PDA

View Full Version : ThanksGiveaway 2016 (All Platforms)

Altras
11-01-2016, 01:45 PM
http://imgur.com/3Dodnq8l.jpeg

Time to cherish the moments and memories we are thankful for in Defiance!

And get some sweet swag for being nice!

Post your favorite experience/memory/moment you've had in-game followed by a brief thank you to the people behind the scenes of Defiance!

Your awesome kindness posted in this thread enters you into a raffle for:

Grand Prize: Torc or Treat Bundle

Runner Ups(3): APS Carrier Outfit and Blue Challenger-Red Stripe

And yes, this is for all platforms! Goodluck to all who enter, I'm looking forward to reading your best moments!

Raffle entry closes November 30th!

ThanksGiveaway Winners!

Torc Bundle Grandprize Winner!
Cygnus!

My funniest memory was when a friend teleported to me wearing the tinfoil hat with the ark prefitor outfit. I couldnt stop laughing, everytime I saw him I would laugh so hard I could bearly breathe. Im greatful for all the funny, witty, tongue n cheek humer put into defiance. Thank you for creating this place. Ive had great times with people from all over the world in defiance.

APS Carrier Outfit+Blue Challenger/Red Stripe Winners

WhiteStrike!

Can't say it's my favourite memory but a moment I can remember is when me and a group of friends decoyed into the Strato Carrier near the E-Rep camp and ended up getting a bit stuck in there. We spent a few hours going through a Maze of invisible walls.And even managed to find some sort of platform there.
Also, thanks for working on PvP for a few months, Rarnok.

Tauriiel!

My favourite moment was downloading this game for the first time. If not for that, I'd never have met so many wonderful people with a common interest in gaming. Despite ups and downs, I owe it to my friends and clanmates for keeping this game alive for me. Thanks guys, for all the company you've kept me; you're the bees knees.

Shane_Dalvin

I have probably been playing Defiance for about 5 or 6 months now. I'll start off with saying that I'm a single player story mode kind of gamer. I have never liked or enjoyed any online only multiplayer games, or any multiplayer game modes in general, but for some reason I LOVE THIS GAME! I first discovered it on the playstation store as a free to play game. I was bored so I figured why not? My expectations were low and I figured it would be one of those throw-a-way games that might be alright for a day or two. I was dead wrong. I feel like I have put at least 350 hours into it so far, maybe more. Even after the first week I thought I would get sick of it and move on to something else, but nope. I never even planed on spending any actual money on it, but it was just so good that I wanted to support it for all the hours of fun it gave me so I spent the last $5 I had on upgrading my key count. I've been out of work for almost two years now but I'm finally starting a new job next week and I'm hoping this game isn't going away anytime soon because I plan on at least getting some of the DLC that I've been wanting for awhile now. That's all I gotta say. It's 3:37AM on Thanksgiving day. Thank you for creating and keeping this awesome game going. I'm still learning new things every day that I didn't know.

Thank you everyone for sharing your defiance memories!
There's a lot of great reads on here, hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving!

clay marrow
11-01-2016, 02:03 PM
Kinda cheesy but my favorite thing lately has been pulling a jackpot and giving it to a buddy in group with me or a clannie who wants it...
So many cool people have looked out for me that it's only fair to pay it forward.
Other than that my homies. Y'all white chocolate loving fools know who you are!!!

Kuroro
11-01-2016, 02:05 PM
My favourite memory is:

Almost a year ago,there was a new player in my ex clan,he was just 100 or 200 ego,around of it,he started playing when the current event was New Frontier Harvest,man that dude made us laugh the entire event...it started when he said a day in clan chat "stupid turkeys piece of ****,I cannot even play,they kill me all the time" hahahaha he was the only one dying in the whole server because of the turkey´s attack at overpass XD
But it did not ended there, he was saying in clan chat everytime "ahhhhhh revive meeeeee" hahaha because the mutants was killing him too fast on every major arkfall.He made us laugh the whole event,I revived him like 100 times.Since them we called him "Krilin" .I have a lot of good memories having fun with clanmates,but that dude saying these things in clan chat was the funniest thing ever.Months after that, he became a great pvper,now he is retired,but his newbie days were great days haha

post data: thanks for the giveaway

alien
11-01-2016, 03:09 PM
One of my fondest defiance memories was playing pvp (and kicking aśś) on christmas eve with a good buddy i hadn't seen in a while.

Also thanks to you all for this giveaway :)

Chaotic Masters
11-01-2016, 04:02 PM
my favourite moment was when I gave away a JP to a low ego in the clan I was in at the time because he was having troubles with his missions and he told that I was his best friend.

Johnny Stranger
11-01-2016, 04:42 PM
Had lots of funny and fond moments ... having Kiwi Bird join our clan was pretty darn cool ... we miss you kiwi :(

Trogathorna
11-01-2016, 04:45 PM
I'm thankful for the awesome clan that i've had the honor of grinding everyday with for almost 2 years now. Bunch of great folks in DT. Also all the great friends i have made along the way. Without DT or the awesome friends i've made, i probably wouldn't have lasted as long as i have in this game. So too all you awesome clannies and the great folks that make up my friends list, Thank You.

Josh Doring
11-01-2016, 07:00 PM
My best moment was i helped my buddy dave/trish with his family problems and i spent my christmas day with him grinding expos and loosing all 752 hunter reqs i had. Thanks

Logain
11-01-2016, 07:03 PM
I am Thankful for the generosity and friendships of players when I began and as I have continued to play including

Lateralus, Ironclad Trash (I still had that FRC Boomer you gave me until very recently), LoveSquid, Arkist-Guardian, MrE, some old school 5kGoing'ers including Medinos, WESPCS, Hinson, and Biowulf, and more recent Cabbage (and wife), S1ck, JR, Avalanch, IrisaWifi, Rhettro, as well as so many in my current clan Xellia, Altras included as well as many more who I cannot remember off the top of my head but have been influential in my gaming experience. I have been very lucky to have support as I was going through crazy IRL work travel schedules as well as celebrating the birth of my first son and got to share a small glimpse of my life with you crazy Ark Hunters while we slaughtered countless hell bugs.

Good luck, god speed, and Happy Hunting.

LordLand
11-01-2016, 10:10 PM
My best moments was able to supreme aleast 7 weapons with 5%. Then making pistol or white gear fun in PvP with out going all out with normal supreme gear. Also collecting all the Sword names but missing the omec rod... Anyway the next beat moment was seeing someone who had been offline for a long time and play PvP and goofy match.

SPARTANx157
11-02-2016, 12:11 AM
That moment when gkitty just snipe a dude who was about to kill me at pvp and then gwolfie came w/ his lovely infector and just start a frenzy killing Spree... Those guys tehehe :3 ... Love them
Btw we won that Match :p

Claire
11-02-2016, 01:28 AM
I remember that moment when.
I was so excited, cause I learn from jackpots. Then started to try to get one , since ion coil event....and guess what? I didn't get anything on every single event from the mjr's, I was so sad very sad :( Then it start the nano votanis event and the new paradise karma system came out, this was like a new window open for me, I was so happy :). I started to play on mjr's and hit every time, was like crazy trying to find more and more mjr's .....and they pass 2 weeks and nothing. Was so disappointed and sad :( and then started to say to my clannies I don't want to play anymore ....and one of them , started to say : please don't be sad you will earn your price one day , and I say I don't think so cause I try and try and nothing came out :( and he say I will pray for you , every day...in that moment he make my day :) . And started to try again and then the moment comes ....I get the (reality splitter) from karma, I was so, so happy :) and told to my clannie ty for making me believe again, you are the best and I add him cause it's a good guy, he is always kind.

Thank you all of you guys for all the good work & thank you for the all good times and these giveaways.

WhiteStrike
11-02-2016, 03:16 AM
Can't say it's my favourite memory but a moment I can remember is when me and a group of friends decoyed into the Strato Carrier near the E-Rep camp and ended up getting a bit stuck in there. We spent a few hours going through a Maze of invisible walls.And even managed to find some sort of platform there.

Lamar Kendrick
11-02-2016, 10:48 AM
good memories were when you see old buddies log on after a very long time and chat with them for hours like they never left. also the good old pvp days pre-nerf and go crazy sniping people up at FY :)

tyvm for the givaway!

Kuroro
11-02-2016, 11:05 AM
good memories were when you see old buddies log on after a very long time and chat with them for hours like they never left. also the good old pvp days pre-nerf and go crazy sniping people up at FY :)

tyvm for the givaway!

That day dueling with the useless pistols for around of 20 minutes at overpass lol that duel never ended
But I liked more the day you joined observatory in group and I won playing alone ;) hahaha

Lamar Kendrick
11-02-2016, 11:13 AM
That day dueling with the useless pistols for around of 20 minutes at overpass lol that duel never ended
But I liked more the day you joined observatory in group and I won playing alone ;) hahaha

the default pistol? yup that was hilarious

Kuroro
11-02-2016, 11:21 AM
the default pistol? yup that was hilarious

One of the best memories I have from those days of 2014 is when I gave a bugged hellfire tachmag pulser(it was not healing, for an unknown reason) +100k for a better one to Dahiia hahahaha

Rain Love
11-02-2016, 11:02 PM
My favorite moment was definitely when I finely got the chance to play with this youtuber I had been watching for a while he invited me to his clan and it's been a lot of fun.
P.s. Thanks so much for the hard work and dedication you have put into this game. You are amazing!

Rain LoveAndPeace ego 3700

Johnny Dbag
11-03-2016, 08:26 AM
I know others have probably said this, but my favorite part of the game is that i am at a place where i can help out clan members and friends with guns and such. After grinding for so long and struggling to piece together a decent inventory it is sweet to be able to pay it forward and help others as so many helped me along the way. Its really fun getting a jp, modding it out and giving it away. That and finally hitting 6k the hard way, grinding the pvp challenges because i am horrible at pvp. However the gifting and helping greatly overshadows the 6k. Also would like to add a big thanks to the devs, this game is truely fun and is the only game i have been playing for roughly 2 years. Always something to do, and so many elements that keep you hooked. So thanks devs, and i hope to keep grinding for quite a while.

Shadow Cat
11-04-2016, 07:10 PM
I've been helping guide new players for about three years now and the best part is, I get my favorite moment repeated over and over again. Meet the person, help them get started, they send you a friend invite and stick to you like glue until they get their bearing, then suddenly, they're off and running. Usually having been recruited into the clan I'm in and thriving on their own.

That moment, when they're off and running on their own, no longer hesitant or nervous about speaking up in clan chat or (gasp!) zone chat is one of my favorites. Occasionally, not very often, but sometimes...I get a full jackpot moment, when someone I helped get started, turns around and starts helping other new players. THAT is my favorite moment, bar none.

Cygnus
11-04-2016, 09:21 PM
My funniest memory was when a friend teleported to me wearing the tinfoil hat with the ark prefitor outfit. I couldnt stop laughing, everytime I saw him I would laugh so hard I could bearly breathe. Im greatful for all the funny, witty, tongue n cheek humer put into defiance. Thank you for creating this place. Ive had great times with people from all over the world in defiance.

DICTIONARY
11-05-2016, 03:00 AM
I was hospitalized 5 times and almost died 2 times in the past year. Several of those times was during events. Not only did several of my clanmates reach out to check on me, they surprised me with premium swag when I got back. They continue to check on me and look out for me. They have helped me to stay sane and lifted my spirits. These are my favorite memories.

WhiteStrike
11-05-2016, 06:43 AM
http://imgur.com/3Dodnq8l.jpeg

Time to cherish the moments and memories we are thankful for in Defiance!

And get some sweet swag for being nice!

Post your favorite experience/memory/moment you've had in-game followed by a brief thank you to the people behind the scenes of Defiance!

Your awesome kindness posted in this thread enters you into a raffle for:

Grand Prize: Torc or Treat Bundle

Runner Ups(3): APS Courrier Outfit and Blue Challenger-Red Stripe

And yes, this is for all platforms! Goodluck to all who enter, I'm looking forward to reading your best moments!

Raffle entry closes November 30th!

Isn't the Outfit called "APS Carrier"?

Alahali
11-05-2016, 07:33 AM
I always say that Defiance is a melting pot of races and languages, about this I have a little-funny-anecdote.
When I was low ego (1000 +) everything was new for me, inclusive I did not know how to the handle some options and situations, (don't forget is my first experience online), I was very noob in those moments, I discovered the chat and talk with people, make a deal, etc.
One day I try to "inspect" one player and sent him one group invitation by fail,... in chat group he tried to talk something but your language was unreadable, a mixture of english, spanish, aramaic but I couldn't understand, we try a trade and failed too, so, anyway I sent him one friendship invitation but he didn't respond.
An message arrived one month later, "hi friend let's play together!", I said WTF?, and then in the game he explained me, "friend, sorry I write slow because I'm translating with google our conversation, I'm from Saudi Arabia".
Is comforting to talk with people from different points all over the planet, to know they are there, and they are there doing the same like you and me every f....g day, thinking in Defiance.

SanCarioca
11-05-2016, 01:03 PM
I had several great moments with the Defiance Community and the developers, in the past. I remember fondly helping PhantasieTrion test the lag on the Defiant Few CrimeFighter, alongside with other players. I have the title “Honorable” as a great memento of this Defiance age (I also miss Phantasie on the forums). I remember my love letter about my baby Stingray, when trying to make an argument with Rashere, to allow purples to be supreme’d. I remember doing my best performance in PvP, which is being killed repeatedly to help clannies with their pursuits (I consider myself the worst PvP player in Defiance, with proud). I remember my first Warmaster, and 735 monkeys after that, the first time I defeated him (I miss Warmaster runs). I remember how awesome it was to climb the Golden Gate Bridge all the way to the top, to place the Ark Whatever, concluding the mission to call Arkfalls (I wish Defiance had more of these moments where you get a unique view of the game). Defiance has brought me many splendored things.

However, if I have to pick one, my absolute best moment was during an expo, with two unknowns, at first. Expos are long, and we bonded over time, to the point where, between missions, we would stay put in a cave, just chatting with each other, speaking about our lives, families, jobs. We were two adults from Brazil and the US, and one young man from Argentina. The conversation was mostly among the adults, and the kid was excited to read it all.

When I asked the young man about him, he said he would not have much to tell, being the equivalent of a college student and all. I gave pause, and we did another round. The next rest stop, I decided to ask him about how life was in Argentina, which was passing through a great political and economic turmoil at the time. He told me all about it, and I compared notes with him, since Brazil was going through much of the same (and we are still enduring a severe crisis, raging on). By the end of this particular conversation, I told him: “See? You DID have much to say and share”. I could swear his toon eyes were gleaming with newfound importance.

This remains, to this day, one of my greatest moments within Defiance, which still has an awesome community. To be able to bond with several people, across the world, all from different backgrounds. To have found charismatic leaders like Wuzu, and tons of other interesting people. Defiance emphasizes the co-op aspect of games, and collaboration stimulates companionship, especially among clannies. I am truly thankful for that. And for this opportunity to share this story.

Alahali
11-05-2016, 01:45 PM
I had several great moments with the Defiance Community and the developers, in the past. I remember fondly helping PhantasieTrion test the lag on the Defiant Few CrimeFighter, alongside with other players. I have the title “Honorable” as a great memento of this Defiance age (I also miss Phantasie on the forums). I remember my love letter about my baby Stingray, when trying to make an argument with Rashere, to allow purples to be supreme’d. I remember doing my best performance in PvP, which is being killed repeatedly to help clannies with their pursuits (I consider myself the worst PvP player in Defiance, with proud). I remember my first Warmaster, and 735 monkeys after that, the first time I defeated him (I miss Warmaster runs). I remember how awesome it was to climb the Golden Gate Bridge all the way to the top, to place the Ark Whatever, concluding the mission to call Arkfalls (I wish Defiance had more of these moments where you get a unique view of the game). Defiance has brought me many splendored things.

However, if I have to pick one, my absolute best moment was during an expo, with two unknowns, at first. Expos are long, and we bonded over time, to the point where, between missions, we would stay put in a cave, just chatting with each other, speaking about our lives, families, jobs. We were two adults from Brazil and the US, and one young man from Argentina. The conversation was mostly among the adults, and the kid was excited to read it all.

When I asked the young man about him, he said he would not have much to tell, being the equivalent of a college student and all. I gave pause, and we did another round. The next rest stop, I decided to ask him about how life was in Argentina, which was passing through a great political and economic turmoil at the time. He told me all about it, and I compared notes with him, since Brazil was going through much of the same (and we are still enduring a severe crisis, raging on). By the end of this particular conversation, I told him: “See? You DID have much to say and share”. I could swear his toon eyes were gleaming with newfound importance.

This remains, to this day, one of my greatest moments within Defiance, which still has an awesome community. To be able to bond with several people, across the world, all from different backgrounds. To have found charismatic leaders like Wuzu, and tons of other interesting people. Defiance emphasizes the co-op aspect of games, and collaboration stimulates companionship, especially among clannies. I am truly thankful for that. And for this opportunity to share this story.

I'm from Argentina and I think that young man need some expeditions more for explain about the crisis of our country, hahaha.
Interesting and healthy memories, +10 for u.

Palurdo
11-06-2016, 02:05 PM
To me, the most special moment, was when i entered a Drag Me To Hell arkfall, with some friends. We were only a couple, and yet, we pushed on. We were getting mutilated and stomped by Hulkers and Tremblers the entire time, but even with that on our backs, we still managed to revive each other and kept waging war on those afflicted. It took us an hour almost, but we managed to kill every single Hulker. We started out as 7, and it narrowed down to only 3. It was frustrating, but rewarding at the end. I really enjoyed it, and had a great time with those two. The loyalty is something i appreciate the most in a player, and these two are the best examples of it. I would like to thank you for giving me the chance of remembering and telling you about this beautiful memory.
Thanks for your attention, and Happy Huntin'.

SanCarioca
11-06-2016, 06:49 PM
To me, the most special moment, was when i entered a Drag Me To Hell arkfall, with some friends. We were only a couple, and yet, we pushed on. We were getting mutilated and stomped by Hulkers and Tremblers the entire time, but even with that on our backs, we still managed to revive each other and kept waging war on those afflicted. It took us an hour almost, but we managed to kill every single Hulker. We started out as 7, and it narrowed down to only 3. It was frustrating, but rewarding at the end. I really enjoyed it, and had a great time with those two. The loyalty is something i appreciate the most in a player, and these two are the best examples of it. I would like to thank you for giving me the chance of remembering and telling you about this beautiful memory.
Thanks for your attention, and Happy Huntin'.

Hey, If that happened this very Saturday, maybe I was there, with one of my Baby Toons. It was a massacre *and* It was fun as hell. And yes, we were reviving each others like crazies.

If you saw "ty gg" in the team chat, in the end, then I was definitely there. Otherwise, we both had similar experiences, and that's also fun.

Palurdo
11-07-2016, 12:11 PM
It actually happened in 2015, when Drag Me to Hell arkbreaks first appeared, although i remember doin' a DMTH not so long ago, and yes, i saw that guy too, ty gg. I must have revived him a 100 times minimum. HAHAHAHA.

Buck Nakked
11-07-2016, 02:31 PM
my favorite moment was when me and my wife dueled each other it was every mans dream ....lol .....it was so funny when I shot her with the infector and she was sitting at the table next to me as we played and she was screaming "WTF I cant see"....I was laughing so hard I was crying

Zoey Bee
11-07-2016, 02:42 PM
my favorite thing about the game is when I first started playing running over things in my car and seeing them fly thru the air when blown up and just having fun

Lourine
11-10-2016, 02:37 AM
awww u guys.....Do u guys know that u have been creating my favourite moment right now and here by reading all these comments and with my vivid imagination i relived some of the stories quite vividly and had a good laugh and saw that some of the ppl are here to have fun....Defiance ppl are a very rare speci lol i must say, but i come to know the good and the bad of some of the ppl and yes some names do stand out ppl helping out i have been helped alot but im not going to put it here they know who they are and i will do my best to help others aswel or at least be a friend. So thank you guys for making a moment for me its been great reading all these and to Cronus clan may u grow and prosper........

kettlecooked
11-11-2016, 04:34 AM
Best moment in defiance this year: telling someone "Yay for trump" and hearing a typical uneducated response of "f*** you". Tears are delicious. As for devs part, Thnx for keeping the game feeling fresh with things like Motu and Demo (and hopefully more to come, looking at you sludge elec thingy)!

dopeykid666
11-11-2016, 09:40 AM
My favorite moment has to be playing pvp or expos with friends, and absolutely dying laughing at the rag doll physics with shotguns, it's still one of the greatest things to send enemies flying

Sygin
11-13-2016, 02:28 PM
My favorite memory from in game would have to be when my bf xDEEZxNUTZx asked me for my number. We were running around SV doing incursions and conflicts and he asked if I would be willing to text him it caught me off guard that I ended up getting killed by a miner that I should have been able to kill. After that day we became more than just gaming buddies. Thank you Trion for Defiance without the game I would have never have met the man I love and have so many great memories around on the game. Just like at bath house is where he first told me his name and Port Bruno is where he gave me his number and over pass is where he decided that we had to game together and kept sending me a mass amount of group invites. Thank you guys for all the memories that me and him have been able to make with each other because of the game

Grave Digger
11-13-2016, 02:42 PM
My favorite memory was when I sold my first Sentinel Rig on Defiance. I noticed it wasn't tradeable and I told him its not tradeable and I couldn't put it in the trade window. After all that I took a second look at it and found out I had it equipped the whole time. lol That was the best time when I f sold my first Sentinel Rig. Good times. The result after the deal was I got 75 million in pure scrip when I traded it to him.

Jack Robo
11-13-2016, 02:54 PM
My best moment was when I finally gave back, my buddy xZefx Draven invited me to the game and hooked me up with loads of good stuff, so I decided to do the same, low ego and high egos, all the lo egos got one of every wep oj fully modded ,1 mil and driven to unlock evey point on the map. high egos all took part in a giveaway for scrip and jjackpots. I gave away way over 150 mil in stuff, it just gave me a buzz and felt like I could relax. but then I needed something for Zef...after all he nvited me to the game, so whenever he is in need of something he will et it trikked out.
The feeling of re doing what I had done in the past just made me smile. the day was great

elangeldealasnegras
11-14-2016, 06:33 AM
The best moment was when after months of playing and not knowing many things even with ego level of more than 5k a friend and owner of the clan told me that arkfalls events existed, I did not give importance and unknown even more that existed jps , Arrived almost 8 months playing and managed to reach the top of the ego that was 5300 or 5500 and in that Christmas was presented the upgrade to go to the ego 6ooo without making all the goals, I presented the Thanksgiving where with my points that Jugue for the 8 months in the vendor they put some boxes that you got with your loyalty of factions in your case it was in defianw vendor and there I won for the first time my first jp a pistolola called plmed anguish that a turkey came running all around that never understood Quehacia until a few months ago I saw that it was a skill of the weapon and fought against the enemies was a great moment since then that weapon amooooooo I do not expect to win but I hope you know my story of complete noob hahaha XD

starlord
11-14-2016, 06:53 AM
My best memory was back in 2015 when most of my friends hadn't quit the game yet. Miss those times :(

fila
11-14-2016, 09:22 AM
One of my favorite moment was during thanksgiving 2 years ago when we where able to call out death march in zone it would flash across the screen like server messages and you would see everyone in zone driving and killing nothing was safe

HyDrOpOnIc1987
11-14-2016, 01:08 PM
My favorite moment was when i met my clanmates and we created our clan. We all had a disagreement with our previous clan's founder/leader so we started our own clan. Its still not big but were a family :) we always have fun doing events and expos n stuff. Lmao the other day when i was in a coop i used my decoy, there was a lag spike and i went flying through the ground and my buddy just plainly said, "well, guess we need a new leader." Lmfao good times :)

xSalemx
11-15-2016, 04:49 PM
Ran into a random guy few weeks ago who's Xbox GT was not only Salem, but also his real life name..
I'm in a clan I founded as Salem's Witches, also with my character's name set as Salem, even though that's not my real name.
And here I am standing across from this guy, feeling awkward.. :D
And he wasn't even in the clan named after him haha.

Snapcase
11-16-2016, 07:33 AM
I think my favorite game play moment was f0llowing around a good chunk of my clan friends at bath house with a BMG in order to get to level 20 with it, which was also the last 4 EGO I needed to reach 6k. Initially there was a bit of grumbling about it when they saw I reached level 20, but it was quickly changed to cheer when they realized that it gave me max EGO.

But my favorite thing over all has been watching the evolution in generosity within my clan. Used to be that there was a clan discount on items being traded or sold. But that seems to have died away and now mods and weapons are being given freely to those who can use them. This also extends to JP's I've seen more than one person give a clannie a JP just because they were looking for one. Also the generosity in for our giveaways is sometimes staggering, whether its a server wide giveaway or just in clan people are giving more and of better quality, it is no longer a surprise to see an Until Death or Zepar that has been donated to the cause.

As for the devs, I know we give them a lot of flak for the issues in the game but I think that they do try to use our input when it is feasible. From Rashere taking weapon suggestions for Solstice strike last year, Rarnok working with people in PTS to try and level the playing field in PvP, Kiwi trying to resolve issues within the forums or to biological high cap mags dropping during the current. event. I believe that we are being heard, even if there appears to be a lack of action.

Oedipus
11-19-2016, 06:07 PM
My favorite thing was killing Rarnok on the test server. I loved helping with the testing, and feeling like I was contributing to the game. A big THANKS! to the devs and support staff at Trion.

Supabee
11-19-2016, 06:15 PM
Well my favorite moment is quite simple really but very special to me i have been playing this game been on and off and one day when i was on Altra posted free give always just come find him so i ventured to finding him with my pumpkin head on and i got to OJ's free ^_^ as if that was't enough he then invited me into his clan which know now to be Family everyone welcomed me so warmly showed me the ropes and I'm still learning But I'm totally better of from where I was to where i am now....... Indeed that a moment to give thanks for...... ^_^

Tauriiel
11-19-2016, 06:17 PM
My favourite moment was downloading this game for the first time. If not for that, I'd never have met so many wonderful people with a common interest in gaming. Despite ups and downs, I owe it to my friends and clanmates for keeping this game alive for me. Thanks guys, for all the company you've kept me; you're the bees knees.

Bentu
11-20-2016, 01:39 AM
There's no one thing that I can name but I did enjoy the Dawn Patrol Death Marches, I was for the most part tail end Charlie, bringing up the rear and herding the strays in the right direction.
I'm not allowed to recall my favourite instance from one of these but the community events are what used to make Defiance a fun place for me.

OMEGASAIYAN PRIME
11-20-2016, 10:03 PM
Hi, everyone.
Just started playing a year ago, when i was a low ego there was a player that gave me 100k script and just walk away, when i was E.lvl 1k that was nice! i was like wow,TY santa. I did that when I have script, that was fun.
Then my clan took me to expo on a high tier, the week after (tier 55 i think) I was like "ooh mercy. you guys are a riot. reallyy funny." LMAO. cause I keep dying but they kept reviving me but at the end i got a OJ cyber rig. how cool was that? did that to my junior guys for fun now, when i was finally able to...not die constantly. lol
My friend keep showing me 10 jp during the Armitrice. so when I got my UD I showed it to him too. he's reaction was priceless. lol. but mine was nerf so baad like every time i get to 2325 x3 dmg. like 5x, it got nerf down 5x, (yeah trion! your a wanker) but I kept it to this day.
Then I i pulled 3 aza, gave 1 to my friend cause he was soo bummed out not getting 1, b4 he lost a loved one. sooo bummer. :( he doesn't play as much.
and lately the game improved, so thanks for doing that change.
But Hey, keep the good not the bad, right?

Wagner Serrato
11-21-2016, 04:59 AM
My favorite moments.
It was the first week of New Frontier Harvest where the server would reboot in 5 minutes and appeared a Major.
And I called everyone in the Zone to come and help and I've never seen so many players put together to close with the golden key, it was the best moment I saw in the game where everyone gathered and thanked each other.
It was epic and I will never forget

BaronFrosch
11-21-2016, 06:16 AM
Best moment, was finding you guys and enjoying each day of playing defiance. Thanks for the memories and future ones to come!

Spicy Tentacles
11-21-2016, 06:34 AM
Well im kinda new in Defiance. I think the most happy memory i have is when i supremed my first weapon. It is a Crimefighter :)

Synister Kid
11-21-2016, 02:11 PM
My favorite part of the game is that I have watched my guy play for almost two years. He set me up with my own account and now i can join in the fun and frustration. Kind of bummed my first event is this NFH, but still having fun. Thanks to those that created this game and gave us all a way to stay out of trouble. This is the only game i have seen my guy play for this long, so you guys are onto something here.

Lourine
11-22-2016, 06:58 AM
priceless was today i just have to deal al of u... guys, helped a fresh newby started yesterday, so by helping him out i have a alt thats very low ego so i can downgrade weapons for just this reason and give to a newby, anyway lol as i was helping him get his first car at the vender he didnt have enough script so i gave him 1mil the response was priceless he turned around and said WOW... are u the owner or the admin on this game u have so much money lool and then i gave him weapons and awww he was speechless then he said so much powerfull weapons can i help him with that... needless to say i added him as friend and i will be helping him in the game its so awesome.....

Just had to share ty guys...

Tiwi
11-22-2016, 11:01 AM
my favorite moment was one day, me and a bunch of clannies were in the trionworlds twitch chat, getting stoked for the defiance stream. so naturally me being my normal self i said in chat, jason (one of my friends) sucks nades. so ba'alaraphim one of my other friends took the opportunity to say Tiwi sucks nads, then all of a sudden baal gets the "you were banned for 600 seconds" chat and while im busy laughing my *** off i get it too lol. we were all in teamspeak laughing about it, wouldnt have been possible without a game like this xD

AwareRelic
11-22-2016, 11:12 AM
Ever since the Blight experience I was hooked on just one certain weapon the Rot Fissure and no matter how much I tried I couldnt get close enough. You came out with the Loyalty crate and I faithfully kept trying as soon as I had 22 points then one day I pulled that damned boomer and was the happiest day of my life. I want to thank you all for the loyalty achievement and no matter how agitated it gets sometimes I do know you all work hard so Thank you all !

Arkadia
11-22-2016, 11:27 AM
I think my favorite moments in defiance are the ones that make you feel like you actually accomplished something. Such as supremeing an item first try or pulling the JP you were hoping for or even taking down a major Arkfall by yourself at 4 am. All of those and many more instances akin to them.

So thank you devs and everyone else working behind the scenes. I know we complain allot but that just died we care!! Haha happy thanksgiving to all you turkeys at trion

Sevrin
11-23-2016, 12:46 PM
So many good times and good friends in this game. For the old days, I remember getting together with about 25 other players and we decided to try and take down the Monolith at the Bridge (when there used to be a monolith there) without doing the mission. We tried everything and every tactic we could think of. We got slaughtered and couldn't do it, but it was so much fun with so many working together.

But the moment that sticks with me these days is when a bunch of Cronnies got together during 99 Problems and started taking down Inquisitors with swords. I was laughing so hard I could hardly work my mouse. Anyway here is a video that Ba'al posted of one of the efforts if you want to see: http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?248228-Video-Slashin-some-quisitors-n-stuff-99-Problems-w-Swords!

Also wanted to say thanks to my clan founders / leaders Xellia and Altras who have put so much work into making Cronus such a great experience. Defiance is much the better for your work! Thanks to my clannies Logain, Wahlabi, Froggie and the rest of you (both past and present Cronnies). Harks, wherever you may be these days, you are the best player I ever saw and thanks for taking me under your wing and all the help you offered to this clueless newb. And, finally, thanks to Zero Accuracy for the help you gave this clueless vet :cool:

msummers
11-23-2016, 02:33 PM
My Favorite moment was when I got frostbite from the Major Arkbreak (which I think was titled "O Come All Ye Arkhunters") for Solstice Strike last year from the final boss and during the event I managed to both fully mod and mastered the gun by the end of the event.

I would also like to say thanks for creating a fun game

shane_dalvin
11-24-2016, 01:38 AM
I have probably been playing Defiance for about 5 or 6 months now. I'll start off with saying that I'm a single player story mode kind of gamer. I have never liked or enjoyed any online only multiplayer games, or any multiplayer game modes in general, but for some reason I LOVE THIS GAME! I first discovered it on the playstation store as a free to play game. I was bored so I figured why not? My expectations were low and I figured it would be one of those throw-a-way games that might be alright for a day or two. I was dead wrong. I feel like I have put at least 350 hours into it so far, maybe more. Even after the first week I thought I would get sick of it and move on to something else, but nope. I never even planed on spending any actual money on it, but it was just so good that I wanted to support it for all the hours of fun it gave me so I spent the last $5 I had on upgrading my key count. I've been out of work for almost two years now but I'm finally starting a new job next week and I'm hoping this game isn't going away anytime soon because I plan on at least getting some of the DLC that I've been wanting for awhile now. That's all I gotta say. It's 3:37AM on Thanksgiving day. Thank you for creating and keeping this awesome game going. I'm still learning new things every day that I didn't know.

Seadawg67
11-25-2016, 02:11 PM
My most memorable moment was a couple of weeks back in 101 explosions, I was the gunner and captoddy was the driver of a ceberus, he was a wild man driving inside warehouses and running over every raider he possibly could, I was laughing so hard at his determination to kill raiders that I was crying, my gf had no idea what was going on.... Thank you defiance staff for all the efforts you make towards providing a good gaming community, even though they are often overlooked by many...

JaxxPS
11-26-2016, 03:51 PM
Best experience/moment? mmmmh... I think my best experience was the last nostalgic months i got when leveling up an alt, even make a friend and we get to 4k together, i returned to my main toon because of NFH started but it was funny to be a newbie again (also got like 51 HR 3 at a time lol). Even with its issues this game still as a good game, maybe a bug here, some crits there, but i still have hope one day i will feel what i felt that september midnight back in 2014 when i started playing

Micro_Jedi
11-26-2016, 06:09 PM
My best moment has to be getting a jackpot pride on my first arkfall on an alt i had just made and thanks to all my friends and the clan that i'm in :).

Altras
11-29-2016, 07:06 AM
Last day to enter!

Lilith Vorkosigan
11-29-2016, 08:23 PM
Best memory is rolling into Hellbug Horror with my clanner buddy and wiping it clear of hostiles without either of us losing shields.

But I guess I'm too late for this.

Triggered
11-29-2016, 09:10 PM
Best memory is probably yesterday morning just running expos with clannies. No one was complaining or criticizing. It is

so refreshing that this game is nearly void of all elitism (I don't pvp yet).

There are some things I dislike about the game. Driving and forcing me to spend ego points by not letting me go to another screen... Despite that the game has wonderful, visceral combat. Sure the enemy AI could use some sprucing up a bit but I have fun with the game. Thanks devs.

P.S.--We only complain so much because we love this game.

KiritoXtreme
11-29-2016, 10:41 PM
My best moments would be when I probably got my very first jackpot without the karma stuff and without any patron; solely on my own after 8 months of playing xD

Altras
11-30-2016, 04:30 AM
Entries are closed! Winners will be announced later today!

Altras
12-01-2016, 03:33 AM
Sorry for the delay, will be posting this afternoon after work :)

xSalemx
12-01-2016, 11:43 AM
I know it's over, but this thread seems appropriate.
Anyway, was playing PVP on Military Academy map.
Was just trying to finish the get 25 kills pursuit, so figured what the heck, and got into a Cerberus.
Ended up running over a few people, then one of my teammates, Element, hijacks an enemy Cerberus & starts blowing the horn at me.
I realized he wanted to team up and go around on a rampage running over everyone, which we did.
I remember one poor guy was stuck in a corner and we both just kept ramming into him while laying on the horn XD

Basically, it was a lot like this.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XaPKU-Kh6Ic

Then later today, was working on turret kills for the pursuit in Military Academy. Was having a good run, but after the driver got killed I was stuck on the turret & somehow got underneath the map. Then two guys spawned to the driver and passenger side of the Cerberus. When this happened the vehicle began falling and you could look up and see the entire map. Then we hit bottom and died.

Altras
12-01-2016, 07:31 PM
ThanksGiveaway Winners!

Torc Bundle Grandprize Winner!
Cygnus!

APS Carrier Outfit+Blue Challenger/Red Stripe Winners

WhiteStrike!

Tauriiel!

Shane_Dalvin

Thank you everyone for sharing your defiance memories!
There's a lot of great reads on here, hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving!

SanCarioca
12-02-2016, 06:41 AM
Congratulations to the winners!

Johnny Dbag
12-02-2016, 09:11 AM
Congratulations to y'all

xSalemx
12-04-2016, 11:15 AM
And thanks to all who participated and made this event happen!

Palurdo
12-04-2016, 12:36 PM
Congratulations to all the winners, and thanks to the devs for letting us share these beautiful memories with you all. Happy Huntin'.