PDA

View Full Version : String Missing and so was the patch.

J3R3MIAHS
10-17-2016, 01:21 PM
Yeah....just logged on talked with people in party, they patched in and see Hulker Hell name, I see 433XX_STRING_MISSING on everything. Bought the bit pack and won't span the car or van or makeshift SUV.....please fix.

Bentu
10-17-2016, 01:25 PM
That's the fastest I've patched too, wonder how long before it comes down lol.

C2THEMAX
10-17-2016, 01:28 PM
I went to dashboard and reloaded the game. It's patching now so I would try that. I'm on xbox so I don't know if it will work for ps3 and pc's.

hellspawnx19x
10-17-2016, 01:31 PM
That's the fastest I've patched too, wonder how long before it comes down lol.

really, ive been patching for almost 3 hours now.....

Omega Maximus
10-17-2016, 01:32 PM
I went to dashboard and reloaded the game. It's patching now so I would try that. I'm on xbox so I don't know if it will work for ps3 and pc's.

No...its not patching. I am also on Xbox 360 and just tried to repatch and whereas the patchnotes are there, it loads really quickly and theres the String Missing and normal synergy on the weapons being dropped at Event Arkfalls.

hellspawnx19x
10-17-2016, 01:34 PM
No...its not patching. I am also on Xbox 360 and just tried to repatch and whereas the patchnotes are there, it loads really quickly and theres the String Missing and normal synergy on the weapons being dropped at Event Arkfalls.

Im on xbox 360/na

cowboyhemi
10-17-2016, 01:35 PM
ive tried repatching multiple times, it wont do the actual patch for me

C2THEMAX
10-17-2016, 01:37 PM

That sux. I was hoping it would work for others since I had the same problem. Hopefully a dev will see this thread and do a hotfix so everyone can play. Best of luck and happy ark hunting.

Destromathe
Hey All. For those of you having this issue, are you using a digital version of the game or the disc?

J3R3MIAHS
I'm on N/A and have toons on EU....EU allows patch....gonna let it and log back on N/A.

Oh and good job on masteries! I like the 1.20crit on supd crits.

Omega Maximus
Update....those problems were occurring on the EU server...so I just exited the game, cleared my system cache on Xbox 3 times, then I reloaded the game...and chose the NA server this time.....NOW IT IS PATCHING!!!

HyDrOpOnIc1987
10-17-2016, 01:38 PM
Same thing here. The event is useless to half of us till the devs decide to check posts. Hope they look soon

J3R3MIAHS
10-17-2016, 01:38 PM
I had the disc and realized that I could do the digital once you made the game free to play. I know people that are disc and hard drive that downloaded the patch as it was still down.

C2THEMAX
10-17-2016, 01:41 PM
Hey All. For those of you having this issue, are you using a digital version of the game or the disc?

I downloaded the game off of live so I no longer need my disk hope this helps you find the problem.

west
10-17-2016, 01:41 PM

i am having this problem, using disc xbox 360 na. restart does not solve patcher does not patch the recent hh patch. hh content is titled string missing

Destromathe
10-17-2016, 01:44 PM
Hey All,

If you are having this issue, please post in this thread with the following information:

* Your Region (NA/EU)
* Your game type (Digital or Disc)
* Does restarting your Xbox fix this issue
* Do you see string missing items in game

Thanks!

cowboyhemi
10-17-2016, 01:50 PM
NA, digital, restarting doesn't help and yes i see string missing

*switching to EU server will allow you to download patch.

Omega Maximus
10-17-2016, 01:54 PM
Hey All,

If you are having this issue, please post in this thread with the following information:

* Your Region (NA/EU)

Thanks!

* Region is EU
* Game is Digital downloaded version
* Restart didnt help, but clearing the Xbox System Cache and then restarting the game and choosing NA server this time, then the patch began to download. Perhaps the same would have worked had I chosen EU Server?
* Before I did this previous step, I was getting String Missing messages, and the weapons I got in the Event Arkfalls were normal Synergy, with STring Missing in the name....although it is definately the new surge pistol, as I have been playing this on the test server the last 2 weeks.

Patch is still downloading....

JaykubZane
10-17-2016, 01:56 PM
Won't patch for me either
Xbox 360 N/A
Digital
Tried 3 times
43358_STRING_MISSING

Restarted console
Now I have the patch notes
Physical HH decorations
Still have 43358_STRING_MISSING

Cleared Cache
Patch notes plus decorations
Still have 43358_STRING_MISSING
(All attempts patched like a normal reenter into the game)

D WIZ FORD
10-17-2016, 01:58 PM
It won't patch for me. Xbox 360 na. I'm using the disc. It says string missing. Restarting my xbox does not help. I tried going to eu server to see if it would start patching. It did but who cares, I don't play on eu. I play on na only. I tried going back to na server, now it seems to be patching. I hope this works and this helps anyone else having this issue.

Morangotico
10-17-2016, 02:04 PM
* xbox-na
* digital
* no
* yes

Destromathe
10-17-2016, 02:06 PM
It sounds like the troubleshooting step of switching your region will allow you to get the patch. We are still looking into this currently. Thanks for all the reports!

Bentu
10-17-2016, 02:40 PM
Hey All,

* Your Region (NA/EU)

Thanks!

EU
Digital
Re starting game didn't solve the problem.
Got string missing gear and mods

J3R3MIAHS
10-17-2016, 02:41 PM
I patched the EU Server, and now I can do the NA

I'm on xbox 360, digital.

Bentu
10-17-2016, 02:42 PM
It sounds like the troubleshooting step of switching your region will allow you to get the patch. We are still looking into this currently. Thanks for all the reports!

Also the bundle isn't showing up in store.
It's just blank with string missing on it.

The bit price is there though.

Got that right.

Destromathe
10-17-2016, 02:47 PM
If anyone is experiencing this issue, please go back to the patch screen, and change your region. Once you have patched on the other region, you will be able to change back to your current region and progress.

D WIZ FORD
10-17-2016, 03:04 PM
The patch worked but it still says string missing?

Bentu
If anyone is experiencing this issue, please go back to the patch screen, and change your region. Once you have patched on the other region, you will be able to change back to your current region and progress.

I've done this and still no difference, it takes about 10 seconds to patch if that.
Guess I'll have to delete patches again.

I would of thought we'd be well past all this kind of thing by now.

Omega Maximus

Destro....in followup to my earlier response.....I did do the patch on NA server, then I played my toon there a bit...now I just switched back over to the EU server....but now the game is REdownloading the Patch??!!! Why?? Why is it redownloading the patch?? This has never happened before....different Patch for different Servers?? Is this going to mess up my play because I play on both servers??

Well..now I have to wait for the patch to download....AGAIN....oh.and wait..I just looked at the time required to download.....it says over an hour to download?? WTF??!! Looks like I am switching back to NA for now until you guys get this fixed!!

cowboyhemi
10-17-2016, 03:08 PM
Destro....in followup to my earlier response.....I did do the patch on NA server, then I played my toon there a bit...now I just switched back over to the EU server....but now the game is REdownloading the Patch??!!! Why?? Why is it redownloading the patch?? This has never happened before....different Patch for different Servers?? Is this going to mess up my play because I play on both servers??

Well..now I have to wait for the patch to download....AGAIN....oh.and wait..I just looked at the time required to download.....it says over an hour to download?? WTF??!! Looks like I am switching back to NA for now until you guys get this fixed!!

same thing for me except this time the patch is twice as long, how cool is that!?

Bentu
10-17-2016, 03:12 PM
same thing for me except this time the patch is twice as long, how cool is that!?

I've switched back and forth and it still takes 10 second to patch.

I'm not doing anymore until I know it's fixed.

Omega Maximus
10-17-2016, 03:18 PM
I've switched back and forth and it still takes 10 second to patch.

I'm not doing anymore until I know it's fixed.

Hey Bentu...try and clearing your Xbox system cache....do it 3 times...then reload the game on NA server..it should patch. But when I switched back over to EU...it said it needed 1.5 hours to download.....the patch only took about 20 minutes on NA server....so not sure whats going on there...waiting to hear back from Destromathe on that one. Hopefully he willl reply to my post.

Brajjaan
10-17-2016, 03:36 PM
Destro, new synergy box is not in loyalty vendor.

Omega Maximus
10-17-2016, 03:40 PM
Destromathe......the Blood effect is missing on the weapons. I played these weapons on the Test Server and so I know that the Blood effect is supposed to be there...but its not showing up on Xbox.

clubside
10-17-2016, 03:57 PM
I know an update is forthcoming but in case it matters:

Tested all 3 NA platforms using download version (no reason to use disc as it installs to HD anyway, code applied to account, why is anyone still using the disc?) PC, PS3 and Xbox 360. All patched fine. Bought event bundle on all 3, played major on all 3, everything was fine.

Omega Maximus
10-17-2016, 04:04 PM
Destromathe......the Blood effect is missing on the weapons. I played these weapons on the Test Server and so I know that the Blood effect is supposed to be there...but its not showing up on Xbox.

Oh...sorry....Blood effect pertains only to the JP weapons..sorry about that!

Nova_Force
10-17-2016, 04:04 PM

Tested all 3 NA platforms using download version (no reason to use disc as it installs to HD anyway, code applied to account, why is anyone still using the disc?) PC, PS3 and Xbox 360. All patched fine. Bought event bundle on all 3, played major on all 3, everything was fine. so you're saying everyone else besides you are completely wrong? How about you consider yourself lucky that you have no problems while others obviously do and let others try to resolve their issues.

Bentu
10-17-2016, 04:11 PM

Tested all 3 NA platforms using download version (no reason to use disc as it installs to HD anyway, code applied to account, why is anyone still using the disc?) PC, PS3 and Xbox 360. All patched fine. Bought event bundle on all 3, played major on all 3, everything was fine.

Just goes to show that it's not the same for all of us eh.
My games on the hard drive too but i had the same problem as everyone else and I'm now patching on the ps3 as it should be.

Unless of course the hot fix is on all systems.

Bentu
10-17-2016, 04:13 PM
Oh...sorry....Blood effect pertains only to the JP weapons..sorry about that!

Makes me wonder about some of the peeps they've got on the pts at times lol :p

Destromathe
10-17-2016, 05:48 PM
Destro, new synergy box is not in loyalty vendor.

Hmm, it should be there. I will take a look, thanks for the report.

Destromathe
10-17-2016, 05:49 PM
For everyone having issues patching, this issue should now be resolved. If you are still having an issue, you may have a corrupted patch. Please go through the normal troubleshooting steps of deleting your cache/patch downloads and re-downloading. I do apologize for any inconvenience.

clubside
10-17-2016, 06:30 PM
Still an issue with double weapon rewards at majors. Plus this was always one of the few events where there were so few enemies you could see them, but this time no enemies and even barriers are disappearing and ammo boxes disappearing from the minimap.

Omega Maximus
10-17-2016, 06:46 PM
For everyone having issues patching, this issue should now be resolved. If you are still having an issue, you may have a corrupted patch. Please go through the normal troubleshooting steps of deleting your cache/patch downloads and re-downloading. I do apologize for any inconvenience.

Hello Destromathe....I downloaded the patch on NA...but when I want to go to EU server, it is wanting me to patch again....but this time the download takes HOURS...instead of the 20 mins it took to download on the NA. What is wrong here? This definately isnt normal as normally one has to only download the new patch on either server...but not for both, and especially not when on one it only takes 20 mins, and on the other it takes 5 hours??

Budmanbob
10-17-2016, 08:27 PM
NA
Disc
No
No
The patch will start then stop. I have gone through the normal protocol and still the same response from patch.

NullWolf
10-17-2016, 09:19 PM
PS3 NA
Digital
For close to 40 minutes it'd just infinitely keep patching before spitting out a "patch error" every so often.
Tried every troubleshooting method possible so now Im redownloading the entire patch.

Hopefully I'll be patched before the 5AM reset, hopefully

Omega Maximus
10-18-2016, 12:48 AM
Hello Destromathe....I downloaded the patch on NA...but when I want to go to EU server, it is wanting me to patch again....but this time the download takes HOURS...instead of the 20 mins it took to download on the NA. What is wrong here? This definately isnt normal as normally one has to only download the new patch on either server...but not for both, and especially not when on one it only takes 20 mins, and on the other it takes 5 hours??

I let my patch for EU Server run over night.....what did I find when I checked this morning......something about Patch Error was on the screen....and now it is trying to download the patch again.....with this 1.5 hour download time!!!! WTF Trion....what is messed u now after your patch last night? I can play on NA, that patch took me about 20 mins...but my main account is on EU...thats where I play 90% of the time...and now I cant get in my account on EU. How about a reply from a DEV on this issue..instead of saything that all is well and everyone should repatch that is still having problems....because guess what.....that aint working!!

Budmanbob
10-18-2016, 03:51 AM
I'm still having the same problem!!!!!!

Budmanbob
10-18-2016, 09:02 AM
This sucks is anyone still having problems downloading patch?