PDA

View Full Version : You can do WHATEVER you want to other players

Kuroro
11-03-2016, 12:29 PM
"You can do WHATEVER you want to other players...as long it doesnt affect trion's pocket"

A quote from a guy who said it yesterday,a fact,a sad reality.Trion,I wont stop fighting against thieves until you developers do something about it.The list of thieves is increasing because no one can do anything about it,I am tired of seeing trusted friends & clanmates losing their gears because of this.
My suggestion to fix the problem is here http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?249837-How-to-stop-thieves
Take a look,do something about it,soon as posible.I know I have not the aurority to tell you what to do but,have not you think about the bunch of players who quited playing because they lose their stuffs? have not you think how unfair is that a 3000 ego newbie gets the best gear in game stealing while others had to play for years to get it? stop thinking about your pockets for 1 day,just 1 day,and think about the persons playing the game you get money with.

And by the way,I was told by players of the european server that the thieves are coming to the NA server because of the amount of people to steal from.

PS3 NA server

alien
11-03-2016, 01:21 PM
"You can do WHATEVER you want to other players...as long it doesnt affect trion's pocket"

A quote from a guy who said it yesterday,a fact,a sad reality.Trion,I wont stop fighting against thieves until you developers do something about it.The list of thieves is increasing because no one can do anything about it,I am tired of seeing trusted friends & clanmates losing their gears because of this.
My suggestion to fix the problem is here http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?249837-How-to-stop-thieves
Take a look,do something about it,soon as posible.I know I have not the aurority to tell you what to do but,have not you think about the bunch of players who quited playing because they lose their stuffs? have not you think how unfair is that a 3000 ego newbie gets the best gear in game stealing while others had to play for years to get it? stop thinking about your pockets for 1 day,just 1 day,and think about the persons playing the game you get money with.

And by the way,I was told by players of the european server that the thieves are coming to the NA server because of the amount of people to steal from.

PS3 NA server

Wtf is wrong with these forums i just wrote a wall of text and it just disappeared

If you don't want to get scammed only trade with your friends and clannies and nice people in general. Simple as that.

Ronin9572
11-03-2016, 02:04 PM
Yes it's a shame. See more and more ppl in zone saying they just had something stolen and the persons who did it name. There are alot of new players and alot of new thieves. But as many have already said (even Trion), no one's going to do anything about it. I just hope Trion's security don't take a hit one of these days

Bentu
11-03-2016, 02:11 PM

PS3 NA server

Hold on didn't you post in off topic that you no longer played and had given your account details to someone else so they could play on your account.

That's the perfect way to get scammed or for other people to get scammed thinking they are trading with you but no it's someone else.

Kuroro
11-03-2016, 02:15 PM
Hold on didn't you post in off topic that you no longer played and had given your account details to someone else so they could play on your account.

That's the perfect way to get scammed or for other people to get scammed thinking they are trading with you but no it's someone else.

I gave my account to a trusted friend for some weeks and that has nothing to do with the thieves in game.

Bentu
11-03-2016, 02:16 PM
I gave my account to a trusted friend for some weeks and that has nothing to do with the thieves in game.

A trusted friend to you maybe but he's not known to others.

Kuroro
11-03-2016, 02:27 PM
A trusted friend to you maybe but he's not known to others.

What you are trying to say is that the guy you dont know is a thief,that is hilarious,none of my friends is a thief,I hate thieves.IŽd not give my account to a thief,and I gave it to him because he gave me all his jackpots in 2015 when he quited playing so it is my fault that he has nothing to use now,in some way.
Which still has nothing to do with the thieves in game.

Ryu Soba JP
11-03-2016, 02:47 PM
Like I've been saying. Limit your trades and only trade with players you know in game for a long time. If a trade seems suspicious then don't do it. If someone threatens to hack you or your clan mates just ignore them, block them and document it. If something wonky starts happening send in a ticket with your documented proof. That's all you can really do. Trion has posted many times to be aware of who you are trading with.

Bentu
11-03-2016, 02:51 PM
What you are trying to say is that the guy you dont know is a thief,that is hilarious,none of my friends is a thief,I hate thieves.IŽd not give my account to a thief,and I gave it to him because he gave me all his jackpots in 2015 when he quited playing so it is my fault that he has nothing to use now,in some way.
Which still has nothing to do with the thieves in game.

I haven't said anyone is a thief but I find it amusing that you feel it's okay to give your account details to someone else.
That person is then free to run around and do whatever they like in game under your name.

Not very security conscience is it and just because you trust them doesn't mean that everyone else should.

Like I've been saying. Limit your trades and only trade with players you know in game for a long time. If a trade seems suspicious then don't do it. If someone threatens to hack you or your clan mates just ignore them, block them and document it. If something wonky starts happening send in a ticket with your documented proof. That's all you can really do. Trion has posted many times to be aware of who you are trading with.

And this makes my point, if someone has shared an account we don't know who we're dealing with.

These scammers could be doing just this.

DEATHBRINGER210
11-03-2016, 02:55 PM
it isnt okay to take advantage of lower ego clan members . who dont know any better . and trade them out of their top dollar jps for sub par oj non jp gear

Kuroro
11-03-2016, 02:59 PM
it isnt okay to take advantage of lower ego clan members . who dont know any better . and trade them out of their top dollar jps for sub par oj non jp gear

True, I know a lot of players trading psn cards for jackpots.But that has nothing to do with the thieves anyway.

DEATHBRINGER210
11-03-2016, 03:00 PM
hmm i remember some1 saying that you couldnt trade glitch here
http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?244873-A-person-stealing-on-trades-PS3-NA&highlight=thieves

DEATHBRINGER210
11-03-2016, 03:02 PM
True, I know a lot of players trading psn cards for jackpots.But that has nothing to do with the thieves anyway.

its scamming and ripping off .

Kuroro
11-03-2016, 03:02 PM
Bentu,the scammers are stealing in trade windows quiting the items fast.Some of them have multiple accounts shared on different clans to steal from different persons,IŽd give their names and the clans they are in but IŽd be banned if I do.
People should not be suspecting of everyone around just because trion has a weak part on the trade window to be exploited,they should fix it and that is all,this is what the thread is about.

Ryu Soba JP
11-03-2016, 03:05 PM
Trades are being exploited just like many of the arkforge trades are scams. I've reported in detail and never got a response back. But, I hope they fix it.

Bentu
11-03-2016, 03:09 PM
Bentu,the scammers are stealing in trade windows quiting the items fast.Some of them have multiple accounts shared on different clans to steal from different persons,IŽd give their names and the clans they are in but IŽd be banned if I do.
People should not be suspecting of everyone around just because trion has a weak part on the trade window to be exploited,they should fix it and that is all,this is what the thread is about.

As we saw in a post the other day (someone else can get the link if they like) it's not against tos to scam in Defiance.
I myself made the point of saying some time ago that if a player is actually role playing in Defiance it could be part of their game and live by their whits to beg and steal their way through the game.

Kuroro
11-03-2016, 03:10 PM
Trades are being exploited just like many of the arkforge trades are scams. I've reported in detail and never got a response back. But, I hope they fix it.

Do you mean this thread? I remember this thread, where an admin told you they DO care about what happens to the people in game

http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?178785-In-game-thieves

DEATHBRINGER210
11-03-2016, 03:10 PM
after the whole 'scamming is legal" thing .why even bring this subject up? we all know where trion stands on this issue . its a trader beware market .
http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?222688-Please-Exercise-Caution-with-Trades

Kuroro
11-03-2016, 03:13 PM
As we saw in a post the other day (someone else can get the link if they like) it's not against tos to scam in Defiance.
I myself made the point of saying some time ago that if a player is actually role playing in Defiance it could be part of their game and live by their whits to beg and steal their way through the game.

Yes it is not against the rules because the developers thought it was imposible to steal through trades...it is posible,it must be fixed.
The rules are there for the people loaning items or giving them to upgrade with arkforge,they never thought we would have to play surrounded by around of 30 thieves in game.And they keep creating new psn accounts to keep stealing.

Triggered
11-03-2016, 03:26 PM
This really should be resolved. You did it for Trove and that game came after Defiance.

Bentu
11-03-2016, 03:38 PM
Yes it is not against the rules because the developers thought it was imposible to steal through trades...it is posible,it must be fixed.
The rules are there for the people loaning items or giving them to upgrade with arkforge,they never thought we would have to play surrounded by around of 30 thieves in game.And they keep creating new psn accounts to keep stealing.

If you're going to give your gear to someone else for whatever reason then you have to be prepared not to see it again.

As with the trade glitch if you take your time and don't rush things and wait for the other person to push accept first and still take your time to push accept you won't have any problems.

I've had someone try to do it on xbx before when they've changed the item at the last minute but because I took my time accepting etc I didn't get caught out.