PDA

View Full Version : weapon leveling?

HDxRUSH
04-07-2013, 01:12 PM
Im sure this has been explained many many times but can someone explain to me the weapon leveling? seems like some weapons only level once while others multiple times. Help please?

Kemba
04-07-2013, 01:13 PM
Each weapon has a specific limit of experience to grant. Once that limit is reached, the weapon will not advance your skill and you will need to use another one. You can find an image of what I mean on the second post, here. (http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?24696-Known-issues-common-questions-and-their-answers/page2)

HDxRUSH
04-07-2013, 01:15 PM
Each weapon has a specific limit of experience to grant. Once that limit is reached, the weapon will not advance your skill and you will need to use another one. You can find an image of what I mean on the second post, here. (http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?24696-Known-issues-common-questions-and-their-answers/page2)

do weapons that require a higher ego rating to use require more experience to level or is it just based on the weapon itself?

Kemba
04-07-2013, 01:19 PM
It works like this; Weapons themselves do not "Level up". What you're leveling up is your skill with that weapon type; so for example if I were using an FRC Heavy Scattershot and I filled up the experience bar on it, the gun itself wouldn't change. The skill level for pump shotguns, however, would have increased along the way, thus upping my falloff damage and accuracy, among other stats. So when a bar on a weapon is full, that weapons usefulness - in terms of advancing skill - is finished.

HDxRUSH
04-07-2013, 01:52 PM
It works like this; Weapons themselves do not "Level up". What you're leveling up is your skill with that weapon type; so for example if I were using an FRC Heavy Scattershot and I filled up the experience bar on it, the gun itself wouldn't change. The skill level for pump shotguns, however, would have increased along the way, thus upping my falloff damage and accuracy, among other stats. So when a bar on a weapon is full, that weapons usefulness - in terms of advancing skill - is finished.

ah. that makes more sense. thank you kind sir

Krazee DD
04-07-2013, 01:58 PM

WHat a cool game mechanic.

Good info, thanks for the solid description.