PDA

View Full Version : Medics viable at start?

Price of Ambition
02-22-2013, 02:12 PM
So with that bio-gun that heals your companions will it be available at the start of the game and will they even be worth using?

They said that level really isn't a factor in this game that even with disparity a lower level can still pose a risk to anyone. So my question is if I am low level with a bio-gun with a higher level friend will that gun even help to keep them alive? I really enjoy support classes myself.

Will the Ego Power overload work with the healing gun?

IGears
02-22-2013, 02:34 PM
So with that bio-gun that heals your companions will it be available at the start of the game and will they even be worth using?

They said that level really isn't a factor in this game that even with disparity a lower level can still pose a risk to anyone. So my question is if I am low level with a bio-gun with a higher level friend will that gun even help to keep them alive? I really enjoy support classes myself.

Will the Ego Power overload work with the healing gun?

Im not sure on the Overload working for the BMG. But my opinion would be, "Why Not!" ( Herm Edwards voice)

cyphrsphyr
02-22-2013, 02:59 PM
yes...true true smitch

Smitch
02-22-2013, 03:11 PM
Might want to be careful with your NDA there Cyphr...They've shown the BMG on a couple of live streams. They seem to work just fine even for lowish ego characters. There is another livestream soon (if not started already) at http://www.twitch.tv/trionworlds - Can always ask the Devs/CM's when it's Defiance time.

Duskguy
02-22-2013, 03:54 PM
would like to know as well. sometimes i like playing the guy running in up front, sometimes i like hanging back, and sometimes i like healing friendlies. in planetside 2, i can do all of that. in defiance i understand you pick a base class and need to learn to use other guns, and base class just gives you a starting boost in a specific gun type.
but would i want to bother healing friendlies? will it be worth anything? get points or anything? or should i just stick to shooting enemies?

I'm not in the game, so while i want info, i dont want anyone to breach NDA, so if possible, any moderators able to run the questions by some upper management?

Nos
02-22-2013, 04:21 PM
That is a good question . I would like to know myself.

Duskguy
02-22-2013, 06:43 PM
asked about this in the live stream. healing guns DO give experience, and there is only one healing gun, although there are multiple "types", whatever that means. and there is a secondary ability in which the healing gun "sucks" the life out of enemies.

to the healing gun has a heal and damage function. and there are no better or worse i assume, just a standard gun?

Desidus
02-22-2013, 07:47 PM
My guess about types would be the way they heal.. Large amounts/pulse, smaller amounts/more duration more continuous or something like that.. maybe even a healing over time type.

Duskguy
02-22-2013, 07:53 PM
My guess about types would be the way they heal.. Large amounts/pulse, smaller amounts/more duration more continuous or something like that.. maybe even a healing over time type.

that would make sense. i am glad however that there wont be like "power" levels to the different healing guns.

i am assuming, now that you brought it up, that there will be one that heats up after continuous use and heals as you channel it, another that restores a certain amount at a single shot or something, while another, as you said would work over time.

would be interesting combining effects both for healing and for damage, assuming what we think is close to true.

Desidus
02-22-2013, 08:21 PM
that would make sense. i am glad however that there wont be like "power" levels to the different healing guns.

i am assuming, now that you brought it up, that there will be one that heats up after continuous use and heals as you channel it, another that restores a certain amount at a single shot or something, while another, as you said would work over time.

would be interesting combining effects both for healing and for damage, assuming what we think is close to true.

Yep all guesswork until we see it in action...

krazymuffinman9
02-22-2013, 08:40 PM
Apply for the USRRC and get a leg up above the rest of the people that start. go to forums.defiance.com and go to Guild Recruitment and go to the USRRC thread to apply.

Price of Ambition
02-22-2013, 08:47 PM
Apply for the USRRC and get a leg up above the rest of the people that start. go to forums.defiance.com and go to Guild Recruitment and go to the USRRC thread to apply.

That is not the point of my thread. Please refrain from posting such recruitment's. Thank you, have a nice day.

Vercilles
02-22-2013, 08:55 PM
*Additionally to the character leveling system there will be a weapon type leveling system as well. The more you use a certain type of weapon eventually you will level and it will raise the stats for that weapon type.

Found here: http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?1869-Compiled-List-of-Frequently-Asked-Questions

This will probably affect healing weapons as well. So if you were to focus on just healing you could become a more traditional "healer" than the average person that just picks up a healy stick.

Price of Ambition
02-22-2013, 11:56 PM
Well it is good to know that healing will be so proficient. I look forward to the game just a little bit more now. I wonder if there will be a special medic outfit to wear if you do it long enough ^_^

Desidus
02-23-2013, 05:32 AM
Well it is good to know that healing will be so proficient. I look forward to the game just a little bit more now. I wonder if there will be a special medic outfit to wear if you do it long enough ^_^

Oh probably be a healer quest or something along those lines to get it.. who knows.