PDA

View Full Version : In regards to outages

Ryu Soba JP
10-21-2016, 12:44 PM
Found this article online. People who might not be able to log in may also be having issues with other non-Defiance related services. Interestingly enough this comes right after the US Government gave the internet to a 3rd party company to manage.

Outages - http://mobile.reuters.com/article/idUSKCN12L1ME

Globalist
10-21-2016, 02:26 PM
yah they gave the icann watch dog agency too the united nations good one

r1p
10-21-2016, 02:32 PM
yah they gave the icann watch dog agency too the united nations good one

I wouldn't trust the UN with half of a sandwich.

Tauriiel
10-21-2016, 02:35 PM
PSN seems to be the only thing I can't access at the moment. Pity, I wanted to do dailies early.

r1p
10-21-2016, 02:37 PM
I would like to add that XBL on my XBox One is working perfectly so why is Sony have so many problems with PSN?

Tauriiel
10-21-2016, 02:40 PM
I would like to add that XBL on my XBox One is working perfectly so why is Sony have so many problems with PSN?

Makes you wonder if they put more money into padding their pockets rather than maintaining the security and functionality of their network. :/

r1p
10-21-2016, 03:26 PM
Dyn finally got their collective crap together. PSN appears to be up again.

NullWolf
10-21-2016, 05:22 PM
I figured something like this was going to occur when Obama regime officially handed control of the internet over to the UN watchgroup though Im surprised the DDOS attacks are being as widespread and successful as they've been.

Guessing these previous few days of outages were just warmups to the main event

Johnny Gatt
10-22-2016, 08:03 AM
The cyber attack is still on-going. Coordinated and sophisticated according to news reports.

Cobra Crusher
10-22-2016, 10:12 AM
It was Trump trying to keep people from watching clips of him getting owned at the debate.

Mr Devlin
10-22-2016, 01:12 PM
Can the political conspiracy crap.... No one government owns or operates the internet! True that if you live in some countries some content may be filtered or excluded, but that's because dictators hate freedom of information so they own the service provider(s). Not the case in the U.S. this was a large scale hack that interrupted internet traffic in some areas, and the Isp's individually had to figure out how to block it.

Lake Superior
10-22-2016, 04:09 PM
The U.S. is as beholden to it's corporate dictators as much any Nation is beholden to whatever clown has their hands on the reins.
While no system is perfect: Time will tell whether it was a smart move to keep the web as independent as it can possibly be.
In any case: The OP should maybe know who to blame before immediately accusing Trion in this case.
http://www.cbc.ca/news/technology/hackers-ddos-attacks-1.3817392

Ryu Soba JP
10-22-2016, 09:35 PM
Well. The group responsible attacked the east coast. Then later attacked the west coast. Said it was just a test and plan on attacking Russian government next due to the supposed hacks to the US government earlier this year (wikileaks) . Per an interview given to AP by someone called "Prophet". So it's hard to "can" the political side of it if their reasoning is political.