PDA

View Full Version : Please Trion: Get this game up and running properly.

Lake Superior
11-10-2016, 02:26 PM
http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?250766-11-10-Ongoing-network-connectivity-issues
Yup.
And combined with the awful netcode...
Anyway: Please get this dealt with asap.
I can count on one hand the amount of times I have had the game crit-out in the last month. And 4 of these times have been last night and today (PST).

Destromathe
11-10-2016, 02:29 PM
Hey Lake Superior,

This is actually a hardware issue that is affecting connectivity with all of our Trion products. This is not Defiance specific, and would have not caused any issues in the past month. We do appreciate your patience while we work to resolve this issue.

Lake Superior
11-10-2016, 04:31 PM
Hey Lake Superior,

This is actually a hardware issue that is affecting connectivity with all of our Trion products. This is not Defiance specific, and would have not caused any issues in the past month. We do appreciate your patience while we work to resolve this issue.
Destro: The comment regarding the last month was added as a note that Defiance has it's NORMAL set of issues which cause such things to happen (The "other crit out" was at the end of a Major during the last event).
That being said: When are the new servers and netcode being introduced?

Lake Superior
11-10-2016, 04:50 PM
Destro: The comment regarding the last month was added as a note that Defiance has it's NORMAL set of issues which cause such things to happen (The "other crit out" was at the end of a Major during the last event).
That being said: When are the new servers and netcode being introduced?
You can add two D/C's in the last 30 minutes trying to get the same damned mission done TWICE. Only to have the game D/C near the end.
Seriously: Get a press release out saying you need to shut the servers down until it's fixed.
Because this is ridiculous.

Bentu
11-10-2016, 05:24 PM
You should think yourself lucky as consoles can crit that much in a matter of minutes let alone hours.

Lake Superior
11-11-2016, 09:13 AM
You should think yourself lucky as consoles can crit that much in a matter of minutes let alone hours.
I don't think myself lucky when it comes to most comparisons between PC and Console Bentu. - I'm a PC Gamer for very good reason. And there is little that makes me regret that (Except maybe The Last of Us, and Bayonetta only being on Console; but that's it).
Though having watched these forums for years now, I understand the Console players lament. -How y'all have stuck it out this long is beyond me.
What does drive me crazy is Trion's inability to do anything to make this game better.
I have a picture in my mind of a tired old man limping down a barely populated road. He's bleeding from multiple small wounds. And no one he meets will do anything other than give him a bandaid.

Lake Superior
11-11-2016, 09:43 AM
And here we are. On a day when one has the time to play a bit more than one normally can. And one cannot do so.
Just had the game quit again.
And I KNOW it ain't me.

Dragone
11-11-2016, 09:47 AM
Hey Lake Superior,

Hardware huh? well here's an idea........REPLACE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Here's another idea............UPGRADE HARDWARE! There problem solved.

Dragone
11-11-2016, 09:50 AM
Comparing PC and Consol is like comparing apples to oranges. They don't compare. Two completely different platforms. You choose to play console. others choose to play pc. If consol is worse for this game then maybe you should think of getting a pc?

PithHelmetIrath
11-11-2016, 09:51 AM

Rest assured, people's patience will only go so far before it completely breaks down.

Lake Superior
11-11-2016, 10:01 AM
Rest assured, people's patience will only go so far before it completely breaks down.
And mine is wearing thin. Just had the game boot me again.

Lake Superior
11-11-2016, 10:24 AM
Latest word from Tryawn: http://forums.defiance.com/showthrea...ctivity-issues (http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?250808-Ongoing-network-connectivity-issues)

Bentu
11-11-2016, 10:35 AM
Comparing PC and Consol is like comparing apples to oranges. They don't compare. Two completely different platforms. You choose to play console. others choose to play pc. If consol is worse for this game then maybe you should think of getting a pc?

I was waiting for this kind of reply, instead of trying to understand the critting issue you attack the people on the console systems.

Lake Superior
11-11-2016, 10:44 AM
I was waiting for this kind of reply, instead of trying to understand the critting issue you attack the people on the console systems.
Agreed.
While I make no bones about my regard for the divide between PC and Console Bentu, I hear ya.
Again: Don't know how y'all could have stood it for this long.

Lake Superior
11-11-2016, 11:41 AM
One wonders when Trion is going to actually tell us where they are at? Over two hours of being able to log in; attempt to finish a daily; daily bugs out somewhere near the end AGAIN; server boots me.

PithHelmetIrath
11-11-2016, 12:58 PM
Looking more and more like I'll be keeping the PS4 warm this evening.. with some good ole Battlefield 1 or Rainbow Six Siege.

"It is what it is."

Lake Superior
11-11-2016, 01:11 PM
Looking more and more like I'll be keeping the PS4 warm this evening.. with some good ole Battlefield 1 or Rainbow Six Siege.

"It is what it is."
And here I am thinking about reinstalling World of Metalthingswithguns...

Lake Superior
11-11-2016, 02:12 PM
And here I am thinking about reinstalling World of Metalthingswithguns...
Either this is a tactical effort by Trion to finally cut the cord on this game, or...wait: That has to be it.

Dragone
11-11-2016, 04:15 PM
No where in my post does it say I am 'attacking' you for playing a console. In fact I did say the two are NOT related as they use a different platform. Next time you slam someone like that make sure they actually ARE attacking you.

Lake Superior
11-11-2016, 05:51 PM
No where in my post does it say I am 'attacking' you for playing a console. In fact I did say the two are NOT related as they use a different platform. Next time you slam someone like that make sure they actually ARE attacking you.
Your post reads rude Dragone...meaning the reply to Bentu. IJS

Mrdr
11-11-2016, 05:59 PM
Your post reads rude Dragone...meaning the reply to Bentu. IJS

Agreed. Reads like a PC elitist comment.

Thanks, LS, btw for not being one of them. :)

Chump Norris
11-12-2016, 12:13 AM
Hey Lake Superior,

I hope you get it sorted before NFH, you already cut it down to 2 weeks so crits and hotfixes are going to really suck.

Ronin9572
11-12-2016, 04:59 AM
I was able to actually pla last night. But I did have dc's, hard freezes, and plenty of lag. Many of my friends had alot more problems than I did and couldn't stay on for more than a few minutes at a time. I really do hope this issue us remedied b4 NFH. I tell you what though tired of hearing this problem is on my end, since I'm able to have many devices running and play other games on my PS3 without any issues... JS

Mrdr
11-12-2016, 06:43 AM
I was able to actually pla last night. But I did have dc's, hard freezes, and plenty of lag. Many of my friends had alot more problems than I did and couldn't stay on for more than a few minutes at a time. I really do hope this issue us remedied b4 NFH. I tell you what though tired of hearing this problem is on my end, since I'm able to have many devices running and play other games on my PS3 without any issues... JS

I was able to play too. On my first attempt though, I pressed X to "play" before I got to the character selection screen I got a total hard freeze. After rebooting and doing a file system check, I logged in successfully and stayed long enough to compete in a shadow war and a freight yard before a DC. After that one, I played in two more pvp matches before resetting. Played heaven sent for a couple hours after that with just a little lag. While not perfect, I can't complain as much others. I saw clanmates going online offline online offline all night...felt kinda bad for them.

twsnagy
11-12-2016, 10:03 AM
seems those critouts n hard freeze havent been fixed yet...crited 11 times the last hour and finally got 2 hard freeze in arow...notice everytime i crited i dashboarded to reload the game.... i guess it ll be like that until mondays update....hopefully -_-
dont see the point of creating a wishlist for solstice strick weapons/jps lol i just wish this game to be FIXED.... -_-

Belle Starr
11-12-2016, 01:36 PM
Agreed. Reads like a PC elitist comment.

Thanks, LS, btw for not being one of them. :)

Soooooo... am I a PC elitist when every time I log on Defiance, my favorite online game, I TG that I am NOT on console but on PC because I don't have all the troubles y'all have on console?!?! :confused:

For example, when we first got snow in Defiance for a Solstice special event, almost all the console folk wanted to get rid of it because they couldn't see anything but I was sooooo glad the Devs kept it in because the Defiance snow on PC was new and pretty! :D

Of course, now I hardly see anything except some enemies (most times) during special events because of spawned cars, BMG fire, and all the infector bugs everywhere, but I STILL enjoy those events on my PC, and from what I read on the forums, its still better than what the console folk see, soooooo... TG for my PC, and I'm sorry if that makes me a PC elitist (although I STILL don't like being called names)! :rolleyes:

http://31.media.tumblr.com/9b61793b1224660ab6c86623095daec6/tumblr_inline_nlgoieq0La1s8lsl9.gif

Mrdr
11-12-2016, 03:05 PM
Soooooo... am I a PC elitist when every time I log on Defiance, my favorite online game, I TG that I am NOT on console but on PC because I don't have all the troubles y'all have on console?!?! :confused:

<ship>
I'm sorry if that makes me a PC elitist (although I STILL don't like being called names)! :rolleyes:

<ship>

I didn't say players on PC are elitists. In fact, I told a PC player thank you for not being one. I think you misinterpreted what I was saying. There used to be several people around here who would post disdainful comments about console users and how much more superior the PC gaming community is just for not using peasant boxes.

I can honestly say that I've never once read a post of yours that even smelled of elitism. The parts of your post I shipped out are all really cool features of this game. It's not the PC gamers' fault that they wreaked havoc on the consoles. That's Trion's fault.

They developed a game that is supposed to be fully functional on 3 platforms but rather than make certain that all of the community has the same experience they instead develop for PC, test it on PC, then tweak it so it will install on a console. The console portion is tested by the community after it's gone live and not before...it has been confirmed they zero intention of allowing content to be tested on console because it could take a couple of weeks longer to release content. Guess they'd rather put something out faster than put something out fully functional.

Again, this divide is not the fault of the gamers but Trion. The attitude of many of the elitists is, however, their fault. Trion laid the groundwork for it though.

Lake Superior
11-12-2016, 03:25 PM
seems those critouts n hard freeze havent been fixed yet...crited 11 times the last hour and finally got 2 hard freeze in arow...notice everytime i crited i dashboarded to reload the game.... i guess it ll be like that until mondays update....hopefully -_-
dont see the point of creating a wishlist for solstice strick weapons/jps lol i just wish this game to be FIXED.... -_-
While I feel your pain, it must be pointed out that on PC NA the servers appear to be....somewhat better than yesterday.
There are still issues of course.
One assumes you are playing on a console.

Lake Superior
11-12-2016, 04:34 PM
I didn't say players on PC are elitists. In fact, I told a PC player thank you for not being one. I think you misinterpreted what I was saying. There used to be several people around here who would post disdainful comments about console users and how much more superior the PC gaming community is just for not using peasant boxes.

I can honestly say that I've never once read a post of yours that even smelled of elitism. The parts of your post I shipped out are all really cool features of this game. It's not the PC gamers' fault that they wreaked havoc on the consoles. That's Trion's fault.

They developed a game that is supposed to be fully functional on 3 platforms but rather than make certain that all of the community has the same experience they instead develop for PC, test it on PC, then tweak it so it will install on a console. The console portion is tested by the community after it's gone live and not before...it has been confirmed they zero intention of allowing content to be tested on console because it could take a couple of weeks longer to release content. Guess they'd rather put something out faster than put something out fully functional.

Again, this divide is not the fault of the gamers but Trion. The attitude of many of the elitists is, however, their fault. Trion laid the groundwork for it though.
It also should be pointed out that your comment was not directed at Belle.
Which begs the question: Why wade into the discussion at all in this case?
I will be clear on my stance on PC vs. Console: When it comes right down to it, I dislike consoles. There is very little to make them a choice worth considering when it comes to gaming in a serious sense.
They are ok for head-to-head stuff in your living room. And there are titles that are exclusive to them which I wish WEREN'T (really stupid marketing BS there when it comes to games like Last of Us).
But for MMO, and most single player games, the BIGGEST problem that appeared in recent years is console porting. It was predicted back in the late 80's/early 90's that console porting would cause an unpleasant marketing upheaval in gaming...and it bloody did.
This game's business model is a perfect example of that evolution. Which has not benefited the Consumer at all (if anything it's just another piece of the giant money-grabbing BS where profit margins are outstripping the average consumer's earnings by a large factor).
There ARE still what one can view as ethical companies out there who are releasing excellent value for the money (CD Projekt Red's Witcher series is a prime example. With Witcher 3 standing amonget the best RPG releases ever).
Anway, I digress.
One of the reasons I rant at Trion is because I LIKE this game. And a dearly wish it was given more attention...

Mrdr
11-12-2016, 05:36 PM
I agree that consoles aren't the best hardware. However, this game in particular was advertised as being an MMO that is fully functional on console AND on PC. This is not entirely true. Perhaps it could've been, if they built it for each platform independently and not for one platform and an attempt to shoehorn it into 2 other platforms.

I've never had a gaming PC, because they're not really all that cheap and I grew up with consoles (Atari 2600 anyone?). At the time I started gaming, the big PC hit games at the time were Chuck Yeager's Flight Simulator and my all time fave, Leisure Suit Larry (still one of the best games ever). Consoles had Pacman, dig dug, space invaders, Galaga, pitfall (awesome also), etc. At the time, console was the way. I still prefer console, though I have played a few games on PC even though it wasn't a full on gaming box. I did it to try making games work on my Linux box. They did, I played them, but still liked being able to play games from my couch rather then my desk.

Anyway...if Trion had no intention of making this an equal experience all platforms then they shouldn't have marketed it as such. Just saying...

Belle Starr
11-12-2016, 07:50 PM
It also should be pointed out that your comment was not directed at Belle.
Which begs the question: Why wade into the discussion at all in this case? ***
There ARE still what one can view as ethical companies out there who are releasing excellent value for the money (CD Projekt Red's Witcher series is a prime example. With Witcher 3 standing amonget the best RPG releases ever).***
One of the reasons I rant at Trion is because I LIKE this game. And a dearly wish it was given more attention...

First I wade in because I can, unless I break the laws of the Forums, which I haven't here; and long time followers of my posts know I usually don't unless I am moved to say something, which I was here, so I WILL say it! I knew Mrdr's comment was NOT directed at me personally, and I'm sorry if anyone took it that way from my post, but when I hear labels such as "PC elitist" being applied to anyone, it gets me mad! There are too many real problems in RL, and God knows we hear enough name calling there, just witness this last Presidential race in the United States. I hate too to have that kind of divisiveness brought into my fictional world of Defiance as well, where the purpose is to have FUN! To quote Rodney King (1965-2012), "Can't we just all get along?" :mad:
Second, if you don't like what Trion is doing or feel they are unethical, vote with your pocketbook. I can't remember the last time I bought something from them for real cash, although I used to quite often in the first two years I played the game (mostly outfits and inventory slots I admit, and not the crapshot crates). Ultimately, if you get too disgusted with a company, you just quit playing the game and play those from more "ethical companies", although I'm not sure it's unethical for a game company in a capitalist system to make as much money as they can from a game. Again, many longtime players of Defiance just don't buy anything at the Bitstore or have left the game entirely. It's their choice, just like posting on a thread in the Defiance Forums! :(
*** -
Third, I LOVE this game too and wish Trion would spend more effort on it as well! Although I leave it every so often, sometimes for weeks at a time, I always keep coming back; partly because I still find it FUN as I strive to get my fourth character to EGO 6000, but mostly because of the great Defiance community (except for the trolls that troll on purpose - I dislike those)! Maybe I guess that's why I get sooooo defensive when people create divisiveness within the game and the forums by calling other players names like "Newbie" or "PC elitist" - I get enough of that excrement in RL! And there is the reason for MY rant here! :)

https://66.media.tumblr.com/77a6cf13a615be925fd6fe61b5e1a35e/tumblr_nmrqe1Yyf71tal76io1_500.gif

Mrdr
11-12-2016, 08:34 PM
Belle, I used the term PC elitist because that is in fact what some were being, or at the very least, behaving as. I have nothing against the PC gamers here (or anywhere)...just those who deem themselves above others due to the plastic and metal they choose to use to play this game. I've not seen those people posting as of late (and truthfully I've been keeping my distance from these forums too so maybe they have been). When I posted I wasn't accusing anyone of being an elitist, only that the way it was written sounded like what others would've posted. I chose to use the term "PC elitist" because it was 1) an actual representation of the facts and 2) kinder than what I could've called them. I didn't create the division, I merely shined a light on it.

Anyway, I've never had a problem with you and don't intend to start now. Hope you understand.

Belle Starr
11-12-2016, 11:03 PM
Belle, I used the term PC elitist because that is in fact what some were being, or at the very least, behaving as. I have nothing against the PC gamers here (or anywhere)...just those who deem themselves above others due to the plastic and metal they choose to use to play this game. I've not seen those people posting as of late (and truthfully I've been keeping my distance from these forums too so maybe they have been). When I posted I wasn't accusing anyone of being an elitist, only that the way it was written sounded like what others would've posted. I chose to use the term "PC elitist" because it was 1) an actual representation of the facts and 2) kinder than what I could've called them. I didn't create the division, I merely shined a light on it.

Anyway, I've never had a problem with you and don't intend to start now. Hope you understand.

Understood! I don't want to fight with you either, for I almost always agree with what you say! :D

Maybe its because the two year Presidential election (maybe an overstatement) of name calling over substance by both parties still has me on edge and a bit oversensitive perhaps, and some of the name calling on chat of late too, but you sure hit a nerve when you said PC elitist! :eek:

Anywho, I didn't want to start a war or anything over this, just wanted to voice my opinion on the matter! Friends, or at least friendly acquaintances, I hope? :cool:

https://media.giphy.com/media/zv3wgk0j5Bz2M/giphy.gif

Mrdr
11-13-2016, 05:54 PM
Understood! I don't want to fight with you either, for I almost always agree with what you say! :D

Maybe its because the two year Presidential election (maybe an overstatement) of name calling over substance by both parties still has me on edge and a bit oversensitive perhaps, and some of the name calling on chat of late too, but you sure hit a nerve when you said PC elitist! :eek:

Anywho, I didn't want to start a war or anything over this, just wanted to voice my opinion on the matter! Friends, or at least friendly acquaintances, I hope? :cool:

https://media.giphy.com/media/zv3wgk0j5Bz2M/giphy.gif

Of course...it was just a misunderstanding. No worries. :)

SanCarioca
11-13-2016, 10:13 PM
All I want to say is that, for the first time in ages, I simply could not play Defiance this Sunday.

The game took forever to login -- and when it finally worked, after several tries, it crashed. This happened a couple of times before I quit.

And I'll agree with Belle on this one: most of the people that voice their opinions about the problems and issues this game has, are the same people that LOVE this game, and the community, and have been around for years. Like Belle, I purchased a lot of inventory slots, and I regret doing so today, because inventory management turned out to be one of the gigantic never-addressed hassles of this game. With 375 slots today, I literally bought myself into trouble to navigate through all of my items, let alone when doing so just crits me out to hell.

Now I keep my low toons with 105 slots and will never spend another penny in inventory slots until a GREAT management system comes along. That's an example of what Belle said about "voting with your pocket".

But still, we LOVE the game. We only wished bugs and quality of life improvements would be addressed first. Then we would spend money on it again. I'm sure most experienced Defiance players reach this point, sometime.

Maddock
11-14-2016, 05:12 PM
This is a pure dissapointment... meanwhile the Glyph Launcher does not start anymore. ERROR 2025 or something like that

I cant play 10 minutes without lag since a few days. Its like it was in 2012-2014 .. nothing has changed it seems

When i returned 2 weeks ago i had no trouble at all until some days ago this mess started.

I am a RIFT player and never had any problems with RIFT but DEFIANCE is sometime other... its just not right

I was willing to spend some Dollars to get Bits, inventory space and Patron but since this started i am carefull with my wallet

Insanely
11-14-2016, 05:26 PM
Yeah this sucks , I only have a 2-3 hrs top to play on a work night... I run 4 toons worth every night and now due to this I'm going to be a day behind on getting the weekly completed .. And that's hoping no more issues later....

Lake Superior
11-15-2016, 02:01 PM
And here we are.
After all the hiccups from the last event; we're have another event that is causing no end of pain.
- Arkfalls that are not appearing often enough to make up for the fact they are gone in a snap.
- Critting out more often than I have EVER critted out of the game (See first post for chronological reference). Two crits in the last 1.5 hours both in Co-op runs. Wasting my already precious gaming time.
- Freezing in loadout and salvage screens (This is somehow associated with whatever is causing the disconnects. As I have had friends/clanmates crit out when one of these freezes happen. Note that the freeze lasts for a few seconds then usually returns to normal; but when it happens in SALVAGE SCREEN I get really worried).
Please Trion. Repair the game a.s.a.p.

Bentu
11-15-2016, 02:29 PM
Something else I've noticed and only knew about before was by watching twitch Dayz live streams and that is rubber banding.

I first noticed it on the consoles with Vicera at the winter solstice last year but now it's spreading to any and all mobs, why?

As far as I recall I hadn't seen it before on console.

Lake Superior
11-16-2016, 06:07 PM
And here we are.
After all the hiccups from the last event; we're have another event that is causing no end of pain.
- Arkfalls that are not appearing often enough to make up for the fact they are gone in a snap.
- Critting out more often than I have EVER critted out of the game (See first post for chronological reference). Two crits in the last 1.5 hours both in Co-op runs. Wasting my already precious gaming time.
- Freezing in loadout and salvage screens (This is somehow associated with whatever is causing the disconnects. As I have had friends/clanmates crit out when one of these freezes happen. Note that the freeze lasts for a few seconds then usually returns to normal; but when it happens in SALVAGE SCREEN I get really worried).
Please Trion. Repair the game a.s.a.p.
The two in bold are of particular concern.
Three huge lag spikes while running Chimera today (Scrapworks) luckily I didn't crit out; but one of them got my toon killed (which doesn't add to MY fun factor; but that's more personal).
And this event's Arkfalls are TOO DAMNED SHORT. Making (again) my precious gamning time way to much of a hair-pulling stress-fest.
Please Trion: Fix this game.

Ryan Anthony
11-16-2016, 11:32 PM
Bugs with arkfalls aren't addressed, bugs with connectivity aren't addressed, bugs with netcode aren't addressed, and bugs with the launcher and in-game stability aren't addressed... BUT ... Trion rushes to fix the problem wherein people that didn't pay for a patron pass ended up getting jackpots. Their programming team was at first convinced it was a trivial visual glitch but once they found it wasn't, single-day job.

Shows their priorities, they're more concerned about being paid than putting forth a good product.

Truth be told, I'd rather see the random crit/PSN kick/hard PS3 freeze on game quit combos become a thing of the past before seeing a new event.

kaufenpreis
11-17-2016, 03:22 AM
Hardware huh?