PDA

View Full Version : Returning player, question about Karma system

zakuroichi
10-27-2016, 05:20 AM
Hi all,

I read an email about the new Karma system that was set to give PPs a better chance at jackpots. See, I stopped playing Defiance for several months. I was unlucky in pulling JPs (via grinding or buying on bit store) and got frustrated. Since I enjoyed playing the game before, I though maybe this time this Karma system would turn my luck around, to give it another try. Bought my Patron Pass and started grinding on event arkfalls again, major and minor. But I think I am doing something wrong because we are already in the middle of the Hulker Hell event and I haven't pulled a single JP. Does a no-nano legendary weapon reset my Karma coz that's what I've been receiving? Is there a way for me to visually check how much Karma I have now? Thank you for any replies.

PC NA player

Bentu
10-27-2016, 05:54 AM
Welcome back for starters.

Firstly you need to have your system and rewards turned on in chat.
Here you will see the notification of what weapons you received.

Now when you received a normal jp drop as it shows up on the rewards straight away.
You may just see the mod on the reward board but the weapon shows up in chat straight away.

Now we were initially told that the karma jp is basically a second roll of the dice at getting a jp which you've bought with the patron pass and we know it's that because again we're told it'd show up in rewards about 15 seconds later.
The easy way to know this is because you'll get the notification saying that you or someone else has received a string missing jp.

So if you get a jp approximately 15 seconds after the end of the boss fight and it says string missing jp that's your karma jp.

Destro has said that's not how it works and doesn't want us to know how it works and has even said now that receiving either of the jps will restart your karma.

Hope that helps explain it to you.

There's no meter or way of telling how far your karma builds up and there are two.
There's a mjr arkfall one and the bits store box one.

zakuroichi
10-27-2016, 06:42 AM
Thanks Bentu, I've turned on the system and rewards on chat.

But there is still the question why I haven't received a single Karma JP (or any other JP) from grinding arkfalls, since day 1 of HH. I guess it's just my luck.

baka, I should have settled for the 15day PP and not 180d

Bentu
10-27-2016, 07:21 AM
If you're going the arkfall route you only get them from doing mjrs.
In the last event some people got them after doing a couple on day one and it was a week before I got one so the more you do the more you get goes straight out of the window afaic and as it's bought on a pp shouldn't involve rng as the call for more jps was the reason for implementing karma.
I've said it before that there seems no rhythm or reason to it except to entice more people into buying pp.

It's not fairly implemented either as the drops are regulated somehow as during the last event there were untold sniper and shotty jp drops as opposed to the others and the same is occurring again in this one.

I know it seems that I'm salty on the whole subject but I'm not I think it's a good thing but it's just its implementation I have issues with.

Edit. We're also told it's account bound on the system you play on so be careful.
If you only want it to drop on your main character play on your main character or it could drop on a lower alt and if you play on both servers play on the server you want it on to.

zakuroichi
10-28-2016, 10:26 PM
UPDATE
After my previous post I received a lilith after a major. It dropped down from the heavens a few minutes after the event, while I was sorting out my many blue and green loot. Probably somebody from above read my post and pulled some strings “Here son, for all your grief, efforts, and long wait, I bestow upon you a weapon you never liked.” I guess it was just the regular event drop, because I didn’t receive the string missing message from chat box that Bentu mentioned.

I should be happy, a jp is still a jp… But, in the back of my mind, even with the help of PP (allegedly=karma) my luck still cannot compare to a never-dropped-a-single-penny-playing-max-3-hours-a-day-gets-up-to-3-jps-per-event-when-he-feels-like-playing-it friend of mine. Now I remember why I left… lol.

Yesterday I farmed around 8 major event arkfalls, still did not get my Karma JP.
Oh I did the bit store shopping, no luck for me there as well.

But in fairness and RNG aside, I still like this game. Thank you for reading...

stayloc
10-29-2016, 08:34 AM
Now all we need is to have some majors to actually drop, in order to even have a chance at a JP.

Johnny Gatt
10-29-2016, 11:04 AM
Thanks Bentu, I've turned on the system and rewards on chat.

But there is still the question why I haven't received a single Karma JP (or any other JP) from grinding arkfalls, since day 1 of HH. I guess it's just my luck.

baka, I should have settled for the 15day PP and not 180d

If you have cursed rng like I do, it will take a while for you to see a karma drop. Karma , standard rng, supreme roll chances, etc, are all linked to your account. If you are cursed, it is rare to get any of the above. The advantage of karma is that you may get one jp per event, as opposed to no jp's at all this year. I have gotten one jp on ps3 and none on xbox.

Patron has other perks besides karma btw. you may have noticed the Xtra ammo and forge since you returned.

zakuroichi
10-31-2016, 10:18 PM
Day 15 of the HH event, still no karma JP drop.

I thought I should be happy enough cause at least I got a lilith from a regular drop, but apparently a lot of others has it as well and some have multiple. If there is really such a thing as cursed RNG account, as Johnny Gatt mentioned above, then mine is definitely cursed.

Later I will play with my undies inside-out, maybe that will lighten this cursed curse. lol

Bentu
11-01-2016, 12:24 AM
Day 15 of the HH event, still no karma JP drop.

I thought I should be happy enough cause at least I got a lilith from a regular drop, but apparently a lot of others has it as well and some have multiple. If there is really such a thing as cursed RNG account, as Johnny Gatt mentioned above, then mine is definitely cursed.

Later I will play with my undies inside-out, maybe that will lighten this cursed curse. lol

On another forum board I contributed to it was commonly acknowledged that you have to sit on a office chair with your underwear on your head and spin around 3 times, I'm unsure of what direction was best to spin first though.

Re your jp drop though, the jp you got would of re set your karma meter we're told so I'd say you're due one about now.

zakuroichi
11-05-2016, 09:34 PM
This event is almost over.. still no karma JP for me

Claire
11-05-2016, 11:55 PM
I believe they turn off the karma again, 4 days before the event it's over, like someone says in other treat, why they do this ?

Sorry mean (before) stop doing this don't turn off the karma please. Only with event is over.

Fisherman Joe
11-06-2016, 12:12 AM
My karma is still working. I'm still getting plenty of eligos and liliths. I grind around 8 to 12 hours a day and rarely miss an event final thanks to friends/clanmates. The karma jp drop rate didn't change for me all event. Neither did the dropping of more less desired jackpots than desired jackpots. Not sure how many finals you have completed but last I heard you aren't guaranteed a jackpot until you reach 100 finals. Of course you may get one before then and your chances increase each final you do but that's the point where you are guaranteed to get one.

zakuroichi
11-06-2016, 05:14 AM
Good for you Joe. Same here my main toon was able to jump from one major to another, thanks to friends, clannies, and mulitple accounts online in different instances. Though I was not able to count how many arkfalls I've gone to and with work I can't do 8-12 hours of play, but I know I did a fair amount of grinding specially during off-days. The karma drop didn't changed for me as well, it sucked from day 1, I mentioned from my previous post about this friend of mine -never spent a penny in game and plays max 3 hours when he feels like it- he has better gear than I do.

Well thanks for the info, maybe I haven't reached 100 finals or maybe my account is really cursed. We still have until the end of the 7th, so I still have a chance to get my bug gun, lol.

That was a joke, no more bug guns for me please. I beg of you.

Bentu
11-06-2016, 06:22 AM
I mentioned from my previous post about this friend of mine -never spent a penny in game and plays max 3 hours when he feels like it- he has better gear than I do.

That's why karma was introduced to give people who don't get many drops a chance to get something.

Clearly it's not working for you and your friend obviously doesn't need it.

If as suspected karma is just a re roll of the dice at a higher drop rate chance why is rng have anything to do with it.
The more you play rule should override that.
Guess we'll never get the meter I'm banging on about but the whole thing could definitely have been implemented better much like the Exchange.

Will we even get something that works?

PithHelmetIrath
11-06-2016, 09:23 AM
Will we even get something that works?

http://adaptershack.com/m/files/_tmp_php1xna7z_magic8ball1.jpg

Fisherman Joe
11-06-2016, 11:12 AM
I've got extras of lilith, eligos, belphagor and demogorgon. I've given many away already but if anyone wants one free contact me on pc/na. They are between 2k and 6k. I'm on nights eastern US time.

zakuroichi
11-08-2016, 10:44 PM
HH event is over...

Got 1 lilith, a couple of nanoless OJ BRs, and 1 OJ bio pulser. on my alt - no jp, 1 elec oj br (gave to friend), nanoless oj pulser and SG (vendored). I guess karma didn't change much of my luck on drops.

uhmmm... let's just say... hmmm... I have built up my karma for the next event, and will be looking forward for, hopefully not another crappy, JP(s?).

Thank you for the offer Joe and thank you Bentu for the infos.