PDA

View Full Version : Dark/Dead Zone

Bentu
12-10-2016, 09:56 AM
I would like to propose a use for some of the out of bounds area towards the North of the crash site.

I'm thinking this area will be a strictly near cap area as all enemies will scale to threat level 10/11.

It would be known as the Dark or Dead Zone because it's constantly emitting radiation which will be doing shield and health dmg from the moment you enter it.

Strange new mutant enemies could be found there including vegetation which would devour us.

Please feel free to add your suggestions and hopefully add your support to this.
The game is getting a bit stale now and there's just no challenge in the open world environment we have at moment.

Bentu
12-10-2016, 09:57 AM
Reserved. ..................

Belle Starr
12-10-2016, 10:11 AM
This would be sooooo AWESOME! I totally support this great idea! :D

http://25.media.tumblr.com/c5026800ce5099ce1538a0384d389405/tumblr_mwwosiwLIK1sv98gio1_500.gif

The Lady
12-10-2016, 02:19 PM
That would be great, like the way the volge were before the nerf. They still have the old fort defiance site too.

Dark Book
12-11-2016, 12:37 AM
I have been to the other side it is a big open area up there some that is done some isn't, as far as Fort Defiance goes there's nothing there but an imprint in the ground all the buildings are gone, would really be cool to use some of those areas.

zakuroichi
12-11-2016, 06:20 AM
Dark/dead zone... for a moment there i thought I was back as an agent in the division lol.

I'd totally support this... but only if they won't allow players to team up, gank unsuspecting ark hunters, and then steal their stuff.

great idea

Basperios
12-11-2016, 07:07 AM
Instead of radiation how about leftover/residual teraforming energy? Could have random effects on the player and whatever baddies are in the zone periodically, some good, some bad, all totally random.

Say a teraforming spire went critical or had a malfunction and its still emitting whatever energy they use to recreate Votan biomes.

Zoomer12
12-11-2016, 07:33 AM
They need to add themed jackpots to all major arkfalls, add some new arkfall enemy types and terrain, have special arkfall events that occur rarely with a special boss that drops something special for the top 20 scorers or something.

Anything new would be good! But something to do during downtime would be better (that's actually worth doing)

Ryim
12-11-2016, 08:06 AM
+1 Support of this

I would suggest no reload boxes as an added difficulty. This means loot drops or ammo spikes for ammo. Would reduce spamming rockets and dets and spray-n-pray attitudes to use aiming and skill more. As well as teamwork on using spikes.

Along that lines, maybe the Protection Spike could completely stop the area damage you spoke of while the spike is active. Again, to promote teamwork and tactics.

Maybe we have to hold certain areas (like Sieges), but allow the mobs to mine the area (already in place for mines with Volge incursions). Would have to pump up the mines a bit to make players NOT want to stay around though the explosion, heh. This would let the mobs "re-take" the area and we have to move back in.

And a thought I've had (though not sure if possible with game engine/design): Have mutant Hellbugs that are only effected by nano effects. That is; bullets/explosions/etc do no damage, only the nano effect damage. Probably restricted to Skitterlings (bigger bugs would have too much HP, though might be a fun challenge), and they could swarm (ie @50 at a time).

Now I'ma go have more coffee and wake up, come back later and read this to see if it makes sense, lol.

But I do agree with the OP suggestion ^.^

Mrdr
12-11-2016, 09:11 AM
It's a vast area with nothing going on there. It should be opened up for use...same as Alcatraz and San Quentin and sure there's other areas too that could be used.

I assume you mean constant rad effects while in certain parts of the zone, yes? If it's everywhere all the time you wouldn't be able to stay very long unless there are some "safe zones" in the area. Should it be opened, I'd like to see it be both pvp and pvp (shadow war) friendly. The effects you mention should affect both pve and pvp. Safe zones could be cap points for SW...though not all safe zones otherwise it would just be sniper campers everywhere.