PDA

View Full Version : My Idea on How to Balance Stealth

mcnasty
04-07-2013, 11:57 AM
So to start of with this is not a QQ post about how stealth is so op, but like most people i do think it needs to be tweaked.

I have recently started using the cloaking in matchmaking and my idea to fix it would be once you break your cloak by shooting it pulls you out of stealth until your cd is up instead of just the set time being invis.

what do you guys think?
would this nerf cloak too much?
If so what do you think about when you shoot it drains some time off of your active cloak timer?

RoganTheGypo
04-07-2013, 12:52 PM
No. Look at the perks around cloak. Its a PVP skill if you applied this to cloak the same rule would have to apply to appl builds rendering them useless in all situations, if you pay attention you can actually see the players while cloaked and the cool down ditctates how many times they can actually use it...

Edit Also cloak lasts for less than a minute anyway and when your shot/taking damaged your exposed anyway.

Aidan415
04-07-2013, 12:56 PM
This would also pretty much mean that cloak builds would have to revolve around 1 shot kill weapons as losing my cloak from firing 1 AR round would be beyond stupid and the 30% dmg buff while cloaked would be useless too.

mcnasty
04-07-2013, 01:13 PM
"Its a PVP skill if you applied this to cloak the same rule would have to apply to appl builds rendering them useless in all situations"
Im not sure what you mean here. could you please clarify.

I don't think these changes would make cloak useless.
To me cloak should be something used to give yourself the advantage. It lets you get position you want and let you take the first shot and not something that you cane use throughout the fight.
If you are using cloak + shotty 90% of the time you are going to kill them one shot and to me this is fine.
Getting blown away with a shotty is par for the course in online mutiplayer, but what i don't like is when I can just dive away and by the time i end the dive im invisible again.
so this lets you take group of 3 or 4 down at one time.

mcnasty
04-07-2013, 01:15 PM
This would also pretty much mean that cloak builds would have to revolve around 1 shot kill weapons as losing my cloak from firing 1 AR round would be beyond stupid and the 30% dmg buff while cloaked would be useless too.

You have a good point.
but do you not think there should be some penalty for shooting you weapon while cloaked other than getting uncloaked for less than a second.

At the very least i think it should drain some time off your cloaking time

Aidan415
04-07-2013, 01:38 PM
That would still favor shotguns even more, because if i use an Smg the amount of shots it uses at once would drain my entire cloak in seconds apposed to using a shotgun which would allow me to stay in cloak for longer per shots used.

The only change i can think of that wouldn't destroy the cloak ability entirely would be that while sprinting or Rolling your cloak fades out like when you shoot that way they are forced to use the normal run speed to get behind people also meaning that people who sprint will be able to get out of range of their 1 shot kills.

Tekkor
04-07-2013, 02:49 PM
The only change i can think of that wouldn't destroy the cloak ability entirely would be that while sprinting or Rolling your cloak fades out like when you shoot that way they are forced to use the normal run speed to get behind people also meaning that people who sprint will be able to get out of range of their 1 shot kills.

I agree with this change. People should not be able to sprint with Cloak on. The only other change I think that should happen is Im not sure how low you can get the cooldown on Cloak...but there are like 3 ways to lower it. I havent calculated it up...but its probably too short a cooldown once you have all that. I dont think ANY of the Ego powers should be able to refresh faster then say...40 seconds.

Having people use them every 30 seconds or less (if thats what it adds up to) is a bit too much.

Drall
04-07-2013, 03:12 PM
They need to tone down Shadowed Strike, I get its supposed to be a sniping thing but with the strength of shotguns it just makes it absolutely ridiculous. Even if nerfed 50% its probably still too good.