PDA

View Full Version : Karma reward system BROKEN since patch?!

Omega Maximus
10-30-2016, 06:09 PM
I dont know about the rest of you, but since the last patch, it seems that the Karma rewards system is broken! I have been due for a Karma drop for DAYS...and havent gotten one. Before the patch I was getting one every 2 to 3 days, based on the excessive about of Arkfalls I was taking part in. I have been playing just as much, and since the patch, no Karma meter reward!

Is everyone experiencing the same since the last patch?

Jerrmy12
10-30-2016, 07:31 PM
I dont know about the rest of you, but since the last patch, it seems that the Karma rewards system is broken! I have been due for a Karma drop for DAYS...and havent gotten one. Before the patch I was getting one every 2 to 3 days, based on the excessive about of Arkfalls I was taking part in. I have been playing just as much, and since the patch, no Karma meter reward!

Are you complaining that you aren't getting MORE free jackpots?

Omega Maximus
10-30-2016, 07:49 PM

You seem to be missing the point and not providing anything constructive here. I am complaining that the system that is included in my Patron Pass isnt working properly since the last patch.

Bentu
10-30-2016, 08:11 PM

Karma isn't free by the way and threads like this only go to show there's a need for a karma meter.

If the karma system we are "paying" for is getting nerfed/turned off or is even bugged we have a right to know.

Because remember play more get more.

This isn't the case if the drops aren't forthcoming.

Omega Maximus
10-31-2016, 09:59 AM
And another day and no Karma drop....Destromathe, what is going on?? Its been almost a week if not a whole week since I have gotten a JP from Karma. Play more get more??? I am playing more...getting nothing since a week!! How about a dev respond to this issue please.

Destromathe
10-31-2016, 10:15 AM
And another day and no Karma drop....Destromathe, what is going on?? Its been almost a week if not a whole week since I have gotten a JP from Karma. Play more get more??? I am playing more...getting nothing since a week!! How about a dev respond to this issue please.

Karma is currently working, and there are no known issues at this time. If you could please PM me your email/gamertag/PSN ID for your actual account, I could take a quick look and verify there is nothing going on.

DEATHBRINGER210
10-31-2016, 10:24 AM
Karma is currently working, and there are no known issues at this time. If you could please PM me your email/gamertag/PSN ID for your actual account, I could take a quick look and verify there is nothing going on.

yall need to look at these
http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?249415-Getting-mod-reward-but-no-weapon
http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?250332-has-any1-on-ps3-NA-gotten-a-jackpot
http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?250325-This-Dc-ing-b4-karma-roll-is-getting-old

Johnny Stranger
10-31-2016, 10:40 AM
The karma system is definitely not working. The servers are trashing shortly after the rewards screen and no one is getting a karma drop because the karma role is in rolling. And if it is rolling no one is getting a jackpot because they're not there to collect it And no it is not going into claims I don't know one person that has a jackpot go to claims after a disconnect after the reward screen so it clearly is not working

Johnny Stranger
10-31-2016, 10:41 AM
Posted on my phone sorry for any spelling errors but you get the jest of it

Johnny Stranger
10-31-2016, 10:43 AM
Also this mass disconnecting started happening very frequently after Sunday mornings reset. You need to scroll through the forms there are several post about this

Alahali
10-31-2016, 11:17 AM

I took the time for be really sure before write here, because I have the same problem the system drop is not same in comparison with the last week.
Same amount of arkfalls 0 jp, something is wrong....

Sgt Connors
10-31-2016, 12:57 PM
Hi Kent I found you

Omega Maximus
10-31-2016, 01:02 PM
Hi Kent I found you

what? I dont know what youre on aboot?! lol

Destromathe
10-31-2016, 01:19 PM
Hey All,

We have done extensive testing, and Karma is 100% working exactly as it should be. With that being said, it is possible that increased latency or other factors could cause the jackpot to not be awarded immediately after the end of an event. Please keep an eye out for jackpots that will appear in your inventory after relogging, as no matter what, when you are rewarded with a karma drop, it will give you the jackpot when you log out and back in even if you do not get it right away.

DEATHBRINGER210
10-31-2016, 01:29 PM
Hey All,

We have done extensive testing, and Karma is 100% working exactly as it should be. With that being said, it is possible that increased latency or other factors could cause the jackpot to not be awarded immediately after the end of an event. Please keep an eye out for jackpots that will appear in your inventory after relogging, as no matter what, when you are rewarded with a karma drop, it will give you the jackpot when you log out and back in even if you do not get it right away.

we are not making pass the karma roll or the rewards screens. and when we ( and by we i mean the whole server crashes. all us at the same time) get booted some of us arent getting rewards ,when we long back in. and as of yet. no one has ever said they got a jp drop from getting booted . on ps3 na any way

Mantater
10-31-2016, 01:50 PM
Hey All,

Address the lag issue maybe?

Greybush
10-31-2016, 02:02 PM
Hey All,

There you have it, "as it should be." But not necessarily as it was. Ladies and gents, there's a reason we can't have a visible "karma meter".

Destromathe
10-31-2016, 02:34 PM
There you have it, "as it should be." But not necessarily as it was. Ladies and gents, there's a reason we can't have a visible "karma meter".

Karma is working exactly as it did the day it came out, and has not changed in any way. Don't try to find subtext where there is none :). I hope this clears things up.

Bentu
10-31-2016, 02:52 PM
Karma is working exactly as it did the day it came out, and has not changed in any way. Don't try to find subtext where there is none :). I hope this clears things up.

Sorry Destro but it doesn't, I and many others have had a crit issue at the end of the event for whatever reason jps are not being rewarded on a large scale.
It used to happen before karma as well.
At the end of a mjr we would crit just before or at the reward screen however it is now happening 15 second after the reward screen when we should see a karma reward as well as when the reward screen pops up.

This makes me think that this is a long term issue where the game crits instead of giving us the reward.

Part of Tricks long for filling loot chase.

Greybush
10-31-2016, 02:56 PM

Sure does. But truth be told, it was the emoji that really drove your point home.

While I have your attention...where do you stand on Vampires?

Bentu
10-31-2016, 03:51 PM

What I also find frustrating about this is you knew about the excessive sniper shotty drops and did nothing to change it.
So again in this event we're overwhelmed by weapons many of us have no use for and in some cases don't even want especially when we're pulling multiples of them.

Omega Maximus
10-31-2016, 04:41 PM

If its working as intended Destro...then why is there such a noticable change....to everyone?!! You cant really say that its functioning as intended and as it has before the patch, as after the patch its clearly not doing so! It is evident to me that I have not received a karma drop in a week, as before the patch with same about of excessive game play I might add, I have had NONE!! So, clearly, it is NOT functioning. Please check and I did send you a PM with the info you requested and am still awaiting on your personal reply. Thanks for your attention to this matter! It is, and everything you guys do, is very appreciated!!

kettlecooked
10-31-2016, 05:12 PM
If its working as intended Destro...then why is there such a noticable change....to everyone?!! !

It appears to be working fine for me. Don't know what you are talking about. Many of my friends also believe it's working fine.

Bentu
10-31-2016, 06:12 PM
It appears to be working fine for me. Don't know what you are talking about. Many of my friends also believe it's working fine.

No one has said that it's not working for everyone but it is emphasising the difference between the haves and have not.
The karma system we believe was introduced to give more people jps for playing more while buying a patron pass.
Many aren't getting rewards and many are getting repeat drops of the same weapons that no one wants.

Why aren't there multiple drops to those people who want the pretty Shinnies too.

If it's working as intended then we're either not getting what we've paid for or the drops are deliberately skewed to drop the most unpopular weapons.

If it is indeed working as intended then we are being scammed.

Sorry to say that but that's how I feel about it.

Johnny Stranger
10-31-2016, 06:29 PM
In the livestream , it was asked about being dc'd before the karma roll , you or one of you stated that even if you dc , as long as you make it to the rewards screen . You will get your karma jp ... I can assure you this is not happening , no one has received a jp in claims after the dc or mass server shutdown ... I have stated time and time again that this 15 to 30 second delay is problematic and have also indicated that I believe the karma meter is in fact resetting for some during these occurrences without ever sending a jp to claims .

gulac
10-31-2016, 06:38 PM
Many aren't getting rewards and many are getting repeat drops of the same weapons that no one wants.

Sorry Bentu but you forgot one, many are not getting anything at all. In this event I have had one JP and that was 9 days ago. Sure I got some OJ from the weekly box but none during the event as reward.

Bentu
10-31-2016, 07:03 PM
Sorry Bentu but you forgot one, many are not getting anything at all. In this event I have had one JP and that was 9 days ago. Sure I got some OJ from the weekly box but none during the event as reward.

You see the very first line of the bit you quoted of mine.
It says "Many aren't getting rewards."

kettlecooked
10-31-2016, 07:04 PM
No one has said that it's not working for everyone but it is emphasising the difference between the haves and have not.

Please read the the sentence I quoted and responded to (i.e., that the change is affecting everyone). Yes, someone did in fact say its changing for everyone and affecting them.

Bentu
10-31-2016, 07:24 PM
Please read the the sentence I quoted and responded to (i.e., that the change is affecting everyone). Yes, someone did in fact say its changing for everyone and affecting them.

He said it's noticeable by everyone not that it has changed for everyone.
You've noticed an improvement since karma and many have noticed other things.
But no one can say it's changed for everyone as we don't know everyone and everyone doesn't have a patron pass so their's should stay the same.

kettlecooked
10-31-2016, 07:27 PM
He said it's noticeable by everyone not that it has changed for everyone.
You've noticed an improvement since karma and many have noticed other things.
But no one can say it's changed for everyone as we don't know everyone and everyone doesn't have a patron pass so their's should stay the same.

Post in question states "why is there such a noticable change....to everyone". A change....to everyone.

Please just stop.

Bentu
10-31-2016, 07:37 PM
Post in question states "why is there such a noticable change....to everyone". A change....to everyone.

Please just stop.

The game was patched so there would of been a change.

What more can I say.

Spike Chaos
10-31-2016, 09:55 PM
Its working just fine. Just got Eligos from it today.

Bentu
11-01-2016, 12:30 AM
Its working just fine. Just got Eligos from it today.

I'm sure it was you that said in chat you pulled a Azathoth at the sv HH.

May of been someone else though.

Johnny Stranger
11-01-2016, 04:19 AM
no one is saying karma isn't working, we are saying at the arkfalls when after the rewards screen , when the mass disconnect happens, that no one is getting a karma reward in their claims when logging back in , but also, believe that the karma meter is resetting for some individuals at these mass dc's and regular dc's without them receiving their jp from that particular major....this is happening , it happened to me last event and it wasn't even a karma drop and I never received my jp because the shard crashed before the jp displayed .As well, the amount of mass disconnects happening right after the rewards screen has increased 10 fold, thus not giving out ANY jp's...

Gaige12
11-01-2016, 04:55 AM
It would only have been an Eligos-6, or a Lilith-6 anyway. Just ask in zone and someone will give you one or a few. :/

KptBomba
11-02-2016, 12:55 PM
well karma is broken
as you see its imposible to get 1 karma and 1normal JP from 1 final
only mod for that score
on this screen i click 2x purhuase complete and get zephar

otter
11-02-2016, 01:30 PM
Here is supports cut and paste GM Stormlock
Today at 09:11
Hello,
Thank you for contacting us regarding Defiance. Unfortunately, as the character disconnected its score would have been reset. As such, we're unable to assist with your request as we would be unable to verify what the characters participation levels would have been. I apologize for the inconvenience, as we try to make every effort to correct any issue our players may have.
However, we do suggest taking the previously mentioned steps to see if this improves the performance of your connection. If you continue to have trouble please let us know and we can look into providing further trouble shooting steps that might help improve performance.
If you have any additional questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to let us know. Thank you for your continued support of Trion Worlds and for playing Defiance.
Your reference number for this ticket is 736174.

clay marrow
11-02-2016, 02:07 PM
today i pulled a belph via karma at one of the first falls i completed. no dcing at the end of any yet today but im still convinced theres an issue with the mass crits previously..
The day is young so we shall see...

keptman
11-03-2016, 07:08 PM
I would have to say it has some bugs. I have recieved a lilith in my inventory after i had spent my keys and sold junk back to vendor. Logged out and didnt get back on that toon untill the next day.
Ive also had no popup of the your purchase three majors in a row. Then got a jp after fourth major, i had started to ask if there was a issue with karma and then I got congrats from people saying what i had got.

YES ITS GOT ISSUES

War Stomper
11-04-2016, 07:25 AM
I've noticed more and more lilith getting pulled. That's how I think karma is broken.

OokamiXIII
11-05-2016, 05:44 PM
I personally love the fact that it takes a ****ing load of complaining to even get a dev to acknowledge a possible issue with the karma system, and even then still manage to not address some sort of way to track our progress.

TornadoFighter77
11-05-2016, 05:56 PM
well karma is broken
as you see its imposible to get 1 karma and 1normal JP from 1 final
only mod for that score
on this screen i click 2x purhuase complete and get zephar

That's not true. I got both the Lilith and azathoth from the same arkfall. Loot and karma at the same time. Not the only one that has done this either.

DEATHBRINGER210
11-05-2016, 06:06 PM
i got a zepar ana xapan from the same major

DEMON
11-06-2016, 05:24 AM
Destro the bottom line of why so many complaints about the karma system is that as stated in the live stream it's a semi-random drop. ( Personally since Karma came online I've received only 1 named jp item across the two events unless it takes an OJ drop as a karma drop). As a whole players like seeing an actual reward for their efforts a tangible one. A simple solution imho if and when karma activates instead of the "purchase complete" pop-up have one that says "Karma!" ie if RNG=karma=jackpot; then pop-up= "KARMA!" It would quiet much of the agnst we players have and takes the meter issue off the table since now a player knows when it drops (much like the "bells and whistles" of a slot machine since that is essentially what karma is ...an enhanced slot machine that we pay to play.

American Pig
11-07-2016, 10:07 AM
Ok heres my two cents on this issue. All I know is Ive been trying to play for the last 3 or four days and am disconnecting whenever I get into a HH. Ive tried to play on xbox 360 and Ps3 and disconnect every single HH arkfall I try to play. Ive been a loyal player and have never had this much trouble with defiance in 3 years of playing. Im not whining about JPs because my luck has always been awful and not just with this game, Im whining because I cant even play the game I love so much!

Fisherman Joe
11-07-2016, 11:22 AM
PC has been very stable in my opinion. I rarely get a DC unless I am teleporting from the same site on one shard/phase to the same spot on a different shard/phase, then I get a character load error DC. I have learned to teleport away from that spot first before teleporting to the final and it works great.

Skullsuku
11-07-2016, 01:20 PM
You seem to be missing the point and not providing anything constructive here. I am complaining that the system that is included in my Patron Pass isnt working properly since the last patch.

It never did work.

fattymcgee
11-07-2016, 01:45 PM
4-6 hours a day this event. I only Got one JP using patron pass. This week two hh majors dropped non event ojs into my inventory. Thought it was lag. Fist was after co-op for chimera daily (rare to get an oj from boss so I put it off). After co-op there was a fresh HH Major . When hh ended click click left of screen shows oj gun scrolled into my inventory. It was a non event gun. A few days later I finish an expo ( I would know if I picked up anything gold) get out, brand new HH major. This time I don't even get the Purchase completed , get critted. I get back on and see it put another none event oj in my inventory. After everything I do I clean my inventory. I keep it as neat as I can so 100% sure it wasn't in there. Truth is if it didn't mess with my karma I don't care. if these didn't replace JP's I don't care. But it really makes me nervous when I'm really wanting to go pat again but no idea if this is even working as it should.

r1p
11-07-2016, 02:05 PM
4-6 hours a day this event. I only Got one JP using patron pass. This week two hh majors dropped non event ojs into my inventory. Thought it was lag. Fist was after co-op for chimera daily (rare to get an oj from boss so I put it off). After co-op there was a fresh HH Major . When hh ended click click left of screen shows oj gun scrolled into my inventory. It was a non event gun. A few days later I finish an expo ( I would know if I picked up anything gold) get out, brand new HH major. This time I don't even get the Purchase completed , get critted. I get back on and see it put another none event oj in my inventory. After everything I do I clean my inventory. I keep it as neat as I can so 100% sure it wasn't in there. Truth is if it didn't mess with my karma I don't care. if these didn't replace JP's I don't care. But it really makes me nervous when I'm really wanting to go pat again but no idea if this is even working as it should.

Does your toon have a 6000 Ego?

Bentu
11-07-2016, 02:56 PM

Yeah it sounds as if you're 6k and getting your reward from the xp bar filling up.
As you get a load of xp at the end of a mjr that's when you tend to get them.

fattymcgee
11-10-2016, 01:24 PM
Yeah it sounds as if you're 6k and getting your reward from the xp bar filling up.
As you get a load of xp at the end of a mjr that's when you tend to get them.
Ok thanks - I didn't know that.. PP here I come then

ArthriticNed
11-12-2016, 07:55 AM
The karma system is definitely not working. The servers are trashing shortly after the rewards screen and no one is getting a karma drop because the karma role is in rolling. And if it is rolling no one is getting a jackpot because they're not there to collect it And no it is not going into claims I don't know one person that has a jackpot go to claims after a disconnect after the reward screen so it clearly is not working

Mine didn't go to claims but instead went straight to my inv. Disconnected while the reward screen was up but before the purchase complete message.

Mr Devlin
11-12-2016, 11:49 AM
I always keep my inventory full during events so everything goes to claims (keep a few nonsense items in inventory to break if I want to pick up something). In the last event I had 2 JP's show in claims that I didn't know I had received(check roughly once an hour). I don't know if they were Karma drops or normal drops but it makes no difference. I am definitely getting more drops now than before the karma system.