PDA

View Full Version : One Shot Kill For Sniper Rifle?

DentalGang
11-14-2016, 09:46 PM
So I've Been playing for a little while and I've noticed that the sniper rifles are under powered (unless you want to pay for DLC) and right now my EGO is 1,306 I have the VBI Bolt Action Sniper Rifle Which is probabally my best one in the sense of power and I was wondering if there was and Sniper Rifle in the game that's a one shot kill? And What mods or other rifles would anyone recommend that I could buy? I have a decent ammount of script so it shouldn't be a problem. I love playing In the shadow wars and stuff but I'm better off just laying back and defending my and my teams position.

starlord
11-14-2016, 10:25 PM
So I've Been playing for a little while and I've noticed that the sniper rifles are under powered (unless you want to pay for DLC) and right now my EGO is 1,306 I have the VBI Bolt Action Sniper Rifle Which is probabally my best one in the sense of power and I was wondering if there was and Sniper Rifle in the game that's a one shot kill? And What mods or other rifles would anyone recommend that I could buy? I have a decent ammount of script so it shouldn't be a problem. I love playing In the shadow wars and stuff but I'm better off just laying back and defending my and my teams position.

All decent snipers 1 shot in pvp you are just too low ego

xXxDSMer
11-16-2016, 07:43 AM
if your weapon is within 100 ego of your toon, and has a good amount of crit roll&barrel, it should kill with a headshot

Lake Superior
11-16-2016, 09:37 AM
The BIG thing to make sure of is Threat Level: If a higher ego player comes into the area you're in (or you are in an area that a high ego player/players are in) the threat level will go up. And because of that the mobs health pool goes up.
As long as the TL level is close to your level: All mobs are a one shot with even a "meh" bolt action.
Note that chasing the Bolt Action kills pursuit is not neccesary. Just do your missions, dailies, and weeklies with a bolt action loadout and use it as much as you can. You'll get 5k bolt action kills before 5.5k ego.
Always remember to watch threat level while doing dailies and weeklies though: be ready to switch to a more powerful weapon or loadout if higher ego players come into the zone.
Note that all mobs in the story missions, and regular missions are a one shot for you.

Lake Superior
11-16-2016, 09:38 AM
The BIG thing to make sure of is Threat Level: If a higher ego player comes into the area you're in (or you are in an area that a high ego player/players are in) the threat level will go up. And because of that the mobs health pool goes up.
As long as the TL level is close to your level: All mobs are a one shot with even a "meh" bolt action.
Note that chasing the Bolt Action kills pursuit is not neccesary. Just do your missions, dailies, and weeklies with a bolt action loadout and use it as much as you can. You'll get 5k bolt action kills before 5.5k ego.
Always remember to watch threat level while doing dailies and weeklies though: be ready to switch to a more powerful weapon or loadout if higher ego players come into the zone.
Note that all mobs in the story missions, and regular missions are a one shot for you.
Also; Semi Auto sniper rifles are the weapon of choice when sniping in PvP. Your Bolt Action fires to slow.