PDA

View Full Version : What really Grinds my Gears?

Ryu Soba JP
10-03-2016, 04:05 PM
I'll tell you. I haven't played Defiance since last Thursday. I've been off on ps4 playing Destiny. Today literally moments ago. I logged into Defiance. Spawned in at the fork, collected a Tarr Crate, fast traveled to a friend who was in a Major Event Arkfall, scored 7398 points with 19:06 left in the final and guess what happens?

I hard froze. Took less than 6 minutes. Now, I've been on my ps4 which runs multiple apps at once while playing Destiny and haven't had a single problem gaming. I've played other games on my ps3 and haven't had a single issue. I log in to Defiance after being gone for 3 days and freeze 6 minutes after logging in.

Tell me again why I would want to keep playing your game? Or why I should buy the next cool bundle? This is what really grinds my gears. Stuff like this.

KILLSHOT707
10-03-2016, 04:26 PM
It's an old game now and it will not be getting better. Enjoy it while you can because nothing lasts forever.

Spike Chaos
10-03-2016, 05:00 PM
At this point its either get used to it or stop playing the game lol. No point in complaining about this anymore it will not be fixed. We all want it changed but they will not do it so at this point we just have to accept the way it has been for 3 years.

Kuroro
10-03-2016, 05:08 PM
And you have the money to pay patron pass,I have problems to get euros for my psn from spain so I cannot pay and now the game has become pay to win.Imagine my situation,now I only play pvp or expeditions,and chinatown sieges sometimes,I have a lot of fun playing those sieges.But the gear chase is out of my view

NullWolf
10-03-2016, 05:24 PM
Defiance was/is a pc game that was designed to run on aged consoles.
Its a small miracle it works as well as it does and isn't filled to the gills with aimbots/invincibility, blowing everyone up on the map, flying vehicles,etc. like other games with online play left on PS3.

@Dan while you might take the PP bonuses and karma system as p2w I see it easily as a lowering of the prices.
NVF jps are some of the cheapest jps I've seen because enough people are pulling em that demand is surpassing the prices, even the ar which is almost always the most expensive is relatively cheap t6'd.
And with the flood of more easily available af, many t6 weapon prices have lowered and even the price in the buying and selling of af has started to go down, even if just a tiny amount

Kuroro
10-03-2016, 05:39 PM
@Dan while you might take the PP bonuses and karma system as p2w I see it easily as a lowering of the prices.
NVF jps are some of the cheapest jps I've seen because enough people are pulling em that demand is surpassing the prices, even the ar which is almost always the most expensive is relatively cheap t6'd.
And with the flood of more easily available af, many t6 weapon prices have lowered and even the price in the buying and selling of af has started to go down, even if just a tiny amount

I dont think so,how an useless shotgun as beta-6 worths 4-5m? that is the usual price for it,just an example.I am out of the market and the gear chase,as a lot of other players are out too due to pay to win players having advantage.Not only that,now they have a lot of t6s because patron pass has unlimited arkforge capacity and with the boost they can do 600 arkforge per hour fast runing IOLS.But whatever,IŽll enjoy what is left for me and the other free to play players: expeditions,pvp and funny sieges

NullWolf
10-04-2016, 01:03 AM
Dan B6's have been getting bought and sold for 1 to 3 mil since after the first week and theres simply no way possible to make 600 af an hour even with the fastest of speed runners and all boosts active, 200 maybe just maybe but 600 is just ludachris

Valani
10-04-2016, 05:31 AM
They would say everything's working as intended, but that sucks though.

PithHelmetIrath
10-04-2016, 05:47 AM
I've been saying it for a long time now.. one of my fondest days in gaming was when I retired my PS3 for a PS4. And I honestly feel sorry for people on my PSN who are still playing the same old and tired PS3 games..

Lamar Kendrick
10-04-2016, 09:31 AM
what grinds my gears are........

when doing an event major then the npcs and players starting to moonwalk. automatic ps3 reset for me

doing chimera daily and if it's cronkhite and i've been in the game for more than 10 mins., i expect a disconnection once i get in or if i do get it and go to the teleporter, i'll get disconnected

or doing explosions 101 and going inside the hulker. the cutscene is so nice, they have to do it twice, and twice pressing the triangle button

more but i'm too lazy to type it all

Bloodbath82
10-04-2016, 12:12 PM
Tired of paying for patron only to have no clue when it @$!#in runs out. Is it really so much to ask just a lil gauge that tells you patron is going to expire so it doesnt happen MID EVENT.Ill tell you how you can fix this game.............shine it up turn it sideways and cram it up your candy @$$. I will not purchase anything further untill i can SEE when im about to lose patron.

ZamboniChaos
10-04-2016, 02:30 PM
Tired of paying for patron only to have no clue when it @$!#in runs out. Is it really so much to ask just a lil gauge that tells you patron is going to expire so it doesnt happen MID EVENT.Ill tell you how you can fix this game.............shine it up turn it sideways and cram it up your candy @$$. I will not purchase anything further untill i can SEE when im about to lose patron.

Hey there! I'm not sure if you're aware of this, but if you log into your account on our website (https://glyph.trionworlds.com) and click on Defiance, you view your remaining Patron time there. Hope this helps!

stoodakiss
10-04-2016, 04:36 PM
Hey there! I'm not sure if you're aware of this, but if you log into your account on our website (https://glyph.trionworlds.com) and click on Defiance, you view your remaining Patron time there. Hope this helps!

clicked on the link, logged in then clicked on defiance; the only thing related to patron passes was to purchase one. is this feature you speak of available for console players? clicked on transaction history too and it did not show a purchase history either?

DEATHBRINGER210
10-04-2016, 05:16 PM
clicked on the link, logged in then clicked on defiance; the only thing related to patron passes was to purchase one. is this feature you speak of available for console players? clicked on transaction history too and it did not show a purchase history either?

its only for pc

stoodakiss
10-04-2016, 06:19 PM
its only for pc

well that answer had a 1 in 3 shot of being helpful and relevant

Fallen_Aingeal
10-04-2016, 06:56 PM

Doesn't work for consoles {the red-headed stepchild}. My history shows
Jan 10, 2014 PC_FREE_TRIAL_SILENT $0.00 Purchase
Jan 13, 2014 $0.00 Cycle End

Extremely helpful to see when my pass expires...:rolleyes:

Ryu Soba JP
10-06-2016, 08:52 AM
Oh, by no means is hard freezing the only issue I have that really makes me stay away. Players and enemies walking in place then disconnecting. Broken gear. Pay to win. Phasing issues. The list goes on and on.

@Null, those things do exist in the game. Aimbots, godmode....

This game caters to PC and console gets put on the back burner. We get told we wear tinfoil hats when we post about the stuff we experience in game. I do spend money but I expect things to work. The NVF lobber has been broken since release, Trophies, stability, List goes on.

Last night I hard froze 2 times almost back to back. 1 time trying to open a vendor another time in a major arkfall.

I think it's funny when CS suggest something that is PC only or doesn't make sense at all.