PDA

View Full Version : Two big bug bears for me

p4ssth3wh1sk3y
04-07-2013, 12:10 PM
The first is that when you are interacting with an object any amount of damage you take will stop the interaction, so all the enemies have to do is sneeze on you to take you off of it. The second is that this game has (in my opinion) way more staggers and knock backs than the Mass Effect 3 multiplayer does. It's just plain frustrating to be knocked back 5 times in a row from snipers. I understand if you get hit in the face with a rocket that knocks you back but other things that do that piss me off.

When I talk about the knock backs it is strictly PVE not PVP.

Olcsonn
04-07-2013, 12:13 PM
Sniper knockbacks happen when they crit you, a headshot is a crit... Try moving to make it harder to get those headshots. If they are NPCs then it will take them a good amount of time to zero in on you again. If they are PC in PVP then pray that you can find them before they get a second headshot off. Nine times out of Ten a player headshot in PvP and you are as good as dead.

Fuzzy Skinner
04-07-2013, 12:14 PM
Those arn't bugs.
The first is there for the reason, otherwise during missions you could just rush to the objective, activate it, then run off without really fighting. You can sorta do this anyway with decoy, but take some timing instead of just eating damage while getting the objectives.
The second I haven't noticed as a problem personally. There is a simple solution of course, don't get hit. ;)

p4ssth3wh1sk3y
04-07-2013, 12:17 PM
I didn't say they were bugs, but things that I have problems with. I move around more than the average but I still hate being stun locked. It's one of the things I hate in games, but that's just me.

MR_CHEWYNumNums
04-07-2013, 12:24 PM
I didn't say they were bugs...

So you were titling a different thread?

Warlander
04-07-2013, 12:25 PM
I didn't say they were bugs, but things that I have problems with. I move around more than the average but I still hate being stun locked. It's one of the things I hate in games, but that's just me.

I dont get staggered very often, i see that laser from a sniper coming towards me I roll, same with rockets, get to cover shoot after they do while they are reloading, as for objectives most times you clear everything out and theres a pause to get a chance to interact, some times positioning helps to.

Fuzzy Skinner
04-07-2013, 12:26 PM
Maybe he was talking about Bugbears, ya know, like in Advanced Dungeons and Dragons.

Zengrath
04-07-2013, 12:26 PM
Those are not bugs at all and in fact for me, enhance gameplay. If you want to run into a enemy base and try to grab objectives without killing enemies first.. then it's going to be a challenge to do so. If you want to grab them without being interrupted then kill them first. most of time i kill everything around an objective before grabbing them. however there has been a few missions i did that i had chance to grab them before i had some time to do so before next enemies rounded the corner, but isn't always that easy.

Tgreen
04-07-2013, 12:28 PM
There's a main mission late in SF where there are a lot of Dark Matter snipers - really the only mob that lets you lose control other than Warriors (melee and quite easy to avoid really) and big guys or bosses.

And yes, they can be a pain if there are multiple ones.
But...
1. watch the minimap for red dots that don't correspond with a mob that you can spot
2. watch out for red laser lines - you can interrupt their shot if reacting quickly
3. watch for blurry blobs in the landscape as any damage will take them out of cloak
4. always take them out first even if you have to take a few hits from the normal grunts, they have impecable accuracy if you don't disrupt them and deal ~1000 damage on a hit plus you get screwed hard by the concussive effect

Fighting Dark Matter is a lot more about positioning than with any other enemy. They don't melee, their basic unit deals high damage and their two special units - sniper and monitor - emphasise strategical planning over tactical action.
Take those extra 10 seconds to see what guys are standing around and how you can get to them one by one, just running at them guns blazing like you could do it with a hand full of raiders probably won't cut it anymore.

ps: If this is not about the snipers please correct me, but I can't think of anything else that's not incredibly easy to just dodge with a good timed press of ALT.