PDA

View Full Version : BMGS Ruined EXL Arks for me.

Altras
11-05-2016, 09:36 AM
I get it, this is a charity event, I donated $50 for Boston Children's Hospitals so don't get this post twisted.

Since I don't stream, I like to record videos. I was planning on making a Defiance EXL video until a specific group of players from a specific clan started following people around with bmgs. Now, if they were to use them offensively, it'd help there drops, and wouldn't be blinding or lag inducing to other players.

But of course that's not the case, these folks are intentionally trying to lag people out, which ain't cool man.

So if you plan on using a BMG this EXL, if your not using it offensively, your being rude. Save an event and stop bmg healing!

Canobis
11-05-2016, 09:49 AM
I can't participate in the event. There are so many people purposely spamming BMG's it's impossible to
see anything, and moving around is a joke.

They claim to be healing, but somehow i'm always needing to be revived when they are around. If I could see I could maybe kill something and not need healing. Hell I didn't need healing in the first or last place for that matter. BMG's pretty much ruin the game normally, and this blatant abuse of them, especially during a charity event, is just absurd to say the least.

Id rather re-spawn a billion times than deal with a single BMG.

Kuroro
11-05-2016, 09:50 AM
I just logged in to ps3 NA and it is happening there too...

Mantater
11-05-2016, 10:01 AM
They are giving you extra life!

xXxDSMer
11-05-2016, 10:40 AM
Does anyone seriously think bmg healing at any event major arkfall is an EXL exclusive thing?

& btw.. bmg is literally just another weapon. Whether it's healing or attacking, it's not causing any more lag than any other weapon in the game.

KILLSHOT707
11-05-2016, 11:08 AM
On Xbox BMG's are there in force, but the car spawners are causing all the lag and disappearing issues. Car spawning at ark falls is flat out ruining the game. Why the don't just apply code that is already in the game to stop it is beyond me.

Trick83
11-05-2016, 11:13 AM
BMGs just need to go away. There isn't one that can out heal my guns and they do jack for damage. They are literally only for point-whoring. They contribute nothing to the game.

Good luck with the video and may the other clans computers learn the spell "magic blue smoke".

Johnny Stranger
11-05-2016, 11:24 AM
The car spawners are doing far worse than bmg . I have done 4 majors , saw 5 enemies ... if not for a bmg heal , 0 points ... I use my bmg for damage but when enemies are invisible , or. cars are spawning every which way but loose so you can't even shoot an enemy , I'll be healing , and it's not because I'm rude or ignorant , it's the only way to get a score ...peace

WhiteStrike
11-05-2016, 11:34 AM
I wish that if you muted someone you couldn't see their toon nor their weapon's effects(with the exception of cases such as PvP).

DEATHBRINGER210
11-05-2016, 11:43 AM
I wish that if you muted someone you couldn't see their toon nor their weapon's effects(with the exception of cases such as PvP).

you can mute everyone. and you wont see anyone

DEATHBRINGER210
11-05-2016, 12:19 PM
i have yet to hear a dev come out and say bmgs cause frame rate issues . its been over 3 years

Ronin9572
11-05-2016, 01:01 PM
I did one EXL major today. Couldn't see enemies till they were almost dead or dead. So i hate to say it but i understand why ppl use them. But others just do it just to get their scores up. When I could shoot I had a parking lot of cars to shoot thru. So not to mention my score was very low and that was it for me for the day. GL to all at the EXL event won't be wasting my time with this again.

Canobis
11-05-2016, 01:17 PM
i have yet to hear a dev come out and say bmgs cause frame rate issues . its been over 3 years

So tell me why exactly they tried to tone down the VFX of the BMG if it wasn't an issue. Just because they don't post it doesn't mean it's not an issue, and the very act of attempting to adjust down the VFX implies that it is indeed an issue of some kind.

IMO they didn't tone it down enough, but maybe they did all they could do with it.

Omega Maximus
11-05-2016, 01:36 PM
Playing to benefit Childrens Hospital in the great state of Vermont! Feel the Bern!!!

http://www.extra-life.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=donorDrive.participant&participantID=237204

Bentu
11-05-2016, 02:34 PM
Have to admit to being a bmg user and here's why.
The damn things are over so quickly that the only way I've been able to get any points at some is to ram the crystal with the car when I get there hoping to run something over and as soon as I pop out of the car and start healing because of the lag I can't see anyone.
Sludge rl and bio nades help get some points to.

clubside
11-05-2016, 02:36 PM
So tell me why exactly they tried to tone down the VFX of the BMG if it wasn't an issue. Just because they don't post it doesn't mean it's not an issue, and the very act of attempting to adjust down the VFX implies that it is indeed an issue of some kind.

IMO they didn't tone it down enough, but maybe they did all they could do with it.

Because to many the particle effects are blinding, particularly at the higher resolutions possible on PC. BMG effects are client-side renders so if it's not causing "lag". If any weapon is causing issues its infectors because other player's bugs have a higher rendering priority than enemies or static barriers.

DEATHBRINGER210
11-05-2016, 03:58 PM

the blinding blue and whits colors in the vfxs

Ryim
11-05-2016, 04:09 PM
Got in a "discussion" with another player about this the other day. Both of us 6000 ego and they were saying they used BMG's to gain points. Using a Shotgun, I outpointed them (by a significant margin).

My point is that using BMG's for points isn't the best option.

With the main thread of this discussion: BMG's may or may not cause lag (No Dev has chimed in, and they're probably scared to), however, they are a MAJOR annoyance as they are. The visual FX are just stupidly blinding (especially that 'Protector" version). In addition, the 'healing' they do is pitiful.

And now people are using them to purposefully annoy others during a charity event....sad.

Trion, you need to step up and do something here, or you need to just hang your head in shame.

Bentu
11-05-2016, 04:27 PM
Got in a "discussion" with another player about this the other day. Both of us 6000 ego and they were saying they used BMG's to gain points. Using a Shotgun, I outpointed them (by a significant margin).

With the main thread of this discussion: BMG's may or may not cause lag (No Dev has chimed in, and they're probably scared to), however, they are a MAJOR annoyance as they are. The visual FX are just stupidly blinding (especially that 'Protector" version). In addition, the 'healing' they do is pitiful.

And now people are using them to purposefully annoy others during a charity event....sad.

Trion, you need to step up and do something here, or you need to just hang your head in shame.

Being 6k qualifies for very little these days and could account for the other guys claim regarding the bmg because there's bmg's and there's bmg's.

Ryim
11-05-2016, 04:35 PM
Being 6k qualifies for very little these days and could account for the other guys claim regarding the bmg because there's bmg's and there's bmg's.

Exactly my point. Skill counts for more than ANY weapon. I only mentioned that we were both 6k to give a base of comparison. BMG's aren't the "best", and neither are shotties, BR's, etc, etc. What's the best, is skill.

Bentu
11-05-2016, 04:42 PM
Exactly my point. Skill counts for more than ANY weapon. I only mentioned that we were both 6k to give a base of comparison. BMG's aren't the "best", and neither are shotties, BR's, etc, etc. What's the best, is skill.

Skill and knowledge of the game yes.

Ronin9572
11-05-2016, 04:58 PM

Your exactly right. But ppl have been told that BMG's score higher, create more drops and higher tiers, will increase your chance at a JP, than that spawning vehicles will also increase your chance at JP's. I don't know how many times I have heard all this, and ppl believe it. Than you have the ppl and clans that do these things just to tick ppl off, or cause lag. It's just sad, play the damn game and just stop trolling ppl. If your that bored just move on! Trion just flat out refuses to address anything unless it has something to do with bit store sales. It's such a shame the game has come to this point. Smh...

Chump Norris
11-05-2016, 05:32 PM
I heal and attack with my BMG just like it was meant to be used.

xXxDSMer
11-05-2016, 06:32 PM

The only issue that caused that adjustment is player complaints of the vfx blinding them.

Really I don't see why the vfx wasn't toned down a lot more. The number one (legit) complaint about bmgs is impairment of vision.. and IMO having a bright blue-white effect is rather unnecessary. The 'beam' could be made a lot smaller, or a lot dimmer, or a different color that doesn't impede vision as much.

But the notion that any weapon causes any more lag than say.. a blast rifle that sends out at least 45 individual projectiles every second (15*3=45)... is just plain silly.

Your exactly right. But ppl have been told that BMG's score higher, create more drops and higher tiers, will increase your chance at a JP, than that spawning vehicles will also increase your chance at JP's. I don't know how many times I have heard all this, and ppl believe it. Than you have the ppl and clans that do these things just to tick ppl off, or cause lag. It's just sad, play the damn game and just stop trolling ppl. If your that bored just move on! Trion just flat out refuses to address anything unless it has something to do with bit store sales. It's such a shame the game has come to this point. Smh...

Ah.. but it does have something to do with bit store sales. Less people playing the game because of many unaddressed issues including vehicle spawning at arkfalls means less people around to spend $.

NullWolf
11-05-2016, 09:20 PM
The minors you can tend to do with no problem since they're over and done with before half of a servers playerbase has descended upon the thing.

The EXL majors on the other hand I've witnessed em crash and burn 3 or so times today looking like they take large chunks of players with em
-all that extra time, no matter how minuscule, gives large portions of the players time to get to it
-the final is tiny
-the finals are being swarmed by 60+ players with large portions of those players spamming BMGs, CFs, Purgs, and anything else that goes boom or splash. Also cars...
-more and more people at TPing into ground zero by the second
I've pretty much adapted the strategy of hitting as many of the minors as possible for the gold HBs then running as far away as possible when the final hits.

Canobis
11-06-2016, 03:54 PM
the blinding blue and whits colors in the vfxs

So you just made your first comment about the devs and bmg's moot. You know there are issues with bmg's and have admitted it.

I have no problem with bmg's offensively. The VFX is not nearly as blinding. These fools are healing at the tiny arkfall. Why heal to kill stuff? i have no clue. Why try to get points? Again no idea. Bmg's are being out scored constantly for the measley 2 or 5 extra AF that first place gives out.

You can get more AF from doing incursions that are almost constantly available.

Sensitive Sally
11-06-2016, 11:04 PM
Is the EXL Vendor here?
It's like Where's Waldo