PDA

View Full Version : Defiance Livestream Question Thread - October 7th

Fasti
10-05-2016, 12:42 PM
http://www.trionworlds.com/defiance/wp-content/uploads/sites/5/2015/11/defiance-header.jpg

Greetings!

If you have questions for the Defiance livestream, please post them here. I'll be collecting the questions on Thursday at 4 PM PDT (11 PM GMT).

Thanks!

Bentu
10-05-2016, 12:47 PM
The team took their time to answer questions in the last live stream, it gave it a less rushed feeling about it.

Keep it up please.

Edit. I do have a question about the karma "effect".

I think you need to introduce a karma meter of some sort so people can see what they're working towards.
I'm not asking for specifics on how it works or how many majors are required to be done to pull a jp but by putting extra emphasis on the patron pass by saying hey buy a pp and you'll get a jp at some point just isn't good enough when some people get one within hours of the event starting and some still haven't pulled one halfway through week two.

DEATHBRINGER210
10-05-2016, 12:51 PM
when is the nade refresh getting fixed in pvp?
when is the new syn exploit getting a fix?
when is the new content pop window glitch getting fixed ? alot of players have it. its causing us to crit out and lag.
http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?241900-New-Content-Popup-Glitch&highlight=content+pop
are we ever going to get a way to transfer between our toons?
when are yall going to come up with something else for us to use all our ark salvage?

rita mortis
10-05-2016, 01:00 PM
When is the glitch of not receiving daily weekly rewards going to be addressed and fixed having waited more than 4 months you're now ripping the hole out of it

Johnny Stranger
10-05-2016, 02:35 PM
You told us that after a major, if we were disconnected after the rewards screen , our Jackpot would go to claims...This clearly did not happen to me...Rewards screen showed a mod, no gun ,so this meant I was to receive a JP , waited for the JP name to appear on screen..poof, dc'd, log back in , no JP ..please explain ...get rid of the delay ....please.....

VesperLynd
10-05-2016, 04:56 PM
Nothing useful to buy in paradise vendor. Put some arkforge in there or other rep boxes like tarr. Gunslinger needs its own rep and vendors.

Johnny Stranger
10-05-2016, 05:40 PM
Nothing useful to buy in paradise vendor. Put some arkforge in there or other rep boxes like tarr. Gunslinger needs its own rep and vendors.

Yes , have 1 k in rep , zip to buy in paradise

Zoomer12
10-05-2016, 05:49 PM
Can we get a graphics option to turn other player visuals off, including bugs from their guns to improve performance.

Can items like scrip / ammo etc... be made to not appear on the ground and instead appear in a players inventory to free up visuals during conflicts?

Also can we expect any QOLs in the future. Things like revamping the inventory menus would be awesome.

Spike Chaos
10-05-2016, 06:24 PM
Is the Mass Lobber going to be fixed to where it stops shooting sideways and to where the full synergy actually works? And to where the explosives stop disappearing in mid air during majors

Hexthat
10-05-2016, 10:01 PM
Double-tap to roll, can you switch the default?

from true to false

Sir Dan
10-05-2016, 11:28 PM
Can we get an option to disable the blinding effect from bmg, mass cannon, typhoon, etc.

Can the devs forego at least one event and focus on bug fixes.

WhiteStrike
10-05-2016, 11:35 PM
Are there any plans for PvP?

You guys said you add plans for DLC. You revealed to us that we will have Supremable Arkbreakers. However, will the new Arkbreakers have a new syn? The original syns are pretty bad when compared to the Event and BitStore syns so they'll have much better variants available that don't require killing a boss and praying to RNG Jesus to not get a Volge Recon Rifle.

Riyo Chuchi
10-05-2016, 11:40 PM
Lol what about the battle rifle? I get a bunch of on ones all the time. I'd rather get the recon one lol

*Edit* Will battle rifle drops be removed from the game since they are so useless? Lol

PithHelmetIrath
10-06-2016, 06:20 AM
Will re-skinned weapons be the only "new" content players will see in-game?

What's in the works for Extra Life 2016?

Will console users ever see a (fully functional) Patron Pass countdown timer?

WhiteStrike
10-06-2016, 06:23 AM
Can you explain exactly how Speed Boosts stack?

r1p
10-06-2016, 08:42 AM

from true to false

I missed something along the way, is there a reason that this matters?

Hexthat
10-06-2016, 08:53 AM
I missed something along the way, is there a reason that this matters?

Yes, after hard freeze it resets.

Altras
10-06-2016, 08:56 AM
1. If I bought drew dinner could i take him home?
2. Does destro know how to belly dance?
3. Would Ocho find it satisfying to groom rarnok'''s beard?

(I know they aren't relevant but i really want to know)

WobBLingGHoSt
10-06-2016, 08:57 AM
I need helmets.

DiskoSvir
10-06-2016, 09:10 AM
Any chance on letting us see ping ingame, both ours and from other players? It would be easier to figure out which side causes disconnections or lag, yours or ours.

Jimmie Mac
10-06-2016, 09:43 AM
Yes, after hard freeze it resets.

Actually for me on PS3 every time I launch the game it resets double-tab to roll ON. Hex and I are probably saying the same thing though. I don't like double-tab to roll (I can't imagine why anybody would but I'm wrong quite often so... hahahaha). Having to reset this value EVERY SINGLE TIME I launch Defiance is a pain. It should just save the value you set it to.

klaboo
10-06-2016, 10:00 AM
Can we get the option to turn off display of XP, "critical kill" and "chain kill"?

r1p
10-06-2016, 10:22 AM
Actually for me on PS3 every time I launch the game it resets double-tab to roll ON. Hex and I are probably saying the same thing though. I don't like double-tab to roll (I can't imagine why anybody would but I'm wrong quite often so... hahahaha). Having to reset this value EVERY SINGLE TIME I launch Defiance is a pain. It should just save the value you set it to.

Huh I wasn't aware that was even an issue. I agree with you that it should be saved permanently instead of changing the default to false because it just becomes someone else's problem instead of fixing it. It's kind of the same issue with the setting for duel invites. I have had the setting set to false since the first week that I started playing but I still get them.

WhiteStrike
10-06-2016, 10:54 AM

Yes, this happens to me as well. It is incredibly frustrating.

missmar
10-06-2016, 11:40 AM

from true to false

Also, can you allow controllers to be able to crouch without rolling? Two separate binds?

As it is, controller users can only crouch AND roll, or only roll.

Would like a crouch only bind for controller.

ALSO can you give a shoutout/announcement for the PC NA Community PVP day? We're going to try to fill Monterey matches to the brim, and then at 5 PM PDT / 8 PM EDT start queueing for Shadow Wars!

EDIT: How about multiple colors for the inventory "favoriting" stars??? Items get sorted by the color of the stars? Green to green, red to red, yellow to yellow, pink to pink, purple to purple.... etc... could use same system as right now, just left arrow to cycle through colors

Donk
10-06-2016, 12:39 PM

Agreed there's nothing to use Paradise rep on in vendor stuck at 1500 for months now. .

r1p
10-06-2016, 12:41 PM
EDIT: How about multiple colors for the inventory "favoriting" stars??? Items get sorted by the color of the stars? Green to green, red to red, yellow to yellow, pink to pink, purple to purple.... etc... could use same system as right now, just left arrow to cycle through colors

It would be better if they just replaced the current inventory interface with the one that they created for the Exchange. A lot of the work is already done.

stoodakiss
10-06-2016, 02:55 PM
what time is the live stream at on october 7th?

Mantater
10-06-2016, 04:21 PM
Agreed there's nothing to use Paradise rep on in vendor stuck at 1500 for months now. .
Like arkforge from Chimera or even lockboxes?

hotmomma
10-06-2016, 06:02 PM
I just want pink outfits and pink guns or yellow.. I will spend whatever I have to in bits If this happens. Muahaha!

W84IT
10-06-2016, 06:55 PM
It would be better if they just replaced the current inventory interface with the one that they created for the Exchange. A lot of the work is already done.

that would be great

Logain
10-06-2016, 07:50 PM
Anyway you could show us how the new Hulker Hell guns work in a teir 30+ expedition?

300 Argo Boominators
10-06-2016, 08:40 PM
I play on xbox do you have good player count still or will it be canceled I see that trove made it to Xbox 1 when or if or
Will it make iT to Xbox 1 thank you also checkout trion wicpedia destro pazzap

Make the boom booms bombastic

kane93
10-06-2016, 10:08 PM
I have specific questions about the RNG.

Do players who bought the game before it went free to play have a higher RNG then people who are free to play or bought the game after it went free to play?

Do people who bought the DLC have a higher RNG than those who did not?

Was the RNG reduced after the karma system was implemented?

Does everyone have the same RNG, not counting the karma system?

Thanks, and I appreciate any answers I receive.

Riyo Chuchi
10-06-2016, 11:03 PM
I have specific questions about the RNG.

Do players who bought the game before it went free to play have a higher RNG then people who are free to play or bought the game after it went free to play?

Do people who bought the DLC have a higher RNG than those who did not?

Was the RNG reduced after the karma system was implemented?

Does everyone have the same RNG, not counting the karma system?

Thanks, and I appreciate any answers I receive.

Every player has a different RNG. It's not fair but that's why you see some people pull better gear than others. It's always the same players. I know I have a better RNG than some of my friends but it is also worse than some of my other friends lol

kane93
10-07-2016, 02:31 AM
Every player has a different RNG. It's not fair but that's why you see some people pull better gear than others. It's always the same players. I know I have a better RNG than some of my friends but it is also worse than some of my other friends lol

Can you be more specific? Do you know the reasons why others have better RNG?

Bentu
10-07-2016, 03:18 AM

from true to false

I keep getting this pop up whenever I go to sniper ridge.

There's also another control function that's a miss.
There's a hidden move backwards function tied to one of the analogue sticks and as I have to remap the controls on the controller the move backwards re assigns itself to a random button depending on how I re map the controls.

On my eu xbx toon it makes me do a twirl every time I take a stim and also won't let me dodge roll forward.

Would be nice to get a fix for this.

It's only been 3 years now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6S-Pp0KYFGM&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Smokey Black
10-07-2016, 06:11 AM
Can you please add new jp items to the Top Notch, VBI and Soleptor rep vendors. Last time you said it would be sooner rather then later but we are not that far from later at this point.

Fasti
10-07-2016, 08:23 AM
what time is the live stream at on october 7th?

10:30 am pdt

PilotStarck
10-07-2016, 11:33 AM
Hello, people! How can i get my prize? I was called as winner whitin livestream. But i dont know what to do next.

Logain
10-07-2016, 11:34 AM
Nuts, missed it. Anyone have the replay link? Also was there a bundle?

Smokey Black
10-07-2016, 11:49 AM
Nuts, missed it. Anyone have the replay link? Also was there a bundle?

+1 would like to know what happened. Anything noteworthy?

konstantinov
10-07-2016, 11:50 AM

I said lots of funny things.

Logain
10-07-2016, 11:54 AM

Here is stream feed link if you are interested. Let's see if there was anything interesting. Other than Hulker Hell coming up.

https://www.twitch.tv/trionworlds/v/93527282

Smokey Black
10-07-2016, 12:50 PM
Here is stream feed link if you are interested. Let's see if there was anything interesting. Other than Hulker Hell coming up.

https://www.twitch.tv/trionworlds/v/93527282

Thank you sir, so far brand new vehicle and giant pumpkins

sounds like we have a dirtbike or motorcycle.

Logain
10-07-2016, 12:53 PM
Thank you sir, so far brand new vehicle and giant pumpkins

Yeah not a fan of the bundle personally....

Gord of War? SMH.

Fasti
10-07-2016, 03:43 PM
Thanks to everyone who came out for the livestream this week! I'll get the prizes sent out to the winners once the new content is live on October 17th. Please hang in there!