PDA

View Full Version : SS for 3 weeks please.

Chump Norris
11-19-2016, 02:41 AM
I see no reason people that enjoy events should be cheated out of a week because some get burnt out and complain, no one is forcing anyone to do an event, but by shortening an event you force us not to do the event.

If the above isn't the reason for shortened NFH please let us know why, thanks!

Ronin9572
11-19-2016, 05:21 AM
I don't think that's the reason, imho. You have to think the dev's are real ppl with family's and you know around the holidays ppl take vacations. And we all know Trion is a small company with a skeleton crew basically.

Bentu
11-19-2016, 07:40 AM
I don't think that's the reason, imho. You have to think the dev's are real ppl with family's and you know around the holidays ppl take vacations. And we all know Trion is a small company with a skeleton crew basically.

It's online gaming where Trion get an income 24/7, I used to work for a company that although didn't strictly run a 24/7 service the company was working 24/7 and if necessary we were required to work in emergencies and I'd assume Trion have the same requirements of their staff.

YES it sucks but you have to expect to take the rough with the smooth at times.

Mrdr
11-19-2016, 08:23 AM

I don't think they're hanging around the office and hand cranking the servers to keep them running. They start the program with scheduled restarts (short downtimes), and go do other stuff. This is just software that is supposed to run steadily until the scheduled downtime. They should only need to step in when there's an abend.

Altras
11-19-2016, 08:54 AM
SS will likely be 3 weeks. At least it has been for the last 2 years if I'm remembering correctly.

Lake Superior
11-19-2016, 10:56 AM
And it ain't burnout:
It's
A) the plain fact that any time spent coming out with the next silly Synergy (Unless they stick with an original) or Event etc etc takes away from them working on fixing the damned game at it's core.
B) The game does have other stuff to do; I've been piling up Hunter reqs more due to not having time to do Expos because of "Event Chasing" (though the event that's running right now makes me regret that. As the Synergy is silly, and the mechanics for the Arkfalls duration sucks).
It might be okay for folks that can sit at their PC's all day (why people that aren't disabled in some way would do that is beyond me; but that's neither here nor there) playing is fine; but many folks have jobs/other interests/ lives and can't do that.
I tend to focus on A in any case: This game needs medical attention. And rolling out event after event without doing some serious work on the core is...stupid.