PDA

View Full Version : Nvf smg what barrel did you prefer?

DeacTodd
09-29-2016, 09:08 PM
What do you prefer the dmg barrel or the falloff barrel?

Chump Norris
09-29-2016, 09:18 PM
Power Bore.

I didn't think they had falloff so i'll have to make sure later.

Spike Chaos
09-29-2016, 09:26 PM
Power Bore all the way

DEATHBRINGER210
09-29-2016, 09:42 PM
i have one with a ionic all i see is crit damage numbers pop up. it does great.
it has oj crit to btw

Verga DeFuego
09-29-2016, 10:02 PM
It depends on your style. If don't mind getting in your target's face, then my first choice would be ionic followed by power bore. If you prefer to keep some distance, then I'd go with a sustained power muzzle.

I checked and sustained power muzzles are available for NVF.

Ea Rapture
09-29-2016, 10:10 PM
Sustained Power muzzle ftw

Johnny Gatt
09-30-2016, 03:45 AM
I have used power bore on my syphon bombardiers
Ionic on my rad with oj crit.
I have a few with meh rolls that have falloff barrels. The extra range makes up for what they lack in rolls.

Normally I use falloff on smgs that have good dmg rolls. In this case it is due mostly to saving power bores and ionic for other weapons.

r1p
09-30-2016, 03:56 AM
Ionic barrels are only going to benefit a NVF SMG that has a high crit roll because the base crit is so low. The sustained is completely useless (or should be) because it is a rocket launcher and explosive's do not have falloff. So in most cases the answer is power bore.

konstantinov
09-30-2016, 04:41 AM
I put a suppressor with a heart beat monitor on mine.

Sevrin
09-30-2016, 07:09 PM
I haven't noticed much falloff for these * (is there any?), so either power or crit depending on your other rolls. But rule of thumb, go power bore.

* Edit: At least not normal SMG falloff.

Celldweller
10-01-2016, 12:04 AM
there is in fact falloff. i would suggest falloff barrel for anything other than the jp MOTU which has a better range in comparison to the standard versions.

Skiller115
10-01-2016, 04:25 PM
there is in fact falloff. i would suggest falloff barrel for anything other than the jp MOTU which has a better range in comparison to the standard versions.

There is no falloff! Projectile weapons do not have falloff If you use anything other than a Power Bore you should feel bad for your foolishness.

Bentu
10-01-2016, 07:15 PM
Sustained Power muzzle ftw

Same here........

Verga DeFuego
10-01-2016, 07:51 PM
Ionic barrels are only going to benefit a NVF SMG that has a high crit roll because the base crit is so low. The sustained is completely useless (or should be) because it is a rocket launcher and explosive's do not have falloff. So in most cases the answer is power bore.

I think r1p has it. I did some testing, and the NVF SMG's do not seem to have any falloff, and their crit is is so low that an Ionic barrel would barely be noticeable. On this particular SMG, power bore FTW.

xXxDSMer
10-01-2016, 09:10 PM
There is no falloff! Explosive weapons do not have falloff If you use anything other than a Power Bore you should feel bad for your foolishness.

fixed that for you.

& actually ionic is a valid barrel mod for nvf smgs as well (including motu).

But all the people that have said sustained power muzzle... you're getting exactly not a flogging thing out of your barrel slot. Falloff barrel does not extend range nor increase any kind of damage for ANY kind of explosive weapon.

on range: velocity mastery does increase the range of these smgs from 65 meters, to 80 meters. Maybe farther but kinda hard to get a measured distance on targets that are actually hittable farther than 80 meters lol

Riyo Chuchi
10-01-2016, 11:46 PM
Yeah I hate to burst all you falloff barrel user's bubbles but the falloff isn't doing a thing. Your SMG is shooting rockets. Just think about that for a second. Since when do rockets have any falloff whatsoever? They don't. Can we get a dev in here to clear this up?

Fisherman Joe
10-02-2016, 12:56 AM
I put a power bore on my motu. I always put power bores on all my ar/lmg/smgs and +dmg barrels on all others too except high crit pistols and the some high crit snipers, but that's just my preference.

Chump Norris
10-02-2016, 02:00 AM
on range: velocity mastery does increase the range of these smgs from 65 meters, to 80 meters. Maybe farther but kinda hard to get a measured distance on targets that are actually hittable farther than 80 meters lol

This is great to know, thank you.

Ronin9572
10-02-2016, 05:04 AM
Would be nice to get some data on these. Whatever charts,graphs you know. Its not that I don't believe many of you, but this is a new type of weapon. I'm sure someone will figure this out eventually.

Sevrin
10-02-2016, 08:59 AM
Would be nice to get some data on these. Whatever charts,graphs you know. Its not that I don't believe many of you, but this is a new type of weapon. I'm sure someone will figure this out eventually.

Not hard data here. But yesterday during an event major, using an OJ NVF smg, I shot targets at an estimated 5, 25 and 40 meters (and beyond but not sure of distances). Didn't notice any falloff in the damage numbers. For normal SMGs, I'm pretty sure, falloff begins at about 15 meters, is quite noticeable at 25 meters and is very significant at 40 meters. Again, nothing scientific here just my observations.

Oh btw. My understanding of falloff distance is that distance at which bullet damage begins to decrease. The falloff distance is different for various bullet weapons but, generally, does not apply to explosive or bug weapons. I am happy to be corrected if I am misunderstanding the term.

Hexthat
10-02-2016, 09:10 AM
ionic, cause all hits on darkmatter are crit hits

DEATHBRINGER210
10-02-2016, 11:27 AM
ionic, cause all hits on darkmatter are crit hits

thats what i said

Fasti
10-05-2016, 02:24 PM
Just to clarify, the MOTU does behave like an explosive weapon rather than an SMG in terms of falloff.

Antony Harrist
10-05-2016, 07:28 PM
Thanks for clearing that up