PDA

View Full Version : co ops matches to devs

10-28-2016, 09:27 PM
idk if if this toopic have been brought up, but id like to ask if yals change the ampunt of ppl required to start a co op map bc even low ego players wont have a chance to find a match and with this new lag even more ppl will have problems finding co op matches

to the point co op = 2 or more not 4 is a must

ps atleast allow ppl to start co ops as solo bc low ego playrs will nvr find a match

Johnny Stranger
10-29-2016, 03:46 AM
no co ops are done on any of my 6 toons....reason , everytime I get on a toon, I cycle through the co ops I need to see if anyone else has q'd...than I q one of the co op's , do an hour or so most times upwards of 2 hours of fun stuff, still no coop ...I have asked in zone etc...getting sick of waiting over an hour and not even doing the contract ....they need to address this ..NOW...

I'm sure something could be done...heck , even auto complete my contract if waiting too long...put an invisible timer bar that runs in the background, if you are q'd more than 1 hour , it autocompletes, AF/Keys awarded, well, you can keep the af/keys , just want the rep ... :) as is, no contracts are getting completed :(

Ronin9572
10-29-2016, 04:22 AM
I don't know why this hasn't been changed ages ago. I mean you can start expo's by yourself, so... why not co ops? I mean theres a forge cap for non patrons...

alien
10-29-2016, 04:39 AM
I don't know why this hasn't been changed ages ago. I mean you can start expo's by yourself, so... why not co ops? I mean theres a forge cap for non patrons...

+1 i'd play more if i knew i wouldn't have to sit 20 minutes waiting for 3 players

Johnny Stranger
10-29-2016, 09:40 AM
+1 i'd play more if i knew i wouldn't have to sit 20 minutes waiting for 3 players

20 minutes ? I've waited 3 hours or so and quit...smh

sixsais
10-29-2016, 10:32 AM

Oh, god. Yes, please. Have some kind of timer where if you have been on queue for 5 mins, the run starts with or without more than one player.

Lake Superior
10-29-2016, 12:18 PM
Oh, god. Yes, please. Have some kind of timer where if you have been on queue for 5 mins, the run starts with or without more than one player.
Absolutely agree.
Between the low population of this game, and folks who won't do certain runs (let alone anything below Expert), this option would be best for those of us that WANT to get our Co-ops done. No matter what map it is.

stoodakiss
10-29-2016, 03:18 PM
this needs to be a thing

ikiloko
10-29-2016, 03:21 PM
EDITED sry

ikiloko
10-29-2016, 03:22 PM
idk if if this toopic have been brought up, but id like to ask if yals change the ampunt of ppl required to start a co op map bc even low ego players wont have a chance to find a match and with this new lag even more ppl will have problems finding co op matches

to the point co op = 2 or more not 4 is a must

ps atleast allow ppl to start co ops as solo bc low ego playrs will nvr find a match

no co ops are done on any of my 6 toons....reason , everytime I get on a toon, I cycle through the co ops I need to see if anyone else has q'd...than I q one of the co op's , do an hour or so most times upwards of 2 hours of fun stuff, still no coop ...I have asked in zone etc...getting sick of waiting over an hour and not even doing the contract ....they need to address this ..NOW...

I'm sure something could be done...heck , even auto complete my contract if waiting too long...put an invisible timer bar that runs in the background, if you are q'd more than 1 hour , it autocompletes, AF/Keys awarded, well, you can keep the af/keys , just want the rep ... :) as is, no contracts are getting completed :(

20 minutes ? I've waited 3 hours or so and quit...smh

Absolutely agree.
Between the low population of this game, and folks who won't do certain runs (let alone anything below Expert), this option would be best for those of us that WANT to get our Co-ops done. No matter what map it is.

http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?249561-Trion-im-tired-of-it

look it on suggestions topic

put your frustrations in this post to help

DEATHBRINGER210
10-29-2016, 04:53 PM
the reason they take 4 to start . is to prevent farming

Tauriiel
10-29-2016, 05:14 PM

If I'm on and you want to run, say the word and I'd be happy to help queue or run with.

Ryu Soba JP
10-29-2016, 05:54 PM
Post edited below.

Ryu Soba JP
10-29-2016, 05:55 PM

Because Conor means more than 1 participant.

Riyo Chuchi
10-29-2016, 10:05 PM
Yeah this does need changed. I stopped doing chimera dailys since I could never get in one.

And 1300 you've got +1 to help start co-op maps. If I'm online I am usually available. And even if I'm busy chasing arkfalls or something I'd at least sit in Q until the match starts. I've got ya lol

10-30-2016, 06:13 PM
Yeah this does need changed. I stopped doing chimera dailys since I could never get in one.

And 1300 you've got +1 to help start co-op maps. If I'm online I am usually available. And even if I'm busy chasing arkfalls or something I'd at least sit in Q until the match starts. I've got ya lol
i know ty riyo

Riyo Chuchi
10-30-2016, 09:22 PM
You're welcome :D

gulac
10-31-2016, 01:14 AM

Well then they would have to change the name because it wouldn't be a co-operative mission if it was for single players.

Then again players don't often co-operate anyway, what with the runners who either leave everyone else to deal with amped up enemies. Or kill everything before you can catch up to them.

Plus their are already "co-op" maps available that you can do solo like "Until the Arks Rise" etc.
Which I don't understand why these aren't included as contract co-ops.

Probably cant be changed without a major code rewrite.

Ronin9572
10-31-2016, 04:15 AM

This comment was made due to the OP's statement. I didn't fall off the turnip truck yesterday, I know what co op means. If your going to be snide, least be funny about it... Ppl are already farming these anyways, speed runners and running outside the maps. Like I said there are caps for non patrons and patrons have paid not to have a cap. Spending hours waiting to start co op maps is ridiculous. Yes many of us can do expert, but what of the newer players, or ppl doing daily contracts.

Lake Superior
10-31-2016, 01:06 PM
... Ppl are already farming these anyways, speed runners and running outside the maps. Like I said there are caps for non patrons and patrons have paid not to have a cap. Spending hours waiting to start co op maps is ridiculous. Yes many of us can do expert, but what of the newer players, or ppl doing daily contracts.
The plain fact of it is that the Co-op is exploitable as far as grouping is concerned.
And the problem extends beyond co-ops: People that are able to multi-box.
In deference to folks running multiple toons in order to farm the game, it's a problem.
Not only does it remove a pool of players from the co-op queue (because a multiboxer can put 4 of their toons in a single group, then use their best gear plus Blur to avoid/quick-run most of the map) it also causes an extra litany of headaches during peak times and events due to the added load on Trion's already "twitchy" servers/netcode.
I will be the first to admit that I take advantage of this ability during events (running two toons at a time); but I am a veritable lightweight as far as that goes. As my PC cannot handle more than that (game chugs when I do it). And I simply refuse to consider doing it in Co-ops.
Added to the above are the folks who either,
A) don't give a damn about other folks in the run and just bolt ahead ignoring any ramifications ("Really? You want me to die and extract to you? How about no? How about I'll be damned if I am going to downgrade my gaming experience to satisfy your impatience?").
Or B) Are in such a tunnel-visioned hurry that they simply don't realise they have left someone behind (Some people are trying to get the maps achievement for example, and will be slow).
In all honesty I wish there was less capability to exploit the maps and people were somehow locked into pathing through it as it was meant to be played; but it's an imperfect game in an imperfect world.
Defiance has so much that has been placed on people's plate in regard to getting ahead that it isn't suprising that things are the way they are...it's just a little depressing.

Tashinka
10-31-2016, 01:21 PM
20 minutes ? I've waited 3 hours or so and quit...smhif we are ever on at the same time - hit me up Johnny - I will help anyone I don't have muted to run or que co-op

r1p
10-31-2016, 02:35 PM
the reason they take 4 to start . is to prevent farming

I agree that is probably Trion's reasoning as well but as always it is flawed because it doesn't prevent PC users from firing up multiple instances of the game and hosting the co-op themselves. And there wouldn't be much of an issue with farming if they actually fixed the co-ops to prevent people from glitching through barriers and lowered the cost of ark forge in the bit store to a reasonable price so that people would be induced to buy it rather than farm it.

Lake Superior
10-31-2016, 03:27 PM
I agree that is probably Trion's reasoning as well but as always it is flawed because it doesn't prevent PC users from firing up multiple instances of the game and hosting the co-op themselves. And there wouldn't be much of an issue with farming if they actually fixed the co-ops to prevent people from glitching through barriers and lowered the cost of ark forge in the bit store to a reasonable price so that people would be induced to buy it rather than farm it.
I would put forward that it isn't a currency issue and more of a gameplay issue.
What SHOULD be part of the Co-op system is a method by which one gets some form of reward boost (beyond what already exists; as one does earn slightly higher AF for a higher kill/score count).
Monetization-based solutions are the worst ones IMO.

Johnny Stranger
10-31-2016, 06:45 PM
Keep the friggin af and keys , just let me complete the co op weekly in a timely fashion ... I'll wait for community , err , I'll just smh .. lmao

cyguy
11-01-2016, 08:44 AM
Then again players don't often co-operate anyway, what with the runners who either leave everyone else to deal with amped up enemies. Or kill everything before you can catch up to them.

This is why co-ops were only fun with clan run groups. I never had any fun with randoms. My favorite part is still the randoms on expert maps that charge off as fast as they can, and then die repeatedly because their speed run to avoid enemies fail.

Though I also agree that the waiting time in the que is ridiculous, I've avoided co-ops for so long only for the fact that I don't feel like sitting around waiting 3 hours for the que to go up and down. nothing more frustrating then watching that 1 more person need to suddenly 3 people needed message. Knocking down co-ops to 2 people would make it easier to que, and feel slightly more challenging at the same time.

I can't imagine the trouble new players wanting to get pursuits in co-ops done with current que times.