PDA

View Full Version : Great job on Master of the Universe

kettlecooked
09-22-2016, 02:09 AM
I just wanted to say great job on the Master of the Universe (and bombardiers in general). He-man reference alone is awesome, but I'm pleasantly surprised at how different it is from other smgs. It's a refreshing change. Tyvm!

On a sidenote, I've never used an Obliterator before, so now I'm curious to try that out.

KptBomba
09-23-2016, 02:13 PM
buged weapon
1 bombardier bypas monitor with shield with 0 blast radius and make normal damage - mass cannon/purgatory hit for 0
2 deadly cascade dont work
3 mad bomber dont work

W84IT
09-23-2016, 02:46 PM
Not an OP weapon in any way,low dps actually,but awesome fun gun to use...kudos to the dev team for this one.

Wurm
09-23-2016, 03:18 PM
buged weapon
1 bombardier bypas monitor with shield with 0 blast radius and make normal damage - mass cannon/purgatory hit for 0
2 deadly cascade dont work
3 mad bomber dont work

And it causes lag in warmaster amirite? :rolleyes:

1) No it doesn't, you still have to get behind them to hit them.

2) I notice the difference when targeting groups, try it on the stacked DM Monitors during a major, the damage numbers do go up a lot.

3) No idea, I don't use that ability anyway.

Tug Nut
09-23-2016, 07:24 PM
Mad bomber and shock trooper both work on it I have done extensive testing on this its just mad bomber is hard to notice because this is such a fast firing explosive weapon and dam its fun thk you devs

Sir Dan
09-24-2016, 02:23 AM
Credit where credit's due - it's a good gun.
I only have a bombardier but it is a fun playstyle with this weapon.
Good job.

clay marrow
09-24-2016, 02:41 AM
Awesome new weapon indeed!!!

ARB82
09-25-2016, 08:42 AM
Isnt the MK1 Bloodhound similar?

No Identity
09-25-2016, 08:45 AM
Nope, it isn't!

DEATHBRINGER210
09-25-2016, 08:52 AM
i was in pvp using a t4 nvf smg with only t3 mods . and doing great. i have no need to oj it. its great as is . thanks trion

r1p
09-25-2016, 08:55 AM
Isnt the MK1 Bloodhound similar?

The Bloodhound uses the SMG ammo pool like the MoTU but that is pretty much it. The BH uses guided rocket launcher mods instead of SMG mods, has a lower max mag capacity, and does way less damage.

ARB82
09-25-2016, 10:17 AM
I meant on principle. SMG firing rockets. Still a big fan of the BHound

missmar
09-25-2016, 12:38 PM
I meant on principle. SMG firing rockets. Still a big fan of the BHound

As mentioned by r1p, they take from SMG ammo pool and they fire an explosive projectile, that's about where the similarities end...

The bloodhound is lock-on/homing, shoots at like half the fire rate and has half the mag size of MotU.

W84IT
09-25-2016, 04:57 PM
i was in pvp using a t4 nvf smg with only t3 mods . and doing great. i have no need to oj it. its great as is . thanks trion

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD dont use this weapon in pvp,in the hands of a experience player every weapon is OP...
Someone going to cry NERF

DEATHBRINGER210
09-25-2016, 05:52 PM
FOR THE LOVE OF GOD dont use this weapon in pvp,in the hands of a experience player every weapon is OP...
Someone going to cry NERF

trion is never going to nerf the motu its perfect . or the nvf smgs. i dont even have to waste t4 mods in them :)

W84IT
09-25-2016, 07:01 PM
trion is never going to nerf the motu its perfect . or the nvf smgs. i dont event have waste t4 mods in them :)

thank god...will they buff it? :D

DEATHBRINGER210
09-25-2016, 07:16 PM
thank god...will they buff it? :D

it doesnt need a buff . it just perfect . even a t2 nvf smg with t2 mods

PowderPuff1991
09-25-2016, 07:45 PM
it doesnt need a buff . it just perfect . even a t2 nvf smg with t2 mods

The Purgatory was perfect too, from a PvE point of view. But they still found a way to ruin it.

DEATHBRINGER210
09-25-2016, 08:00 PM
they will never ever ruin a perfect gun like the motu and nvf smgs

Wuzu
09-25-2016, 08:36 PM
The Bloodhound uses the SMG ammo pool like the MoTU but that is pretty much it. The BH uses guided rocket launcher mods instead of SMG mods, has a lower max mag capacity, and does way less damage.

Not to mention the NVF's don't cause shake screen and lag, which is a big plus.

They are fun and a refreshing new weapon type. GJ devs.

kronzilla
09-25-2016, 09:16 PM
I will say the reload animations on my MotU are a lil off. The animation either stops half way through it (no ammo is reloaded) and i have to restart the reload, or does 2 in a row (successful reload) . Is there any particular reason why it can have a velocity mastery, but no velocity rolls on it / them in general? at least not from my attempts to get one on it. Supremed / converted to syphon and loving it.

Fasti
09-27-2016, 03:03 PM
Is there any particular reason why it can have a velocity mastery, but no velocity rolls on it / them in general? at least not from my attempts to get one on it.

Hey!

I checked on this for you. The Master of the Universe is a unique weapon so it has a couple gene pools to pull from.

The Mastery bonus rolls from the Explosives category because it acts as a sort of rocket launcher, but the regular rolls pull from the SMG category so you can get Velocity on Mastery but not a regular bonus.

kronzilla
09-28-2016, 02:26 PM
appreciate the response thank you for the info!

Bentu
09-28-2016, 03:21 PM
As mentioned by r1p, they take from SMG ammo pool and they fire an explosive projectile, that's about where the similarities end...

The bloodhound is lock-on/homing, shoots at like half the fire rate and has half the mag size of MotU.

Kind of makes you think the BH could do with a buff and why the hell were they all nerfed.

DEATHBRINGER210
09-28-2016, 04:03 PM
Kind of makes you think the BH could do with a buff and why the hell were they all nerfed.

they got nerfed because of pvp. they had the same range as a guided rocket launcher.

W84IT
09-28-2016, 04:53 PM

cause pvp mate,cause pvp....

clay marrow
09-28-2016, 06:12 PM
they will never ever ruin a perfect gun like the motu and nvf smgs

the sarcasm is real...

on topic, i now have a MOTU and i have to say this is as fun and cool a weapon to use as any..its not going to get you points at an arkfall like the predator or a good bmg will (BLAH) but its as bout as awesome as anything in the game now... GG

thumb
09-29-2016, 09:46 AM
The nerf is coming, the possibility of double mag rolls has their attention

DEATHBRINGER210
09-29-2016, 10:12 AM
the sarcasm is real...

on topic, i now have a MOTU and i have to say this is as fun and cool a weapon to use as any..its not going to get you points at an arkfall like the predator or a good bmg will (BLAH) but its as bout as awesome as anything in the game now... GG

and the extra long range on them is awesome . you dont even have to be inside the arkfall circle and lag out . just stand way outside the circle and shoot into the arkfall . its the best smg ever

DEATHBRINGER210
09-29-2016, 10:13 AM
The nerf is coming, the possibility of double mag rolls has their attention

double mag rolls. try 3 with mastery .