PDA

View Full Version : Karma is broken!

Zoomer12
12-12-2016, 11:21 PM
At least it seems that way to everyone I have asked, even people that track how many majors till they have a drop.

Either that or they accidentally reset karma for everyone.

Edit: OR they forgot to add them to the karma loot table and loot table in general and it's working, but people got nothing as a drop.

Fisherman Joe
12-13-2016, 12:07 AM
Think you may be right. I haven't seen anyone get a jp in my reward/system tab. I usually see lots of drops to people from 'string missing' but none that I've seen.

Zoomer12
12-13-2016, 12:17 AM
When you are in a large clan and nobody has had a drop, and their friends in other clans havent either, you know something aint right!

Bentu
12-13-2016, 03:43 AM
I think in their zeal to keep the string missing notice under wraps they may have done away with that jp notification altogether so we can't see if anyone gets a jp but word of mouth should overall that and I've not heard anything either.

Fisherman Joe
12-13-2016, 04:12 AM
Yeah they might have done away with the string missing, I'm not sure. On PC/NA, none of my friends or their friends or clanmates have got a jp drop. No one said they've gotten a jp in Zone either when asked. I haven't seen any of the new jps for sale in Zone either. It's dry as a bone out there. Hope it gets fixed and this is not some newly adjusted karma drop rate we are experiencing. If this is a new drop rate I want a a refund for the patrons I pay for.

Ronin9572
12-13-2016, 04:12 AM
We saw a drastic reduction in JP's dropping last event, I'm sure it'll be even worse this event. Or who knows they probably forgot to turn it on...Merry Christmas from Trion! But keep spending more money on the game for better chances at a JP. Ho ho ho...

urn
12-13-2016, 04:37 AM
I've gotten the "purchase complete" popup box but did not get any JP afterwards, on a non patron account, "working as intended"? and this happened twice in the last few hours on the same toon...pretty sure I got jipped of 2 JPs by now

Zoomer12
12-13-2016, 05:02 AM
Something is wrong and they need to make up for all the lost time today where people got nothing for their efforts imo.

Omega Maximus
12-13-2016, 06:05 AM
I can also say that there were NO JP drops on the EU Server since event begin. That is really odd, usually SOMEONE drops, as our karma meters are all at different stages of progression based on our participation...and seeing that our Karma does carry over from where it left off from last event, then I would say that there is definately something wrong here.

Destro...Karma is turned off???

Moring
12-13-2016, 06:45 AM
Karma is turned off???

Karma has been working very hard for a long time and now is on holidays...

Zoomer12
12-13-2016, 07:00 AM
Karma has been working very hard for a long time and now is on holidays...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBH97ma9YiI

Us = car chasing Trion down the road for drops. Trion eventually turns around and burns us :(

Rhettro
12-13-2016, 08:08 AM
Strange that nobody has heard of any drops from arkfalls. I have typically gottten one or two the first day since karma was introduced. Nothing so far and I have completed the pursuit on 4 toons. In fairness, Karma from Bit Boxes is definitely working and was far more generous than usual.

Mayday
12-13-2016, 08:48 AM
Definitely something wrong here. Didn't Trion say they monitor the boards 24/7 to make sure everything's working properly? Been a good long while since event started....let's hope a fix or explanation happens soon.

Lake Superior
12-13-2016, 09:32 AM
Did a total of 12 Majors; saw 5 people get JP drops (including two friends who both are Patron).
So whether Karma is working or not; JP's are dropping...

Destromathe
12-13-2016, 10:16 AM
Hey All,

We have been investigating this thoroughly this morning, and unfortunately we have indeed found an issue with jackpot drops from events. Currently, the karma system is working as intended, and everyone is getting their karma rolls and karma increases. The issue, is that the jackpots are being awarded, but the loot table is broken and not providing the actual reward.

There are a few very key things that we have discovered with this issue. The first is that lock boxes are working properly and are awarding jackpots and karma normally. Second is that the karma system itself is working properly, and all players are gaining and expending karma normally. The third and most important, is that the rewards granted by the karma system are trackable, and we have all information on players who SHOULD have received a jackpot so far for this event.

In the next 24 hours, we will be doing a couple things. First will be pushing out an update that fixes this issue, which we will get out today. The next step, will be to grant all players who received a jackpot, a random jackpot that they should have received. We will get this grant out as soon as possible, hopefully today.

Thank you all as always for the reports, and your patience while we fix this issue. Rest assured that anyone who has received a jackpot from the start of the event to when we fix the bug, WILL get what they should have received. I will be posting a whole new thread once we have gone through with the grants with more information. Thanks!

Moring
12-13-2016, 10:24 AM
The next step, will be to grant all players who received a jackpot, a random jackpot that they should have received. We will get this grant out as soon as possible, hopefully today.

cheers for that

Rhettro
12-13-2016, 10:27 AM
Destromathe, thank you very much for looking into this so quickly. Stuff happens and I think reasonable people can agree that this is a very timely and fair plan.

Ronin9572
12-13-2016, 10:32 AM
Tyvm for being honest on this matter and doing the right thing!

VesperLynd
12-13-2016, 10:33 AM
Hey All,

We have been investigating this thoroughly this morning, and unfortunately we have indeed found an issue with jackpot drops from events. Currently, the karma system is working as intended, and everyone is getting their karma rolls and karma increases. The issue, is that the jackpots are being awarded, but the loot table is broken and not providing the actual reward.

There are a few very key things that we have discovered with this issue. The first is that lock boxes are working properly and are awarding jackpots and karma normally. Second is that the karma system itself is working properly, and all players are gaining and expending karma normally. The third and most important, is that the rewards granted by the karma system are trackable, and we have all information on players who SHOULD have received a jackpot so far for this event.

In the next 24 hours, we will be doing a couple things. First will be pushing out an update that fixes this issue, which we will get out today. The next step, will be to grant all players who received a jackpot, a random jackpot that they should have received. We will get this grant out as soon as possible, hopefully today.

Thank you all as always for the reports, and your patience while we fix this issue. Rest assured that anyone who has received a jackpot from the start of the event to when we fix the bug, WILL get what they should have received. I will be posting a whole new thread once we have gone through with the grants with more information. Thanks!

Random jackpot... you mean everyone will get the shotgun. Just give everyone the detonator. Merry Christmas!

Calm like a Bomb
12-13-2016, 10:34 AM
I've gotten the "purchase complete" popup box but did not get any JP afterwards, on a non patron account, "working as intended"? and this happened twice in the last few hours on the same toon...pretty sure I got jipped of 2 JPs by now

Does the "purchase complete" pop up mean you should receive a jackpot? Even being a non patron at the time? If that's the case I should have received a ton of jackpots from the last event.

Johnny Dbag
12-13-2016, 10:50 AM
Thanks for the response destro. Not to be overly cynical, but should we start a new thread to see how many are awarded the shotgun, pistol or sniper and see how few are awarded the detonator?

Darknessss
12-13-2016, 10:59 AM
Does the "purchase complete" pop up mean you should receive a jackpot? Even being a non patron at the time? If that's the case I should have received a ton of jackpots from the last event.

So thats what that popup means? I got that popup with every single new harvest major and all 3 solstice majors I completed yesterday. Does that mean I'm owed over a hundred JP's, ;)

Nah, probably means its just really broken. I got so used to seeing weird messages at the end of arkfalls, (like my favorite "reload unloaded") that I never thought it was connected to the Karma update.

Dragone
12-13-2016, 11:00 AM
Thanks for the response destro. Not to be overly cynical, but should we start a new thread to see how many are awarded the shotgun, pistol or sniper and see how few are awarded the detonator?
yeah I have the dame feeling as others that 99% of those who get this 'random' reward will all get the same, worst, jp in this event.

klaboo
12-13-2016, 11:22 AM

So thats what that popup means? I got that popup with every single new harvest major and all 3 solstice majors I completed yesterday. Does that mean I'm owed over a hundred JP's, ;)

Nah, probably means its just really broken. I got so used to seeing weird messages at the end of arkfalls, (like my favorite "reload unloaded") that I never thought it was connected to the Karma update.

Destromathe explained it - can't find the post fast so I try to explain. I hope IRC.
Last event we all got these popups until it was turned off again for non patrons.
It only means that the system is rolling a jackpot. Before it meant for non patrons that you indeed received a jackpot (I know because I received a few jackpots as non patron). For patrons however it is different as it is shown every time.

Greybush
12-13-2016, 12:14 PM

I'd be happy with the shotgun and I know someone who wants the pistol. Now the sniper...gonna be real disappointed to see "Dancer" roll off the screen.

Johnny Dbag
12-13-2016, 12:20 PM
Sweet, when i pull three or four of each ill hit you up...lol

DEATHBRINGER210
12-13-2016, 01:02 PM
Hey All,

so does the karma system work in the xmass war master?

Destromathe
12-13-2016, 01:07 PM
so does the karma system work in the xmass war master?

Yes, karma is working properly for the Major Arkbreak. Players who would have received a jackpot, will get theirs in the grant.

DEATHBRINGER210
12-13-2016, 01:11 PM
Yes, karma is working properly for the Major Arkbreak. Players who would have received a jackpot, will get theirs in the grant.

so the karma wasnt working in pts?

Skullsuku
12-13-2016, 02:00 PM

Well I gave up w/t Karma anyway, however there is a problem that needs to be fixed asap and will help a ton of your troubles. Turn on the no cars in the Event Major Ark Fall Zone[wanted to use all caps] like u have for the regular Ark Falls. This will take the strain off of your servers and keep ppl. quiet. I know u can do it because it works for the normal Ark Falls. I mean sure ppl. want to show off their new vans, but at what cost. I stopped playing last night because of this and am sure that I was not alone. F.Y.I. like cars weren't bad enough so u built them higher, hell I need to get high just to calm myself after shooting at someones van for the duration of the Ark Fall. There is most likely a thread for this already but this needs to b said over and over until it is fixed, we have been saying this for a long time, and it is time to listen to the Vets who really keep this game going, or they will b going also.

MrE
12-13-2016, 02:35 PM
Random jackpot... you mean everyone will get the shotgun. Just give everyone the detonator. Merry Christmas!

yeah, it's win win, we get what we want and imagine the amount of arkforge that would get spent on that many of the big boomers

Crack
12-13-2016, 02:46 PM
Destro, will the missing rewarded jps go into claims or will it just reward the current toon you're on at the time of restitution?

Or will it just go straight to the toons inventory that earned it?

SouLLezzZ
12-13-2016, 02:49 PM
I bet ya we're probably gonna get non trade able jps as a result of no jp drops

Kylarran
12-13-2016, 02:54 PM
I'm curious if there will be people getting 2 random jp crates in their claims. Surely some of us have received a normal random drop in addition to a karma drop... and there are some that could well have earned 2 karma drops as well.

So, perhaps in that new thread where we post the usual 'skewed' random jp rewards... make note to include mentions of anyone you know earning more than one jp crate.

Aren't you curious too?
----------

Also... Destromathe mentioned our karma is still accurately being tracked after our most recent karma jp. So I'd like a confirmation that our current karma isn't all being reset to zero... with this patch. It's implied... but not specifically stated, while they work through the next 24 hours of tracking this error and it's resolution in the crates we earned are distributed.
----------

There have to be some patron players who've turned in their weekly already, with their, however slight, chance of a JP out of the weekly present. I've one 6k alt that's collected it earlier today before the reset. Destromathe, does the review you've been working on also note any JP's that could have been earned from the weekly present, with the table giving us something else?
----------

Finally, thanks for tracking this JP error down Destromathe.

I'd thought everyone was just wearing their usual whiner caps, and that I was getting damnably unlucky while getting near 100 karma, if not past, with no jp.

Fisherman Joe
12-13-2016, 05:02 PM
Hey All,

Thank You Destro! Thanks for the great explanation as well as the great fix!

Destromathe
12-13-2016, 05:19 PM
I'm curious if there will be people getting 2 random jp crates in their claims. Surely some of us have received a normal random drop in addition to a karma drop... and there are some that could well have earned 2 karma drops as well.

So, perhaps in that new thread where we post the usual 'skewed' random jp rewards... make note to include mentions of anyone you know earning more than one jp crate.

Aren't you curious too?
----------

Also... Destromathe mentioned our karma is still accurately being tracked after our most recent karma jp. So I'd like a confirmation that our current karma isn't all being reset to zero... with this patch. It's implied... but not specifically stated, while they work through the next 24 hours of tracking this error and it's resolution in the crates we earned are distributed.
----------

There have to be some patron players who've turned in their weekly already, with their, however slight, chance of a JP out of the weekly present. I've one 6k alt that's collected it earlier today before the reset. Destromathe, does the review you've been working on also note any JP's that could have been earned from the weekly present, with the table giving us something else?
----------

Finally, thanks for tracking this JP error down Destromathe.

I'd thought everyone was just wearing their usual whiner caps, and that I was getting damnably unlucky while getting near 100 karma, if not past, with no jp.

Great questions! I will answer them in order:

1) Anyone who was supposed to receive more than 1 jackpot, will get more than 1 jackpot, regardless of whether it was a normal drop or a karma drop

2) Karma is working normally, and is never reset between events. If you were supposed to get a jackpot, that system is working normally, and would have reset your karma. The only thing that was not working (this has since been fixed) was that you would not actually GET a jackpot.

3) The weekly jackpot reward is and has been working fine. It was always possible to get a jackpot from it. The only thing that was not working was event drops (lock boxes also worked fine).

And last but not least, when this grant goes through, it will indeed give the jackpot directly into your inventory of the first character you login on, regardless of which character you were meant to get it on. We will post on the forums once the grant is complete, and I would recommend logging in on your highest EGO character. If by any chance you login on a low EGO character, our customer service department will be able to resolve that for you. Please keep in mind that it may take some time for them to resolve the issue, so I would recommend being sure to login on the character you prefer when we finish the grant tomorrow.

I hope this helps!

konstantinov
12-13-2016, 05:43 PM
Baby you're a firework.

http://i0.wp.com/okmagazine.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/tumblr_lv5ugpqkw11qkghiro1_500.gif?resize=500%2C21 0

Altras
12-13-2016, 06:15 PM
Did this bug apply to bitboxes?

Greybush
12-13-2016, 07:27 PM
Did this bug apply to bitboxes?

No, he was quite clear on that.

However, I'm still not seeing any jp's on ps3 na as of yet. Hotfix or Notfix?

BloodReapz
12-13-2016, 07:49 PM
A clannie got the donner jp grl earlier

Fisherman Joe
12-13-2016, 09:02 PM
I got a dancer, plus I've started seeing the string missing message so it looks like the karma jp drops are working right now.

klaboo
12-14-2016, 12:42 AM
... it will indeed give the jackpot directly into your inventory of the first character you login on, regardless of which character you were meant to get it on. We will post on the forums once the grant is complete, and I would recommend logging in on your highest EGO character. ...

Or the server you want to have it...

Moring
12-14-2016, 01:59 AM
Or the server you want to have it...

I doubt it will work cross plarforms/servers

Bentu
12-14-2016, 02:36 AM
I doubt it will work cross plarforms/servers

You're right it won't or shouldn't transfers between systems but if you play on two different servers it will jump from one to the other.

As karma is account specific and not tied to the server, which is one of quite a few reasons why I haven't bought a patron pass.

So sign in on character and server you want the jp on if you think you got one.

It would be handy to know before hand if we've been granted one.

klaboo
12-14-2016, 03:10 AM
I was not referring to systems but only to servers.

I am convinced that I could claim the jp on NA server even though I got it on EU server (PC).
However, as on NA the character is ~1.7k and EU ~4.8k and I already have several low EGO jps on NA I will not claim it there.

Omega Maximus
12-14-2016, 01:14 PM
Great questions! I will answer them in order:

1) Anyone who was supposed to receive more than 1 jackpot, will get more than 1 jackpot, regardless of whether it was a normal drop or a karma drop

2) Karma is working normally, and is never reset between events. If you were supposed to get a jackpot, that system is working normally, and would have reset your karma. The only thing that was not working (this has since been fixed) was that you would not actually GET a jackpot.

3) The weekly jackpot reward is and has been working fine. It was always possible to get a jackpot from it. The only thing that was not working was event drops (lock boxes also worked fine).

And last but not least, when this grant goes through, it will indeed give the jackpot directly into your inventory of the first character you login on, regardless of which character you were meant to get it on. We will post on the forums once the grant is complete, and I would recommend logging in on your highest EGO character. If by any chance you login on a low EGO character, our customer service department will be able to resolve that for you. Please keep in mind that it may take some time for them to resolve the issue, so I would recommend being sure to login on the character you prefer when we finish the grant tomorrow.

I hope this helps!

Is the grant still coming today?

Destromathe
12-14-2016, 01:18 PM
Is the grant still coming today?

Yes, we are working on it as we speak. In regards to different regions, it is correct that you will get your jackpot on whichever region you login on first. As for platforms, they will be platform specific. So if you have an Xbox and a PS3 account, and got a jackpot on each, you will get the jackpot on the platform you were originally supposed to get it on.

Destromathe
12-14-2016, 01:23 PM
One more update, these grants are going out now! Everyone should try and be on the character that they want their jackpots on.

Skeletor
12-14-2016, 01:50 PM
Thanks for all the information Destro. Keeping fingers crossed for when I log back in today.

KptBomba
12-14-2016, 03:42 PM
I got dascher today from karma