's and one for Bitstore event boxes - so getting a karma drop from majors wouldn't reset your bitstore karma wheel... yet i've spent over 150, .. closer to 200usd on THIS event (let alone the ****-load of money spent over the last few years), and still no bitstore box jackpot...

You are correct doctordabs, there are two separate systems for lock boxes and events. I have checked on your account, and I do see that you have currently accumulated karma that will help any future purchases. I am sorry to hear about the bad luck, but I can assure you that every lock box from here on out will have greatly increased chances to drop a jackpot. This will also roll into the next event if you wanted.

Rest assured that winning a jackpot in an event does NOT reset your lock box karma.

drumnut001
10-06-2016, 12:03 AM
I constantly feel ripped off by Defiance. I have had the patron pass for this entire event with no jackpot. I got a couple ojs from the event, and a couple ojs from the weekly Tarr crates, but I've got the feeling that the only jackpot I see will be in someone else's hands.
I got 1 jackpot from each of the last 2 events without a patron pass, but none in this event WITH the pass. Frustrating. It feels like an empty promise. "Buy the patron pass, get a much better chance at a jackpot, etc." Blah, blah. Likely never again.

Bentu
10-06-2016, 02:31 AM
I constantly feel ripped off by Defiance. I have had the patron pass for this entire event with no jackpot. I got a couple ojs from the event, and a couple ojs from the weekly Tarr crates, but I've got the feeling that the only jackpot I see will be in someone else's hands.
I got 1 jackpot from each of the last 2 events without a patron pass, but none in this event WITH the pass. Frustrating. It feels like an empty promise. "Buy the patron pass, get a much better chance at a jackpot, etc." Blah, blah. Likely never again.

This is why I am adamant about having a Karma meter of some sort.

At the end of the day they are selling you a pay to win product, they're saying that but buying a patron pass you are on a certainty of pulling a jp at some point the more you play.

Well there's something wrong with that when some people are pulling jps only hours in and then there's people like yourself who haven't had one halfway through week two.

In my own experience I have pulled up to about 4/5 jps during an event across 4 servers and I'm roughly on par with that.
I've got a Cosmic and Reality splitter on the xbx eu main toon which I wanted so I'm happy with that but two zz on the xbx na is off if they are both karma as I believe as you are basically buying these jps through the patron pass you are entitled (there's that word) to one of each jp dependant on how many you pull, but that would depend rightly on how much you play.

Anyway if you're going to continue to use the karma system please introduce a karma meter of some sort.

doctordabs
10-06-2016, 03:43 PM
You are correct doctordabs, there are two separate systems for lock boxes and events. I have checked on your account, and I do see that you have currently accumulated karma that will help any future purchases. I am sorry to hear about the bad luck, but I can assure you that every lock box from here on out will have greatly increased chances to drop a jackpot. This will also roll into the next event if you wanted.

Rest assured that winning a jackpot in an event does NOT reset your lock box karma.

dude it doesn't bother you in the slightest that a player has to spend over 200 bucks to get a karma-based jp?

drumnut001
10-10-2016, 12:04 AM
Well, that was a load of BS: The event is officially over for me. I bought the 30 day patron pass. Played EVERY day, as much as I could (I work a 40 hr a week job), looking for and going to as many of the event arkfalls I could find, and got 0 jackpot items. Not even the less than desirable sniper.
Guess who won't be getting another patron pass again.
If I could send Trion some "karma" I would, to bite them right in the *****.
Now they will probably ban me for swearing. That would be kind of hard to do since I will be taking a break from this game.
I hope you enjoy that free money you got from me for nothing.

passe
10-10-2016, 12:49 AM
I have used about 4k-5k BITs to NVF- and Razor boxes and I am a patron. I have done over 200+ majors and a little bit less minors. I have got only ONE jp (Cosmic Champion). I hardly even get OJ guns during this event.. And I am ALWAYS at top20 in the ranking... Explain to me how this Karma system is supposed to be working please? Obviously it's NOT for me. I play with xbox360.. MANY PEOPLE have complained about this issue too in Europe server.. Its always the same people who hoard all the JPs and OJ Mods etc... It has always been those people, and still are. I DO NOT believe there is any kind of Karma system until they introduce some kind of meter for it or something like that.. There is nothing we can see from that the system really exists.. At this point I believe that it does NOT exist, or that it exists but doesnt work, or is VERY glitchy.. We all know TRION and how they do things, and how they help or respond to their player's issues, so this issue shouldnt be a surprise to you guys.

D34d10ck
10-10-2016, 07:34 AM
Have patron ground it out like the old days 300+ major arkfalls 200+ minors even chased the crystals in the majors and no jp haven't pulled a jp since original solstice event. This sucks always have had patron and I've seen people play half as much as me pull 10+ jps something is stacked in this deck bc many people have no patron hardly play and pull multiple jp weapons.