PDA

View Full Version : Don't underestimate Demogrogon

Sevrin
11-09-2016, 11:45 AM
Usually when I get an event JP shotgun, I slap a few mods on it, master it for fun and store it away in the dust bin locker or just give it away. After this event, I had a few AF to play with so I supremed it (15%) and got supreme fire rate mastery. I also put a fast action re-loader on it. Wow just wow. IMHO it is by far the best all-round shottie I have ever used. While I haven't used it yet in ultra high expos, it is huge in the tight cave boss room! In the era of BR everything, it is nice to find a killer weapon in another class. Really nicely done Trion!

PS In limited testing I've also found the Belphegor to be much better than expected.

Fallen_Aingeal
11-09-2016, 12:22 PM
I love my gorgon. I got a firerate mastery and refuse to change it! The thing is a beast in PVE.

A clan mate told me it was terrible in pvp. I haven't tried it yet, so have no basis to comment.

The thing is great!

Rhettro
11-09-2016, 12:34 PM
I agree, Sevrin, I have been pairing it with a blast rifle in expos and it is very effective. Makes managing ammo pools very easy. It convers well to other nanos, too.

konstantinov
11-09-2016, 01:15 PM
I mastered my Nordic Wrath for 1.10 fire rate. It's absolutely insane.

Altras
11-09-2016, 01:54 PM
I agree. When I first got it I didn't think much, but man does that sucker pack a punch!

xXxDSMer
11-09-2016, 02:12 PM
Most people assume it's just another low dps combat shotgun - but it's certainly not.
Demo is actually in the same neighborhood as blast rifle for DPS.

Lake Superior
11-09-2016, 02:51 PM
Agreed.
I have had nothing but a smile on my face since I started using it.
Volge Siege or Incursion? - Demo rocks.
Faith Conflict in Silicone Valley? - Demo rocks
Got pesky shielded enemies in general that you need to plow through? -Demo rocks.
This gun is the goods.

NullWolf
11-09-2016, 04:11 PM
Had an oj Demo with firerate mastery, easily one of the better shotguns out there.

Sold it since I'd rarely touch it cause I have t6 Lacerator with mag mastery full t5'd though.

Old Skool
11-10-2016, 03:35 AM
On Day One Of Hulker Hell I pulled Demogorgon...

Later That Day after shooting it around I T4 modded (RSP) Demogorgon...

Moments later I supreme the $#!@ out of Demogorgon...

Immediately and I mean 'with great haste' I rerolled Demogorgon...50% Speed Feet!

I then took that huge Blue Mag roll off (17 now in clip) - and made it x1.25 Crit Demogorgon...

I told everyone don't waste your time with Demogorgon...hehe hehe!

For the next 5 days I quietly bought a full set of T5 SE' shotty mods and made T5 Supreme Speed Feet Demogorgon...

I believe I beat Defiance that day...

TreyxD
11-10-2016, 04:54 AM
I love my Demo, definitely underrated.

RKZX2
11-10-2016, 08:19 AM
i used to love my VOT Fraggers. this is my new fav shotty.

Tashinka
11-10-2016, 10:11 AM
i hardly use shotguns, but with all these rave reviews, i think i will have to try it out

Br3ach
11-10-2016, 10:55 AM
Sevrin,
It's nice to see a post that's positive for a change, (rather than pissing & moaning about rng, servers, etc.)

Thanks for bringing this up. I have one- shot it in a major, then stuffed it in my inventory with the moth balls without a thought. Idk when I would ever pull it out again- but since you mention it, and i always respect your opinion- I will give it some gameplay & see how it does. :cool:

LeeLeeBelle
11-10-2016, 11:02 AM
Make room for me on the Demagorgon band wagon. Mine originally mastered with 15% movement but I changed it to damage and now wish I had left it alone. It's a great gun to use in dark caves.

Lake Superior
11-10-2016, 12:21 PM
Make room for me on the Demagorgon band wagon. Mine originally mastered with 15% movement but I changed it to damage and now wish I had left it alone. It's a great gun to use in dark caves.
Damage is ok ya know. ;)
It's what I rolled on mine....quite happy about it actually.

LeeLeeBelle
11-10-2016, 12:42 PM
Damage is ok ya know. ;)
It's what I rolled on mine....quite happy about it actually.

I know... damage, fire rate, and crit are the ONLY useful masteries. It just seems that when you are in a tight space with lots of enemies the extra movement boost worked for me.

Mrdr
11-10-2016, 01:18 PM
It's a fun gun. Will definitely be trying it out in expos.

Edit: this thing shreds in expos. Got a speedy feet mastery. Good times!

ArthriticNed
11-12-2016, 07:06 AM
I know... damage, fire rate, and crit are the ONLY useful masteries. It just seems that when you are in a tight space with lots of enemies the extra movement boost worked for me.

So there's only 3 useful masteries? Tunnel vision much

Antony Harrist
11-12-2016, 07:34 AM
Got a couple of supreme ones, bio and rad, they both mastered to firerate first try, fricken love em

ARB82
11-12-2016, 10:36 AM
Are bezerkers a thing of the past these days?

Nioni
11-12-2016, 11:00 AM
inB4 nerf fix

Mrdr
11-12-2016, 03:06 PM
inB4 nerf fix

Sad but likely.

doctordabs
11-12-2016, 03:36 PM
I love my gorgon. I got a firerate mastery and refuse to change it! The thing is a beast in PVE.

A clan mate told me it was terrible in pvp. I haven't tried it yet, so have no basis to comment.

The thing is great!

I tried it in PVP with a Sai Focus and the thing was DEVASTATING

Sevrin
11-13-2016, 10:17 AM
Sevrin,
It's nice to see a post that's positive for a change, (rather than pissing & moaning about rng, servers, etc.)

Thanks for bringing this up. I have one- shot it in a major, then stuffed it in my inventory with the moth balls without a thought. Idk when I would ever pull it out again- but since you mention it, and i always respect your opinion- I will give it some gameplay & see how it does. :cool:

You will love it :)

xXxDSMer
11-13-2016, 01:32 PM
inB4 nerf fix

It's actually not out of line. Perhaps if compared to berserker, but I'm sure they intended to make an actually good full auto combat shotgun that isn't half or less the DPS of ARs (as is the case for berserker).

Antony Harrist
11-13-2016, 08:43 PM
It's actually not out of line. Perhaps if compared to berserker, but I'm sure they intended to make an actually good full auto combat shotgun that isn't half or less the DPS of ARs (as is the case for berserker).

Yeh I don't think the demogorgon beats a good BR, but at least it feels like your doing something, not just tickling the enemies

Wuzu
11-13-2016, 08:55 PM
I rarely use shotguns, but this gun was a very pleasant surprise to me as well. First shotty I felt compelled to T6 and I don't regret it. It's great for bugs expo as well as many other situations.

Are bezerkers a thing of the past these days?

Very possible. I compared my Demo to my Hobgoblin, and the Hobgoblin might as well of been a T4. I also compared it to my friends Enforcer, and save for the dmg boost to secondary from Sup syn, it was a pretty equal... Perhaps even in favor of Demo.

Dshort
11-14-2016, 11:14 AM
Going from t5 to t6 on that thing is like getting a totally different weapon! I think if people had taken the time to mod, master and t6 it the right way they wouldn't be selling at such a low price.

LeeLeeBelle
11-14-2016, 11:27 AM
So there's only 3 useful masteries? Tunnel vision much

Understand sarcasm much?

MataC
11-14-2016, 12:29 PM
Oh, yea, Demo with fire rate mastery is a beast, both in PVE and PVP, love it.