PDA

View Full Version : Anything new for the future of Defiance?

cyguy
11-01-2016, 09:08 AM
After the release of the dlc packs there's always felt very little had been added to the game. Reskinned weapons, vehicles, armors but no real content added. Expeditions were reused co op maps, same arkfalls with different groups of enemies dropping the same weapons.

I haven't seen any real new content, vehicles, weapons or maps in forever. When I saw the shrill stuff I thought maybe we would see an influx of something new, but aside from the 6 min long mission associated with it, there's been nothing to my knowledge.

The suggestions board is filled with easy, simple ideas to draw from but I've always had the nagging feeling that the Defiance staff is too few and really only able to maintain the game and nothing more.

So here's my real question and to be honest I don't feel like it will be answered in a straight forward manner, but here it is anyways; is there or will there be any new content coming out in the future? By that I don't mean reskinned weapons with new names and synergy stats. New unique looking modeling for new weapons, new vehicles, story content, or even co-op maps.

I've always felt the stale repetition of the game was responsible for the poor player retention, but I've never seen any active effort to combat it. I would love nothing more than to come back and sink time back into Defiance, but I find myself going inactive for 3-4 months at a time before checking back again.

I've enjoyed Defiance for a very long time, and grew quite addicted. I'm still hoping things will pick back up with some fresh new content. Is that a possibility though?

ramble ramble ramble....sorry. :)

Ea Rapture
11-01-2016, 09:19 AM
Unlikely. Right now they're just throwing out events, but that's just doing the same arkfall for 3 weeks straight. Can't do anything else because that's all everybody is doing.

Bentu
11-01-2016, 09:35 AM
Great timing, I like how this thread was posted one minute after the live stream questions thread.

You could've asked this on there.

Basperios
11-01-2016, 09:42 AM
They did release a new vehicle for the most recent Hulker Hell event, the "Torque or Treat" van.

Ea Rapture
11-01-2016, 08:21 PM
They did release a new vehicle for the most recent Hulker Hell event, the "Torque or Treat" van.

That isn't content.

librastrahl
11-02-2016, 02:16 AM
I would love to see a new mode, like where we have to defend a number of points map-wide. Like a war scenario of ark fall invaders. We have set weapons for roles, like medic, sniper, bomber, sentinel, and recon. Maybe some new types of defensive items. Or some new buildings, or just travel to another map altogether. I do have a clear cut idea of it, just hard to explain in a day, though. It could be a pay to play mode. And we all have to work together. I do recommend swords be complementary for purchase to play. Maybe a limited time chance to earn entry by jackpot with odds increases with more play. Just a suggestion to bring in players, money, and content, with effort.

PithHelmetIrath
11-02-2016, 05:33 AM
I would love to see a new mode, like where we have to defend a number of points map-wide. Like a war scenario of ark fall invaders. We have set weapons for roles, like medic, sniper, bomber, sentinel, and recon. Maybe some new types of defensive items. Or some new buildings, or just travel to another map altogether. I do have a clear cut idea of it, just hard to explain in a day, though. It could be a pay to play mode. And we all have to work together. I do recommend swords be complementary for purchase to play. Maybe a limited time chance to earn entry by jackpot with odds increases with more play. Just a suggestion to bring in players, money, and content, with effort.

Honestly, I don't think the dev team is large enough to tackle a project of this magnitude.

Lake Superior
11-02-2016, 01:30 PM
Honestly, I don't think the dev team is large enough to tackle a project of this magnitude.
It bloody should be.
Saddest thing for anyone that enjoys this game is how resources get bled off for new game development. Instead of making a whole-hearted effort to make THIS game what it could (have) been.

PoRkSoDa
11-02-2016, 04:02 PM
the only thing new for defiance is that they take the money we use and put it towards atlas reactor

Basperios
11-02-2016, 04:20 PM
That isn't content.

Then when was the van first released?

Ronin9572
11-02-2016, 04:51 PM
It bloody should be.
Saddest thing for anyone that enjoys this game is how resources get bled off for new game development. Instead of making a whole-hearted effort to make THIS game what it could (have) been.

This exactly! I have dealt with other companies like Trion that owned or had the rights to several other games. They take a good portion from their older games and just put it into new games or ones they are developing. The old games are kinda in maintenance mode, where nothing is truly fixed and just reskin old stuff and say it's "new". It's to bad this game wasn't owned by a decent company and this was their bread and butter. This game has (had) so much potential. Just like the other games I played, it's the ppl that keep you coming back!

LOOKxATxTHISxI
11-02-2016, 06:20 PM
As small as it would be they could bring in the kill x amount with whatever gun,get x amount of headshots etc... for contracts. Daily weekly whatever. Give me a reason to use an afflictor or a derailer.

Break down x amount of oj weapons for loyalty box, or jp. Let you reset pursuits to redo them over again. Keep xp out of it add scrip reward. All kinds of little things they could do to vary things up a little bit.

Bring back the exchange!!!!

PithHelmetIrath
11-03-2016, 05:40 AM
It bloody should be.

Don't shoot the messenger, I was only making a 3+ year long observation. And for the record, I completely agree with you..