PDA

View Full Version : Ticket #753214 Season2:Possession: Defiant Pursuit bug

Lake Superior
11-25-2016, 09:38 AM
So I'm wondering if anyone else has run into this: I'm on the mission mentioned. I took it; went to the Rift and talked to the E-rep Character; then head to Crystal Springs to "Speak to the Foreman".
The yellow circle is there. And as I approach it I can see the Foreman character. But as soon as I enter the yellow circle the Foreman disappears and cannot be interacted with.
Pain in the butt when your trying to level up...took the mentioned ticket out in hopes there's a fix.

Mr Devlin
11-25-2016, 09:56 AM
So I'm wondering if anyone else has run into this: I'm on the mission mentioned. I took it; went to the Rift and talked to the E-rep Character; then head to Crystal Springs to "Speak to the Foreman".
The yellow circle is there. And as I approach it I can see the Foreman character. But as soon as I enter the yellow circle the Foreman disappears and cannot be interacted with.
Pain in the butt when your trying to level up...took the mentioned ticket out in hopes there's a fix.

I know several people that have run into this... we did find a work-around. When you're at the location get a friend to start a duel with you and the guy you need to talk to reappears....

Lake Superior
11-25-2016, 10:33 AM
I know several people that have run into this... we did find a work-around. When you're at the location get a friend to start a duel with you and the guy you need to talk to reappears....
I'd love to have the Devs fix the damned game so this crap doesn't happen.
I have done all these missions, hotshots, driving pursuits on another account over a year ago...and I'm noticing a LOT more bugs this time through.
Several Hotshots/Rampages won't finish unless you figure out a way to empty the "respawning ammo clip bug" for instance.
But thanks for the tip. Will give it a try.

Lake Superior
11-25-2016, 12:21 PM
Out of curiousity: When you engage in the duel, is it then that you have to interact with the NPC?

Johnny Stranger
11-25-2016, 07:31 PM
Yes , interact while in duel ... there will be another mission a little later in same area , you will have to duel again but for you to enter you need to hold the button down to complete the little circle to get in . This icon will disappear a few times before the circle finishes and you will have to keep trying it .. Good luck

Lake Superior
11-25-2016, 10:41 PM
Hellfire and damnation...ok. Thanks guys!

Yes , interact while in duel ... there will be another mission a little later in same area , you will have to duel again but for you to enter you need to hold the button down to complete the little circle to get in . This icon will disappear a few times before the circle finishes and you will have to keep trying it .. Good luck
John, which "button" do you mean? Not 100% sure what you're saying...
PS. Trion *grumble grumble* fix this stuff.

Bentu
11-25-2016, 11:28 PM
Hellfire and damnation...ok. Thanks guys!

John, which "button" do you mean? Not 100% sure what you're saying...
PS. Trion *grumble grumble* fix this stuff.

Take a selfie to see how blue you get before they eventually fix it. :D

xSalemx
11-25-2016, 11:35 PM
I'd love to have the Devs fix the damned game so this crap doesn't happen.
I have done all these missions, hotshots, driving pursuits on another account over a year ago...and I'm noticing a LOT more bugs this time through.
Several Hotshots/Rampages won't finish unless you figure out a way to empty the "respawning ammo clip bug" for instance.
But thanks for the tip. Will give it a try.

Had a weird glitch with a hotshot challenge the other day. It let me do it using the gun I had equipped with my loadout. Basically was doing the hotshot challenege where you are supposed to shoot the infected chickens with a semi-auto pistol, only I was using my Blast Rifle instead, smh..

Bentu
11-25-2016, 11:38 PM
Had a weird glitch with a hotshot challenge the other day. It let me do it using the gun I had equipped with my loadout. Basically was doing the hotshot challenege where you are supposed to shoot the infected chickens with a semi-auto pistol, only I was using my Blast Rifle instead, smh..

The same can happen at one of the sniper hot shots.
That's bugged to by the way, to do that you have to use a cheat work around.

xSalemx
11-25-2016, 11:41 PM
Well it ended for me when I accidentally stepped out of the circle, lol. Had such a high score too, oh well ^_^

kane93
11-26-2016, 03:59 AM
I don't know if you can file a ticket for this, or if this happens to others, but right i the middle of buying the bit store Black Friday boxes, it said I bought a Heartbreaker box.

The thing is I didn't select that at all and It drained my bits. Never wanted it, just wanted to buy more BF boxes.

Johnny Stranger
11-26-2016, 05:22 AM
You know when you have to enter a mission bunker , you get on the white area , press and hold think it's square on PS3 , till the little circle icon does full circle than you enter bunker ... there will be a mission after the one you are doing in the crystal spring area where you have to enter a door , you will need a duel for the door to appear

Ryim
11-26-2016, 08:27 AM
You know when you have to enter a mission bunker , you get on the white area , press and hold think it's square on PS3 , till the little circle icon does full circle than you enter bunker ... there will be a mission after the one you are doing in the crystal spring area where you have to enter a door , you will need a duel for the door to appear

E button on PC. The interaction button (or whatever Trion calls it).

Getting the door, even in a duel, is a monumental PITA and the ultimate test of patients imo. I'd like to take a wiffle ball bat to Trion and beat a Dev over the head constantly until he/she fixes that crap. I mean, really, just rewrite the quest to start a cutscene walking into the door when a character gets there, bypassing the need to open the door (or even just instantly port inside without a cutscene). Less immersion by 5%. Less stress by 500%

Lake Superior
11-26-2016, 03:31 PM
The same can happen at one of the sniper hot shots.
That's bugged to by the way, to do that you have to use a cheat work around.
The bug I've noticed is the endless ammo regen: As long as you hit targets your ammo pool will never run out.
Just did one of the San Fran ones (sorry, the name escapes me) where you have to shot DM with a pistol (and try to avoid hitting E-reps). - I ran the score up to about 150k,,,then had to empty several clips into a wall until the ammo ran out so I could complete.