PDA

View Full Version : Defiance Contracts...poorly executed?

Xenocow
04-07-2013, 01:03 PM
Hey,

The Idea with Daily and Weekly Contracts is great...granted.
But how the heck are you going to find what is asked for?

No Waypoints (like in Quests), and only insufficient hints toward the Quest Objectives...

A simple Example:
http://i.imgur.com/UiQMoS0.jpg

So, when i read this the Delta Bunker North or West comes to mind...located here:

http://i.imgur.com/D95DNiS.jpg

I start killing everything i see, not a single Update on the Contract...
I search the entire area, still nothing.

This is really frustating...

scrawnypaleman
04-07-2013, 01:06 PM
Do the Coop mission Liberate the Lost. That's where I got some progress. Though through the entire thing I only got 9.

BaitingMaster
04-07-2013, 01:08 PM
Was gonna say from the sounds of that contract its not the outside of the bunker BUT Inside the bunker so co-op mission?

Warkaiser
04-07-2013, 01:09 PM
What would be great is if they had 2 daily, and possibly also 2 weekly contracts for each group instead of just 1. Have 1 of each be something in the open world, and have another category for doing stuff within Co-ops.

Nosada
04-07-2013, 01:13 PM
yeah i'm just checking out some contracts now and I have no idea where to find "rioters on farms."

Exes
04-07-2013, 01:21 PM
East tower seems to work.

Arsenic_Touch
04-07-2013, 01:22 PM
Yeah they're poorly implemented. It's basically "kill this many of this type in this location" but doesn't actually show you where and there's no HUD tracking like everything else.

0_d4RK_FaLLen
04-07-2013, 01:37 PM
yeah i'm just checking out some contracts now and I have no idea where to find "rioters on farms."

Try keen farms its north and little west of the consulate. Can get it in one or two visits.

Nosada
04-07-2013, 01:42 PM
Try keen farms its north and little west of the consulate. Can get it in one or two visits.thanks i'll try that.

Viksen
04-07-2013, 01:44 PM
Moved thread from General to Contracts.

Xenocow
04-07-2013, 01:44 PM

Found that one here :
http://i.imgur.com/EUnfOgd.jpg

Yeah they're poorly implemented. It's basically "kill this many of this type in this location" but doesn't actually show you where and there's no HUD tracking like everything else.

This excactly :(

Socalskillz
04-07-2013, 02:09 PM
Gave up on doing them seeing that half of them reset when you log out

Dragos Drakkar
04-07-2013, 02:31 PM
Kind of wish you could mark one or a couple of them as active and it would give you a vague idea or somethign on the map. It wouldn't have to tell you exactly where to go, but some idea more than the entire region would be nice. It would also be kind of nice if the ones that required you to play co-op maps would be marked in some way.

Daergar
04-07-2013, 02:42 PM
Yup, let's hope that area names will be listed on the actual map (perhaps once you zoom in one step from maximum) when the patch hits. If I had realized/known how this was set up, I'd have'd drawn and written a paper version...

Nosada
04-07-2013, 02:43 PM
thanks xenocow, that place works. but only the riot shield guys drop them. its pretty slow going.

Bludwyng
04-07-2013, 03:05 PM
Hey,

The Idea with Daily and Weekly Contracts is great...granted.
But how the heck are you going to find what is asked for?

No Waypoints (like in Quests), and only insufficient hints toward the Quest Objectives...

A simple Example:
http://i.imgur.com/UiQMoS0.jpg

Xenocow, I gotta ask. WHERE did you get that screenshot from? I can find NO information in -game regarding Contracts...

quietscribe
04-07-2013, 03:18 PM
Xenocow, I gotta ask. WHERE did you get that screenshot from? I can find NO information in -game regarding Contracts...
I found them today. If you press Esc to get the screen up, then press Space to get the Ego circle up. Click 'Goals' on that, and there are two options at the top, the second one is 'contracts' and that is what you are looking for. :)

Thank you so much to the people who have posted screenshots of where the contracts are located, I have had no luck finding them myself.

Xenocow
04-07-2013, 03:40 PM

Just hit "J" and then right from the big "GOALS" on top are two tabs... Pursuits + Contracts

Jafo
04-07-2013, 05:24 PM
yeah, this one is the co op. BUT..ive done it twice and both times got kicked to the menu...and also, the first time I did it I only got 7 things, the 2nd time, 8. So I gotta do a third to the rest. Doesn't seem like its working right

Shogo_Yahagi
04-07-2013, 07:15 PM
I got one for raiders on docks, and the only place I could remember seeing raiders on docks was San Quentin. I went and killed a bunch, but none registered, so that must be the wrong place. You definitely need some hud help or at the very least, some location names on the map.

nateD
04-07-2013, 07:21 PM
One more thing about contracts. If Im far away from San Francisco (story line), why I have contracts, that I can complete only there? Contracts should be available for everyone, regardless of the progress in the game

Quebra Regra
04-07-2013, 07:44 PM
The contracts missions have been extremely poorly implemented (along with the map in general).

This area needs some real work by the devs...

Bludwyng
04-08-2013, 10:45 AM
Xenocow, thank you! Now if I can just figure out how to get them to reset once I have done one. Did two last night, goldrushers and skitterlings in Marin, but last I looked they both said Completed and had not reset. The time remaining reset to 24 hours, briefly, then changed back to 0.

BTW, if you go to the mine entrance for A Bullet for a Badman, skitterlings and goldrushers pop there every few minutes and you can get both Contracts done in an hour or less.

Bludwyng
04-08-2013, 10:46 AM
I got one for raiders on docks, and the only place I could remember seeing raiders on docks was San Quentin. I went and killed a bunch, but none registered, so that must be the wrong place. You definitely need some hud help or at the very least, some location names on the map.

Try Pirate's Cove?