PDA

View Full Version : Cyber Rig Strategies - any out there?

Doermank
12-12-2016, 05:36 PM
Hello,
Thought I would reach out to the Defiance community to see if anyone has created a strategy guide for cyber rigs? Between all of the rig variants and chips, there is opportunity to create very loadout/play style specific rigs. For example, while doing expeditions, chips to boost self revive might prove useful. On the other hand someone may decide the best defense is a good offense and go all out with damage boosts, nano initiators, rate of fire enhancements and so on.
Each of the three main rig types (Lucent Guardian Mk III, Omni Instigator Mk III, Prime Evolver Mk III) and their variants seem to specialize in defense, offense or tend to be well rounded.
As I have examined a fair sized collection of rigs, I note that the passive perks are not random, but instead come in a small set of fixed arrangements for each rig type. So far I have identified 7 unique combinations for the Lucent Guardian, 7 for the Omni Instigator and 10 for the Prime Evolver. I suspect that there may be around 10 unique combinations for each rig type.
Beyond that, the # of chip slots of each type seems to be random, with very few rigs having zero of one chip and also very few having as many as 6 chips of the same type. The standard purple rigs (both 3K ego and 10 ego Overclocked versions) hold 10 chips with no keystone. The standard orange rigs hold 13 chips counting the keystone and require additional chip charge to fully activate all four passive perks. The perks themselves do not vary from purple to orange editions, only the chip charge required to activate them.

I do have little data on the cash purchase rigs, such as the Sentinel or the special rigs from some purchased drop boxes. They have different sets of passive perks and hold more chips but otherwise seem likely to follow the pattern of having variable distributions of chip socket types.

Having said all of that, is anyone aware of a guide that goes beyond the basics and helps you identify the ideal rig and chip load out to support various builds? It seems quite doable to have a custom rig setup for each loadout slot.

Thoughts and information greatly appreciated,

Doermank

Sevrin
12-12-2016, 06:12 PM
This is a very good start and many should find it useful. There really is a dearth of information out there about rigs. Thank you for the work you put in.

zee_oh_six
12-13-2016, 01:55 PM
defiancedata has a list. the variations are different tiers.
http://www.defiancedata.com/cyber-rigs.php

helped when i got tons of rigs from black friday 50 random box to sort them out.
so far during double skitterling week "shroud protocol=cloak on self-revive" and revive chips helped for solo expeditions using a bio nvf bombardier and mass cannon with armor damage/explosive chips. wait for the random electric nano to kicking then pummel with mass cannon.