PDA

View Full Version : Looking for reasons to keep playing Defiance...

HyDrOpOnIc1987
12-14-2016, 04:43 AM
To start off, I'm sorry in advance for any *****ing/venting.

OK, so I took one look at this event and I'm very disappointed just as I have been for the last 3-4 events. This one in particular, the syn is good BUT the guns arnt. Just my opinion. There's nothing to look forward to anymore. A lot of long time players are taking off cuz there's nothing left to look forward too. No new content means the same thing over an over. There's also been an influx of greed in players. Not all, but son for sure. I'm sure we've ALL encountered it. People claiminbto be friends pulling moves to better themselves and screwing u in the process. Guess if I let it happen, its my own fault, but when I started playing, u could trust other players for the most part. There was honor among other players. I just don't see it anymore. Since I started playing, I've had a close group of friends who looked out for me, now that I've done good in the game getting almost everything I want, I've had these same people borrow scrip/guns and not repay, or pay back with guns of way lesser or Jo value to me and zone. Yet again, did it to myself. But I hear and see these same ppl giving things away for free to other players when they owe me, and still come back asking for more. This game, Xbox 360 NA anyways, has gone to greed very fast and I have a reputation of being fair and honest. If this is how the game will be from now on, I want NO part of it. It hurts me to say that as this is my fav game. Been playing almost a year and have put a decent chunk of my IRL money into it as well, but between the lack of creativity from the Dev in events and lack of content, the greed and selfish players(not everyone is like this of course) I just don't see myself playing. So far this event, I played an hour and was very disappointed with the lack of jps, crits and hard freezes, server crashes... Its all too much and overwhelming. I don't want to stop playing, but I'm running out of excuses for why things have gone down hill...

Once again, I'm VERY sorry if this offends or is too negative. I just don't know how to keep playing AND keep my sanity/happiness.

If anyone who knows me, and knows my recent in game issues, by all means send me a pm and we can talk, but if ur just gunna say "I'm sorry to see u go, what are u doing with ur stuff", don't bother.

My leaving isn't a for sure thing yet, that's why I'm bringing it to the community as I'm trying to figure out for to keep playing AND not have kindness taken for weakness and get ripped off or debts not taken seriously. I understand it takes time to pay someone back, it just shouldn't be owed for so long nor should u have to chase/hunt ppl down...

Thank you all, and yet AGAIN, my apologies for any negativity and rudeness that may have been misinterpreted.

See u in the game fellow ark hunters!

konstantinov
12-14-2016, 04:58 AM
Defiance is a dog eat dog world especially on Xbox NA.

HyDrOpOnIc1987
12-14-2016, 05:20 AM
Defiance is a dog eat dog world especially on Xbox NA. wasn't always... But if that's how its gunna be, another player lost. Can't see the game lasting too long without the remaining players actually banding together and changing this. Guess I'm just too niave or hopeful for this game. Oh well lol

Bentu
12-14-2016, 05:25 AM
Op I'm much in the same place as yourself except for the gear of course.
In fact I recently returned a sup tnt bb to a friend as I don't know what day will be my last.
I played some on Monday night xbx and ps3 but didn't play at all yesterday and like you these weapons have nothing for me except the melee weapon as I just try to collect them.

If you do find a reason to keep playing let me know as it might do it for me too.

konstantinov
12-14-2016, 05:32 AM
wasn't always... But if that's how its gunna be, another player lost. Can't see the game lasting too long without the remaining players actually banding together and changing this. Guess I'm just too niave or hopeful for this game. Oh well lol

I've seen people get ripped off by other clan members with leadership sweeping it under the rug. Everyone wants a title but not the responsibility.

I play for the laughs and friends but again next gen consoles are become my more widespread so this could change very rapidly.

Fisherman Joe
12-14-2016, 05:56 AM
I switched from xbox to pc in 2014. I've found the pc community to be friendlier and I enjoy it more. I don't know about there not being greed in the early days of xbox. Man oh man 2013 was nuts on xbox. The things some people did to each other over make believe guns was just shameful. However, there are good and bad people on all platforms, it's just the way it is. It's like a cross section of society.

HyDrOpOnIc1987
12-14-2016, 05:59 AM
Its sad how things are going. I'm hoping that something can save the good and loyal players from leaving. Also, I've seen and been a part of similar clans in the past. A clan is supposed to be a family, but selfishness and greed has overtaken. Oh well I suppose, this is the new wave o players and we either adapt or quit...

Brajjaan
12-14-2016, 06:26 AM
I've been there bud, and you know how I was being used for months in my old clan. Best thing to do is too find an expo and set a goal or well, set some kind of goal. I've been soooo disappointed with my rng in expos, by the time I started grinding with my team, they've pulled over 6 jackpots together while I'm stuck at zero. I've been feeling down til yesterday when I pulled Vixen which was the jp I wanted the most from this event.

If you ever want to roll with my squad or anything holler. And since your a very loyal and good friend I'll even share you my heaven sent secret on how to speedrun it and what weapons are most effective :D

Also you should play fallout 3 :D

HyDrOpOnIc1987
12-14-2016, 06:42 AM
I've been there bud, and you know how I was being used for months in my old clan. Best thing to do is too find an expo and set a goal or well, set some kind of goal. I've been soooo disappointed with my rng in expos, by the time I started grinding with my team, they've pulled over 6 jackpots together while I'm stuck at zero. I've been feeling down til yesterday when I pulled Vixen which was the jp I wanted the most from this event.

If you ever want to roll with my squad or anything holler. And since your a very loyal and good friend I'll even share you my heaven sent secret on how to speedrun it and what weapons are most effective :D

Also you should play fallout 3 :D looking forward to hearing ur secret :p I'll be grabbing fallout 3 and diablo 3 at the end of the month. I tried playing new Vegas a cpl days ago and my controllers aiming stick is too messed up for it. Gunna have to get a new controller too while I'm at it : / thanks, you've always been good to me so its nice to hear so good reassuring thoughts and the expo thing, great suggestion. I've yet to pull a preme from one and need a GRP for expos, whenever ur doing one and have an extra opening, definetly send me n invite :) thnx again

Menetekel
12-14-2016, 08:28 AM
There's always the hunt for the perfect weapon...

After reaching 6k and playing through all the new content that's created why does anyone stick around. The perfect weapon of course... now the perfect weapon can take a lot of work... a lot of grinding if you will. You need arkforge to roll and re-roll and re-re-...-re-Roll over and over again. You have to hustle and grind away working harder then ever because after you've grinded for months getting the arkforge you needed (that was the easy part) You have to find all the mods for it, often mods that are even rarer then the perfect weapon was. And so as you journey on finding your perfect weapon, gathering arkforge and hunting for those ever elusive mods... you cross paths with some other Arkers. Sometimes you meet new Arkers here trying to make their futures... or older Arkers who have been around for quite some time and just keep Hording they're fortunes. Maybe just maybe you met some like minded fellow ark hunters along the way... grinding alone gets to be tedious and will burn you out. Stopping by the Crater for a drink and a smoke and some conversation maybe you hear of another Arker who needs help, or who needs something you have or vice versa. There's always rumors of new technology coming out or old technology being rediscovered. Ooh the possibilities! So you and your friends, fellow arkers who have become almost like family to you, you keep pushing on searching for the newest perfect weapon. Seeing if it's really better then the one you currently have. In the end you realize it's not about the 'perfect weapon' anymore, it's not even about amassing your fortune... You play for the Arkers you meet who become like family to you. You find your place in this new world... or you follow Nolan to another place and try your luck there.

Brajjaan
12-14-2016, 08:54 AM
looking forward to hearing ur secret :p I'll be grabbing fallout 3 and diablo 3 at the end of the month. I tried playing new Vegas a cpl days ago and my controllers aiming stick is too messed up for it. Gunna have to get a new controller too while I'm at it : / thanks, you've always been good to me so its nice to hear so good reassuring thoughts and the expo thing, great suggestion. I've yet to pull a preme from one and need a GRP for expos, whenever ur doing one and have an extra opening, definetly send me n invite :) thnx again

Whenever I get time I'll hit you up, or we vould just chat but it's always better with a demonstration. And make sure to have a bit of scrip, my loadouts are inexpensive and can be afford by alot of people, I even have gun to give you to work on that is one of the main ingredients :)

nick145
12-14-2016, 10:19 AM
I'm with you hydro. Even my friends and clanmates won't keep me here for much longer. It took me over 730 arkfalls over the last 4 events to pull a single t4 ar mod... So ya... Probably going to hit Warframe on the one tonight as I'm just fed up and bored with defiance.

HyDrOpOnIc1987
12-14-2016, 03:20 PM
There's always the hunt for the perfect weapon...

After reaching 6k and playing through all the new content that's created why does anyone stick around. The perfect weapon of course... now the perfect weapon can take a lot of work... a lot of grinding if you will. You need arkforge to roll and re-roll and re-re-...-re-Roll over and over again. You have to hustle and grind away working harder then ever because after you've grinded for months getting the arkforge you needed (that was the easy part) You have to find all the mods for it, often mods that are even rarer then the perfect weapon was. And so as you journey on finding your perfect weapon, gathering arkforge and hunting for those ever elusive mods... you cross paths with some other Arkers. Sometimes you meet new Arkers here trying to make their futures... or older Arkers who have been around for quite some time and just keep Hording they're fortunes. Maybe just maybe you met some like minded fellow ark hunters along the way... grinding alone gets to be tedious and will burn you out. Stopping by the Crater for a drink and a smoke and some conversation maybe you hear of another Arker who needs help, or who needs something you have or vice versa. There's always rumors of new technology coming out or old technology being rediscovered. Ooh the possibilities! So you and your friends, fellow arkers who have become almost like family to you, you keep pushing on searching for the newest perfect weapon. Seeing if it's really better then the one you currently have. In the end you realize it's not about the 'perfect weapon' anymore, it's not even about amassing your fortune... You play for the Arkers you meet who become like family to you. You find your place in this new world... or you follow Nolan to another place and try your luck there. i would totally agree with that if i didnt have 3 of my closest friends on here pull some crap that u wouldnt even do to ur enemy. Ive been 6ke for months and that reason is what kept me this long, but when ur friends whove always had ur back and u thiers,suddenly burn u unexpectedly and try and tarnish ur rep, then whats left to keep u going? THAT is my problem. I either need to meet a new group of loyal players which on 360 NA its not as easy as it may seem, especially for someone hiding a social anxiety disorder. As for the perfect gun, ive been chasing it for some time, but current events have left me pennyless and without much wares to trade or sell, so im almost back where i started, except this time im 6ke and the ppl who were supposed to have my back are now laughing behind it because they were able to pull 1 over on me. Hate to be cynical or negative, but can u blame me? Id be playing other games but i have a broken xbox. Disc tray doesnt work. Only option is to buy over priced digital copies of games and im on a fixed income. Hard enough to afford rent and food, internet and home phone, let alone $30+ games that if i had a working disc tray i could pick up for $5-15 depending on the title as used.

Oh well, guess its all the trials of life lol

My appologies for the negativity. Im honestly looking for a change of some sort so that i can happily stay.

hempman
12-14-2016, 03:30 PM
please pm if you decide to stick w this dump and need some help.
3vilagent would like to talk to you sometime.

on a related thought...
Santa seriously needs to bring All of yas a next gen system...

nick145
12-14-2016, 03:41 PM
please pm if you decide to stick w this dump and need some help.
3vilagent would like to talk to you sometime.

on a related thought...
Santa seriously needs to bring All of yas a next gen system...

I got one. If you're still busy busy with evil you should tell him to hit me up.

hempman
12-14-2016, 06:22 PM
we usually chill at least once a day,weekends at nite are gaming nites.
he actually said High!
and what system are you on?
we went to ps4.

and hey,he says borderlands the handsome jack collection = get it.
tons of fun and stuff to actually do.
and LOTS of guns.

Brajjaan
12-14-2016, 07:46 PM
he actually said High!
we went to ps4.

and LOTS of guns.

Damn 3vyl still lives on, tell him I said hi

/Apex

Belle Starr
12-15-2016, 03:38 AM
Ya know, everybody has to figure out their own reason(s) for leaving or staying! For me, I like the game mechanics, Defiance world, PVE enemies, but like even more my clan mates and in-game friends, which I've lost a lot of lately! I leave - sometimes for a month at a time - but always end up coming back, usually after trying some other MMO like Firefall or Black Desert! I enjoy those games when I'm playing them, but they just aren't the same as Defiance for me! :)

I've never smoked, but from what I hear about smoking, it's a lot like that! It's bad for me because I get so mad that Defiance doesn't live up to its potential, but I just can't seem to get enough of it and keep coming back despite the long time problems of the game like lag and disconnecting and poor loot and... well, you get my drift! :D

I just want to warn you: Don't delete your character or sell/give away your gear, for you never know when that old Defiance addiction will bring you back here! :cool:

http://i.imgur.com/UYKoqPP.gif

Bentu
12-15-2016, 03:59 AM
Ya know, everybody has to figure out their own reason(s) for leaving or staying! For me, I like the game mechanics, Defiance world, PVE enemies, but like even more my clan mates and in-game friends, which I've lost a lot of lately! I leave - sometimes for a month at a time - but always end up coming back, usually after trying some other MMO like Firefall or Black Desert! I enjoy those games when I'm playing them, but they just aren't the same as Defiance for me! :)

I've never smoked, but from what I hear about smoking, it's a lot like that! It's bad for me because I get so mad that Defiance doesn't live up to its potential, but I just can't seem to get enough of it and keep coming back despite the long time problems of the game like lag and disconnecting and poor loot and... well, you get my drift! :D

I just want to warn you: Don't delete your character or sell/give away your gear, for you never know when that old Defiance addiction will bring you back here! :cool:

http://i.imgur.com/UYKoqPP.gif

It's not the games fault it's the way it is, there's only one person to blame for a dog fouling the sidewalk, the owner, you can try and blame the people he employs to train it but he employed them.

xXxDSMer
12-15-2016, 05:17 AM
i would totally agree with that if i didnt have 3 of my closest friends on here pull some crap that u wouldnt even do to ur enemy. <snip>

Hate that you found out that way those three people weren't actually your friends.

I very rarely vouch for anyone to join WSS.. but I'd venture out onto that limb if you're interested.

You know how to contact me :) (probably won't re-check this thread b/c not extremely active on the forum lately)

nick145
12-15-2016, 12:56 PM
he actually said High!
we went to ps4.

and LOTS of guns.

Ahh. I went to the Xbox one as i believe spec wise it is superior. Tell evyl Nick misses the good old days on nfshp and if evyl wants to chat I have a kik. (Who knows how long I'll be here before I'm banned again.)

HyDrOpOnIc1987
12-18-2016, 12:30 PM
OK, so I want to update this thread now. I have decided that quitting the game wouldn't be a good decision. I agree that this game has many flaws, but I would miss the ppl too much. To those who asked me to state a reason why to stay if I found one, here it is: friends. Its that simple. I let cpl bad deals eat away at me and it was ruining my game experience. Finally, the wrongs were righted and things are looking up again. Something that ppl, myself included, seem to forget is that for every 1 bad player there is 1 good player. Thank you all for your support an for posting to this. You all helped me get through a rough and tedious time. I would, however, like to give special thanks to a few players for having my back and being my rock. Thank you SubTrinity, Schmidty 103, Zeitgeist HD, Altrice, LUCIFER22, Skoobus and Nick 145. You guys all listened to my rants and gave me positive input and stood by me during this rough and depressing time. Its very much appreciated and I wish there was some way to repay you all. I look forward to playing with every single one of you as much as possible before we all move to next gen consoles or the 360 servers get shut down. This GAM is unlike any game I have ever played. It may lack in graphics and new content, but the community thrives and sticks together. To anyone else who is thinking of quitting, talk to your friends and ask yourself if you will miss them and if so, how much. It might just surprise you how much this community is worth to YOU. Thanks and have a happy holidays everyone. Happy ark hunting! :)

Mr Devlin
12-18-2016, 12:42 PM
OK, so I want to update this thread now. I have decided that quitting the game wouldn't be a good decision. I agree that this game has many flaws, but I would miss the ppl too much. To those who asked me to state a reason why to stay if I found one, here it is: friends. Its that simple. I let cpl bad deals eat away at me and it was ruining my game experience. Finally, the wrongs were righted and things are looking up again. Something that ppl, myself included, seem to forget is that for every 1 bad player there is 1 good player. Thank you all for your support an for posting to this. You all helped me get through a rough and tedious time. I would, however, like to give special thanks to a few players for having my back and being my rock. Thank you SubTrinity, Schmidty 103, Zeitgeist HD, Altrice, LUCIFER22, Skoobus and Nick 145. You guys all listened to my rants and gave me positive input and stood by me during this rough and depressing time. Its very much appreciated and I wish there was some way to repay you all. I look forward to playing with every single one of you as much as possible before we all move to next gen consoles or the 360 servers get shut down. This GAM is unlike any game I have ever played. It may lack in graphics and new content, but the community thrives and sticks together. To anyone else who is thinking of quitting, talk to your friends and ask yourself if you will miss them and if so, how much. It might just surprise you how much this community is worth to YOU. Thanks and have a happy holidays everyone. Happy ark hunting! :)

You have summed up many of the things I have tried to say for years.
1. Yes, the game has some glitches
2. the most important part of the game is the friends that you make.

The reason I keep playing is primarily the social aspect. I'm glad you finally realized that too.

Bentu
12-18-2016, 12:52 PM

Meeting and making new friends is by far one of the best reasons to stay unless it's the actual game you're having issues with.

Theocrat
12-18-2016, 10:52 PM
like another commenter mentioned, Diablo 3 is a great game and a blast to play online with friends without all the crashes and glitches. It has been out for a while now so you should be able to pick it up used at your local game store for about $5. I am on PS3 so you might see me playing Diablo 3 if you do happen to give it a try.

PithHelmetIrath
12-19-2016, 06:20 AM
Diablo 3.. now there's a game that I need to get back to & finish once and for all.

(On PS4)

Ronin9572
12-19-2016, 06:59 AM
As many ppl have stated many times its the same for me, the social aspect and friends keep me coming back. I'm long past the bugs and glitches and all the problems on the PS3. My biggest issue is Trion and their ridiculous wacky RNG!! I'm certain I'll never see another JP, unless its the T4 event pursuit. Trion basically making this P2W and constant lowering of drop rates is a big put off as well. Also the recent non transparency kinda bites. But I keep coming back cause this is the kind of game I like to play. Sure I've had friends come and go, been in good clans and bad but I keep playing. Sure I don't play as much as I used to but I still enjoy the game for the most part.

konstantinov
12-19-2016, 07:12 AM
Diablo 3.. now there's a game that I need to get back to & finish once and for all.

(On PS4)

New expansion coming 2017.

Nécromancer anyone?

PithHelmetIrath
12-19-2016, 07:20 AM
New expansion coming 2017.

http://i.imgur.com/oraYLDt.gif