PDA

View Full Version : Future of Defiance and Possible PS4 and Xbox one release of Defiance 2? Devs?

Haze34
10-12-2016, 07:29 PM
Hey guys, i haven't played Defiance in about almost 2 years. But planning to come back next month when i buy my new rig. I notice on steam charts the population has drop big deal only about 600 plus players. I want to know something, i always like defiance and its one of those games where i would always want to play, so i was curious if Defiance gets shut down one day can the devs make the game offline playable for us to play as a single player game offline? How difficult would that be to do? No online game last forever, but it would be cool if they did make this game offline single player with everything(DLC) intact, and just add bots to appear in the game when fighting at arkfalls.

Was curious also, if Defiance 1 will never make it to xbox and ps4 which honestly doesn't seem like the right idea anyway, were there any plans to make defiance 2 or something similar to it for xbox one and ps4 and for the pc in the future. I guess what I'm asking, what other games is coming from Trion in terms of open world?

I been out of the gaming playing world for months now, my main computer died and i was broke, now that i have a new job , i am getting a new computer next month and buy a new rig and get back playing games. So i was just curious what the fate of defiance is and what new stuff is coming from trion.

P.S. you should also think about making Devilian offline playable as well, that game seems dead and I'm not making that up. Thanks hope to hear from the staff.

Ea Rapture
10-12-2016, 08:38 PM
Well, doubt this will ever go to next gen. Devs have stated that numerous times for the past 2 years.

They won't make this offline. And if they did, there would be nothing to do. There's too much work and money involved in doing either of the two mentioned ideas

xXxDSMer
10-12-2016, 09:16 PM
Best we'll probably get console wise: is backcompat on xbox one.

Bentu
10-12-2016, 10:20 PM
The only person from Trion I'd listen to on this subject is Phantasie and he's not been seen for quite some time in a community manager sort of role.
Always liked his posts, they were knowledgeable and to the point.

The recent team chop and change so much with no we're not going to do something and then they do.

So they could say no and then do it.

I believe it would do well on the newer consoles but whether or not I'd build new toons is another matter.

I think I'd need my characters copied over, for a charge of course.

Haze34
10-13-2016, 05:28 PM
In other words, enjoy the game while its here, because soon it might not be here. And with 600 players, i guess this is the reality. Sad. Guess i will enjoy next month and play it all the time.

mastert336
10-13-2016, 08:05 PM
I was going to actually post something like this but noticed Haze34 already did. So to the Devs... What kinda future can we expect from Defiance, especially when xbox 360 live server end is looming. I enjoy playing this game alot and spend money on this game. Basically what im saying is there any time frame for Defiance to come to an end? Or any idea if this is coming to Next Gen Consoles? Or is there any plans at all for Defiance? The reason why I bring this up is because alot of players are talking aboutit and make me curious if players will stop playing or stop investing in crates because we just dont know the future of Defiance. Will players stop paying for crates if they dont know what is going on? Is there any Dev that can shed light on this? Hulker Hell is right around the corner, I want to buy crates or bundles but is it worth it?

MataC
10-14-2016, 02:29 PM
Yes, this is something we are all wondering.

Plain and simple: is Defiance planned to be supported and developed long term, indefinitely, that is?
We all deserve and need to know...

Ronin9572
10-15-2016, 06:28 AM
I've played many games over the years, and most keep a tight lip on info in regards to longevity and new releases. If a game is closing for good some will let you know and others will milk it for as long as they can before the mass exodus. But for new releases they'll eventually give you news of it to start pre game sales or to do open testing to work out any bugs they missed. Ever since I've been playing many ppl say Defiance is dead and dying, and will be closing soon... and here we are still playing

Triggered
10-15-2016, 11:07 AM
I'd like to chime in on this thread. You all are doom and gloom about the longevity of this game yet you fail to realize the interest this type of game still garners. Just recently a game named Project Genom released on Steam in Early Access. Apparently, it has quite a number of people as the devs had to open new servers up. This game I mention is an unfinished Defiance with more bugs. Defiance isn't going anywhere but it would be nice for Trion to start investing in it. There are profits still to be made and a playerbase still to cater to.

MataC
10-17-2016, 01:28 PM
I'd like to chime in on this thread. You all are doom and gloom about the longevity of this game yet you fail to realize the interest this type of game still garners. Just recently a game named Project Genom released on Steam in Early Access. Apparently, it has quite a number of people as the devs had to open new servers up. This game I mention is an unfinished Defiance with more bugs. Defiance isn't going anywhere but it would be nice for Trion to start investing in it. There are profits still to be made and a playerbase still to cater to.

We are not doom and gloom, we are genuinely concerned about the game and it's future.
We aren't getting enough info from devs about it. Apart from regular events, there is nothing new and nothing new being announced and discussed.
When will we get new open world zones, story lines, coop maps etc, etc?
We're in the dark here.

I'm well aware of Project Genom (and have been for more than three years); it looks amazing and will certainly try it.
You're absolutely right that these type of games, especially MMO-s, are very rare and demanded and that's something that Trion should really use in their advantage.

Invictus Asmodeus
12-11-2017, 09:24 AM
the player base for xbox one and ps4 are now nearly 10x that of the player base of xbox 360 and ps3, i know from playing another free to play game from new consoles that defiance could easily thrive, but if the devs wanna keep defiance only on current platforms it will die, theres no way around it, there will come a day when xbox 360 and ps3 is just a memory, and that isnt to far off, look at ps2 and ps1 and the original xbox, the system are just collecting dust, its been the same with every outdated system, so, if the devs dont wanna upgrade, then theyre just buying time till they can say "the player base is to small, we're cancelling defiance"

Appollonia_69
02-17-2018, 02:10 AM
I was going to actually post something like this but noticed Haze34 already did. So to the Devs... What kinda future can we expect from Defiance, especially when xbox 360 live server end is looming. I enjoy playing this game alot and spend money on this game. Basically what im saying is there any time frame for Defiance to come to an end? Or any idea if this is coming to Next Gen Consoles? Or is there any plans at all for Defiance? The reason why I bring this up is because alot of players are talking aboutit and make me curious if players will stop playing or stop investing in crates because we just dont know the future of Defiance. Will players stop paying for crates if they dont know what is going on? Is there any Dev that can shed light on this? Hulker Hell is right around the corner, I want to buy crates or bundles but is it worth it?
The game IS coming to Ps4 and Xbone.
I can't post a link here...but Google Defiance Ps4? Or a similiar search subject.
There is an article that Trion stated they are currently working on it and showed the
Interviewer gameplay for Ps4.
Wish I could post the link..let me know if you find it or not, you could check out thier Twitter..
I posted the link on thier Twitter a few times...:)