PDA

View Full Version : My Awesome Pvp Setup

Jigglypuffs
04-07-2013, 11:29 AM
Main gun: Infector (Called a Canker ego lvl 244) is fully automatic and has a bug damage of 174
Secondary: BMG (they are all the same...more healing u can mod it the better)

Main Skill: Blur
Secondary Skills (In order of importance)
Thick Skinned (50% less dmg for 3 seconds once shields break)
Escape Artist (run faster when shields break)
Rear Guard (less dmg from behind)
Blast Shield (less radius from explosives)
Fail Safe (less dmg while shields recharge)
Grenade: Frag with 0.0 detonate time
Shield: Highest capacity I can find

Using this I just run up put half a clip into someone and then kite away while healing and laughing as they die around the corner.

Usually die once an entire match and have around 10 kills and 10 assists (if you heal yourself while killing someone you get an assist as well as a kill. Also the bugs that spawn from the dead enemies get you assists)

Try it out!

Honved
04-07-2013, 11:31 AM
Main gun: Infector (Called a Canker ego lvl 244) is fully automatic and has a bug damage of 174
Secondary: BMG (they are all the same...more healing u can mod it the better)

Main Skill: Blur
Secondary Skills (In order of importance)
Thick Skinned (50% less dmg for 3 seconds once shields break)
Escape Artist (run faster when shields break)
Rear Guard (less dmg from behind)
Blast Shield (less radius from explosives)
Fail Safe (less dmg while shields recharge)
Grenade: Frag with 0.0 detonate time
Shield: Highest capacity I can find

Using this I just run up put half a clip into someone and then kite away while healing and laughing as they die around the corner.

Usually die once an entire match and have around 10 kills and 10 assists (if you heal yourself while killing someone you get an assist as well as a kill. Also the bugs that spawn from the dead enemies get you assists)

Try it out!

This is the build I have the most trouble with, no matter what ability or what load out lol.

Jigglypuffs
04-07-2013, 11:59 AM
Some other things of note: did some testing and you cannot get critical hits with infectors and Overcharge does not increase the damage of the dot (which is like 96% of the damage infectors do). In fact nothing increases the bug/dot damage. The dots don't apply until you have hit your target at least 4 times. Oh and the little bugs that spawn do like 700-1000 dmg.

Emo Panther
04-07-2013, 02:56 PM
Hahaha! Yes! A fellow Canker user! I salute you good sir.

Galdoblame
04-07-2013, 03:05 PM
+1

nice build sir,i'll try it out

Jigglypuffs
04-07-2013, 03:21 PM
Hahaha! Yes! A fellow Canker user! I salute you good sir.

:) As I do to you

Also when modding the barrel. You want to get the damage x1.05, not the bug damage x1.05.

Unkillable
04-08-2013, 02:56 AM
Some other things of note: did some testing and you cannot get critical hits with infectors and Overcharge does not increase the damage of the dot (which is like 96% of the damage infectors do). In fact nothing increases the bug/dot damage. The dots don't apply until you have hit your target at least 4 times. Oh and the little bugs that spawn do like 700-1000 dmg.

I could have sworn i saw some sort of crit in the numbers... can the DOT crit? that is my real question. maybe the actual DOT can crit.

mimneotic
04-08-2013, 03:31 AM
I could have sworn i saw some sort of crit in the numbers... can the DOT crit? that is my real question. maybe the actual DOT can crit.

It cannot.

craigland
04-08-2013, 06:54 AM
I have felt that the infectors are extremely weak. Should I look into them a little more?

Ronan DEx
04-08-2013, 07:10 AM
I know infector play is strong, I get wrecked by it enough! but #i simply abhor it..

I've spent my time using a pump shotty (electric) and cloak. and doing that lame thang :P with my meteor bolter just incase.

DC Zero
04-08-2013, 07:41 AM
I know infector play is strong, I get wrecked by it enough! but #i simply abhor it..

I've spent my time using a pump shotty (electric) and cloak. and doing that lame thang :P with my meteor bolter just incase.

I also have a meteor bolter in my inventory that I never use. It says it knocks targets back when you hit them but does this work in pvp? I tried it a couple of times and it didn't seem to work.

Bluntski
04-08-2013, 09:26 AM
No sonic strike? No increased blur duration? These are musts.

Aeekto
04-08-2013, 09:44 AM
No sonic strike? No increased blur duration? These are musts.

Not even close! Theyīre absolutly wasted Slots!

In term of effectiveness:
EGO recharge perks > EGO power duration perks
shooting during blur > punching during blur

Here you can see one of my severall builds i use in PvP and how effective it is without your "musts":

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LKZzkE6F5Gw

Bluntski
04-08-2013, 09:56 AM
Lol spam that shotty!

It depends really. I have a legendary that gives 10% reduced Ego cool-down every-time I reload. Also, you have plenty of perk slots to get duration AND decreased cool-down.

If you aren't using melee AND shooting during blur you are doing it wrong. You missed a lot of melee opportunities in the video. Hell, blur by default has a melee component.

Aeekto
04-08-2013, 10:01 AM
If you aren't using melee AND shooting during blur you are doing it wrong.

Lol.... so because i do it wrong i lead the killboards all the time and because you do it right you are at the bottom of it and need to complain about everything like cloaked shotties and other stuff?
seriously...thanks... you made my day :D

Every decent player will kill you if you try to punch him or even avoid every single try until he get called a "cheater" or complaints start about something being OP he was using

And just to make it easier for you:
movement a.k.a. strafing > running straight up to an enemy to try to punch him
(btw base knowledge for every fast paced shooter)

Bluntski
04-08-2013, 10:10 AM
Wow you have quite the e-peen.

So many times in that video you could have gotten faster kills by meleeing. You are using blur which has a melee component built into it.

I am never at the bottom of the boards and I get melee kills all the time. You use a fotm weapon, that's where most of your "skill" comes from. Plus, most of those opponents were pretty terrible.

Aeekto
04-08-2013, 10:14 AM
Wow you have quite the e-peen.

So many times in that video you could have gotten faster kills by meleeing. You are using blur which has a melee component built into it.

I am never at the bottom of the boards. You use a fotm weapon, that's where most of your "skill" comes from. Plus, most of those opponents were pretty terrible.

and again you are absolutly wrong..... this weapon is the less used of all because its TTK is a lot higher than all the other shotguns/weapons..... the FOTM shotgun is a "Grind-Fragger", "Nano Fragger" and "FRC Heavy Scattergun" btw.
you should realy stay with the truth if you try to defend your points.

And meleeing in a 1vs3 or 1vs4 fight instead of strafing???? :D
i canīt take you serious on that..... it seems like you are kidding or itīs your first shooter and you realy believe what you said.

Bluntski
04-08-2013, 10:16 AM
All shotguns are fotm at the moment. Don't kid yourself.

You can melee and strafe at the same time. It's not too terribly difficult. I wonder why blur has so many melee buffs...hmmm.

Aeekto
04-08-2013, 10:26 AM
All shotguns are fotm at the moment. Don't kid yourself.

Iīm out.....itīs getting realy ridiculous with all your crying and complaining about everything you canīt handle.
Maybe i should start acting like you, generalize everything and start crying/complaing about grenades beeing OP in PvP because i died to a skitterling in PvE :rolleyes: thatīs exactly the same you are doing for everything.

Bluntski
04-08-2013, 10:30 AM
People like you that equate crying with legitimate balance concerns are what ruin PvP communities. No surprise you defend shotty's since you use one and all.

greatdividers
04-08-2013, 10:49 AM
No surprise you defend shotty's since you use one and all.

you realize that you're posting this in a thread where the person in question posted essentially a guide to a build that ISNT a shotgun build? he merely posted that video to prove your claim wrong, which it was.

Unkillable
04-08-2013, 10:52 AM
yo guys,

you have to chalk it up to a play-style choice fellas. at this point in the game release (only a few days) we cannot start ranting about valid and un-valid weapon styles.....YET. lol -just my opinion.

I have went on to test some ideas i had concerning this setup. i played alpha but never got into infectors, i too played only the (Cloak & Shotty) in PvP and i never played any PvE in the Alpha.

A few things ive been doing:

1.Canker Infector + BMG - all modded correctly (Infectors with "Scope slots" (bottom slot) dont seem to be good because infectors have no "basic vendor buyable" scope slot..as far as i can see)

2. Perks

A. Thick skinned (Less DMG taken when shield breaks)
B. HP Perk (+225 hit points)
C. + 6% OVERALL DMG reduction - less dmg done to you overall
D. + 3% Passive HP regeneration

I know some of you guys might think this to be an odd setup and very not-flashy / reactive. I would see your point and understand it already without even needing to read the post.

This was a test to see if you could run a baseline boosting build and have it be worthwhile, and i found that this works quite well. The tactics are basically the same as the OP for a exception of the Grenade choice. i like to run a Burn DOT fire nade, that does a FIRE DOT. i just think its a decent compliment to the Dot style of the INF/BMG build.

what this build gives me is survivability + BMG use + Blur cooldown escapes = It takes a cloaked shotgun user pointblank LOSing me or a group of about 3 to take me down.

if i get out my BMG while trying to kite and THEN tap BLUR, i can heal AS i slip away extra fast.

if any of you guys would care to test this, its pretty damn tanked out (with fast movement) let me know here.

Bluntski
04-08-2013, 10:53 AM
you realize that you're posting this in a thread where the person in question posted essentially a guide to a build that ISNT a shotgun build? he merely posted that video to prove your claim wrong, which it was.

Huh?

Every build can be be a shotgun build and I wasn't referring to the OP.

XyCaptainPlanet
04-08-2013, 10:57 AM
What Does DOT Stand For Exactly?

Escalith
04-08-2013, 10:58 AM

Here you can see one of my severall builds i use in PvP and how effective it is without your "musts":

They aren't musts, but they aren't wasted either.

Just cause certain powers don't fit your playstyle doesn't mean they are a waste.

Yes, some people might find Meleeing to be a waste, but spinning around and hitting a cloak shotgunner with a 3.5k+ melee in the face is quite effective.

Then again, I like to compare meleeing more to panic kniving from CoD; instead of charging in and hitting them like in - say - Mass Effect (3).

Bluntski
04-08-2013, 10:59 AM
What Does DOT Stand For Exactly?
Damage over time. Fire for instance.

XyCaptainPlanet
04-08-2013, 11:01 AM
Thank You Very Much Bluntski

R3N3GADESN1P3R
04-08-2013, 11:07 AM
Why is it that any discussion about pvp becomes this is op, no that Is op. The maps are tiny of course shotguns are gonna work. In shadow war you only get killed by a shotgun if:
A) you aren't very good
B) you aren't very aware of enemy movements
C) Ghost blast lol.
I've been killed by a ghost and it's pissed me off but I just made it my mission to get better and decrease the likelihood of that happening. Not to come to the forums and cry for a nerf . Why can't we just shoot each other in the face?

Bluntski
04-08-2013, 11:13 AM
Why is it that any discussion about pvp becomes this is op, no that Is op. The maps are tiny of course shotguns are gonna work. In shadow war you only get killed by a shotgun if:
A) you aren't very good
B) you aren't very aware of enemy movements
C) Ghost blast lol.
I've been killed by a ghost and it's pissed me off but I just made it my mission to get better and decrease the likelihood of that happening. Not to come to the forums and cry for a nerf . Why can't we just shoot each other in the face?

Do you play on PC? Because shotguns are very prolific whenever I hop into a shadow war. The problem is that the maps are SO tiny that there is almost no point in using anything but a shotgun. I don't care about egos or skill, I care about healthy PvP and currently PvP in Defiance is far from healthy.

Jigglypuffs
04-08-2013, 11:29 AM
Ty Blunski for hijack'n my thread. But your avatar is so beautiful I can't fault you too much for your opinion which is what it is.

Anywho, Unkillable you have the right idea! When kiting and healing the speed burst from Escape artist is so nice I can't stress it enough. Give it a test. That and thickened skin are life savers and a must.

As for the whole you should be melee'n concept. Yes its true that melee is nice. But it is only nice if strafing/kiting isn't required. The nice thing with blur and infectors is you can strafe at full speed and not miss a shot hipfiring. While any other gun I've gone up against has a major problem landing targets. If the person is reloading, or trying to snipe you point blank or especially if using explosives rush in and get some pistol whips in. But most of the time I'm kiting noobs with shotguns spamming at me from 15m away thinking they have a prayer of killing me. If I try and run up to them because i have blur on then I become the noob. You see? Melee damage is relative low anyways you will kill much faster and at a safer distance with an infector.

R3N3GADESN1P3R
04-08-2013, 11:54 AM
Ty, yes I do play on pc and I am behind you all the way on the maps being small. I come from a shooter background for the most part a, Lil wow and planetside. I just feel on these forums, as most, people as for "a nerf" instead of balance. Look how bad wow has gotten, or battlefield.

Honved
04-08-2013, 01:26 PM
Lol.... so because i do it wrong i lead the killboards all the time and because you do it right you are at the bottom of it and need to complain about everything like cloaked shotties and other stuff?
seriously...thanks... you made my day :D

Every decent player will kill you if you try to punch him or even avoid every single try until he get called a "cheater" or complaints start about something being OP he was using

And just to make it easier for you:
movement a.k.a. strafing > running straight up to an enemy to try to punch him
(btw base knowledge for every fast paced shooter)

True statement is true, especially with blur, run zigzags with a shotty, they might ping you once or twice, nothing big.

Klebaten
04-08-2013, 07:08 PM
People like you that equate crying with legitimate balance concerns are what ruin PvP communities. No surprise you defend shotty's since you use one and all.

Wish I could give you a +1 forum rep but this is the truth. Everyone uses shotguns and cloak because it is so easy to do well with a very shallow learning curve. Doing well with pistols and sniper rifles in PvP has such a steep curve people jump back before falling over it. I prefer to use ARs because they do not shoehorn me into a single style of play and make use of good fields of fire, avenues of approach, team tactics and using it as an actual suppression tool. It is a more dynamic, complex level of game play that adds depth where there would be none. Shotguns on the other hand are immensely shallow and amounts to who gets the first shot and shoots faster, nothing more. Twitch shooters are good for short term play, around a year or two at most. But for a game that wants to be an MMO, it has got to steer from that path if it wants to retain a foothold. PvP content is one of the large staying powers and people who would like something beyond simple twitch tactics will leave in droves for something better.

Mr Mikah
04-09-2013, 02:17 AM
How in the world is meleeing during blur not effective? Epessially when your using an infector
Infector lvl bonus nets you between 15% and 75% increase to melee. That's 600 damage right there mate
45% if you get an infector based around mele damage thats another 400 damage
60% from blur thats another 500 damage on your melee
30% if your shield breaks thats another 250
Plus the base of 800 congrats you now punch for 2550 damage enough to 1 hit kill anyone

Mr Mikah
04-09-2013, 02:19 AM

No just no in terms of meleeing with blur its totally worth it if your using an infector.

Aeekto
04-09-2013, 02:28 AM
How in the world is meleeing during blur not effective? Epessially when your using an infector
Infector lvl bonus nets you between 15% and 75% increase to melee. That's 600 damage right there mate
45% if you get an infector based around mele damage thats another 400 damage
60% from blur thats another 500 damage on your melee
30% if your shield breaks thats another 250
Plus the base of 800 congrats you now punch for 2550 damage enough to 1 hit kill anyone

theory ≠ reality

against some unexperienced new players it could work, but every decent player will avoid being meleed or is even able to dodge every single try..... most even kill you before you get into melee range or use a biohazard weapon.

Mr Mikah
04-09-2013, 02:42 AM
theory ≠ reality

against some unexperienced new players it could work, but every decent player will avoid being meleed or is even able to dodge every single try..... most even kill you before you get into melee range or use a biohazard weapon.

Hehe im not saying you can't take a 2nd weapon with a longer ranger. What I am saying is it offers players that use injectors a competent way to deal damage at close range without using a shotgun. I can easily select an assault rifle as my secondary but if I get in range a melee a quick pop of blur a punch and KO your on the floor

Mr Mikah
04-09-2013, 02:43 AM
Im just trying to give use to an over looked game mechanic and make it legitimate. Btw there is a melee range in which auto lock occurs and it can't be avoided. Ie if your character lunges forward its a locked melee.

Aeekto
04-09-2013, 02:51 AM
Im just trying to give use to an over looked game mechanic and make it legitimate. Btw there is a melee range in which auto lock occurs and it can't be avoided. Ie if your character lunges forward its a locked melee.

it "can" be dodged with a simple well timed roll ;) autolock doesnīt help there........ but on the other hand you are right with finishing someone off (even i punch some people) but to make it worth using these perks you need to punch most of the time, else every other perk is a higher profit :)

Jitterbug
04-09-2013, 02:52 AM
This is excactly what I run ^^
except i use cloak cause, well... I just like it :-P

Mr Mikah
04-09-2013, 02:56 AM
In theory perhaps you would dodge but how often are you punched in the face, for me almost never, I sure wouldn't expect it. However in terms of perks your only using 2 out of your given 7 or is it 8 I can't remember however a tanky build would defiantly help in overcomming for the short comings of this build. Even if it doesn't work you got 4 other pages for a less situational build if it doesn't work however, im defiantly working on my infector skill, not only because this melee build sounds strong but also because injectors are straight out fun.

DC Zero
04-09-2013, 06:24 AM
Wow I didn't know infector skill increased your melee dmg. I've been trying to play a blur melee build for fun. Its actual harder than it sounds and ive been barely breaking even on my kdr. I might try leveling an infector to see how much it helps.

Would a canker be best to use? Right now the only infector I'm carrying is an immunizer. The long range on it is pretty sweet, but if my goal is to get into melee range...

Aeekto
04-09-2013, 06:52 AM
Wow I didn't know infector skill increased your melee dmg. I've been trying to play a blur melee build for fun. Its actual harder than it sounds and ive been barely breaking even on my kdr. I might try leveling an infector to see how much it helps.

Would a canker be best to use? Right now the only infector I'm carrying is an immunizer. The long range on it is pretty sweet, but if my goal is to get into melee range...

If you want to use infector in CQC you run best with Canker (dot weapon) or Invader (mass bugspawn) ... both have a short/medium range and are fully automatic...... alternativly you can pick the innuculator too (5 cartridges each trigger + bugspawn)
And by infector leveling you gain +15% melee damage (at higher ranks you even get +range trough mastery)

Honved
04-09-2013, 02:20 PM
If you want to use infector in CQC you run best with Canker (dot weapon) or Invader (mass bugspawn) ... both have a short/medium range and are fully automatic...... alternativly you can pick the innuculator too (5 cartridges each trigger + bugspawn)
And by infector leveling you gain +15% melee damage (at higher ranks you even get +range trough mastery)

Hey Aeekto, thanks to mosesofwar we now have a still image of a cloak that is visible like we all keep saying. Spread the word, humiliate the butthurt. XD http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?25279-Here-my-way-to-balance-cloak-(THE-best-way)&p=269946&posted=1#post269946