PDA

View Full Version : my my..... youve done it now......

MasterProtector
11-10-2016, 05:03 AM
got on first thing this morning to get some bits and get some rig crates..... mitigating the fact it took 20 minutes to even make the purchase due to server malfunction hence giving me a bit pack purchase pending message followed by retrieving defiance store, after finally getting an actual purchase attempt to go through i spend $50 on cyber rig crates to not get a SINGLE legendary item..... not one single one........ im sorry but you need to adjust your rig crates because pretty soon even ill stop spending on bits..... thats utterly unacceptable.

You want a suggestion? how about increase the drop rate of purchased items to a notable level, i think ive heard enough from people talking about spending hundreds of real dollars sometimes to maybe even get just a single legendary, this is not good business and needs to be changed to benefit the players better, this isnt even a question of jackpot drops... this is a simple but massive error in legendary drops being vastly skewed.

Gaige12
11-10-2016, 05:11 AM
Someone gave me a better suggestion once. They said 'Dont buy those crates. You wont get anything for your money.'

I listened.

The drop rates are way too low and until those crates are fixed and dropping oj rigs properly, my money will be spent elsewhere.

PithHelmetIrath
11-10-2016, 06:45 AM
Crates tend to be a poor investment in any game. You're better off buying what you need from someone else who wasted their money on crates. Don't gamble and expect to win.

It's not the RNG that needs to be adjusted, it's your expectations.

http://i.imgur.com/rIXMyy1.gif

Zoomer12
11-10-2016, 07:02 AM
Cyber Rig Crates have the worst drops possible.

Named rig and the keystone do not drop in game, yet the drop rates are the same as the premium elite box / event box jackpots. The legendary chips drop in game, but cant be traded unless you have a named rig, chip pullers AND trust the other person with your named rig.

In other words, everything possible is stacked against you with this crate, yet the drops are abysmal, you can get blues, and the jackpot will likely never happen, even if you buy 100+ crates.

FIX IT DESTRO, this is completely unacceptable and needs to be changed.

This crate CAN NOT be treated the same as the others just to make it a cash cow that makes people quit in frustration.

Zoomer12
11-10-2016, 07:04 AM
Crates tend to be a poor investment in any game. You're better off buying what you need from someone else who wasted their money on crates. Don't gamble and expect to win.

Wrong on every level possible.

WhiteStrike
11-10-2016, 07:18 AM

Mobile Gacha games have better rates than Bitstore crates. That says something.

MasterProtector
11-10-2016, 07:18 AM
its going to be fun watching the "justification" on this one.... bad enough their bitstore is malfunctioning let alone the fractured drop rate for rig crates, destro, when you read this, please do not respond with "we test this thoroughly" we want results not words, enough people have spent hundreds to still tell you nothing good is coming, time to boost the rates for those crates..... its completely unacceptable, RNG shouldnt be an excuse when it comes to real money.... we pay for product and frankly why would anyone buy a rig crate for any less than legendaries, both rigs and chips alike... isnt the purpose to get better gear? because i got worse gear out of that.

Ghost Within
11-10-2016, 07:50 AM
So you didn't get an oj item after buying $50 worth of items....maybe spend more?

Bentu
11-10-2016, 08:39 AM
I learnt my lesson a while back and now won't buy items from the bits store that involve rng and now including arkforg.
Bundles and patron pass etc where you can see what you're getting ok but nothing where it involves Trions weighted rng unless they come under the control of some kind of betting or gaming commission etc.

r1p
11-10-2016, 09:51 AM
Honestly they need to be a little less vague on the bundles as well. I haven't bought once since the Winter Solstice event last year because the OJ rocket launcher included in the bundle turned out to have NO synergy. If they had posted ALL of the details about the bundle then I wouldn't have bought it.

Lake Superior
11-10-2016, 10:06 AM
People wonder why skewed marketing BS is attached to gaming these days (Eg. Like buying pixels as if that is a good investment).
The OP has presented us with yet another example: Poor use of consumer dollars.

Gaige12
11-10-2016, 01:52 PM
Honestly they need to be a little less vague on the bundles as well. I haven't bought once since the Winter Solstice event last year because the OJ rocket launcher included in the bundle turned out to have NO synergy. If they had posted ALL of the details about the bundle then I wouldn't have bought it.

This is what marketing departments do. It's how they function. No company ever sold a product by telling people what they're 'not' getting.

Basperios
11-11-2016, 03:02 PM
"Don't buy those crates. You wont get anything for your money."

Quoted for truth...

Zoomer12
11-11-2016, 03:46 PM
This is what marketing departments do. It's how they function. No company ever sold a product by telling people what they're 'not' getting.

In a game like Defiance, something like a synergy should be pretty standard info because they pretty much all have them.

Trion's description of their products are also some of the worst I have seen, especially since they take NO feedback on board unless it's something they were already going to do, and then make people feel all good because they think they enacted change, but in reality they didn't.

r1p
11-11-2016, 04:57 PM

Marketing departments do this kind of thing because cutting corners increases profits and pointing out short-comings reduces sales. However, there was no reason to do that in this case because it doesn't make Trion any more money by leaving the synergy off. It felt like one of the usual oversights that happens with this game because the devs overlooked it because the are understaffed and then it never got rectified. As far as I know there hasn't been any other bundles with a weapon without a synergy.

DEATHBRINGER210
11-11-2016, 05:16 PM
Marketing departments do this kind of thing because cutting corners increases profits and pointing out short-comings reduces sales. However, there was no reason to do that in this case because it doesn't make Trion any more money by leaving the synergy off. It felt like one of the usual oversights that happens with this game because the devs overlooked it because the are understaffed and then it never got rectified. As far as I know there hasn't been any other bundles with a weapon without a synergy.

the evolved pluser didnt have a syn. nor did the t4 guns the came with the bundle

KILLSHOT707
11-11-2016, 05:32 PM
the evolved pluser didnt have a syn. nor did the t4 guns the came with the bundle

But they took on the syn of the mods you put on them. Keep on topic buddy. Yes the drop rates are a joke. All Trion wants to do now is cash in while they can.

DEATHBRINGER210
11-11-2016, 05:35 PM
But they took on the syn of the mods you put on them. Keep on topic buddy. Yes the drop rates are a joke. All Trion wants to do now is cash in while they can.

hmm my still dont have a syn

DEATHBRINGER210
11-11-2016, 05:38 PM
after so many players spending hundreds and thousands on bit store boxes and not getting anything good from them , but vendor food items. the boxes are nsw

r1p
11-11-2016, 05:53 PM

Oh well in that case....

I missed one so sue me.

Lycan Nightshade
11-11-2016, 08:55 PM
Buying anything out side of inventory slots, loadouts, patron pass is a bloody waste.
"A fool and his money are soon parted"

Lamar Kendrick
11-11-2016, 09:08 PM
Buying anything out side of inventory slots, loadouts, patron pass is a bloody waste.
"A fool and his money are soon parted"

+1 on this

i only buy bits if it's for inventory slots, outfits, vehicles, and patron pass but never on bit crates. once you get addicted, you won't stop buying them til you realize you wasted money on this broken game and that hard earned money can be spend on better things in life (buying an HP OMEN was my best decision)

some people here treats it like a slot machine js but that's just my own opinion

MasterProtector
11-11-2016, 09:11 PM
normally i get patron/ bundles and some event crates for mods and a couple guns to play with but never rig crates... i was talking to someone who spent over $150 on them and they didnt get one legendary either, not very impressed with that. even the event crates usually drop me an oj once every 15 crates....