PDA

View Full Version : 3 Burst mags..

MsPHX
12-15-2016, 08:36 AM
What is the purpose of these and what are the best guns to put them on? Just curious becuz I've heard a couple totally different reasons and weapon choices. TY

DSW
12-15-2016, 11:40 AM
any high-rof weapon, it will start firing additional 3-burst without removing full-auto fire thus increasing RoF and recoil

Keeper Riff
12-15-2016, 11:54 AM
Initial purpose was to improve aiming by inserting a pause after 3 shots so that the reticle would have time to narrow to its idle accuracy before the next shot. Another purpose was to add 3 more bullets to a burst within a burst-firing weapon. Both of these don't work as intended. There are two exploits though which are widely used:

1. It turns a semi-auto AR (e.g. Heavy Carbine) into a burst-firing one.
2. It increases fire rate by removing the delay between every 3rd and 4th bullet on a full-auto weapon (e.g. you fire 4 bullets instead of 3).

So recommendations are to use them for Heavy Carbines and slow-firing full-auto ARs, LMGs and SMGs (FRC Carbine, FRC SAW etc). But be ready for this exploit to be fixed someday, so keep a replacement mag of the same synergy just in case.

Which of ARs are affected by this exploit, depends on your network latency. For example, when I have ping time of 500 ms, only SAWs and Carbines have the fire rate increase with it (Volge weapons too but I don't care about them). If I'm lucky to have 200 ms, then VBI ARs and SMGs are affected too (but Pulsers and Mazu are not). It definitely does not affect Blast Rifles.

any high-rof weapon, it will start firing additional 3-burst without removing full-auto fire thus increasing RoF and recoilI doubt it's true for really high-ROF weapons like tachmags. I've shot them on video comparing them frame-by-frame and found out a noticeable decrease in rate of fire. It could be my latency affecting it though.

ADD
I even still have those videos, yay.
Tachmag:
https://s24.postimg.org/xx4h0i3rp/3_Burst_Tachmag.gif
(slowed down 0.25x I guess)

Carbine:
https://s3.postimg.org/p01jgo09v/3_Burst_test1.gif

MsPHX
12-15-2016, 02:06 PM
Initial purpose was to improve aiming by inserting a pause after 3 shots so that the reticle would have time to narrow to its idle accuracy before the next shot. Another purpose was to add 3 more bullets to a burst within a burst-firing weapon. Both of these don't work as intended. There are two exploits though which are widely used:

2. It increases fire rate by removing the delay between every 3rd and 4th bullet on a full-auto weapon (e.g. you fire 4 bullets instead of 3).

So recommendations are to use them for Heavy Carbines and slow-firing full-auto ARs, LMGs and SMGs (FRC Carbine, FRC SAW etc). But be ready for this exploit to be fixed someday, so keep a replacement mag of the same synergy just in case.

Which of ARs are affected by this exploit, depends on your network latency. For example, when I have ping time of 500 ms, only SAWs and Carbines have the fire rate increase with it (Volge weapons too but I don't care about them). If I'm lucky to have 200 ms, then VBI ARs and SMGs are affected too (but Pulsers and Mazu are not). It definitely does not affect Blast Rifles.

I doubt it's true for really high-ROF weapons like tachmags. I've shot them on video comparing them frame-by-frame and found out a noticeable decrease in rate of fire. It could be my latency affecting it though.

ADD
Tachmag:

Carbine:
https://s3.postimg.org/p01jgo09v/3_Burst_test1.gif Thank you very much. I wasnt expecting such an indept reply but it's greatly appreciated. definitely answers my question. have a great/safe holiday season

David Irwin
12-15-2016, 07:34 PM
I use burst mags on semi auto assault rifles that are single shot outta the box. Like heavy assault carbines, sentry rifle, etc. I wouldnt care to put them on anything that is full auto.

Sir Dan
12-15-2016, 08:14 PM
They can turn a gun into s click-fest. Buy a mod from the iron demon vendor and see if you like the style.

xXxDSMer
12-16-2016, 04:33 AM
any high-rof weapon, it will start firing additional 3-burst without removing full-auto fire thus increasing RoF and recoil

Wrong.
Blast rifles it actually has no beneficial effect on... at least not enough to be worth using a 3burst in place of a HCM or FAR.
As well as ANY weapon that has a set hard burst delay (ifrit/tacc, typhoon/vixin/whatever they're calling HiB AR non-jackpot, sub-carbine and all of its jp variants if any, as well as the old regular vot disruptor and any of its jp variants).

A for effort, F for misinformation.

I doubt it's true for really high-ROF weapons like tachmags. I've shot them on video comparing them frame-by-frame and found out a noticeable decrease in rate of fire. It could be my latency affecting it though.

ADD
Tachmag:

Carbine:
https://s3.postimg.org/p01jgo09v/3_Burst_test1.gif

tbh you sound like a conspiracy theorist with that whole bit that's in bold above. 3burst mag simply makes most weapons fire 3 shots - an effect that is most noticeable on natural semi-autos. Very much the same thing as switching an M16 from semi auto to 3 round burst. And yes it can increase the fire rate of some natural full autos that DON'T have a set and hard burst delay but I'd hardly call that an exploit since it's reload speed or mag capacity that is being traded for that.

What is the purpose of these and what are the best guns to put them on? Just curious becuz I've heard a couple totally different reasons and weapon choices. TY

Straight up answer from someone that has found a hobby in picking apart game mechanics: hands down the best weapons to put 3burst mags on are:

FRC Heavy Assault Carbine (and all variants based on this base weapon such as contender and the semi-auto top notch AR), as well as the fairly recently added Vanguard (soleptor and otherwise, including the newly added Soleptor Pioneer). Both of which are pretty much mandatory run a 3burst on this gun kind of guns.

IMO Sentry rifles fire rate is low enough that 3burst mag isn't mandatory. It is optional.

And if you really want to increase the fire rate of several guns such as:
vbi lm 43 thunder
vbi assault
frc assault carbine (full auto)
frc saw
Bombardier
volge battle rifle / volge recon assault / HiB LMGs
and perhaps a few others that aren't coming to mind at the moment,
then you can put a 3burst mag on those and see an increase in actual fire rate. But at the cost of mag size or reload time. Generally the lower fire rate weapons benefit more from a 3burst mag - but still at the cost of magsize/reload.

I am more than certain that 3burst does not help blast rifle, likely doesn't help obliterator, and absolutely does not help any gun with a programmed burst delay (such as anything that is naturally "burst fire" whether it's a "semi-auto" burst like TACC/ifrit/sub-carbine, or a "full auto" burst like vot disruptor / typhoon or vixen or HiB AR). Things that are naturally burst fire have a fixed hard delay between their bursts. So adding a 3burst mag to an already 3 burst weapon does exactly nothing. And in the case of something like sub-carbine that is naturally 5burst - adding a 3burst mag to that weapon actually hurts it because it will fire a 3 round burst with exactly the same burst delay as before.

SO, basically, the absolute best weapons for 3burst are: FRC Heavy Assault Carbine and its variants as well as Vanguard and it's variants. Pretty much everything else you might as well just run a HCM or FAR.